PDA

View Full Version : Two black cops kill a white kid. Where's the rage?

BigTip
11/10/2015, 07:59 AM
Two black cops In Marksville, LA kill a 6 year old white kid. I saw one story on the news. It did not mention race. The story in today's paper finally mentioned it 14 paragraphs in.

Were is the rage? If the races were reversed Marksville's TV and athletic shoe stores would be looted clean by now.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/10/2015, 09:09 AM
Where's the hate crime charges? After reading about this incident, this is a rouge parish police force that is acting out on its own. They do whatever they want and the local people and elected officials are powerless against them. They have been arresting and trumping up charges against anyone that they perceive is getting in their way...

REDREX
11/10/2015, 09:46 AM
I bet Al Sharpton does not show up

FaninAma
11/10/2015, 10:14 AM
Has Obama commented yet?,<sarcasm>.

Turd_Ferguson
11/10/2015, 10:23 AM
Has Obama commented yet?,<sarcasm>.

If I had a son...er...wait..

Serenity Now
11/10/2015, 10:26 AM
Good to see you guys making hay from this.

I'm sure you can link me to all of the other instances where black policemen kill unarmed white people, right?

Turd_Ferguson
11/10/2015, 10:37 AM

I'm sure you can link me to all of the other instances where black policemen kill unarmed white people, right?

Google's not hard, but you're probably the exception.

champions77
11/10/2015, 10:37 AM

So in your eyes, there is not a "double standard" in race relations today?

FaninAma
11/10/2015, 11:01 AM

Really? Google any search term along the lines of your question and get back to us. The difference is that whites don't burn down their own neighborhoods as a way to protest these incidences.

Tear Down This Wall
11/10/2015, 11:02 AM
It doesn't work that way, ya'll know that.

The most important thing this week is that a black student was starving himself because of some "incidents" on Mizzou's campus that no one has any evidence of actually occurring.

See how that works...
...black people say something happened, but there's no evidence that it did: NEWS
...black officers kill 6-year old white kid while shooting at his unarmed dad: NOT NEWS

Try to keep up.

REDREX
11/10/2015, 11:07 AM

I'm sure you can link me to all of the other instances where black policemen kill unarmed white people, right?---Sorry the story does not fit the Liberal narrative

REDREX
11/10/2015, 11:25 AM
Really? Google any search term along the lines of your question and get back to us. The difference is that whites don't burn down their own neighborhoods as a way to protest these incidences.---If anyone does go loot a Best Buy please grab me a printer---Thanks

Tear Down This Wall
11/10/2015, 11:33 AM
---If anyone does go loot a Best Buy please grab me a printer---Thanks

Toner cartridges for me, thank you!

champions77
11/10/2015, 11:38 AM
White on black crime, racism, black on white crime? Not racism. Blacks killing blacks? No one seems to care.

As long as we have double standards in race relations, where racist like Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright, Louis Farrakhan and Jesse Jackson are allowed to practice overt racism, without fear of retribution or disparagement, then race relations in this Country can not and will not improve.

Blacks have said for years they want to be treated like everyone else? No they really don't.

Ton Loc
11/10/2015, 11:47 AM
Its all over the news. Body Cam footage will be released soon. The cops have been arrested and charged with murder. That's how you handle this problem. What is there to demonstrate and march against?

You've chosen the wrong mountain to stand and fight on.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/10/2015, 12:01 PM
. What is there to demonstrate and march against?.

Rouge "cops" (they aren't really, they are Marshalls, similar to most county court deputies or constables, that some JOP has armed and developed his own force) in a parish. They are terrorizing people in the parish. I am surprised the FBI is not in there and RICO charging the group... This is what to march and protest... And possibly file hate crimes against the perps.

Ton Loc
11/10/2015, 12:39 PM
Rouge "cops" (they aren't really, they are Marshalls, similar to most county court deputies or constables, that some JOP has armed and developed his own force) in a parish. They are terrorizing people in the parish. I am surprised the FBI is not in there and RICO charging the group... This is what to march and protest... And possibly file hate crimes against the perps.

Sure - that's something to protest but its not what the peeps above were inferring. FBI with RICO charges doesn't fit the silly narrative of rioting and demonstrating for racial reasons.

Tear Down This Wall
11/10/2015, 12:40 PM
Its all over the news. Body Cam footage will be released soon. The cops have been arrested and charged with murder. That's how you handle this problem. What is there to demonstrate and march against?

That's not the point. The point is, neither are mountains. In both cases, the criminals' actions led to deaths.

I'm sorry that the six year old boy died, but at the same time...his idiot dad should not have led the police on a chase to being with. Nor should have have had a six year old in the front seat of a car.

I hold Chris Few to the same standard as Michael Brown - do what the police say or indicate (in this case pull over) and you don't end up with a tragic scene.

Both the dad and the police acted too rashly, and a child died because of it.

To me there is no race mountain. The mountain is getting past criminals - or, current criminals - to simply abide by police requests.

With Brown, the police officer said get out of the road, just get out of the road and onto the sidewalk. Simple.

With Few, police behind you with sirens on, pull over. Simple.

The problem is one of conscience on the parts of Brown and Few. Both knew, or felt like, they had something to hide from the officers. In Brown's case, he had just robbed a convenience store. In Few's case, he had a criminal record and may not have known whether all of his past warrants were cleared up.

It doesn't matter. Fighting with police officers or leading them on chases is not the right thing to do. Worse, in Few's case, is that he was modeling running from the police to his boy. If the boy had not been shot, he's got his closest male role model teaching him to try to avoid police. It was outright reckless behavior on Few's part.

There was no excuse for the police to shoot into that car. But, there was also no excuse for Few to put his child into that position in the first place. He though first of himself - keeping his own as*s out of jail on a possible outstanding warrant - instead of, "Hey, I've got my son in the car and don't want to endanger him."

Even without the shooting, the child could have been hurt. What if the chase ended up in a wreck? You've got a six year in the front seat of a car, driving at a high rate of speed being wrecked.

The police should face their day in court for the shooting. But, Few should also be hauled into court, once he's healed, to face charges related to the chase he led the police on.

Soonerjeepman
11/10/2015, 12:45 PM

really? not one word in KC last night or today...and I watch the news every morning and night. This is the first I've heard of it.

AND the whole argument, not a word from obama, sharpten, no white people tearing their town down (brown WAS guilty..)..so yes there is a double standard.

FaninAma
11/10/2015, 12:56 PM
---If anyone does go loot a Best Buy please grab me a printer---Thanks
Only if I can carry that and the Bose entertainment sound system I've been wanting. Plus i had planned on stopping by the nearest ransacked liquor store and restocking some refreshment supplies.

Ton Loc
11/10/2015, 01:03 PM
really? not one word in KC last night or today...and I watch the news every morning and night. This is the first I've heard of it.

AND the whole argument, not a word from obama, sharpten, no white people tearing their town down (brown WAS guilty..)..so yes there is a double standard.

Unlike many of the other nationalized cases that were marched and demonstrated against these guys were arrested and thrown into jail immediately and a full blown investigation is taking place.

Also, if this is the first you have heard of it I doubt you have read up on it or have all the information to make a rational judgement. Really, I know you didn't because you never have a rational judgement on anything other than OU basketball.

Ton Loc
11/10/2015, 01:04 PM
That's not the point. The point is, neither are mountains. In both cases, the criminals' actions led to deaths.

I'm sorry that the six year old boy died, but at the same time...his idiot dad should not have led the police on a chase to being with. Nor should have have had a six year old in the front seat of a car.

I hold Chris Few to the same standard as Michael Brown - do what the police say or indicate (in this case pull over) and you don't end up with a tragic scene.

To me there is no race mountain. The mountain is getting past criminals - or, current criminals - to simply abide by police requests.

With Brown, the police officer said get out of the road, just get out of the road and onto the sidewalk. Simple.

The problem is one of conscience on the parts of Brown and Few. Both knew, or felt like, they had something to hide from the officers. In Brown's case, he had just robbed a convenience store. In Few's case, he had a criminal record and may not have known whether all of his past warrants were cleared up.

It doesn't matter. Fighting with police officers or leading them on chases is not the right thing to do. Worse, in Few's case, is that he was modeling running from the police to his boy. If the boy had not been shot, he's got his closest male role model teaching him to try to avoid police. It was outright reckless behavior on Few's part.

There was no excuse for the police to shoot into that car. But, there was also no excuse for Few to put his child into that position in the first place. He though first of himself - keeping his own as*s out of jail on a possible outstanding warrant - instead of, "Hey, I've got my son in the car and don't want to endanger him."

Even without the shooting, the child could have been hurt. What if the chase ended up in a wreck? You've got a six year in the front seat of a car, driving at a high rate of speed being wrecked.

The police should face their day in court for the shooting. But, Few should also be hauled into court, once he's healed, to face charges related to the chase he led the police on.

Almost everything you've written is wrong or unsubstantiated. Literally everything about this story gets reversed more and more in favor of the father as the days and hours go on. You know nothing.

Serenity Now
11/10/2015, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the education on how to utilize search engines. I removed my shortcut to Alta Vista thanks to the great dropping of knowledge. I did find this.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/police-shot-and-killed-171-white-people-this-year-so-far

52% of those killed were white.
31% were black.

I pulled out the "undetermined" as that could skew the data.

Current US population breaks down at 72% white and 14% black. Seems like to not be equally representative.

"Also missing from the WaPo’s statistical analysis is the race of the officers involved in the shootings. It would be interesting to know how many black or minority cops shot and killed white criminals."

When you figure out a number and a link to the other times black officers have shot an unarmed white person I'd like to see it. Again, I appreciate the continued education from you guys. :)

Serenity Now
11/10/2015, 01:15 PM

I agree with you here.

SoonerProphet
11/10/2015, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the education on how to utilize search engines. I removed my shortcut to Alta Vista thanks to the great dropping of knowledge. I did find this.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/police-shot-and-killed-171-white-people-this-year-so-far

31% were black.

Current US population breaks down at 72% white and 14% black. Seems like to not be equally representative.

"Also missing from the WaPo’s statistical analysis is the race of the officers involved in the shootings. It would be interesting to know how many black or minority cops shot and killed white criminals."

When you figure out a number and a link to the other times black officers have shot an unarmed white person I'd like to see it. Again, I appreciate the continued education from you guys. :)

Dude, this does not fit into the circle jerk. This post of yours involves critical thinking. If I cannot break down into good/bad or black/white(no pun) then you are simply a libtard and I must hurl invectives at you.

BigTip
11/10/2015, 01:28 PM
Unlike many of the other nationalized cases that were marched and demonstrated against these guys were arrested and thrown into jail immediately and a full blown investigation is taking place.

That facts of this incident do not matter. Think about it. Do you honestly feel that if the races were reversed there wouldn't be all sorts of media coverage and possible protests/riots going on?

There is a double standard in the media and in this country when it comes to race. My co-posters here have eloquently covered all the salient points on why this is such a good example of it.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/10/2015, 01:30 PM
Sure - that's something to protest but its not what the peeps above were inferring. FBI with RICO charges doesn't fit the silly narrative of rioting and demonstrating for racial reasons.
Agreed on the RICO, that was for the Marshalls playing cop and terrorizing the community. Some Boss Hogg has got to be running something there...The story in the Baton Rouge The Advocate was quite disturbing. Last time I heard anything like that was in Georgia or Florida from the late 50s...

TheHumanAlphabet
11/10/2015, 01:42 PM
Almost everything you've written is wrong or unsubstantiated. Literally everything about this story gets reversed more and more in favor of the father as the days and hours go on. You know nothing.

Ton, I know nothing of the father other than he was caring for an autistic boy and he had his hands up when shot 7 times. The community was afraid of the Marshalls and they were rouge arresting anyone for anything. Was the father a previous criminal or something, I am asking? Only thing I have read is that the Marshalls said they were trying to serve a warrant on the guy and the Parrish Sheriff has said that was not the case, no warrant was being served.

Ton Loc
11/10/2015, 01:45 PM
That facts of this incident do not matter. Think about it. Do you honestly feel that if the races were reversed there wouldn't be all sorts of media coverage and possible protests/riots going on?

There is a double standard in the media and in this country when it comes to race. My co-posters here have eloquently covered all the salient points on why this is such a good example of it.

Your co-posters couldn't eloquently describe the **** they took after their morning coffee so I doubt they can handle this case.

Ton Loc
11/10/2015, 01:47 PM
Ton, I know nothing of the father other than he was caring for an autistic boy and he had his hands up when shot 7 times. The community was afraid of the Marshalls and they were rouge arresting anyone for anything. Was the father a previous criminal or something, I am asking? Only thing I have read is that the Marshalls said they were trying to serve a warrant on the guy and the Parrish Sheriff has said that was not the case, no warrant was being served.

No warrant was being served.
It wasn't a "high speed" chase.
And it turns out he wasn't backing into their car.

I have no idea what the beef was but this case is going to get more and more interesting.

My hope is it all comes out very soon. Then everyone can make their crazy judgments and arguments with at least the majority of facts being presented.

Edit: The beef (http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/The-Latest-Marshals-hearing-in-boy-s-death-will-6619486.php)

jkjsooner
11/10/2015, 02:41 PM
While there may be a point here, the critical distinction here is that the cops were immediately charged.

These things get worse when people feel that there is no justice. Given, I know that even had the cops not been charged it would not have been as big of a story as if the races were reversed but you can't underestimate the importance of quick action.

(All that said, I think the Ferguson cop was almost assuredly in the right.)

FaninAma
11/10/2015, 02:45 PM
Dude, this does not fit into the circle jerk. This post of yours involves critical thinking. If I cannot break down into good/bad or black/white(no pun) then you are simply a libtard and I must hurl invectives at you.

And SoonerProphet stops by to drop his usual thread turd post. Thanks.

FaninAma
11/10/2015, 02:50 PM
While there may be a point here, the critical distinction here is that the cops were immediately charged.

These things get worse when people feel that there is no justice. Given, I know that even had the cops not been charged it would not have been as big of a story as if the races were reversed but you can't underestimate the importance of quick action.

(All that said, I think the Ferguson cop was almost assuredly in the right.)

And there isn't a soul on this board that would favor a white cop shooting a black man without justification. If there is evidence that the shooting was unjustified then that cop should recieve the appropriate consequences. What isn't appreciated is the demand for punishment before all the evidence has been examined. My understanding is that in this case the body camera evidence was so aggegious the local police department had no choice but to arrest the 2 LE officers.

As uniform cameras become mandatory i guess we will see how racist the police in this country really are.

Soonerjeepman
11/10/2015, 05:16 PM

Also, if this is the first you have heard of it I doubt you have read up on it or have all the information to make a rational judgement. Really, I know you didn't because you never have a rational judgement on anything other than OU basketball.

Thanks for the compliment! On BOTH.

Actually, I can have a rational judgement. The whole point was NOT that the police were arrested but that IF it was race reversal there'd be all kinds of things happening, as it has in the past. Whether or not the police were arrested or not. The fact I haven't heard of it just supports that stance.

I've always maintained, do what the police say...if you disagree then file a complaint. Problem is the majority of the situations with the black suspect/ white cop, is the suspect did NOT DO WHAT the police said. Does that justify shooting, sometimes no, but as you've said don't judge til all the facts are in...hmmmm, guess the Furgenson folks didn't want to do that...nor JJ, AS...

Enjoy!

Ton Loc
11/10/2015, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the compliment! On BOTH.

Actually, I can have a rational judgement. The whole point was NOT that the police were arrested but that IF it was race reversal there'd be all kinds of things happening, as it has in the past. Whether or not the police were arrested or not. The fact I haven't heard of it just supports that stance.

I've always maintained, do what the police say...if you disagree then file a complaint. Problem is the majority of the situations with the black suspect/ white cop, is the suspect did NOT DO WHAT the police said. Does that justify shooting, sometimes no, but as you've said don't judge til all the facts are in...hmmmm, guess the Furgenson folks didn't want to do that...nor JJ, AS...

Enjoy!

I'm sure there would be a different response if the roles were reversed and if it happens I'll be interested to see it but as far as I know it hasn't.

Even if the police are giant *******s you should do what they tell you. Then after you hopefully haven't been shot you can deal with them. But I don't think this was just police thing. It is leaning towards a personal vendetta and these guys just happened to be police officers/marshals.

SoonerorLater
11/10/2015, 07:04 PM

31% were black.

Just a thought but maybe blacks commit a higher percentage of crime relative to the population.

SicEmBaylor
11/10/2015, 07:09 PM
Just a thought but maybe blacks commit a higher percentage of crime relative to the population.

Exactly right. They do. Here's the problem with that: it results in many cops operating under the assumption that every black guy they run across is guilty especially if there is anything the least bit suspicious. That leads to a more aggressive posture by the police which leads to more confrontation which leads to shootings, death, and miscarriages of justice. Blacks may commit a disproportionate number of crimes, but that doesn't mean being black is a legitimate reason to be shot or have your civil liberties violated.

SoonerorLater
11/10/2015, 08:37 PM
Exactly right. They do. Here's the problem with that: it results in many cops operating under the assumption that every black guy they run across is guilty especially if there is anything the least bit suspicious. That leads to a more aggressive posture by the police which leads to more confrontation which leads to shootings, death, and miscarriages of justice. Blacks may commit a disproportionate number of crimes, but that doesn't mean being black is a legitimate reason to be shot or have your civil liberties violated.

That's a plausible hypothesis but if that were the case you would expect to see a number disproportionate to the racial crime totals. The numbers just don't support the bias you describe, especially in violent crimes. As a matter of fact the numbers would indicate law enforcement is restrained toward blacks when using deadly force.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabledatadecoverviewpdf

TAFBSooner
11/12/2015, 04:47 PM

Very insightful comment.

Since71ASooner4Life
11/13/2015, 09:42 AM
White on black crime, racism, black on white crime? Not racism. Blacks killing blacks? No one seems to care.

As long as we have double standards in race relations, where racist like Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright, Louis Farrakhan and Jesse Jackson are allowed to practice overt racism, without fear of retribution or disparagement, then race relations in this Country can not and will not improve.

Blacks have said for years they want to be treated like everyone else? No they really don't.

Race relations wont improve till blacks stop killing one another. Were that to happen, we wouldn't need the smokescreens that take attention away from having to talk about what's really wrong. If president zero wanted to help blacks, wouldn't he for once talk about broken family structure that is the root of one heading down the wrong paths in life?

Since71ASooner4Life
11/13/2015, 10:09 AM

So, there's an iron clad solution for blacks: stop engaging in the behavior (the valid statistical reasoning behind the perceptions, which underlies the response) which leads to an outcome you don't like. The symptom is irrelevant when the problem doesn't exist.

I'm curious: if you personally were a cop and experienced the same statistical realities in your daily life, would your perceptions be any different? Is it wrong for a cop to synchronize their body language, with their moment-to-moment perception of their environment and any threats therein? When a cop displays a dominant posture, what's the best course of action - respond with resistance or aggression, or display a submissive posture of your own?

Tear Down This Wall
11/13/2015, 11:18 AM
So, there's an iron clad solution for blacks: stop engaging in the behavior (the valid statistical reasoning behind the perceptions, which underlies the response) which leads to an outcome you don't like. The symptom is irrelevant when the problem doesn't exist.

I'm curious: if you personally were a cop and experienced the same statistical realities in your daily life, would your perceptions be any different? Is it wrong for a cop to synchronize their body language, with their moment-to-moment perception of their environment and any threats therein? When a cop displays a dominant posture, what's the best course of action - respond with resistance or aggression, or display a submissive posture of your own?

This is my point. Whether you are a black in the inner city or some white redneck in a small town, picking fights with the local yokel probably isn't going to end well for you - no matter the skin color of the local yokel.

BigTip
11/13/2015, 12:20 PM

Same line of thought goes well with "profiling" young Muslim men. We've all seen the sarcastic internet thing about the long list of terror bombings, "carried out by young Muslim men." When a stereotype/perception/situation is constantly reinforced, eventually you should give in, and prepare to handle that situation when it occurs. Again.

Tear Down This Wall
11/13/2015, 12:55 PM
Same line of thought goes well with "profiling" young Muslim men. We've all seen the sarcastic internet thing about the long list of terror bombings, "carried out by young Muslim men." When a stereotype/perception/situation is constantly reinforced, eventually you should give in, and prepare to handle that situation when it occurs. Again.

If the Mormons begin strapping bombs to their kids, bombing shopping centers, and hijacking airplanes, I'll begin to profile their bike missionaries during the summer. Or, Baptists...or, Catholics...or, Presbytarians....etc.

Until, then, I'm stuck with having to profile the people of the religion that do strap bombs to their own kids, do bomb public places, and to hijack airplanes. Sorry. I'll be an equal opportunity profiler once some religion besides muslims starts doing what they do.

Since71ASooner4Life
11/13/2015, 03:20 PM

Its unfortunate that young Muslim men find themselves the object of prejudice. In that case, we are talking about a tiny fraction of the Muslim population who are in fact terrorists. A good many more hate Americans, but that doesnt make them terrorists. Statistically speaking, the small fraction who are terrorists doesn't logically justify the degree of prejudice which exists. But maybe the fear factor is heightened by the nature of what can occur when in fact there is a terrorist. Important for the young Muslim men to remember, is that the unfortunate prejudice which exists wasn't created by anyone outside of their race - it's an inside job.

We aren't talking about a small fraction of the black population upon which the perceptions/prejudice of police is based, especially in certain downtrodden neighborhoods. It is a sad fact that such a large portion of the black population exists in crime ridden neighborhoods, and in large part become conditioned by their environment / lack of family structure / proper upbringing. Being a tough guy on the street might be what you learn to do to survive in those circumstances, but you need to learn to stand down when a cop gives you an order. Showing the cop a confrontational posture isn't going to soften the cop's response.

olevetonahill
11/13/2015, 10:37 PM
Ima say just a few things then Hang up ok?

The BAD cops were arrested and charged under a Mil Bond each right? What else you want?
I do see the double standard by the MSM.
The Idiots that burn
their places down are just that Idiots
Until EVERY one is subjected to the Rule of Law and WE as White Folk quit the Racist BS they gonna do it!
The White folk need to look at the Crime! Not the Color
Same same Black folk. The white folk need to quit feeling Guilty about 200 years ago.
Nuff said !