18) UCLA
20) Mississippi State
21) Temple
22) Wisconsin
23) Navy
24) Northwestern
25) Memphis

Others Receiving Votes
Southern California 57; Brigham Young 40; Mississippi 27; Oregon 25; Washington State 20; Texas A&M 10; Boise State 9; Toledo 8; Western Kentucky 7; Georgia 5; Appalachian State 2; Arkansas 2; Bowling Green 1; Pittsburgh 1.

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa...-poll/2015/11/

Florida and LSU can go SUCK a D**K

oupride
11/8/2015, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the post.

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2015, 02:35 PM
I'm surprised Baylor stays ahead of OSU. Must be that "game control" metric they have been talking about lately. I'd counter that OSU had total game control yesterday of a team with a pulse. It could also be that BU and OU get of a nod to help hype next week's game and I have no problem with that thinking. :D

yermom
11/8/2015, 05:57 PM
If we win out, and there are no other upsets, we just need to worry about the winner of Stanford/ND right?

tooslow
11/8/2015, 06:39 PM
Many of the "experts" (sarcasm) disagree. We need another upset or two. But first things first. We need to beat Baylor and then take things one week at a time. Seems like every year there's always games near the end that shake things up. I can guarantee if Notre Dame has 1 loss, they will be given an invite over any other 1 loss team that is not named Alabama. It's all about $$$.

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2015, 07:56 PM
Many of the "experts" (sarcasm) disagree. We need another upset or two. But first things first. We need to beat Baylor and then take things one week at a time. Seems like every year there's always games near the end that shake things up. I can guarantee if Notre Dame has 1 loss, they will be given an invite over any other 1 loss team that is not named Alabama. It's all about $$$.

That and the fact that ND is pretty darn good.

soonercastor
11/8/2015, 07:59 PM
But first things first.

Well good thing we're not the ones playing.

BlownGP
11/9/2015, 12:06 AM
ND will probably get in over us.

With these first official rankings, I'm really nor sure we will get in if we win out.

SoCalBigRed
11/9/2015, 12:13 AM
We have #3, #12 and #5 left. We win out, we're in.

BigTip
11/9/2015, 07:22 AM
12th in AP

ESPN is thinking like us. We still need a little help.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14080348/these-one-loss-teams-college-football-playoff-hunt
(scroll down to written article)

Damn! I hate Notre Dame. No matter how many losses they have, they will always be the highest ranked team with that amount. Yes, Alabama is ranked higher now, but you know what I mean.

Jacie
11/9/2015, 07:35 AM
Just ask The King and he'll tell you, "Boys, we got em right where we want em."

Boomer.....
11/9/2015, 09:55 AM
I'm still under the mindset that if we out, we're in. The playoff committee won't keep the Big 12 out two years in a row. Bedlam is going to be insane this season.

BigTip
11/9/2015, 10:45 AM
The playoff committee won't keep the Big 12 out two years in a row.

Hey stop it, you are sounding reasonable! :joyous:

But seriously, I haven't even thought of that angle. Might be something to it.

I would think that we would be the only one loss Big 12 team to have a chance. Ours was early and we will cause all the other "one" losses.

BoulderSooner79
11/9/2015, 11:11 AM
Hey stop it, you are sounding reasonable! :joyous:

But seriously, I haven't even thought of that angle. Might be something to it.

I would think that we would be the only one loss Big 12 team to have a chance. Ours was early and we will cause all the other "one" losses.

We are definitely the only 1 loss big12 team with a chance. A bad loss is almost always better than a good loss if it is early. Why? Because most teams only have a very limited number really good teams on the schedule. That means a good loss is a good win you failed to get. So the only way a good loss is better than a bad loss is if the schedule has more good teams on it. That's where a CCG is helpful to get that extra good win. But there are pitfalls there because you might lose it, it might be a re-match of someone you already beat or the other division might be really weak.

Our biggest problem with the horn loss is that it's hard to say it was really "early". Game 5 is getting to be mid-season as where the Stanford loss was game 1. But if we were to somehow go 11-1, we have will have won against all our elite rivals and we have the Vol win in our back pocket as a quality OOC win. The other big12 teams have no OOC quality would have failed to beat one of there elite rivals - they would be out (as TCU is now).

Soonerjeepman
11/9/2015, 02:03 PM
does the coaches poll mean jack? I thought it was all the playoff committee?

Salt City Sooner
11/9/2015, 04:31 PM
We are definitely the only 1 loss big12 team with a chance. A bad loss is almost always better than a good loss if it is early. Why? Because most teams only have a very limited number really good teams on the schedule. That means a good loss is a good win you failed to get. So the only way a good loss is better than a bad loss is if the schedule has more good teams on it. That's where a CCG is helpful to get that extra good win. But there are pitfalls there because you might lose it, it might be a re-match of someone you already beat or the other division might be really weak.

Our biggest problem with the horn loss is that it's hard to say it was really "early". Game 5 is getting to be mid-season as where the Stanford loss was game 1. But if we were to somehow go 11-1, we have will have won against all our elite rivals and we have the Vol win in our back pocket as a quality OOC win. The other big12 teams have no OOC quality would have failed to beat one of there elite rivals - they would be out (as TCU is now).
If ND wins out, our biggest problem with that loss to the 'horns is going to be that the Irish plastered the team that beat us by 5 TD's (& it wasn't really that close of a contest either).

Re: the 'Vols, they're 5-4. I doubt the committee is considering that game all that big of a win for OU. UT's remaining schedule is very favorable however, so they should finish 8-4, but considering how many times they've let their opposition off the hook this year, I'll believe they have 8 wins when I see it.

BoulderSooner79
11/9/2015, 06:17 PM
If ND wins out, our biggest problem with that loss to the 'horns is going to be that the Irish plastered the team that beat us by 5 TD's (& it wasn't really that close of a contest either).

Re: the 'Vols, they're 5-4. I doubt the committee is considering that game all that big of a win for OU. UT's remaining schedule is very favorable however, so they should finish 8-4, but considering how many times they've let their opposition off the hook this year, I'll believe they have 8 wins when I see it.

And if ND wins out, they may well deserve it over a 1 loss OU. That's called reality. I'm just saying we would still have a shot with 1 loss as to where the 3 other big12 will not. Of course, any definitive statement like that is never 100% as weird things can happen like LSU getting into the final with 2 losses in '07. So i'm just talking the 98% case that says TCU is already out, but a very dangerous spoiler team. I just hope we are having this discussion 3 games from now, but I think the most likely outcome is we won't be.