PDA

View Full Version : So who do we want to be 2nd?

Soonerjeepman
11/6/2015, 11:32 AM
LOL, yes early and I've been drinking the koolaide (not!)..

I still think the last 3 games are toss-ups.

BUT IF OU were to win out...
#1 do we need everyone else to lose 2 so we have "one true champion" or did that change?
#2 who do you want 2nd?

I'm saying bu since they are the highest ranked team..then tcu with 2 losses followed by osu with 3

Mazeppa
11/7/2015, 12:49 AM
If we win out case closed we are big XII champions doesn't matter what anybody else does.

BigTip
11/7/2015, 10:36 AM
I've been trying to figure out who needs to beat who to help us out the most.
Like today. Like today's pokies vs horny toads. Keep TCU undefeated so it's better when we beat them? Or do we want the "other three" to just beat up on each other?
These whom to root for/against are very important decisions!

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2015, 11:54 AM
I don't think it would matter. I think the committee last year told the world that BU was the legit champ even though the conference did not. They ranked BU over TCU on the head to head even though TCU was the media darling. Then they smited BU for their cupcake OOC schedule. If OU wins out, it won't matter who is tied on record. None of the teams carry historical brand status, but all have fielded some very good teams recently.

(got my big-IF in there)

SicEmBaylor
11/7/2015, 12:40 PM
I'd like OU to be second.

tooslow
11/7/2015, 10:56 PM
I think it would work best in our favor to beat an undefeated Poke team and finish with 1 loss. It would basically be viewed as an unofficial conference championship game.

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2015, 11:01 PM
I think it would work best in our favor to beat an undefeated Poke team and finish with 1 loss. It would basically be viewed as an unofficial conference championship game.

Oh, now you speak up after the OSU/TCU game is in the books :P

I still don't think it matters, but my prediction is that all the teams take a Nov. loss and the big12 gets left out again.

tooslow
11/8/2015, 12:00 AM

Oh, now you speak up after the OSU/TCU game is in the books :P

I still don't think it matters, but my prediction is that all the teams take a Nov. loss and the big12 gets left out again.

If TCU had won, I would've substituted them for the Pokes. ;)

I also agree with your prediction. I think the playoff posse would put a 1 loss Notre Dame in before a 1 loss B12 team. :(

soonercastor
11/8/2015, 01:26 AM
If we win out case closed we are big XII champions doesn't matter what anybody else does.

Not quite. We would secure AT LEAST a "new year's" bowl as the big 12 representative. But as far as the conference goes we could be co-champ

tooslow
11/8/2015, 08:11 AM

Not quite. We would secure AT LEAST a "new year's" bowl as the big 12 representative. But as far as the conference goes we could be co-champ

Starting this season, no more conference co-champions in the Big 12. We win out, we are the Conference Champ.