PDA

View Full Version : Cyclones Dominating The "Rejuvenated" Horns

FaninAma
10/31/2015, 09:14 PM
24-0 with 2 minutes left in the game. It is so obvious that Stoops and his coaches thought they could just walk into Dallas with any gameplan and no motivation and walk out with the 'W'.

Soonerfan88
10/31/2015, 10:01 PM
According to Thomas Lott last week on the radio, majority of the fault lies with the players instead of the coaches. But yes, it does make that loss so much more frustrating.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/31/2015, 10:40 PM
It was a painful loss

Widescreen
11/1/2015, 01:04 AM
24-0 with 2 minutes left in the game. It is so obvious that Stoops and his coaches thought they could just walk into Dallas with any gameplan and no motivation and walk out with the 'W'.
Given the fact that our offense had played like crap the previous 2 years against them, it's baffling that our coaches would have that attitude.

BoulderSooner79
11/1/2015, 01:56 AM
I still think it was match-ups. If we replayed the horns, they would give us more trouble than they gave ISU. It saddened me to see that FR ISU QB stand in a clean pocket for 3-4 seconds over half the time. Mayfield didn't get that today playing KU and would never get it playing the horns. What ISU did show today is what we could have done on D if we over emphasized stopping the run. The horns passing game is total crap and if we had force them to throw, we would have forced major errors.

The horn game is water under the bridge (except for those who want to relive it for a decade or 2). ISU will be a big step-up from KU and they sure looked better after dumping Mangino. Their FR QB is a big step up from Richardson in arm strength and size when he chooses to run. But if we bring an aggressive game plan on D, his inexperience will cost them. Since we can pass the ball, I don't see the ISU/horn game as relevant for next week.

Soonerjeepman
11/1/2015, 08:04 AM
if you look at isu's scores...they actually have scored on bu and tcu, and limited their offensive output. I'm thinking they will be tougher than originally thought. They still lost, but by 20ish vs 50ish.

soonercastor
11/1/2015, 09:22 AM
we lost to this team. joke's on us

SoonerMarkVA
11/1/2015, 10:01 AM
According to Thomas Lott last week on the radio, majority of the fault lies with the players instead of the coaches. But yes, it does make that loss so much more frustrating.

The players take their cue from their coaches. I don't buy it.

The coaches set the tone, and the players were happy to buy what they were selling. It was a failure all the way around.

Also, LR inexplicably called the worst game imaginable for our clearly overmatched O-line, and never seemed to adjust adequately.

rock on sooner
11/1/2015, 10:19 AM
The 'Clones will be amped up after having beaten the 'Horns...the youngsters
in the backfield will surprise some. If OUr Sooners keep the same fire since the
TX barfing then it'll be a good tune up for the coming "gauntlet". Boomer!

BoulderSooner79
11/1/2015, 11:01 AM
ISU will present a real challenge. They don't have a lot of talent, but a big step up from KU and they are well coached. They are more sound on defense than WVU. Lanning, the new QB, is a huge set up in talent over Richardson. If promoting Lanning and opening up the offense really was the reason Mangino got the ax, then the HC was right. We should still win handily if we stay focused and execute, especially at home.

hawaii 5-0
11/1/2015, 01:28 PM
I expect a very good, tough game against the 'clones next week.

Glad it's a home game.

5-0

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/1/2015, 01:47 PM
The players take their cue from their coaches. I don't buy it.

The coaches set the tone, and the players were happy to buy what they were selling. It was a failure all the way around.

Also, LR inexplicably called the worst game imaginable for our clearly overmatched O-line, and never seemed to adjust adequately.It was a Twilight Zone game for us, and I still worry about our O-line.

BoulderSooner79
11/1/2015, 02:40 PM
It was a Twilight Zone game for us, and I still worry about our O-line.

Yep. As dominant as the our stats were yesterday, BM had surprisingly little time in the pocket. It really showed when TK came in and gave up on pass plays quickly and just ran. The O-line issues are not going away this season.

King Crimson
11/2/2015, 11:36 AM
we haven't played well against Texas the last 3 years. my fear is against any legit front 7, we aren't very good. however, no one else seems to be having trouble with UT up front.

SoonerMarkVA
11/2/2015, 05:29 PM
It was a Twilight Zone game for us, and I still worry about our O-line.

I agree our O-line is still a concern, but you have to admit that Samia has been a major upgrade at RT. I've been completely impressed by his play, especially for a true Frosh.

We have a great foundation at tackle for at least 2 more years. Now we just have to figure out the interior!

BoulderSooner79
11/2/2015, 06:54 PM
we haven't played well against Texas the last 3 years. my fear is against any legit front 7, we aren't very good. however, no one else seems to be having trouble with UT up front.

Bingo. Hard to believe given how we are putting up the points, but I still think we may have the weakest O-line in the conference. At least on par with the weakest at standard stuff like keeping a clean pocket for a reasonable time or opening a running hole on a standard play. Riley has helped the O-line a bunch by really mixing up the plays these last few games and getting the defenses on their heals. That won't go nearly as far against a legit front 7. I guess the good news is that our conference may not have a "legit" front 7. I do think we'll see a big step up in the last 3 games in that area now that TCU is starting to play good D.

On a related note, I can't imagine where this team would be without Mayfield. I know TK was rusty, but he mostly looked lost against the fearsome pass rush from Kansas! So glad BM and Kliffy couldn't get along.