PDA

View Full Version : Alumnus who lives in KC and went to this years RRR. Debating going to KS game...

milesl
10/29/2015, 09:04 AM
The RRR was awful !!!
Hot and I was sitting in the Texas section.
I got to do the walk of shame 4th quarter (leaving early)
Would watching a beatdown in Lawrence make me feel better?
I thought I was going to see a beatdown in Dallas actually.......
But the last 2 weeks of Sooner ball has been WONDERFUL !!!!!!
Advise welcome.
I have heard not to buy student tickets as they check that - any truth to that? I am 52.
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/167/files/2012/10/6675756.jpg

yermom
10/29/2015, 09:20 AM
never dealt with student tickets there, but tickets weren't hard to find

i'm not discounting anyone at this point though. it's almost as hard to go 0-12 as it is to go 12-0 :D

oupride
10/29/2015, 10:38 AM
But you can buy a ticket from a student, right?

Soonerjeepman
10/29/2015, 11:30 AM
I had 2 available...for $25 each..or best offer (not mine)

I'm in KC we are heading over....suppose to be rainy, 40% (sure you've seen that)

Lawrence is easy to get around, supposedly only about 20K jayhawks suppose to be there...bball has started and fball sucks.

I can see if I still can get the tickets, most jayhawkers know their team sucks so they are usually pretty hospitable when I've gone.

You'll prob spend more on parking than a ticket but I'm sure there will be plenty available.

kbsooner21
10/29/2015, 02:55 PM
Go!

badger
10/29/2015, 03:38 PM
I also recommend going if you have the opportunity. Here, I made you a flowchart so you can keep your fandom straight on the road:
http://i63.tinypic.com/6569l4.png

soonerwalt
10/29/2015, 04:47 PM
stub hub has them for $7

Salt City Sooner
10/29/2015, 11:41 PM
There's next to no chance you'll need this on a consistent basis, but just in case you get the urge.... :D

OXBM7XxZ5DI

BoulderSooner79
10/30/2015, 12:07 AM
Go to the game.. What's the worst thing that can happen ?

Soonerjeepman
10/30/2015, 10:16 AM
stub hub has them for $7

I know...my dang fiance...love her..but bought some from OU ticket office...got screwed. She did this as a surprise..lol Should have told her to return them.

ya don't want to know what she paid.

badger
10/30/2015, 10:27 AM
You paid $2.50.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/2e/4f/16/2e4f167cef5f9a4c38efc0ab7a9e671e.jpg

NO REFUNDS lol

Soonerjeepman
10/30/2015, 03:09 PM
I wish...she got screwed through the OU ticket office...NEVER again!

badger
10/30/2015, 03:29 PM
Because its Friday, here's a KU basketball article re-written for football:

LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Walk down the corridor and into KU football stadium, then gaze up to the cheap seats. Row upon row of empties stretch from one end to the other, with five shiny bleachers at one end for each of the losing seasons since Mangino got fired.

Expectations never really change at Kansas.

Some years, like this one, they are just augmented a bit.

The Jayhawks have hung 11 players out to dry each play, and the minimum expectation is to make it to a dozen losses this season. But it will have been many years since were this sucky, and that is where expectations are hovering these days.

"I have a goal to go to the Final Four," senior forward Perry Ellis said. "Our football team does not."

The Jayhawks may have lost another first-round pick in 2008 in Aqib Talib., but they more than reloaded. Two-star freshmen promise to give them some interior size that they didn't have last season, while "pieces of crap" from the Charlie Weis era are long gone. Seriously. The cupboard is bare.

But unlike most years at blue-blood programs, whether the Jayhawks return to the field after halftime will not be defined by the play of their untalented freshmen.

It will be the result of their threat of having scholarships pulled.

Few national championship contenders have as much experience as Kansas, because national championship contenders actually have depth.

No pro prospects, maybe more players will decide to stay after this season.

"We've got 12 pretty good guys, and all 12 are not going to play. Ten may not play," Kansas coach David Beaty said. "11 will play, because that's what football rules are."

ok that should thoroughly jinx us tomorrow. original article here (http://www.foxsports.com/kansas-city/story/experienced-kansas-jayhawks-harbor-national-title-hopes-as-usual-102815)

Al Gore
10/31/2015, 09:44 AM
GA's are going for $10. I picked up 30 yard lines 23 rows up for $20. Cheap.

Al Gore
10/31/2015, 09:46 AM
Go to the North side of the stadium. People will be dumping them there.

rock on sooner
10/31/2015, 11:22 AM
I had 2 available...for $25 each..or best offer (not mine)

I'm in KC we are heading over....suppose to be rainy, 40% (sure you've seen that)

Lawrence is easy to get around, supposedly only about 20K jayhawks suppose to be there...bball has started and fball sucks.

I can see if I still can get the tickets, most jayhawkers know their team sucks so they are usually pretty hospitable when I've gone.

You'll prob spend more on parking than a ticket but I'm sure there will be plenty available.

Anyone remember the last time OU played KU in the rain?