PDA

View Full Version : The GOP going the way of the Whigs?

Serenity Now
10/23/2015, 10:06 AM
http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/politics/257464-todays-gop-going-the-way-of-the-whigs

FaninAma
10/26/2015, 09:25 AM
Do you mean split or transform into another party? I hope so. Meanwhile, what are the Democrats going to do if the devestation of their party at the state and lovcal levels continues?

If Hillary is the Democratic nomineee it will be interesting to see if the Dems can hold their national coalition together that propelled Barry O. to 2 terms. I don't think so because a 68 year old corrupt career politician just doesn't have the rock star appeal necessary to drive the low information Dem voters to the polls.

okie52
10/26/2015, 11:13 AM
http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/politics/257464-todays-gop-going-the-way-of-the-whigs

The guy (Levick) writing the blog should do his homework better to save himself from further embarrassment.

Illegal immigration? Before they throw their next brickbat, Republicans might want to consult reports put out by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and scores of other business groups that spotlight the benefits that immigrants bring to the U.S. economy. Republicans who don’t have an electoral death wish also might want to study Hispanic-American voting and demographic trends. Does anyone believe that Californian Ronald Regan would have let his party get this crosswise on immigration?

The US Chamber of Commerce has been one of the biggest backers of illegal immigration for decades. Certainly everyone knows why the Chamber has backed illegal immigration and amnesty. Cheap labor being subsidized by the US taxpayers. They did it before when Reagan passed amnesty for 3,000,000 illegals in 1986-87 and, in return, the bill was supposed to provide enhanced border security to prevent illegal immigration from happening again. But the Chamber lobbied to not increase enforcement and the US kept its porous border security...and here we are 11,000,000 illegals later. Even Chris Christie blasted the chamber..http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/07/chris-christie-blasts-chamber-of-commerce-crowd-on-illegal-immigration/

Reagans own US Attorney General, Ed Meese, said Reagan told him amnesty was his biggest mistake. And Meese also blasts the US Chamber of commerce.

Reagan thought he was trading a small amnesty for all-important workplace enforcement and increased border security. But once the amnesty was done and multiplying far beyond expectations, the special interests went to work at killing enforcement at the employment place. The chief culprits were the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and large agriculture corporations that lobbied Congress into backing off enforcement.

The author should also check voting histories of hispanic Americans before he quotes it as a positive for amnesty and republicans. Hispanics have never supported a republican presidential nominee in over 40 years of election records. Even after Reagan/Bush passed amnesty in 1987 the Hispanics showed their gratitude to Daddy Bush by voting almost 70% for Dukakis in 1988. They voted 70% for Obama vs amnesty sponsor McCain in 2008. Usually the Hipanics vote in the low 30% range for pubs. So adding 11,000,000 voters or about the state of Ohio is a smart move for the pubs? Talk about self-inflicted wounds/suicide.

As to the pubs going the way of the whigs...if the pub establishment wants to continue to peddle amnesty promoting candidates and leave a large segment of their party unrepresented then I'll be happy to see them go.

FaninAma
10/26/2015, 11:20 AM
The guy (Levick) writing the blog should do his homework better to save himself from further embarrassment.

The US Chamber of Commerce has been one of the biggest backers of illegal immigration for decades. Certainly everyone knows why the Chamber has backed illegal immigration and amnesty. Cheap labor being subsidized by the US taxpayers. They did it before when Reagan passed amnesty for 3,000,000 illegals in 1986-87 and, in return, the bill was supposed to provide enhanced border security to prevent illegal immigration from happening again. But the Chamber lobbied to not increase enforcement and the US kept its porous border security...and here we are 11,000,000 illegals later. Even Chris Christie blasted the chamber..http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/07/chris-christie-blasts-chamber-of-commerce-crowd-on-illegal-immigration/

Reagans own US Attorney General, Ed Meese, said Reagan told him amnesty was his biggest mistake. And Meese also blasts the US Chamber of commerce.

The author should also check voting histories of hispanic Americans before he quotes it as a positive for amnesty and republicans. Hispanics have never supported a republican presidential nominee in over 40 years of election records. Even after Reagan/Bush passed amnesty in 1987 the Hispanics showed their gratitude to Daddy Bush by voting almost 70% for Dukakis in 1988. They voted 70% for Obama vs amnesty sponsor McCain in 2008. Usually the Hipanics vote in the low 30% range for pubs. So adding 11,000,000 voters or about the state of Ohio is a smart move for the pubs? Talk about self-inflicted wounds/suicide.

As to the pubs going the way of the whigs...if the pub establishment wants to continue to peddle amnesty promoting candidates and leave a large segment of their party unrepresented then I'll be happy to see them go.

Rule #1 of elections: the poor are always going to support the candidate(s) that promises them the most "free" stuff.

Rule #2 of elections: Rule #1 insures that there will be more poor people thus providing even more support for the buy-a-vote candidates.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/01/21/reminder-the-gap-between-rich-and-poor-has-expanded-under-obama-n1782256

The fact that the National Chamber of Commerce supports broad amnesty is a clear indication they really don't care if establishment Republicans or the Democrats win elections because they have essentially bought off both parties. It astounds me that liberals never, ever question why their politicians are as coazy or more cozy with the corporatists and Big Banks as the establishment GOP is. Low information voter.

Serenity Now
10/26/2015, 11:23 AM
Rule #1 of elections: the poor are always going to support the candidate(s) that promises them the most "free" stuff.

Rule #2 of elections: No one talks about Rule #1.
You missed your Fight Club chance.

okie52
10/26/2015, 12:03 PM

Rule #2 of elections: Rule #1 insures that there will be more poor people thus providing even more support for the buy-a-vote candidates.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/01/21/reminder-the-gap-between-rich-and-poor-has-expanded-under-obama-n1782256

The fact that the National Chamber of Commerce supports broad amnesty is a clear indication they really don't care if establishment Republicans or the Democrats win elections because they have essentially bought off both parties. It astounds me that liberals never, ever question why their politicians are as coazy or more cozy with the corporatists and Big Banks as the establishment GOP is. Low information voter.

The Chamber fits so well to Lenin's statement:

"When we go to hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope".

Turd_Ferguson
10/26/2015, 05:09 PM
I'm not sure how to respond to facts, so I'm just gonna act like my typical douch bag self.

Spot on.

Serenity Now
10/26/2015, 09:09 PM
Spot on.

******s drop anonymous trash talk in the notification thing. You and your bottom curly are the examples.

olevetonahill
10/26/2015, 10:42 PM
******s drop anonymous trash talk in the notification thing. You and your bottom curly are the examples.

Fer Sure?

TAFBSooner
10/27/2015, 09:42 AM

The fact that the National Chamber of Commerce supports broad amnesty is a clear indication they really don't care if establishment Republicans or the Democrats win elections because they have essentially bought off both parties.

I hope that's not your only indication!

It astounds me that liberals never, ever question why their politicians are as coazy or more cozy with the corporatists and Big Banks as the establishment GOP is. Low information voter.

Depends on what kind of liberals. Feminists are excited over Hillary and her support of women's issues regardless of economic issues. Economic issues are more important to me; of course I see how Hillary serves the 1% (as do Biden, Obama, and plenty of other Dems). Only when the choice reduces into two Wall Street ***-kissers do I turn to the one who is better on social issues.

"Low information voter" is just an insult without any profanity. People make political decisions based on their interests as they see them. The biggest difference between you and Democrats is your respective interests, not your level of knowledge.

champions77
10/27/2015, 11:07 AM
The dumbing down of schools is part of the "low information voter" that the Dems have benefited from very nicely thank you. That get that label because quite frankly they are uneducated and clueless about most everything. Probably can't tell what their zip code is. They are many times told who to vote for, and are supplied with threats that the Republicans will take away your welfare and "have you back in chains" as our esteemed Vice President warned a church full of black dems before the last election.
The 21st Century plantation is alive and well thank you, with Uncle Sam serving as the Master, doling out government goodies, telling you how to think, vote and act, controlling you for generations, creating a life of no future, no hope, despair with no path to something better. And we wonder why we see all of those angry black folks in the inner city? Initiative, personal responsibility and self reliance, virtues that built this country destroyed by a Great Society that had no vision of the future, couldn't see how giving people free goodies, without the requirement of effort on their part, was going to work out. That 75% single parent households of today, was 20% in 1965 before the left and their social engineering was implemented.
Education is a way out, but when you suggest vouchers or charter schools, the Dems always choose the Labor Unions over kids, because those Unions campaign contributions keep them in office. One of your heroes first acts as POTUS was to cancel the DC school voucher program. A very successful program that gave those inner city youths a choice, a way out it all. But you see the choice BHO made. Again he chose the labor Unions...over the kids.
So tell me who really cares about those low information voters? Your policies have made them that way.

Funny how the left treats choice. They believe that a woman should have a choice whether or not to kill a baby. But heaven forbid a black inner city kid having the choice to escape dreadful schools.

Serenity Now
10/27/2015, 11:21 AM
The dumbing down of schools is part of the "low information voter" that the Dems have benefited from very nicely thank you. That get that label because quite frankly they are uneducated and clueless about most everything. Probably can't tell what their zip code is. They are many times told who to vote for, and are supplied with threats that the Republicans will take away your welfare and "have you back in chains" as our esteemed Vice President warned a church full of black dems before the last election.
The 21st Century plantation is alive and well thank you, with Uncle Sam serving as the Master, doling out government goodies, telling you how to think, vote and act, controlling you for generations, creating a life of no future, no hope, despair with no path to something better. And we wonder why we see all of those angry black folks in the inner city? Initiative, personal responsibility and self reliance, virtues that built this country destroyed by a Great Society that had no vision of the future, couldn't see how giving people free goodies, without the requirement of effort on their part, was going to work out. That 75% single parent households of today, was 20% in 1965 before the left and their social engineering was implemented.
Education is a way out, but when you suggest vouchers or charter schools, the Dems always choose the Labor Unions over kids, because those Unions campaign contributions keep them in office. One of your heroes first acts as POTUS was to cancel the DC school voucher program. A very successful program that gave those inner city youths a choice, a way out it all. But you see the choice BHO made. Again he chose the labor Unions...over the kids.
So tell me who really cares about those low information voters? Your policies have made them that way.

hack

REDREX
10/27/2015, 11:33 AM
So tell me who really cares about those low information voters? Your policies have made them that way.---In many ways correct---Why think? Let the Gov't do it for you

FaninAma
10/27/2015, 03:49 PM
hack

No, he's right. Progressive entitlement programs have cratered the family.An intact family unit with a mother and a father is the biggest factor in keeping people out of poverty. Poverty crushes human potential.

Not all the problems that result from kids going through public school systems without getting the skills to prosper as adults is the fault of the school system.....most of it starts at home but understanding that the biggest failing of the school system is the failure to teach standards of ethical and moral behavior since so many kids no longer learn these things at home. Also, public schools have been corrupted by liberal politicians to teach that ethics and morals are all relative. A lot of public schools have also promoted the victimhood mentality that progressives love to espouse. which cripples the students who are required to attend those schools.

Soonerjeepman
10/27/2015, 04:28 PM
I've decided to stay off the political board, I agree with a bunch on here and disagree with a few.

Guess I'm a different educator. I teach in a low income school, mainly minority. Been here 25+ years. I'm proud of my work, believe in what I do. About 95% of the staff here DOES NOT espouse to the liberal view. We teach our kids that THEY are responsible for THEIR learning...their future...their choices...good and bad. True you can't "teach" morals, but we do by our actions and how we handle things. 97% of our kids are free/reduced meals...60% or more are from single parent. Majority black, then hispanic, then asian and a few whites. Most come in (Kindergarten) way behind the suburban schools...

I know our staff works their asses off trying to reach these kids, give them hope, give them something to strive for. Being continually behind the 8 ball sucks...but we try.

I agree, public education isn't what it use to be...but on the same hand, most of us came from 2 parent household that gave a siht about what we did in school.

I'm a product of private school
Kids went to a good public school
taught in a poor school

ONLY difference is parental involvement.

Just my 2 cents worth...

stoopified
10/28/2015, 03:08 PM
Maybe,they are Whigging out after all.

FaninAma
10/29/2015, 09:55 AM
I've decided to stay off the political board, I agree with a bunch on here and disagree with a few.

Guess I'm a different educator. I teach in a low income school, mainly minority. Been here 25+ years. I'm proud of my work, believe in what I do. About 95% of the staff here DOES NOT espouse to the liberal view. We teach our kids that THEY are responsible for THEIR learning...their future...their choices...good and bad. True you can't "teach" morals, but we do by our actions and how we handle things. 97% of our kids are free/reduced meals...60% or more are from single parent. Majority black, then hispanic, then asian and a few whites. Most come in (Kindergarten) way behind the suburban schools...

I know our staff works their asses off trying to reach these kids, give them hope, give them something to strive for. Being continually behind the 8 ball sucks...but we try.

I agree, public education isn't what it use to be...but on the same hand, most of us came from 2 parent household that gave a siht about what we did in school.

I'm a product of private school
Kids went to a good public school
taught in a poor school

ONLY difference is parental involvement.

Just my 2 cents worth...

That's exactly what education boils down to.

Tear Down This Wall
10/30/2015, 12:48 PM
It doesn't matter what Republicans do, the stupid (people who vote for Democrats) multiply faster than they do. Combine that with the immigrant element and the refusal to enforce a voter ID, and the country will turn into Venezuela within the next 50 years anyway.

Again - Idiocracy. It's happening now. We've got Trump versus Clinton or Sanders...that's how idiotic it has gotten so far. If it comes down to Trump and Sanders, we are full blown into it with an electorate that simply has no room for intelligent discussion of any kind.

FaninAma
10/30/2015, 01:34 PM
It doesn't matter what Republicans do, the stupid (people who vote for Democrats) multiply faster than they do. Combine that with the immigrant element and the refusal to enforce a voter ID, and the country will turn into Venezuela within the next 50 years anyway.

Again - Idiocracy. It's happening now. We've got Trump versus Clinton or Sanders...that's how idiotic it has gotten so far. If it comes down to Trump and Sanders, we are full blown into it with an electorate that simply has no room for intelligent discussion of any kind.

The voters get the kind of government and country they deserve. The problem is that under our present system of government we all sink or swim together. No longer can one state that has a more involved, educated and responsible electorate be successful on its own.