PDA

View Full Version : I guess Tom missed us

jiminy
10/21/2015, 07:12 PM
OU-Nebraska to play home and home (http://newsok.com/article/3726128)

REDREX
10/21/2015, 07:41 PM
50 years after the 1971 game---I feel old

BoulderSooner79
10/21/2015, 07:49 PM
50 years after the 1971 game---I feel old

There's a reason for that...

:P

Judge Smails
10/21/2015, 08:03 PM
Good. That last game in Lincoln left me feeling very unsatisfied even though Arlington helped make up for it later.

Time to go back and take care of business in Lincoln.

rock on sooner
10/21/2015, 08:22 PM
Why did I think that had already been scheduled? Hmmm, senior moment?!
I'm still firmly convinced there were three clipping blocks on Rodgers' punt
return. (For you young'uns, block in the back).

Soonerjeepman
10/21/2015, 08:57 PM

yes there were..

KantoSooner
10/21/2015, 09:24 PM
Is it wrong that I am already wanting to beat those bastards 100-0?

jiminy
10/21/2015, 09:53 PM
I was 7 in 1971... not interested in football yet, I was playing outside while the adults were watching. I heard a commotion from inside the house; lots of loud angry language decorated with a word I had never heard before. Yep, the Rodgers punt return was the first time my tender ears ever heard the f-word. It was many years later that I found out what it meant. I was a sheltered child...

Salt City Sooner
10/21/2015, 11:14 PM
Couldn't be because it's a 3 year old article, could it?

Nah.....;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/22/2015, 12:10 AM
I was 7 in 1971... not interested in football yet, I was playing outside while the adults were watching. I heard a commotion from inside the house; lots of loud angry language decorated with a word I had never heard before. Yep, the Rodgers punt return was the first time my tender ears ever heard the f-word. It was many years later that I found out what it meant. I was a sheltered child...There were other bad calls against us in the game. That game was the first time I remember noting that we were being screwed by the refs at home in Norman.

SoonerinLA
10/22/2015, 01:03 AM
ath

This series was announced about a year ago but there were some details to be worked out. rock on you are correct. We knew this has been in the works for some time. I am old enough to remember many of those great games against the Huskers and how great that rivalry was. I know I am in the minority, but when Nebraska left the B12, I said don't let the door hit you where the sun don't shine. I would not schedule a series with any team that deserted our conference.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/22/2015, 09:25 AM
ath

This series was announced about a year ago but there were some details to be worked out. rock on you are correct. We knew this has been in the works for some time. I am old enough to remember many of those great games against the Huskers and how great that rivalry was. I know I am in the minority, but when Nebraska left the B12, I said don't let the door hit you where the sun don't shine. I would not schedule a series with any team that deserted our conference.

What he said...And that rivalry died years ago before they left the conference, so whatever..

tycat947
10/22/2015, 09:54 AM
Couldn't be because it's a 3 year old article, could it?

Nah.....;)

Exactly!

BermudaSooner
10/22/2015, 01:00 PM
Why they didn't keep an annual game between Nebbish and OU with the formation of the B12, I will never understand.

jiminy
10/22/2015, 06:05 PM
Oops, that popped up in a feed I read for some reason. I wondered why nobody else had jumped on it...

badger
10/23/2015, 12:21 PM
Future DirecTV ad:

I'm Big 8 Nebraska and I have national titles.

And I'm Big Ten Nebraska and I suck.

Only Big 8 Nebraska gives you Dr. Tom as your head coach and rival of Barry Switzer

I can't stop firing head coaches because these Big Ten meanies won't let me win the conference.

I believe the Heismans and national titles will never end.

I can't believe we're celebrating a trophy made by a fake twitter account.

Mazeppa
11/5/2015, 11:56 PM
I thought we were through with them, they left the conference we moved on, we need to schedule teams that will help our strength of schedule, not some used to be rivals that are not relevant in d1 football,

badger
11/6/2015, 10:50 AM
I'm ok with this. Nebraska wanted away from Texas, not us. The Big 12 destroyed one of the greatest annual games by making it divisional and not yearly (unless big 12 championship game).