PDA

View Full Version : Eric Striker talks FDR instead of Tech to media :)

badger
10/21/2015, 01:26 PM
Never stop being you, Eric.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ousportsextra/video-eric-striker-quizzes-media-about-fdr-and-what-similarity/article_f3249931-f612-5725-808d-26d6ec2cea61.html)

Do you pattern yourself after FDR?

Yeah, you know, I can look at his leadership and take from it. I might get the car that he rolled in. I love FDR. I really do. I really do.

Jack T.
10/22/2015, 10:48 AM
*scratches head* Apparently his paper didn't look at the long-term consequences of the FDR presidency.

KantoSooner
10/22/2015, 11:31 AM
Meh. Given what he had to deal with, The Depression + WW2, he wasn't the Debbil. You have to remember that along with the faith that 'modern' science would solve everything also came a naive faith in the ability of 'experts' to manage things. At the national level this manifests in a nutty belief in Keynesian economics. Lower down in a commitment to scientific business management.
Lots of fdr's policies would today be mainstream Republican positions.

Turd_Ferguson
10/22/2015, 12:56 PM
Meh. Given what he had to deal with, The Depression + WW2, he wasn't the Debbil. You have to remember that along with the faith that 'modern' science would solve everything also came a naive faith in the ability of 'experts' to manage things. At the national level this manifests in a nutty belief in Keynesian economics. Lower down in a commitment to scientific business management.
Lots of fdr's policies would today be RINO positions.Fixed.

KantoSooner
10/22/2015, 01:41 PM
Ah. The old substitution of label for logic. Woo hop, I been told.