PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating Fatherhood

Soonerjeepman
10/21/2015, 12:22 PM
Okay,

a black friend posted a thing on FB, it had a bunch of black men (seemingly professional) all lined up giving high fives to black kids coming to school...

I just have to vent...

THIS is what is wrong. When you have to post some crap video about what dads SHOULD do normally. They want to celebrate about being a community, be a dad, blah blah blah. IT'S YOUR JOB!

I'm divorced...but the one thing I did was stay involved everyday with my kids (and still do and had my fiance's son (10 yrs old) ask if he could call be dad when we get married- his dad is a loser). True they were older HS and up. I communicated everyday.

Sick of the BS about promoting fatherhood in the black community....guess what? where I'm at it doesn't mean jack.

Okay...I'm done... BOOMER~

*political tie-in - obama has totally failed at this opportunity

SoonerProphet
10/21/2015, 01:06 PM
I'm divorced.

Yet you get to cast stones in your glass house, nice.

REDREX
10/21/2015, 02:04 PM
One of my friends is black----He was probably one of the best parents I have ever known-----He had many more challenges that most white parents have, many of which I had never even thought about

FaninAma
10/21/2015, 02:08 PM
One of my friends is black----He was probably one of the best parents I have ever known-----He had many more challenges that most white parents have, many of which I had never even thought about

Such as?

SoonerProphet
10/21/2015, 02:14 PM
Such as?

Dipsh1ts commenting on your efforts to get your kids not to listen to those who might call you Uncle Tom for paying attention in class.

Soonerjeepman
10/21/2015, 02:35 PM
Yet you get to cast stones in your glass house, nice.

guess you didn't notice I said NOTHING about being divorced? I raised my kids, you have no idea about what I did or didn't do. Thanks for playing though.

Soonerjeepman
10/21/2015, 02:38 PM
Dipsh1ts commenting on your efforts to get your kids not to listen to those who might call you Uncle Tom for paying attention in class.

There ya go...good lib response. Blame others. You seriously think a true parent would give a rat's a$$ about what someone else said about them PARENTING their kids? wow.

On top of that you are way out of the loop..."uncle tom" lol, kids don't say that anymore...actually never heard it in 25 years.

Serenity Now
10/21/2015, 02:48 PM
guess you didn't notice I said NOTHING about being divorced? I raised my kids, you have no idea about what I did or didn't do. Thanks for playing though.

I bet you're a peach at parties.

REDREX
10/21/2015, 02:55 PM
Such as?---As an example---other kids tried to get his son in a gang-------There are places that he and his son could not go and feel comfortable , they liked to fish I was telling him about this place in East Texas , he was not comfortable to go there.

FaninAma
10/21/2015, 03:04 PM

If I were in that situation my first priority would be moving to an area with a school system in which institutionalized underachievement wasn't prevalent.

SoonerProphet
10/21/2015, 03:12 PM
There ya go...good lib response. Blame others. You seriously think a true parent would give a rat's a$$ about what someone else said about them PARENTING their kids? wow.

On top of that you are way out of the loop..."uncle tom" lol, kids don't say that anymore...actually never heard it in 25 years.

Yet here you are blaming a bunch of dudes trying to motivate their children to be solid students for the failings of your own community. Who is the liberal again. For someone in the business of educating young people I'd think you'd get behind any parental support, especially from the black community. If it fits the narrative roll with it I guess.

Soonerjeepman
10/21/2015, 04:17 PM
I bet you're a peach at parties.

Actually I am...thanks

Soonerjeepman
10/21/2015, 04:20 PM
Yet here you are blaming a bunch of dudes trying to motivate their children to be solid students for the failings of your own community. Who is the liberal again. For someone in the business of educating young people I'd think you'd get behind any parental support, especially from the black community. If it fits the narrative roll with it I guess.

Lol...yea posting videos on fb...really supportive. Im IN the community.. Making and posting feel good videos means nothing. I SEE the lack of involvement every day. Thanks again for playing.

Standing in a line clapping ....nice

actually add 1 more...REAL evidence. Sitting here for PT conf...guess how many "FATHERS" showed? I'll keep track for ya tomorrow as well....

Serenity Now
10/21/2015, 06:03 PM
That doesn't fit the preconceived narrative.

Soonerjeepman
10/21/2015, 08:54 PM
lol, you guys are jackwagons...I've spent every year for 25 trying to improve the impoverished life of students. I know a lot more about what's going on than you two.

There is no "preconceived narrative"...it's the reality I see and have seen for 25 years. It's all show...black lives matter, black fathers matter...blah blah blah. Instead of making videos let's see the real work. I have yet to...how many blacks killed blacks this weekend in Chicago...or anywhere else?

Soonerjeepman
10/21/2015, 08:56 PM

no chit...but guess what it isn't happening...all talk.

Tear Down This Wall
10/30/2015, 12:57 PM
Any pictures of Asians high-fiving their kids? Indians? Pakistanis? Russians?

All of these immigrant groups doing well - better than whites - without waiting for politicians to hand something to them. Amazing what happens when you have stable home lives where the parents demand academic accountability form their children.

Ton Loc
10/30/2015, 03:00 PM
no chit...but guess what it isn't happening...all talk.

Wait, you're a teacher? Holy ****, I hope not at my kids school. Your spelling and grammar are sub-par. Your sentences are almost always incomplete. You have no ability to learn as you immediately put down any opinion or fact that doesn't meet your narrative. I guess 25 years of teaching can do that to a man. I can only hope you are retiring soon or someone of power finds your posts on here and asks you to retire early.

Soonerjeepman
10/30/2015, 03:11 PM
lol...whatever

Turd_Ferguson
10/30/2015, 04:10 PM
---As an example---other kids tried to get his son in a gang-------There are places that he and his son could not go and feel comfortable , they liked to fish I was telling him about this place in East Texas , he was not comfortable to go there.

Hmmm, that's odd since east saxet is heavily populated with blacks.

Since71ASooner4Life
10/31/2015, 04:04 PM
Okay,

a black friend posted a thing on FB, it had a bunch of black men (seemingly professional) all lined up giving high fives to black kids coming to school...

I just have to vent...

THIS is what is wrong. When you have to post some crap video about what dads SHOULD do normally. They want to celebrate about being a community, be a dad, blah blah blah. IT'S YOUR JOB!

I'm divorced...but the one thing I did was stay involved everyday with my kids (and still do and had my fiance's son (10 yrs old) ask if he could call be dad when we get married- his dad is a loser). True they were older HS and up. I communicated everyday.

Sick of the BS about promoting fatherhood in the black community....guess what? where I'm at it doesn't mean jack.

Okay...I'm done... BOOMER~

*political tie-in - obama has totally failed at this opportunity

Actually I see this as a good thing. It's a crying shame that black kids dont see nearly enough good examples to aspire to emulate. They see A-holes like Kanye West. I had high hopes 7 years ago when the country proved that the deck wasn't stacked against blacks and they could be voted president, but the racial instigator has proven to be a cancer that has done everything possible to convince young blacks that they cant be successful.

Soonerjeepman
11/1/2015, 08:12 AM
Actually I see this as a good thing. It's a crying shame that black kids dont see nearly enough good examples to aspire to emulate. They see A-holes like Kanye West. I had high hopes 7 years ago when the country proved that the deck wasn't stacked against blacks and they could be voted president, but the racial instigator has proven to be a cancer that has done everything possible to convince young blacks that they cant be successful.

I agree, my OP was more about the examples need to be everyday....like their dad's, not a group of strangers standing in front of school. It is what it is...for the record I'd say about 10% of parent conferences included the dad. Not because he was working, he just isn't in their lives on a reg basis.

Since71ASooner4Life
11/1/2015, 08:57 AM
I agree, my OP was more about the examples need to be everyday....like their dad's, not a group of strangers standing in front of school. It is what it is...for the record I'd say about 10% of parent conferences included the dad. Not because he was working, he just isn't in their lives on a reg basis.

Sadly the statics don't lie. The root of the problem for blacks is the broken family structure - period. Illegitimacy rate over 70% is a self imposed disaster. Sadly, the community organizer wont go near that fact. If he really wanted to help his race he would confront the issue head on, but he prefers to do the opposite such as his demonizing of police.

I really believe the only hope for blacks would be the emergence of a powerful religious leader who can appeal to their hearts and compel them to look in the mirror and stop abandoning the children they create.

Soonerjeepman
11/2/2015, 01:12 PM
Sadly the statics don't lie. The root of the problem for blacks is the broken family structure - period. Illegitimacy rate over 70% is a self imposed disaster. Sadly, the community organizer wont go near that fact. If he really wanted to help his race he would confront the issue head on, but he prefers to do the opposite such as his demonizing of police.

I really believe the only hope for blacks would be the emergence of a powerful religious leader who can appeal to their hearts and compel them to look in the mirror and stop abandoning the children they create.

yup..but I can tell ya where I'm at...blacks = religious group is a misnomer. Most of my kids don't go to any kind of church.