olevetonahill
10/18/2015, 02:29 PM
What channel?

olevetonahill
10/18/2015, 02:35 PM
Found it, He looking good

cvsooner
10/18/2015, 03:04 PM
Looking great. Two TD passes and three FG drives. Good for him.

Three OU QBs playing this weekend: Bradford, Jones and Blake Bell.

SoonerorLater
10/18/2015, 03:13 PM
LJ picks up a save in relief.

olevetonahill
10/18/2015, 03:32 PM
Looking great. Two TD passes and three FG drives. Good for him.

Three OU QBs playing this weekend: Bradford, Jones and Blake Bell.

Wheres Blake playing?

cvsooner
10/18/2015, 03:47 PM
San Francisco. As a tight end of course but still.

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2015, 03:50 PM
Good for LJ - he was actually the spark. I didn't realize that was actually his first NFL action - I guess I've seen him in preseason so much I just assumed he had played some.

Never thought I'd find myself pulling for the Steelers :sentimental:

SoonerMarkVA
10/18/2015, 04:05 PM
Wow, sorry I missed it! Landry has an opportunity now to really shine. If nothing else, he may showcase himself for a good contract on another team.

How long until Big Ben is back?

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2015, 04:22 PM
They said Ben could be back for the next game. My guess is that LJ will at least move up to #2 and be active for a while.

Soonerjeepman
10/18/2015, 06:41 PM
I remember last week the annoucers were mentioning landry migt b a better choice than vick just cause he has been in the system more.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/18/2015, 06:48 PM
LJ did awesome!

TUSooner
10/18/2015, 08:22 PM
After all the flak he used to get from idgits (like me) It's awesome to see him get the win in relief!
WELL DONE!

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2015, 09:23 PM
A couple of those completions he made might have been picked at OU. Amazing what a difference an NFL receiver who attacks the ball can make. One was a great back shoulder that had me asking - where was that when you were here? ;)

olevetonahill
10/18/2015, 09:34 PM
After all the flak he used to get from idgits (like me) It's awesome to see him get the win in relief!
WELL DONE!
Dont be so hard on yer self Kev!
I love it when a Former Sooner looks good

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/18/2015, 09:40 PM
A couple of those completions he made might have been picked at OU. Amazing what a difference an NFL receiver who attacks the ball can make. One was a great back shoulder that had me asking - where was that when you were here? ;)

No kidding. I was like where did that crap come from? I can't tell if its antonio brown working with him or if he had it in him and josh just stopped coaching him.

olevetonahill
10/18/2015, 10:06 PM
No kidding. I was like where did that crap come from? I can't tell if its antonio brown working with him or if he had it in him and josh just stopped coaching him.

Josh was a Great QB coach! Wasn't he moved to OC about that time?
He should have stayed at QB coach .

SoonerMarkVA
10/18/2015, 10:20 PM
Josh was a Great QB coach! Wasn't he moved to OC about that time?
He should have stayed at QB coach .

Or at least he should have stayed on the field. By far, our best QB play (including him personally) under Stoops has always happened when Heupel was on the field. When he came back as a GA, and then as QB coach, our QBs were in the stratosphere.

That said, it's looking like Riley is going to get a pretty special year out of Mayfield. Of course, Riley's on the field as well :)

OUmillenium
10/18/2015, 10:46 PM
Great news! I turned channel right before he went in i guess. I was at times very critical of lj but am really excited for his nfl success so far!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/18/2015, 11:44 PM
Good for LJ - he was actually the spark. I didn't realize that was actually his first NFL action - I guess I've seen him in preseason so much I just assumed he had played some.

Never thought I'd find myself pulling for the Steelers :sentimental:xacto

swardboy
10/19/2015, 07:17 AM
''He played very well for a young guy to come in in that situation,'' Arizona coach Bruce Arians said. ''He won the football game.''

''Landry was like Ben's little brother out there,'' Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell said. ''He was out there making checks and everything and it brought us back like 'Dang, Landry really got this. ''After we scored the first touchdown, it was like a confidence booster.''

winout
10/19/2015, 10:35 AM
WELL DONE!

It was your criticism that drove him to be the NFL star that he is today! You know, iron striking iron type of thing.

badger
10/19/2015, 12:22 PM
Week 6 OU in NFL photos, Landry included, here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/photovideo/slideshows/photo-gallery-osu-ou-tu-local-high-school-players-in/collection_dc3396f2-51f3-518c-bcaa-54f4262501cc.html)

Even though normanpride had Mike Vick as his fantasy starter (his real one is injured and other is on bye; it was a last resort) we were both fuming at the first half of the game that they left Vick out there so long without giving LJ a chance.

Why did it take Tomlin till Vick was hobbling with "dirt in his eye" or some BS excuse to get Landry in the game?

It worked out for the best. I guess. Landry got to lead the Steelers to a comeback from behind second half victory and his stat line is pretty good for only one half of play.

I also loved that Landry made his primary target Bryant instead of Brown. It made for good TV to see Antonio's reaction :D

cvsooner
10/19/2015, 12:56 PM
I read Landry had the second best QB rating in his debut than anyone in NFL history. Impressive.

badger
10/19/2015, 03:33 PM
Can anyone fathom why they went with Vick for so long?

- Bad Landry in practice
- Meerkatting
- Worries about other teams signing him when he becomes free agent (after 2016 season)
- That blank sideline stare and lack of emotion we grew accustomed to at OU
- No Belldozer to turn to in the redzone

The Arizona Cardinals rank #9 in passing defense, #6 total defense, #16 rushing defense. Those stats he got yesterday were not achieved against total mediocrity (aka Jacksonville Jaguars). What in the hell am I missing, Mike Tomlin.

cvsooner
10/19/2015, 04:37 PM
Can anyone fathom why they went with Vick for so long?

- Bad Landry in practice
- Meerkatting
- Worries about other teams signing him when he becomes free agent (after 2016 season)
- That blank sideline stare and lack of emotion we grew accustomed to at OU
- No Belldozer to turn to in the redzone

The Arizona Cardinals rank #9 in passing defense, #6 total defense, #16 rushing defense. Those stats he got yesterday were not achieved against total mediocrity (aka Jacksonville Jaguars). What in the hell am I missing, Mike Tomlin.

Tomlin talked nicely about Landry all three years. Clearly they saw *something* or he wouldn't still be there. No lack of emotion I saw after either TD pass, especially the second one. Oh, and by the way, he was absolutely drilled after the second TD, which admittedly had a lot more to do with the running of the receiver, but still...hit him hard enough to get flagged for roughing. Good on him.

The funny part to me is he was the same ol' Landry...playing fairly well and then he hits a wide open Antonio Brown in the feet with a poorly thrown ball. Brown was all 'WTF?!' in his reaction.

Funny part was after three throws, he was 1 complete, 1 incomplete, 1 TD, and 1 interception, which officially was on a conversion and so the interception didn't count. Crazy stat.

BoulderSooner79
10/19/2015, 05:09 PM
Actually, the INT does count (or should). 2 pt tries can be run back for 2 now. At least, that's what the announcer said.

EDIT: I just looked it up and it is a new rule this year along with the longer PAT kick. A block kick can also be returned for 2. So if an INT on a conversion try does not count in the stats, it is a loop hole :)

winout
10/19/2015, 05:16 PM
Not sure why Steelers had Vick as a backup. Complete different style from Big Ben, left handed as well. You would think if they didn't want Landry #2 then they would have at least gone with another big proto-type qb.

King Crimson
10/19/2015, 05:30 PM
Not sure why Steelers had Vick as a backup. Complete different style from Big Ben, left handed as well. You would think if they didn't want Landry #2 then they would have at least gone with another big proto-type qb.

been thinking the same thing. i don't follow the NFL much and i was as confused as anyone else about the career of Landry Jones at Oklahoma....basically he was a great college QB, won the conference, a BCS bowl, beat ranked teams on the road, but he had some moments that lack explanation or met OU standards i guess.

he had a lot of crazy drops from WR's on big plays i recall as well. 3rd and long and he hits our guy right in the hands....

godspeed landry.

cvsooner
10/19/2015, 05:50 PM
You could almost count on Landry that every 57 plays, he would have a WTF moment. The other 56 plays were pedestrian or brilliant.

badger
10/20/2015, 11:14 AM
It was like the mustache. The one week out of the year he chose to have a weird facial feature is the week he has to run in for our injured Heisman quarterback, and now he can't get rid of it :D