PDA

View Full Version : Fuentes, McGee, and Moore.

jkjsooner
10/18/2015, 01:07 PM
Changed to be less negative... I will just say, of the three of them I am not surprised that the two of them have had a lot of success in the game after their playing days were over.

SoonerMarkVA
10/18/2015, 04:10 PM
I hope we take a long, hard look at Justin Fuente when Bob Stoops' reign is done. He is kicking butt.

SoonerinLA
10/18/2015, 05:18 PM
Changed to be less negative... I will just say, of the three of them I am not surprised that the two of them have had a lot of success in the game after their playing days were over.

Justin Fuente and Garrick McGee I know about. What is Moore's first name?

SoonerMarkVA
10/18/2015, 06:48 PM
I assume he's talking about Eric Moore.

King Crimson
10/18/2015, 08:31 PM
I hope we take a long, hard look at Justin Fuentes when Bob Stoops' reign is done. He is kicking butt.

i hope we hire the best coach available and don't give a f*** about someone with Sooner ties. that said, i wish only the best for Justin Fuente.

SoonerMarkVA
10/18/2015, 10:16 PM
Sooner ties are incidental. Fuente is one of the hottest young coaches out there.

SoonerinLA
10/18/2015, 10:40 PM
I assume he's talking about Eric Moore.

I thought it was Eric Moore but I didn't think he was in the coaching profession. Denver Johnson has coached a few college teams as well.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/19/2015, 08:11 AM
Eric Moore has done really well for himself outside of football.

SoonerinLA
10/19/2015, 10:38 PM
What does Eric do? I thought he got a raw deal at OU. Glad to hear he is doing well.

jkjsooner
10/20/2015, 07:38 PM
What does Eric do? I thought he got a raw deal at OU. Glad to hear he is doing well.

I remember he was going into ministry work when he left college. But I have no idea what he is doing.

I don't see how Moore got a raw deal. He was a below average QB who made poor decisions but somehow found himself as both Schnelly and Blake's golden boy. Meanwhile, Fuente had a lot of natural talent and clearly a great football mind but was run out of town by Blake.

Despite the myriad of problems during the Blake years, had he stuck with Fuente at QB they could have easily have won a couple of more games a year - meaning probably at least break even seasons the last couple of years.

And, ugh, just noticed I spelled Fuente with an "s" in the thread title.

Salt City Sooner
10/20/2015, 11:27 PM
I remember he was going into ministry work when he left college. But I have no idea what he is doing.

I don't see how Moore got a raw deal. He was a below average QB who made poor decisions but somehow found himself as both Schnelly and Blake's golden boy. Meanwhile, Fuente had a lot of natural talent and clearly a great football mind but was run out of town by Blake.

Despite the myriad of problems during the Blake years, had he stuck with Fuente at QB they could have easily have won a couple of more games a year - meaning probably at least break even seasons the last couple of years.

And, ugh, just noticed I spelled Fuente with an "s" in the thread title.
Don't know if it's still the case, but I'm 99% sure I read a few years ago that he was working with Kirk Franklin.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2015, 09:48 AM

He is pastoring a church, singing gospel, and has been on BET doing some of his music..

SoonerinLA
10/22/2015, 12:56 AM

We had no offensive philosophy for more than a few games under Blake. Plays weren't called on time. He played multiple QBs in some games. Remember those twister cards Blake used? It was hard to thrive under Blake as a QB. Eric may not have been a great QB but he certainly wasn't coached up.

Widescreen
10/22/2015, 01:30 AM
I remember when Moore ran out of bounds at the 3 yard line at the end of a game when it was 4th and goal. Ugh.

jkjsooner
10/24/2015, 12:03 PM
I remember when Moore ran out of bounds at the 3 yard line at the end of a game when it was 4th and goal. Ugh.

Yep, that is the first thing I think of when thinking about Moore. It was a complete lack of situational awareness and/or cowardice. at the minimum he should have thrown the ball up for grabs.

I admit I didn't get to see the majority of games back then as I lived out of the state an we weren't on that often. When I did see them Moore certainly didn't seem to have a football mind. Demond Parker was the only reason to watch those teams.