PDA

View Full Version : Just how bad will this season be?

stoopified
10/12/2015, 04:16 PM
As I said in another thread ,While I never thought I would ever say this,it is time for a change.As for how I tbad I think this season will be? Losses to Baylor and TCU are almost a mortal lock.Losses to K-State and osu are likely and a loss to Tech is possible. I do think we will beat KU and ISU. Bottom line I think 8-4 best case scenario.

I think it is fair to say I am not so stoopified. I truly hope Bob and co. turn things AROUND BUT I HAVE LOST FAITH.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/12/2015, 05:02 PM
It really depends on the turnover margin. So far we are:

Akron -1
Tennessee -1
Tulsa -2
WV +3
Texas -1

At +0 we can beat every team but TCU and BU. We are going to need +2 against TCU and probably +4 against Baylor.

Curly Bill
10/12/2015, 05:19 PM
As I said in another thread ,While I never thought I would ever say this,it is time for a change.As for how I tbad I think this season will be? Losses to Baylor and TCU are almost a mortal lock.Losses to K-State and osu are likely and a loss to Tech is possible. I do think we will beat KU and ISU. Bottom line I think 8-4 best case scenario.

I think it is fair to say I am not so stoopified. I truly hope Bob and co. turn things AROUND BUT I HAVE LOST FAITH.

I agree with you - 4 or 5 losses.

cvsooner
10/12/2015, 05:32 PM

Akron -1
Tennessee -1
Tulsa -2
WV +3
Texas -1

At +0 we can beat every team but TCU and BU. We are going to need +2 against TCU and probably +4 against Baylor.

Yep. Still think Sanchez got robbed of an interception.

Snrinhouston
10/12/2015, 06:08 PM
I agree with you - 4 or 5 losses.

Hopefully 6. I don't think Stoops would survive a 6-6 record.

This is like having to punish a child for its long term benefit. We fans will need to suffer this season in order to get needed change. If Stoops isn't fired with a 6-6 record, then it's time to stop blaming Stoops and start blaming Joe C. and Boren.

SoonerorLater
10/12/2015, 06:11 PM

This is like having to punish a child for its long term benefit. We fans will need to suffer this season in order to get needed change. If Stoops isn't fired with a 6-6 record, then it's time to stop blaming Stoops and start blaming Joe C. and Boren.

{sigh...}

Snrinhouston
10/12/2015, 06:18 PM
p
{sigh...}

SoonerorLater,

That is the most cogent thing you've said all day. It's much better than your standard procedure of presenting "facts" completely out of context. Like we'd really fall for that Bear Bryant slight-of-hand you attempted earlier.

cvsooner
10/12/2015, 06:29 PM

Ultimately that's the call, really. As long as Castiglione and Boren are okay with it, Bob Stoops is the coach. So the heat will really have to be turned up on them to get him ousted. I fully expect Mike Stoops to resign at the end of this season to give Bob a graceful--more or less--out to replace him, and then he probably gets another year, since he's already made wholesale changes on the offensive side. Then we'll see. Gonna be interesting...historically Stoops' teams have performed best when they're being viewed negatively, and I'd say that's the case at the moment.

SoonerorLater
10/12/2015, 06:57 PM
p

SoonerorLater,

That is the most cogent thing you've said all day. It's much better than your standard procedure of presenting "facts" completely out of context. Like we'd really fall for that Bear Bryant slight-of-hand you attempted earlier.

You're hypercritical to a fault but actually rooting for failure? Here's a resume and you won't have to guess who it is.

1999 Oklahoma 7-5
2000 Oklahoma 13–0
2001 Oklahoma 11–2
2002 Oklahoma 12–2
2003 Oklahoma 12–2
2004 Oklahoma 12–1
2005 Oklahoma 8–4
2006 Oklahoma 11–3
2007 Oklahoma 11–3
2008 Oklahoma 12–2
2009 Oklahoma 8–5
2010 Oklahoma 12–2
2011 Oklahoma 10–3
2012 Oklahoma 10–3
2013 Oklahoma 11–2
2014 Oklahoma 8–5
2015 Oklahoma 4–1

You will not see many prettier W-L coaching resumes than this especially for Power 5 coaches. 1 in 100 couldn't do it. How many coaches have come and gone in the 16+ years Stoops has been coaching? He's never had a bad stretch and it's good even over the last 5 years and somehow you think Joe C is going to pull some magic out of his backside and find the next budding Knute Rocke? The odds of filling an inside straight are better (literally)

cvsooner
10/12/2015, 07:28 PM
But don't you realize we're Oklahoma? We should never lose a game. Ever. Never. No matter who the opponent is or what the circumstances are.

Snrinhouston
10/12/2015, 07:38 PM
You're hypercritical to a fault but actually rooting for failure? Here's a resume and you won't have to guess who it is.

1999 Oklahoma 7-5
2000 Oklahoma 13–0
2001 Oklahoma 11–2
2002 Oklahoma 12–2
2003 Oklahoma 12–2
2004 Oklahoma 12–1
2005 Oklahoma 8–4
2006 Oklahoma 11–3
2007 Oklahoma 11–3
2008 Oklahoma 12–2
2009 Oklahoma 8–5
2010 Oklahoma 12–2
2011 Oklahoma 10–3
2012 Oklahoma 10–3
2013 Oklahoma 11–2
2014 Oklahoma 8–5
2015 Oklahoma 4–1

You will not see many prettier W-L coaching resumes than this especially for Power 5 coaches. 1 in 100 couldn't do it. How many coaches have come and gone in the 16+ years Stoops has been coaching? He's never had a bad stretch and it's good even over the last 5 years and somehow you think Joe C is going to pull some magic out of his backside and find the next budding Knute Rocke? The odds of filling an inside straight are better (literally)

You don't get it. But I'll try one more time. The football coach at the University of Oklahoma is expected to contend for National Championships. Bob hasn't done that since 2008. For the 7th straight year, his team is out of contention before November 1 rolls around.

People are FINALLY coming to the conclusion that Bob has shown NO evidence that he'll ever regularly contend (notice, I didn't say win) for National Championships. Given that, he is no longer fit to coach OU.

His current ability is fine for Oregon State, Iowa, NC State, Pitt, etc...

Does it really make sense to broadcast a glitzy campaign about "Only One Oklahoma" and back it up with what Bob's putting on the field? Is that really an example of a product that lives up to the hype?

Soonerjeepman
10/12/2015, 07:55 PM
Yes, great w/l record...no doubt.

I drank the koolaide....no way OU was a top 10 team this year...we'll see how it goes. As a lot of folks have said...1 loss doesn't mean we suck...just like 1 win doesn't deserve to b relied on for more than it was....1 win. Guess what? Stoops AGAIN brought up the Bama win...HE brought it up.

He doesn't care what fans think....thinks the horn game is just another game...

REDREX
10/12/2015, 08:56 PM
Get beat by KSU and it could get real bad

sendbaht
10/12/2015, 09:24 PM
OU will be fine....I can see them winning the rest of their games.....I really can...but I am always Polly Anna in life....makes it nice to alive.:))

SoonerorLater
10/12/2015, 10:11 PM
You don't get it. But I'll try one more time. The football coach at the University of Oklahoma is expected to contend for National Championships.

People can expect whatever they want. It doesn't mean squat. Of course OU wants to be in the championship hunt. They and the the fans of 127 other Div I schools. Playing for championships in at best a long shot and if you are thinking this is something that is going to happen on a regular basis then you are delusional. If that is part of the criteria that you expect of a coach then you are misguided.

You try to maintain a good program and hope you can hit on a couple of recruiting classes every decade or so. It's a matter of biding time until it falls in place. Until then just sit back and enjoy the games for what they are. Entertainment. There doesn't always have to be some prize or pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

ouwasp
10/12/2015, 10:18 PM
I really would like to know what The Powers That Be down in Norman are thinking. Surely these inexplicable losses are maddening to them as well. But they have been so comfortable with the status quo for so long. Who knows what the season record will be at this point. It's possible it could become the 10-2, 9-3 sort of record most of us were expecting. But with the OL so weak, who knows?

To me, a season is bad if OU doesn't at least compete strongly for a conference championship. It's been years since OU has won one outright. How disappointing.

BoulderSooner79
10/12/2015, 10:32 PM
OU will be fine....I can see them winning the rest of their games.....I really can...but I am always Polly Anna in life....makes it nice to alive.:))

I agree - you could see them winning out. Just try real hard not to wakeup.

Snrinhouston
10/12/2015, 10:34 PM
People can expect whatever they want. It doesn't mean squat. Of course OU wants to be in the championship hunt. They and the the fans of 127 other Div I schools. Playing for championships in at best a long shot and if you are thinking this is something that is going to happen on a regular basis then you are delusional. If that is part of the criteria that you expect of a coach then you are misguided.

You try to maintain a good program and hope you can hit on a couple of recruiting classes every decade or so. It's a matter of biding time until it falls in place. Until then just sit back and enjoy the games for what they are. Entertainment. There doesn't always have to be some prize or pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Saban does it. Urban Meyer does it. Hell, Les Miles does it.

Curly Bill
10/13/2015, 07:31 AM

And Bob used to do it, so it's not like it's impossible.

But nothing like lowering your standards.

SoonerorLater
10/13/2015, 08:15 AM

Stoops has a better win % than those guys ex-UM. Head to head Stoops beat Sabans' Bama team and Les Miles record looks remarkably similar to Stoops over the past few years and even worse prior to that. Miles was 8-5 last year. Secondly all of those guys are currently employed so what is you point?

rock on sooner
10/13/2015, 08:17 AM
I agree - you could see them winning out. Just try real hard not to wakeup.

Ha, this is pretty funny but, TECHNICALLY, winning out would almost certainly
put OU in the playoffs. REALISTICALLY, BU and TCU both make that unlikely.
If there is another hiccup at KSU then a 5 loss season is real. Having said all
that, I'm all in for the Sooners, just like I have been for the last 63 years!!!
Boomer!!

cherokeebrewer
10/13/2015, 08:20 AM
I don't want Bob Stoops to leave, I just want him to get his mojo back. We have to recruit better, it's the lifeblood of the program...

Snrinhouston
10/13/2015, 08:22 AM
Stoops has a better win % than those guys ex-UM. Head to head Stoops beat Sabans' Bama team and Les Miles record looks remarkably similar to Stoops over the past few years and even worse prior to that. Miles was 8-5 last year. Secondly all of those guys are currently employed so what is you point?

My point was a response to a post that said it's delusional to think that a team can compete for a national championship on a regular basis. I am pointing out three coaches that regularly compete (notice I did not say win) for National Championships. And let me further define "compete", as still being in contention as of November 1. For seven straight years, Bob can't even get to November with the Sooners being in the hunt.

Snrinhouston
10/13/2015, 08:26 AM
I don't want Bob Stoops to leave, I just want him to get his mojo back. We have to recruit better, it's the lifeblood of the program...

Yeah, and I just want to get regularly invited to the parties at the Playboy Mansion. Hell, we all want things. The very narrow question (the only question) is how likely is it that Bob gets his mojo back? What evidence have we seen over the past 7 years that indicates this will happen?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/13/2015, 08:33 AM
I had OU losing 3-4 games this year so I am not too disappointed really..

cherokeebrewer
10/13/2015, 08:53 AM
Yeah, and I just want to get regularly invited to the parties at the Playboy Mansion. Hell, we all want things. The very narrow question (the only question) is how likely is it that Bob gets his mojo back? What evidence have we seen over the past 7 years that indicates this will happen?

I'll let the haters answer that question, I'm too kind and gentle but I do predict 8-5 again for this year and that's certainly not acceptable...

SoonerorLater
10/13/2015, 09:29 AM
My point was a response to a post that said it's delusional to think that a team can compete for a national championship on a regular basis. I am pointing out three coaches that regularly compete (notice I did not say win) for National Championships. And let me further define "compete", as still being in contention as of November 1. For seven straight years, Bob can't even get to November with the Sooners being in the hunt.

So now we have a magical Nov 1 date that defines acceptably competing for a NC? Is this something that Moses brought down off the mountain?

All the complaints and whining I see here are just that. This is the natural ebb and flow of major college football. Ask Nebraska, Penn State, USC, Tennessee, Michigan how easy replacing long-time winning coaches is. Even Florida and Texas with all of their built in advantages have had bad times recently. Now there are people (you) who think we should fire the all-time winning-est coach in OU history because he isn't living up to some arbitrary standard you think needs to be met? The things OU has going for it are a very clean, stable program and a great tradition. Bob Stoops is a large part of that.

Is it hard competing in the new big money landscape of mega-television contracts, rules designed to create parity and ethically challenged coaches fighting to grab their share of the pie even if it means leaving scorched earth in their wake? Yep it is and Stoops has done the job well for 16+ years. So when you say it's time for Stoops to go because somehow there must be a better coach available I think you are just chasing you tail.

BoulderSooner79
10/13/2015, 09:44 AM
I had OU losing 3-4 games this year so I am not too disappointed really..

Same here. I didn't have a particular record in mind, but I am starting to get disappointed. I knew this team wouldn't be great, but what I was looking for was a turnaround with evidence of building into something. I figured it would take the entire season so see if the coaching shuffle and new offense would pay off. I still that's true, so still too early to tell. But I thought we would see signs by now and I don't see a bunch of improvement since the first game. But sometimes learning is "gestalt" and shows itself leaps rather than gradually. But I'm starting the think it's the teachers and not just the students holding things back.

graphster
10/13/2015, 09:49 AM
So now we have a magical Nov 1 date that defines acceptably competing for a NC? Is this something that Moses brought down off the mountain?

All the complaints and whining I see here are just that. This is the natural ebb and flow of major college football. Ask Nebraska, Penn State, USC, Tennessee, Michigan how easy replacing long-time winning coaches is. Even Florida and Texas with all of their built in advantages have had bad times recently. Now there are people (you) who think we should fire the all-time winning-est coach in OU history because he isn't living up to some arbitrary standard you think needs to be met? The things OU has going for it are a very clean, stable program and a great tradition. Bob Stoops is a large part of that.

Is it hard competing in the new big money landscape of mega-television contracts, rules designed to create parity and ethically challenged coaches fighting to grab their share of the pie even if it means leaving scorched earth in their wake? Yep it is and Stoops has done the job well for 16+ years. So when you say it's time for Stoops to go because somehow there must be a better coach available I think you are just chasing you tail.

Your arguments might have some validity if Stoops could at least beat a 1-4 Texas team or a 7-5 Oklahoma State team. Forget the national championship, we can't even beat a horrible Texas team that was on the verge of complete collapse at this point. Instead of delivering the knockout blow to Charlie Strong and their entire program, we watch them run the ball down our throats all game.

In a perfect world, I'd love for Bob to get back to where we were in the early 2000s, when we played for NCs every single year. But right now, we're an afterthought in our own CONFERENCE, at a time when the conference isn't even as strong as it was in earlier years.

steveousiu
10/13/2015, 10:12 AM
I admit that I'm on the fence when it comes to the coaching staff - I don't think Bob needs to go, but I do think he needs to make a change to the defensive coaching staff namely Mike. I applaud his changes from last year, but I think he missed out on the final change, he should have shown Mike the door and made Monty the DC straight up. The defensive scheming has been lack luster, and it shows a lack of preparation on Mikes behalf, and not using players where they are best suited to succeed. I am an alum/season ticket holder, and I love the program, yes it bothers me when we lose, yes I want to win the NC or conference championship each year, but that's not realistic. But as a Sooner fan I've come to expect more than what we've seen over the past couple of years. I only have to look at other programs like USC that are in total collapse, and others that experience the same things as we are now, to know that things can turn around. Remember Bob is the winning-est coach in OU history, and deserves a chance to turn it around. So take a deep breath and relax, enjoy the rest of the season, take in the fall air, and know that this week will be better than last week, and next year will be better than this year. Glass is half full - BOOMER SOONER!

Snrinhouston
10/13/2015, 10:13 AM

Again, you don't get it. Traditions must be upheld or they start to fade away. The OU brand has been steadily tarnishing over the past 7 years. Are you so blind as to not see that?

Why do you think we continue to slip down the recruiting rankings? Why is the OU headgear not prominently displayed on sets behind the talking heads anymore? Take a look at a general promo that a network shows trumpeting it's college football coverage. In any of those fast moving clips, do you see OU players anymore?

When a talking head mentions elite programs, you hear him/her say something like, "The Alabamas, Ohio States, Baylors, Florida States of the world". They don't mention Oklahoma in that sentence anymore.

Wake up!

cherokeebrewer
10/13/2015, 10:39 AM
I applaud his changes from last year, but I think he missed out on the final change, he should have shown Mike the door and made Monty the DC straight up.

I tend to agree with this but I suppose it's gotta be hard to fire your brother. Don't necessarily make it right but at the end of the day, it is what it is...Ha!

SoonerorLater
10/13/2015, 10:46 AM
Again, you don't get it. Traditions must be upheld or they start to fade away. The OU brand has been steadily tarnishing over the past 7 years. Are you so blind as to not see that?

Why do you think we continue to slip down the recruiting rankings? Why is the OU headgear not prominently displayed on sets behind the talking heads anymore? Take a look at a general promo that a network shows trumpeting it's college football coverage. In any of those fast moving clips, do you see OU players anymore?

When a talking head mentions elite programs, you hear him/her say something like, "The Alabamas, Ohio States, Baylors, Florida States of the world". They don't mention Oklahoma in that sentence anymore.

Wake up!

So your enjoyment of OU football is contingent on 'competing' for National Championships, having helmets displayed behind talking heads and being featured in more promo clips. And in order to make this happen we need to fire Bob Stoops and find some Vince Lombardi clone to take over the OU program. Is that about right?

BermudaSooner
10/13/2015, 11:07 AM
I'm choosing to believe the debacle over the weekend wakes this team up and we go on a wonderful ride the rest of the season. I'm discounting all facts and any rational arguments that go against this belief.

swardboy
10/13/2015, 11:13 AM
After the wholesale changes made last year, I expect Bob will most certainly be coaching next year. Heck, Lincoln Riley is playing with another regimes players. I am salivating at seeing what he does with his own recruits after he got that hot shot h.s. quarterback to commit.

KSU showed that TCU can be handled. Baylor is another creature. I could live with 10-2 this year. but dang, why did Texas have to be a loss of all years?...

Snrinhouston
10/13/2015, 11:16 AM
So your enjoyment of OU football is contingent on 'competing' for National Championships, having helmets displayed behind talking heads and being featured in more promo clips. And in order to make this happen we need to fire Bob Stoops and find some Vince Lombardi clone to take over the OU program. Is that about right?

Yes, you've accurately (NOT!) encapsulated my argument.

You are without hope. No point in responding to you further.

SoonerorLater
10/13/2015, 11:23 AM
Yes, you've accurately (NOT!) encapsulated my argument.

You are without hope. No point in responding to you further.

That's a shame. I'm sure there are others here that will be more sympathetic to your complaining.

cvsooner
10/13/2015, 11:27 AM
After the wholesale changes made last year, I expect Bob will most certainly be coaching next year. Heck, Lincoln Riley is playing with another regimes players. I am salivating at seeing what he does with his own recruits after he got that hot shot h.s. quarterback to commit.

KSU showed that TCU can be handled. Baylor is another creature. I could live with 10-2 this year. but dang, why did Texas have to be a loss of all years?...

^This. Tech also showed TCU can be handled.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/13/2015, 11:54 AM
Did anyone think we were competing for a NC this season?

graphster
10/13/2015, 11:55 AM
Our offense is nowhere near as good at K-State or Tech right now, and that is the only way to beat TCU -- to outscore them. Nobody is shutting them down, and their defense is getting healthier as the season goes on, which means they will probably be playing much better on that side of the ball by the time we play them.

cherokeebrewer
10/13/2015, 12:19 PM

In my pipedreams

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/13/2015, 12:42 PM

I didn't think we would be a top 10 team in the end but looking at the schedule I thought if we won at Tennessee that the chances were very high that we would be 9-0 and ranked in the top 5-7 before running into TCU,Baylor and OSU. I figured 1-2 in those games but still it would be great to still be in legit contention for a spot in the playoff in November. I would imagine that is what most fans thought.

I thought the home game with WV was going to be a real tough test. I thought playing at KSU could be a trap game. Texas was supposed to be a curb stomping. ALL signs pointed to that. As sad as it sounds I never really even entertained the thought that we would win at Baylor. That statement alone says that we aren't a real NC contender but until we find a way to stop awarding Baylor receivers 8-10 yards every play we won't beat them.

BoulderSooner79
10/13/2015, 12:55 PM

I actually doubt it - think most fans have a higher football IQ than that. But there certainly are those that were poised to use the lack of NC competition as something to rail about when it didn't happen.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/13/2015, 01:00 PM
I didn't think we would be a top 10 team in the end but looking at the schedule I thought if we won at Tennessee that the chances were very high that we would be 9-0 and ranked in the top 5-7 before running into TCU,Baylor and OSU. I figured 1-2 in those games but still it would be great to still be in legit contention for a spot in the playoff in November. I would imagine that is what most fans thought.

I thought the home game with WV was going to be a real tough test. I thought playing at KSU could be a trap game. Texas was supposed to be a curb stomping. ALL signs pointed to that. As sad as it sounds I never really even entertained the thought that we would win at Baylor. That statement alone says that we aren't a real NC contender but until we find a way to stop awarding Baylor receivers 8-10 yards every play we won't beat them.Pretty much what I thought about this season, prior to it beginning. Except I didn't really have a formed expectation of the tx whorns game, given our pitiful preparation and effort the previous 2 years.

rock on sooner
10/13/2015, 01:11 PM
Yes, right after the Tennessee comeback and then no after WVU....

FlatLander
10/13/2015, 01:12 PM
Pretty much what I thought about this season, prior to it beginning. Except I didn't really have a formed expectation of the tx whorns game, given our pitiful preparation and effort the previous 2 years.

My preseason pick was 2-3 losses. But in that, I did not account for saturdays loss. So now it could be four but five is very possible.

After last season I told myself do not form any expectations or get all fired up until after the sexat game. Glad I didn't. Now it is just sit back and see if they get better / worse / stay the same. Could be back-to-back four / five loss seasons. Ughhh.

cvsooner
10/13/2015, 02:07 PM
I honestly thought at the start that this was/is a rebuilding year and fully expected to lose three games: TCU/Baylor/ and one more. Stoops' troops always seem good for one inexplicable loss. Hopefully that was Texas.

We've got a makeshift o-line, a new offensive coordinator, had questions at kicker and punter, a shaky receiving group (with one exception), a QB battle, top running backs, a decent front seven and questions in the secondary. Since the first game, we've learned the offensive line is still not together, an offensive coordinator who's still trying to figure out how to work with his personnel (made especially tough by the o-line woes), running backs who can't because of the o-line and they don't pass block so good, a game QB who's really good at scrambling for the most part (which is a symptom of offensive line play), a better receiving corps than I expected, a serviceable front seven and a secondary that outside of the Tulsa game has played fairly well. Except for tackling, which is true of the whole defense, really.

Bright spot is we've got a great punter/kicker for the next three years.

This is really about fundamentals, when you get right down to it. Lombardi said it best: "Football is blocking and tackling." We aren't doing either of those things consistently well, and it's why we've struggled, and it's why we lost to Texas. Talk about attitude, talk about motivation, all you want, and that's part of it. But ultimately we've got some key football players who aren't especially good at football playing. And admittedly I'm starting to wonder about the coaching ability of at least some of our coaches to teach fundamentals, or of the players to learn same, or both.

cvsooner
10/13/2015, 02:08 PM
One more thing: it's fully comprehensible we could lose to everybody left on the schedule except Kansas and Iowa State. On the other hand I think we can beat everyone with the exception of Baylor. (Never thought I'd type that sentence.)

stoops the eternal pimp
10/13/2015, 03:43 PM
I honestly, and it seems a lot of people put stock in it, wasn't overwhelmed with beating Tennessee..Don't get me wrong, the comeback was amazing, but that was awful football for 3 1/2 quarters against a very average football team. OU could already have 2 losses against not so great teams.

I had OU going in losing 4 with the losses being TCU, Baylor, 1 undetermined team(Tennessee or Kstate), and Texas.

stoopified
10/13/2015, 03:50 PM
Yeah, and I just want to get regularly invited to the parties at the Playboy Mansion. Hell, we all want things. The very narrow question (the only question) is how likely is it that Bob gets his mojo back? What evidence have we seen over the past 7 years that indicates this will happen?exactly he was 110-24 his first 10 years and 63-21 since.In other words he would need to go 47-3 to match the record he had in the GOOD YEARS.

BoomerMcSooner
10/13/2015, 04:07 PM
One more thing: it's fully comprehensible we could lose to everybody left on the schedule except Kansas and Iowa State. On the other hand I think we can beat everyone with the exception of Baylor. (Never thought I'd type that sentence.)

I'd guess we end up 10-3 when all is said and done.

It is comprehensible that we fall off a cliff and lose a bunch more....But it is also comprehensible that we win out. We still have a lot of upside for offensive improvement with a new o coordinator and a new QB getting experience - probably more upside to improve than anyone else in the conference except Texas.

TCU has been living dangerously and barely winning against overmatched teams...And they barely beat us in Ft Worth last year. There were huge meltdowns when we lost that game, but they were arguably the best team in the country last year, and we took them down to the wire in their own house.

Briles has never won in Stillwater...In fact, Baylor has been blown out in Stillwater every time under Briles. The only team Baylor has played with a pulse this year was Tech in Waco. Their new QB has yet to be hit in the mouth and really tested.....And Briles' defenses give up 40+ four times a year like clockwork (gave up 31 to Lamar!). Don't be shocked when they drop a couple late in the season...Their schedule is totally backloaded.

It is not hard to imagine a scenario where OU-OSU is the game to decide the Big12 champ.

As much as it sucks to lose to Texas, it is probably the best game to lose if you had to pick one this year. If we beat KSU (big if!) there's a good chance we're a 1-loss underdog going into the Baylor game, and I think we can beat them. Things do not seem as bad as they did in 2006 or 2013 following Texas losses.

BoulderSooner79
10/13/2015, 04:10 PM
I honestly, and it seems a lot of people put stock in it, wasn't overwhelmed with beating Tennessee..Don't get me wrong, the comeback was amazing, but that was awful football for 3 1/2 quarters against a very average football team. OU could already have 2 losses against not so great teams.

I had OU going in losing 4 with the losses being TCU, Baylor, 1 undetermined team(Tennessee or Kstate), and Texas.

I'd have a similar list. I would not have put the horns on there, but I'm not too surprised. I saw that the horn D-line was disruptive against Cal and Cal also suffers from a weak O-line. Have to put OSU in that undetermined potential 'L' too, especially at their place.

BoomerMcSooner
10/13/2015, 04:18 PM
exactly he was 110-24 his first 10 years and 63-21 since.In other words he would need to go 47-3 to match the record he had in the GOOD YEARS.

Stoops has not done as well in his second decade. But in Stoops' bad years, OU is still 8th best winning percentage among power 5 teams...And he is 6th among active power 5 coaches over the period...

We have high expectations because historically we win about 75% of our games, and expect a MNC every 8 years or so. But I can't imagine him being on the hot seat among serious decision makers unless he fails to win 9 games for several years in a row.

VA Sooner
10/13/2015, 07:12 PM

1999 Oklahoma 7-5
2000 Oklahoma 13–0
2001 Oklahoma 11–2
2002 Oklahoma 12–2
2003 Oklahoma 12–2
2004 Oklahoma 12–1
2005 Oklahoma 8–4
2006 Oklahoma 11–3
2007 Oklahoma 11–3
2008 Oklahoma 12–2
2009 Oklahoma 8–5
2010 Oklahoma 12–2
2011 Oklahoma 10–3
2012 Oklahoma 10–3
2013 Oklahoma 11–2
2014 Oklahoma 8–5
2015 Oklahoma 4–1

This puts it in to perspective for me. Thanks, SOL. I'm good.

Damn the media for getting my hopes up but more so for me in believing the hype. Too early in the season, lots of football to come. The season is what I expected... young o-line, young secondary, and new offensive scheme.

FlatLander
10/14/2015, 07:52 AM
Stoops has not done as well in his second decade. But in Stoops' bad years, OU is still 8th best winning percentage among power 5 teams...And he is 6th among active power 5 coaches over the period...

We have high expectations because historically we win about 75% of our games, and expect a MNC every 8 years or so. But I can't imagine him being on the hot seat among serious decision makers unless he fails to win 9 games for several years in a row.

Unfortunately 2 in a row is very likely now. More than that and recruiting is really going to fall off. Then it could take a while to get back to what we expect.

BoomerMcSooner
10/14/2015, 10:12 AM
Unfortunately 2 in a row is very likely now. More than that and recruiting is really going to fall off. Then it could take a while to get back to what we expect.

I dunno. Things change pretty quick. After an 8-4 season in '05, and a 3-2 start in '06, nobody believed we were going to win out and take the Big12. Again in 2010 after an 8-5 season and getting beat bad by A&M for our 2nd loss, nobody thought we would win out.

I think recruiting concerns are overrated. Stoops' '99 and '00 classes were unranked, yet among his best. The 2003 class was the highest ranked of Stoops' first 6 classes (ranked #4), but in hindsight it was the worst of his first 6 classes. The 2006 class was probably Stoops' best ever, but it was ranked #9, and is essentially the same ranking quality as his 2015 class. In the end, there isn't a high correlation between the rankings of his classes and how well they have panned out. Teams like Baylor and TCU are nowhere in the rankings. Yet even non-producing SEC teams are all over the top rankings.

I do not believe that teams like Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn, Miss St., South Carolina, etc., are far more talented than teams like TCU and Baylor as recruit rankings would insist. I think it is just a case of the recruiting services keying in on the SEC and their recruiting battles because that is where fan interest (and thus money) is highest. We continue to rank in recruiting pretty much where we have since 2001 relative to other Big12 teams and continue to have the same amount of players drafted as we always have under Stoops.

Stoops made big changes this off season. We will know in a few years if these changes were successful. But it is way to soon to judge.

OUmillenium
10/14/2015, 11:54 AM
Your arguments might have some validity if Stoops could at least beat a 1-4 Texas team or a 7-5 Oklahoma State team. Forget the national championship, we can't even beat a horrible Texas team that was on the verge of complete collapse at this point. Instead of delivering the knockout blow to Charlie Strong and their entire program, we watch them run the ball down our throats all game.

In a perfect world, I'd love for Bob to get back to where we were in the early 2000s, when we played for NCs every single year. But right now, we're an afterthought in our own CONFERENCE, at a time when the conference isn't even as strong as it was in earlier years.

This is what disappoints. I predicted potentially 5 losses for this team but coming into the UTerus game, this was not going to be an "acceptable" loss for this season and it is not.

SoonerMarkVA
10/14/2015, 12:46 PM
Unfortunately, I think the only lock left is KU. We should probably beat ISU, maybe a slight advantage with Tech since it's at home, and against the odds for any of the rest.

Hard to believe how ugly things have become for us. I can't help but wonder where we'd be if we had left for the SEC with A&M. How might that have influenced recruiting? How much more urgency with playing "big games" more often, although that fact at this point maybe doesn't make much difference. We're middle of the pack where we are and, so, any urgency should be felt full force right now.

Bob should have fully cleaned house last year. Mike and Kish should have been fired, and I also felt Bedenbaugh wasn't effective; I feel even more that way this year. If he had kept Gundy, Boulware, and Montgomery only, firstly I wonder of Monty would have stayed, but then we could have had a chance to bring in fresh coordinators for both the O and D, and maybe have a chance for effective LB play.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/14/2015, 01:05 PM
exactly he was 110-24 his first 10 years and 63-21 since.In other words he would need to go 47-3 to match the record he had in the GOOD YEARS.

This isn't out of the realm of possibility. What a lot of people forget is that it only takes 1-2 recruiting classes (think 1999 and 2000) to get there

BoulderSooner79
10/14/2015, 01:08 PM
Stoops made big changes this off season. We will know in a few years if these changes were successful. But it is way to soon to judge.

It won't take a few years, nor should it. But it is too soon to judge after 5 games. Looking back at this season when it is complete should give a pretty good indication of the direction.

But it is never too soon for a message board to go berserk! :P

stoopified
10/14/2015, 04:09 PM

We have high expectations because historically we win about 75% of our games, and expect a MNC every 8 years or so. But I can't imagine him being on the hot seat among serious decision makers unless he fails to win 9 games for several years in a row.Bob has gone from coaching at a Bud-Barry level ,now he is producing Gibbs level teams. That was not acceptable then and IMHO is not any more so now. Bob has had 6+ years to reverse the slide and has failed to do so, in fact the slide appears to be accelerating.

kbsooner21
10/14/2015, 09:37 PM

Wake up!

The Baylors... LMFAO!!!!

SicEmBaylor
10/14/2015, 09:49 PM
The Baylors... LMFAO!!!!

I see nothing wrong with that.

olevetonahill
10/14/2015, 10:01 PM

YOU wouldnt Moran !

kbsooner21
10/14/2015, 10:07 PM

Just that his argument is about all this tradition and competing for national championships...

SicEmBaylor
10/14/2015, 10:43 PM
Just that his argument is about all this tradition and competing for national championships...

I never read anything about tradition or prior national championships in his comment. Neither of which are all that important except to the member institutions. I took his comment to mean the here/now/very recent landscape of college football.

manateepower
10/15/2015, 12:27 AM

Do you even listen to the people you argue with?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/15/2015, 12:52 AM
Bob has gone from coaching at a Bud-Barry level ,now he is producing Gibbs level teams. That was not acceptable then and IMHO is not any more so now. Bob has had 6+ years to reverse the slide and has failed to do so, in fact the slide appears to be accelerating.What has been most exasperating as a fan is that I was hoping Mike Stoops still had defensive coaching excellence in him, like he demonstrated 2000-3003. In his second coming to OU, it just ain't happening. That failure has shone an alarming light on the current state of our coaching.

Soonerjeepman
10/15/2015, 10:48 AM
I'm thinking Bob would rather go down with the ship than fire his brother. Now, he might be able to get him another job somewhere....but he isn't "firing" him.

someone mentioned he'll stay in Norman til his sons graduate hs...what year are they?

BoomerMcSooner
10/15/2015, 05:12 PM
Bob has gone from coaching at a Bud-Barry level ,now he is producing Gibbs level teams. That was not acceptable then and IMHO is not any more so now. Bob has had 6+ years to reverse the slide and has failed to do so, in fact the slide appears to be accelerating.

When do you imagine this slide started? 2009 when we went 8-5?

Stoops followed with 4-straight 10+ win seasons (all of them better than any of Gibbs') and a .811 winning percentage. Then he had another 8-5 down year.

Stoops has never had a sustained run of bad seasons like Barry did in '81-'83.

The OU fan base was full of folks that would have gladly traded Switzer for Schnellenberger following the '83 season.

And those folks were more rational than the "fire Stoops" crowd is now based on recent performance history.

SoonerorLater
10/15/2015, 06:04 PM
Do you even listen to the people you argue with?

No. On SF I read what they say.

aurorasooner
10/15/2015, 06:10 PM
If we don't win Saturday, then it may be a toss-up which team has the most wins, us or the Whorns. It's just hard to believe that the dumpster-fire we were all talking about down in Austin, might actually be just a little north of Lindsay St.

BTW, I don't think the Whorns are any good at all, and we just completely screwed the pooch last Saturday. They may only get one more W against Kansas and ISU may whoop them.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/16/2015, 08:13 AM
If we don't win Saturday, then it may be a toss-up which team has the most wins, us or the Whorns. It's just hard to believe that the dumpster-fire we were all talking about down in Austin, might actually be just a little north of Lindsay St.

BTW, I don't think the Whorns are any good at all, and we just completely screwed the pooch last Saturday. They may only get one more W against Kansas and ISU may whoop them.

Texas isn't going to a bowl. We were their bowl.

BoulderSooner79
10/16/2015, 09:29 AM
The horns going to a bowl is a possibility. They have already played TCU,OSU and OU and they will lose to BU. They would need to win 4 or the other 5 - not an easy task, but it could happen.

cvsooner
10/16/2015, 12:43 PM
I'm thinking Bob would rather go down with the ship than fire his brother. Now, he might be able to get him another job somewhere....but he isn't "firing" him.

someone mentioned he'll stay in Norman til his sons graduate hs...what year are they?

Freshmen, I think?

Nope...sophs.

http://newsok.com/article/5441480

manateepower
10/16/2015, 03:40 PM
No. On SF I read what they say.

If you're going to be annoyingly literal, you're not doing that either.

SoonerorLater
10/16/2015, 06:41 PM
If you're going to be annoyingly literal, you're not doing that either.

That's the type of response that is indicated when somebody takes a drive-by swipe for no good reason.

Yes, I took his post(s) into account. I disagreed.

Sooner70
10/17/2015, 07:46 AM
Grossly Pessimistic Forecast: Lose to KSU, Baylor, TCU & OSU, to finish regular season 7-5

Moderately Pessimistic: Lose to Baylor, TCU, OSU to finish regular season 8-4

Somewhat Optimistic: Lose to Baylor, TCU to finish regular season 9-3

Optimistic: Lose only to Baylor to finish regular season 10-2

Wildly Optimistic: Run the table the rest of the way & finish 11-1 uhhhhh

All this assumes Kansas, Iowa State and Texas Tech cooperate

oupride
10/17/2015, 09:02 AM
Let's wait and see how the season plays out. This is not the same team as last year.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/18/2015, 10:24 AM
Let's wait and see how the season plays out. This is not the same team as last year.

I still have plenty on concerns but after yesterday's performance I'm giving myself a big STFU for a while. At least for one week we looked like a NC contender. I know it was KSU but that is as bad as Snyder has been whipped in a long time.

Jacie
10/18/2015, 10:55 AM
The conspiracy theory on 55-0:

Snyder, knowing this is a down year for his cats, intentionally allowed yesterday to happen in order to bolster the main branch of his coaching tree and thus make himself look good, a condition known as Mack(Brown)-hausen by proxy.

SoonerorLater
10/18/2015, 12:31 PM
The conspiracy theory on 55-0:

Snyder, knowing this is a down year for his cats, intentionally allowed yesterday to happen in order to bolster the main branch of his coaching tree and thus make himself look good, a condition known as Mack(Brown)-hausen by proxy.

Hmm, you've certainly given me a lot to think about.

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2015, 01:02 PM
After we lose to the horns, we're turrible and the only remaining win is KU. After we wallop KSU, BU is the only team left that has a chance to beat us (and a slim one at that). Fans be so funny.

stoopified
11/25/2015, 09:13 AM
I have never been so happy to be wrong about this season.After looking so pitiful vs. the sorriest tWhorn team in my memory,I coud not imagine such a complete turnaround as this Kudos to Bob and his staff for the job done since the RR debacle. I have never enjoyed eating crow so much.

Does this season signal a mid career resurgence out of what had been an obvious drop-off from Bob's first decade? If so it could much like Barry going from 7-4-1,8-4,8-4,9-2-1 to post three consecutive 11-1 squads from 1985-1987.

Now lets stomp a mudhole in the Pukes and roll into the playoffs.

olevetonahill
11/25/2015, 09:35 AM
Heh, Just re-read it LOL whers all the Chicken littles now?
a 10 3 season is still possible But I doubt it
My 300 $ bet at 35 to 1 is looking better an better

FlatLander
11/25/2015, 09:44 AM
My preseason pick was 2-3 losses. But in that, I did not account for saturdays loss. So now it could be four but five is very possible.

After last season I told myself do not form any expectations or get all fired up until after the sexat game. Glad I didn't. Now it is just sit back and see if they get better / worse / stay the same. Could be back-to-back four / five loss seasons. Ughhh.

Never been so glad to be wrong. It is very cool that they have definitely gotten better!

SoonerMarkVA
11/25/2015, 10:13 AM

Dang. As if OU winning the NC weren't enough, you'd collect north of $10K! That'd be one sweet 2015 to remember!

FaninAma
11/25/2015, 10:28 AM
Really? You couldn't have waited just one more game to resurrect this thread? If OU loses this weekend it is on your head for conjuring up some bad juju by spiking the ball too early.

olevetonahill
11/25/2015, 10:38 AM
Really? You couldn't have waited just one more game to resurrect this thread? If OU loses this weekend it is on your head for conjuring up some bad juju by spiking the ball too early.

Heh, I dint resurrect it I just commented on it LOL
http://thewellnessdoer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/child-with-tongue-out.jpeg

olevetonahill
11/25/2015, 10:42 AM
Dang. As if OU winning the NC weren't enough, you'd collect north of $10K! That'd be one sweet 2015 to remember!

I put a 100 of it for my Son who aint paid me yet LOL

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/25/2015, 10:47 AM

Akron -1
Tennessee -1
Tulsa -2
WV +3
Texas -1

grr +2 Baylor/+3 TCU

SoonerMarkVA
11/25/2015, 10:48 AM

I bet you can count on him coming around to collect, though! :sneakiness:

FaninAma
11/25/2015, 11:08 AM
Heh, I dint resurrect it I just commented on it LOL
http://thewellnessdoer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/child-with-tongue-out.jpeg

LOL. I guess my Irish background makes me very superstitious.

BoulderSooner79
11/25/2015, 11:10 AM

^This. Whoever bumped this thread - it was premature necrobumping. Hopefully, the football gods are done with us for a while after dishing out the 2nd half scare last week. There are plenty of other fan bases out there that deserve smiting this week.

Snrinhouston
11/25/2015, 11:32 AM
I have never been so happy to be wrong about this season.After looking so pitiful vs. the sorriest tWhorn team in my memory,I coud not imagine such a complete turnaround as this Kudos to Bob and his staff for the job done since the RR debacle. I have never enjoyed eating crow so much.

Does this season signal a mid career resurgence out of what had been an obvious drop-off from Bob's first decade? If so it could much like Barry going from 7-4-1,8-4,8-4,9-2-1 to post three consecutive 11-1 squads from 1985-1987.

Now lets stomp a mudhole in the Pukes and roll into the playoffs.

You and me both. I am happy to be so completely wrong about my post-Texas game prediction.

olevetonahill
11/25/2015, 11:41 AM
I bet you can count on him coming around to collect, though! :sneakiness:

LOL, He will have me take the 100 out of his part of the winnings LOL

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/25/2015, 12:13 PM
Nothing like a little deep fried crow for thanksgiving!never thought we'd be where we are this year...especially after UTerus!

I was fully expecting 3+ losses this year. From the coaches to te players, what a way to stay the course!

Proud of these Sooners!

stoopified
11/25/2015, 03:01 PM
Really? You couldn't have waited just one more game to resurrect this thread? If OU loses this weekend it is on your head for conjuring up some bad juju by spiking the ball too early.Don't blame Vet,I pulled it back up to issue a mea culpa.

JLMSOONER
11/25/2015, 03:09 PM

He'll pay ya when it hits

BoulderSooner79
11/25/2015, 03:43 PM
Don't blame Vet,I pulled it back up to issue a mea culpa.

Okay, but you better be sticking needles into a Cowboy mascot doll to make for this.

Soonerjeepman
11/25/2015, 04:44 PM
well, I'm not going to go back and find my post...Boulder go ahead.

I think going into the season I thought 9-3 would be good, possible 8-4. Anything over 9-3 was great. I' glad I was wrong as well...but honestly a lot of folks were. WHO GIVES A $HIT~

OU is in a position to be where a LOT OF FOLKS didn't think they'd be. I'm just going to enjoy it.

Mayfield was a wild card. He's done unbelievable...

BOOMER

BoulderSooner79
11/25/2015, 05:52 PM
I'm not going back on any posts; just saying it's too early to revive this thread. If OUr boys lose this last one, the gloomers will be out in force claiming the whole season was $hit. But not me. I've said before that with all the unknowns going into this season, I mostly looking for a team came together and looked much better by the end of the season. This has happened.

But the OSU game has always looked like it would be a tough finale and it's usually a close one up there. Nothing about us beating Baylor or getting a high CFP ranks is going to change that. It's only changed the mood and expectation of the fans who now think it's in the bag for some reason.

SoonerMarkVA
11/25/2015, 06:54 PM
Really? "In the bag"? I guess I missed those.

BoulderSooner79
11/25/2015, 09:01 PM
Really? "In the bag"? I guess I missed those.

I browse over at LT. Lots more fans over there, but hard to know which ones are 13. Since BU lost to OU and OSU lost to BU, lots of confident posters expect a 52-21 sort of beat down. The ol college football transitive property that works so well :distrust: Also, seem to think the royal jelly the committee put on us with the #3 changes everything.

SoonerMarkVA
11/25/2015, 09:20 PM
I browse over at LT. Lots more fans over there, but hard to know which ones are 13. Since BU lost to OU and OSU lost to BU, lots of confident posters expect a 52-21 sort of beat down. The ol college football transitive property that works so well :distrust: Also, seem to think the royal jelly the committee put on us with the #3 changes everything.

Ah, that explains it. I don't "do" LT. :joyous:

BoulderSooner79
11/25/2015, 10:55 PM
Ah, that explains it. I don't "do" LT. :joyous:

You'll see a few of those lop-sided scores in the prediction thread here too. But I suspect a lot of those predictions are not really predictions - more like a wish list. :D

olevetonahill
11/25/2015, 11:31 PM
You'll see a few of those lop-sided scores in the prediction thread here too. But I suspect a lot of those predictions are not really predictions - more like a wish list. :D

Reports im hearin is low 30s with slight freezin drizzle , we gonna win by moren 7 but it aint gonna be a high scoring game
The O/U is at 69. that aint happening in that kinda weather.

BoulderSooner79
11/25/2015, 11:59 PM
Reports im hearin is low 30s with slight freezin drizzle , we gonna win by moren 7 but it aint gonna be a high scoring game
The O/U is at 69. that aint happening in that kinda weather.

Weird things can happen in "weather" games - hope it's good weird.

Soonerjeepman
11/26/2015, 01:19 AM
I'm not going back on any posts; just saying it's too early to revive this thread. If OUr boys lose this last one, the gloomers will be out in force claiming the whole season was $hit. But not me. I've said before that with all the unknowns going into this season, I mostly looking for a team came together and looked much better by the end of the season. This has happened.

But the OSU game has always looked like it would be a tough finale and it's usually a close one up there. Nothing about us beating Baylor or getting a high CFP ranks is going to change that. It's only changed the mood and expectation of the fans who now think it's in the bag for some reason.

lol, true. I agree, the season as of now is better than expected. I didn't think we could do worse than last year (8-5 isn't HORRIBLE, but the way we lost was). I am not even counting on being in the playoff even if we beat osu. Mich st, iowa, nd...hell even florida (course that would likely knock off bama)...who knows. Just trying to enjoy the season.

Widescreen
11/26/2015, 01:36 AM

Nicely played. You may be right.

olevetonahill
11/26/2015, 03:22 AM
Weird things can happen in "weather" games - hope it's good weird.

Dis be true! But I aint puttin any money on the Overs LOL at 69 lol
Got 275 on OU at 6.5 Ill live with that.

vtsooner21
11/26/2015, 06:58 AM

ok; admittedly I'm one of those "dreamers" who predicted a beat down. And you're absolutely correct in this: I am wishing more so than using my head for something other than a hat rack. A convincing win here & next stop the big time games...Here's hoping that the Sooners have shaken off the risidual effects of that 2nd half vs TCU & are ready to play like we know that they can...Boomer

Jacie
11/26/2015, 09:57 AM
If the next game is a repeat of the Ice Bowl, you'll be sweatin those 6.5 points.

stoopified
11/26/2015, 03:23 PM
If the next game is a repeat of the Ice Bowl, you'll be sweatin those 6.5 points.Not so fast my Sooner friend.Comparisons of this Puke team to that Puke team are unwarran ted. They had a very good running team with Thurman and Barry.This Neon Orange version can NOT run the ball. i,I am among those predicting OU by 2-3 TDs. On the other hand I expected this team to contend for conference title and playoff berth. That is the major reason behind my meltdown after the RRS debacle.

KantoSooner
11/27/2015, 08:29 AM
It's nice to see, and to point out, the shambling idiocy of those who hated on Riley's 'high school' offense, Bob's ability to run a Div 1 program and the like. I'm curious. Will those who criticized so visciously now agree to shut their stupid mouths for a reasonable period? Say, oh, 2-3 years?
You need not answer. Just go away for a long time. FO and buhbye.

achiro
11/27/2015, 10:09 AM
Missed this thread the first time through. Some freaking idiots!

BoulderSooner79
11/27/2015, 10:31 AM
Will those who criticized so visciously now agree to shut their stupid mouths for a reasonable period?

HAHA,HAHA - you funny man. The quiet period will last until the next 'L', which likely happens this season.

olevetonahill
11/27/2015, 10:33 AM
If the next game is a repeat of the Ice Bowl, you'll be sweatin those 6.5 points.

I aint Skeered!

Not so fast my Sooner friend.Comparisons of this Puke team to that Puke team are unwarran ted. They had a very good running team with Thurman and Barry.This Neon Orange version can NOT run the ball. i,I am among those predicting OU by 2-3 TDs. On the other hand I expected this team to contend for conference title and playoff berth. That is the major reason behind my meltdown after the RRS debacle.

Yup. Hell I put 300 on us to win it all at the START of the season, Lot of folk here laughed at me. They still invited to the Party if I win that bet LOL that 35 to 1 odds have now dropped to 7 to 1 LOL

manateepower
11/27/2015, 03:01 PM
Add my name to the list of people who are eating crow. In now way did I imagine that we were going to be I'm this position.

I think we are the best team in the country right now with a healthy Mayfield.

Breadburner
11/29/2015, 12:05 AM
LOL at the bed wetting haters in this thread.....

nighttrain12
11/29/2015, 12:06 AM

LMAO!

Breadburner
11/29/2015, 12:08 AM
Dip****s...I tell ya...!!

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/29/2015, 12:19 AM
Yup! I liked this team all year.

BoulderSooner79
11/29/2015, 12:28 AM
I posted at half time of the Vol game that I liked this team and the fight they were showing when everything was going wrong (we were down 17-0 and the gloomers were in charge of the game thread). I said I didn't know if they would win, but I predicted they would claw their way back. Just something I hadn't seen in the last few teams.

But I didn't think we would finish 11-1 and undisputed big12 champs. And I *never* imagined making the playoffs.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/29/2015, 12:41 AM
I posted at half time of the Vol game that I liked this team and the fight they were showing when everything was going wrong (we were down 17-0 and the gloomers were in charge of the game thread). I said I didn't know if they would win, but I predicted they would claw their way back. Just something I hadn't seen in the last few teams.

But I didn't think we would finish 11-1 and undisputed big12 champs. And I *never* imagined making the playoffs.

I'll go back tomorrow and grab all of my predictions from game 1, 2 and 3. I thought we were a 10 win team with an outside chance at the playoffs, I just didn't think we'd have the DL go off like they did. Tapper is the MVP of this squad because he makes it impossible to double both him, Romar and Striker.

SoCalBigRed
11/29/2015, 12:46 AM
So who's house is serving the crow?

LOL!

BoulderSooner79
11/29/2015, 12:56 AM
So who's house is serving the crow?

LOL!

Glad I've been pretty optimistic all year - not big fan of crow. Definitely doesn't taste just like chicken.

deweydw
11/29/2015, 08:30 AM
Crow, it's what for dinner.

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/eatcrow-300x200.jpg

Okie35
11/29/2015, 09:21 AM
I'll go back tomorrow and grab all of my predictions from game 1, 2 and 3. I thought we were a 10 win team with an outside chance at the playoffs, I just didn't think we'd have the DL go off like they did. Tapper is the MVP of this squad because he makes it impossible to double both him, Romar and Striker.

I thought we were a 10-3 team.

stoopified
11/30/2015, 03:08 PM
LMAO!
yeah,iis easy to laugh now,the question is were you laughing on 10-12 ? Did not see posts from you then.

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2015, 03:24 PM
yeah,iis easy to laugh now,the question is were you laughing on 10-12 ? Did not see posts from you then.

And what exactly is wrong with laughing when it's easy to laugh? Life always has an unpleasant surprise or 2 planned for all of us, so best to laugh while we can.

birddog
11/30/2015, 03:47 PM
Amen, Boulder. When my 8 year old son told me his heart was "beating fast" before the game, i realized how cool it is to pass on a lifelong passion as my grandpa did to my dad, and my dad passed to me in 1982.

Real fans understand you have no choice. You follow your team in good and bad. I believe everyone here smells what im stepping in.

Okie35
11/30/2015, 04:54 PM
Vegas has us at 5-2 odds in winning it all right behind Alabama

All the fox cfb playoff preview guys but 1(he picked Bama) picked us to win it all

Dave wenstadt (sp?)
Brady Quinn
Matt Leinart
The host
Etc...

The committee insider guy said its out of us or Bama ...

I hope we remain humble