PDA

View Full Version : Mike Stops...wow

Soonerjeepman
10/12/2015, 12:53 PM
DALLAS — High above the field, sitting in the coaches' booth, Oklahoma defensive coordinator Mike Stoops knew exactly what Texas was about to do.
He was just powerless to stop it.
Tyrone Swoopes, Texas' deposed quarterback and now their version of the Belldozer, was about to switch things up from what his role has come in the Longhorns' offense.
Swoopes took the snap and took one step toward the line of scrimmage before taking a step back and hitting a wide up Caleb Bluiett in the end zone to put Texas up two scores early in the fourth quarter in Saturday's eventual 24-17 win over the Sooners.

Really? I thought you'd seen enough of ksu doing this....my GUT reaction is he isn't taking responsibility. He recruits, He coaches....

badger
10/12/2015, 03:03 PM
He was just powerless to stop it.

From Bob Stoops' press conference today:

You can put it all on me, but I don’t play.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ousportsextra/ou-sports-stoops-you-can-put-it-all-on-me/article_273103a5-39a3-587e-b5ce-a5cf9c8544d3.html

It would not surprise me if Mike Stoops felt the same way as head coach bro. Tyrone Swoopes is gonna do this, but I can't stop it from the sideline, er, I mean, press box, so go ahead and blame me, but I'm not out there playing lol

:(

FaninAma
10/12/2015, 03:12 PM
From Bob Stoops' press conference today:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ousportsextra/ou-sports-stoops-you-can-put-it-all-on-me/article_273103a5-39a3-587e-b5ce-a5cf9c8544d3.html

It would not surprise me if Mike Stoops felt the same way as head coach bro. Tyrone Swoopes is gonna do this, but I can't stop it from the sideline, er, I mean, press box, so go ahead and blame me, but I'm not out there playing lol

:(

This is going to sound harsh but Stoops and his coaching staff just do not put smart players on the field. I don't know if this is coaching(which i think it is) or just that the OU coaching staff doesn't place enough emphasis on recruiting players with a good grasp of the mental apsects of the game.