PDA

View Full Version : Morning After

Soonerjeepman
10/11/2015, 08:14 AM
well, sun came up...headed to paint a crappy rental. Yahoo! Course my partner is a ksu fan. Tough loss for them...they could have won that came.

I'm not a fire Bob camp...I'm not a everything is ok either. I don't play, just a fan.

My frustration, and prob a bunch of folks, is Bob gets paid a lot of money to produce a top shelf product.

It's been 15 years since he's won a NC. Yes, he's played in a bunch..won big games, lost big games. I know OU Football is king on campus, but look at what other coaches at OU have done in their respective sports but don't get paid nearly as much...I know, I know...football is the money maker.

Maybe OU regents need to rework Bob's contract that if he DOESN'T achieve certain things they deduct his salary...lol.

I'm pretty sure OU will drop another 2-3 games...tough season. Interesting to see how things turn out. I do know on espn they've showed non-stop the ut highlites and said how this has "saved" Strong's job for the year....

Have a great day!

Go Royals!

Judge Smails
10/11/2015, 08:16 AM
That's what we are good at. Saving Texas coaches jobs.

cherokeebrewer
10/11/2015, 08:53 AM
I'm pretty sure OU will drop another 2-3 games

After yesterday I would put that at 3-4 more and maybe even 5 if we don't beat Tech...

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/11/2015, 10:20 AM
We are better than last year. No doubt. But, we are not ready to climb to the top of heap.

Still, I like this team. I will back them.

Curly Bill
10/11/2015, 10:22 AM
I don't think it'll surprise anybody, but I'm solidly in the get rid of all things Stoops camp. We are on the slide, and with what we have in the cupboard, and what recruiting looks like so far that's not getting better soon.

I don't know who took Bob's mojo, but it's more and more apparent they took ALL of it!

olevetonahill
10/11/2015, 10:33 AM
I don't think it'll surprise anybody, but I'm solidly in the get rid of all things Stoops camp. We are on the slide, and with what we have in the cupboard, and what recruiting looks like so far that's not getting better soon.

I don't know who took Bob's mojo, but it's more and more apparent they took ALL of it!

After Last year , then seeing this Team not ready to play lowly saxet. Ive come to agree Bro
I dont want him Fired, But I do want him to Retire.~

Curly Bill
10/11/2015, 10:35 AM
After Last year , then seeing this Team not ready to play lowly saxet. Ive come to agree Bro
I dont want him Fired, But I do want him to Retire.~

Yup, wait til end of season, and tell him what's up. He can walk away with some amount of dignity, or he can be canned. He's earned the right to make it his choice.

olevetonahill
10/11/2015, 10:51 AM
Yup, wait til end of season, and tell him what's up. He can walk away with some amount of dignity, or he can be canned. He's earned the right to make it his choice.

I really thot that with the changes he had woken up. Now Not so much. Its almost like they wanted to lose yesterday. Not so much the players but the coaches. That team was totally unprepared to play .

Curly Bill
10/11/2015, 10:57 AM
I really thot that with the changes he had woken up. Now Not so much. Its almost like they wanted to lose yesterday. Not so much the players but the coaches. That team was totally unprepared to play .

But he didn't change what is the biggest problem, and that is him!

Whatever "it" was that made him special early in his tenure has left him, and I don't see it coming back. And even if it did, we aren't getting the players now to put us back where we want to be anyway.

Since71ASooner4Life
10/11/2015, 11:17 AM
Here's one way to look at how the coach is doing.

How's he paid relative to his peers?

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

How's he doing bringing in the talent? (there are some who argue the # of stars doesn't mean anything, but looking at this list you would conclude there a pretty strong correlation between recruiting ranking and where the teams are finishing)

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2015/2/6/7987571/recruiting-rankings-ratings-2015-college-football-teams

I agree Bob should be given the opportunity to retire - at the end of this year. It's taken me a few years to see the light, but the second half of his tenure hasn't remotely resembled the first half that built his reputation.

steveousiu
10/11/2015, 11:17 AM

I think his choice is to wait until his boys graduate, and then move on. Since his kids have been in Norman since they started school, I suspect he has stayed to allow them to finish here, once done, I think he will move on. I know that hasn't been mentioned in the past, but to me it's probably the real reason. You can call it selfish if you want, but I think it is what it is. I have seen many posts saying it's time to get rid of Bob, but the over arching question is who is in the wings to take is place (no one and certainly not LR) or who can JC go after and get to replace him. I would think that if Chip Kelly's stint with the Eagles is over, he would be a good candidate, but who knows? As much as I hate to say it, I can see us losing 4 more games this year, and possible 5. I never thought I would say that, but the times they are achanging!!

REDREX
10/11/2015, 12:07 PM
Stoops has put life back into Texas and OSU---nice job

Okie35
10/11/2015, 12:29 PM
2/3 games? Depends on next week

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/11/2015, 02:24 PM
E
I think his choice is to wait until his boys graduate, and then move on. Since his kids have been in Norman since they started school, I suspect he has stayed to allow them to finish here, once done, I think he will move on. I know that hasn't been mentioned in the past, but to me it's probably the real reason. You can call it selfish if you want, but I think it is what it is. I have seen many posts saying it's time to get rid of Bob, but the over arching question is who is in the wings to take is place (no one and certainly not LR) or who can JC go after and get to replace him. I would think that if Chip Kelly's stint with the Eagles is over, he would be a good candidate, but who knows? As much as I hate to say it, I can see us losing 4 more games this year, and possible 5. I never thought I would say that, but the times they are achanging!!

Chip Kelly would be a disaster.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/11/2015, 03:08 PM
E

Chip Kelly would be a disaster.There are certainly a lot of questions regarding Chip.

VegasSooner
10/11/2015, 07:13 PM
There are certainly a lot of questions regarding Chip.

I would consider three years of NCAA probation to be a question.

NCAA hands Ducks 3-year probation (June 30, 2013) (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9424556/oregon-ducks-put-probation-ncaa-lose-scholarship)

graphster
10/11/2015, 07:23 PM
That and the fact that his scheme isn't really cutting edge anymore. As people in the NFL are increasingly finding out, the passing game is pretty basic, and a large portion of the offense depends on forcing the other team to make mistakes against the up tempo style. Now that a majority of college teams run some form of fast paced up tempo offense, defenses have adjusted and are not as surprised by it and are better able to get their calls in quickly and get lined up. The rest of it is just basic inside/outside zone runs with a handful of option runs sprinkled in to keep the defense honest.

Take a look at what is going on at Oregon right now. Sure, Chip isn't there any more and maybe that's part of the problem, but the fact is that almost everybody has incorporated much of what Kelly's offense is built on, so it's not that unique these days.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/11/2015, 09:25 PM
That and the fact that his scheme isn't really cutting edge anymore. As people in the NFL are increasingly finding out, the passing game is pretty basic, and a large portion of the offense depends on forcing the other team to make mistakes against the up tempo style. Now that a majority of college teams run some form of fast paced up tempo offense, defenses have adjusted and are not as surprised by it and are better able to get their calls in quickly and get lined up. The rest of it is just basic inside/outside zone runs with a handful of option runs sprinkled in to keep the defense honest.

Take a look at what is going on at Oregon right now. Sure, Chip isn't there any more and maybe that's part of the problem, but the fact is that almost everybody has incorporated much of what Kelly's offense is built on, so it's not that unique these days.

No offense but the wishbone in 1985 wasn't exactly cutting edge either. You don't need anything cutting edge if you can assemble a dominant defense. What is absolutely killing us is our defense can't generate turnovers. You need 30 turnovers a year and our talent edge will get you to the playoffs.

graphster
10/11/2015, 09:49 PM
No offense but the wishbone in 1985 wasn't exactly cutting edge either. You don't need anything cutting edge if you can assemble a dominant defense. What is absolutely killing us is our defense can't generate turnovers. You need 30 turnovers a year and our talent edge will get you to the playoffs.

And if you'd hired somebody to install the wishbone in 1985, you'd be making mistake, as evidenced by what happened to us at the end of that decade against Miami.

Chip can win games with his system, but it isn't the major advantage that it was 5-10 years ago.

Sooner70
10/11/2015, 09:53 PM
Here's something kinda perverted.

I live/work in Texas and some alums/fans were actually hoping OU would put a whuppin big time on Texas because it may push Charlie Strong out the door quicker. There's an element that don't think he's a fit, and these aren't just run of the mill fans. These are alums and $$ supporters to the university.

Anyway, now they're ticked off because OU won the game. Strange down here in the Lone Star state.

Sooner70
10/11/2015, 09:55 PM
wups.....I mean they're ticked off because Texas won the game. (first post wishful thinking on my part).

Soonerjeepman
10/11/2015, 10:30 PM
Here's something kinda perverted.

I live/work in Texas and some alums/fans were actually hoping OU would put a whuppin big time on Texas because it may push Charlie Strong out the door quicker. There's an element that don't think he's a fit, and these aren't just run of the mill fans. These are alums and $$ supporters to the university.

Anyway, now they're ticked off because OU won the game. Strange down here in the Lone Star state.

noW that's funny...in a sad sort way~

JLMSOONER
10/12/2015, 07:43 AM
It's a conspiracy and Bob is in on it. He knew this and let tx win so he came beat them up the next few years.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/12/2015, 07:57 AM
I don't want Stoops gone, I just want someone/something to light a fire under his a$$ and have him win the big games. I am sorry, any contract for OU football coach should require victories against saxet and LosuR as requirements for pay raises. These are 2 games, you do not lose. period.

I do not mind hard fought loses, but seems most of Stoops loses are either results of being out-coached or team not ready. This is a coaching issue and should be corrected.

BlownGP
10/12/2015, 09:14 AM
I do not mind hard fought loses, but seems most of Stoops loses are either results of being out-coached or team not ready. This is a coaching issue and should be corrected.

That's my same issue. We can never lose in good fashion. It's either a beat down or it's real easy to see the team doesn't want to play.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/12/2015, 04:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxgblQt72Ng