PDA

View Full Version : How Bad is Norvell Going to Hurt Us?

Judge Smails
10/4/2015, 09:31 PM
The guy has to know a lot of the weaknesses in our defense.

How bad is that going to hurt us?

ourichie
10/4/2015, 10:03 PM
Not at all. This is a completely different team than last year both on Off and Def. About all he'll know is to pick on Sanchez and I dont think that is going to work.

BoulderSooner79
10/4/2015, 10:48 PM
I don't think he knows enough about his new team's capabilities yet to apply that information. He knows Heard can hurt us with his legs, but everyone knows that and that is on improv plays - not much of a game plan.

Breadburner
10/5/2015, 12:42 AM
Lol...Wut....???

dwarthog
10/5/2015, 06:36 AM
I don't think it's any big secret on what to do against our defense. 4 game tapes out there to watch now.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2015, 07:57 AM
Seeing as he is their WR coach also, I am not concerned in the slightest.

KantoSooner
10/5/2015, 08:57 AM
Probly as badly as he stung Baylor last year.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/5/2015, 09:03 AM
If Josh Heupel was still around, it would be more detrimental to the Sooner offense, but since that isn't the case, Norvell now being on Texas staff won't be much of a significant impact.

Pride1Mom
10/5/2015, 09:19 AM
I don't know what Texas has! Their whole program is in a total shambles. Bad snaps from the center, missed field goals, the defense doesn't have a clue what is happening. They have a new QB, but he can't do it all. He can't pass, or the receivers don't know it is a pass play, I can't tell. Soooo, whoever the OC is, it will not matter.....

oupride
10/5/2015, 09:56 AM
@UT_CoachNorvell

FaninAma
10/5/2015, 10:05 AM
The only thing I am worried about is that Texas will circle the wagons for this game as their last hope to salvage anything resembling respectability for their team and that OU might take it lightly.Texas' efforts against California and OSU indicate they have some ability to score. If OU's defense that played 3 of the 4 quarters this past Saturday shows up the whorns have no chance. I keep hearing from whorn fans that TCU has a much better defense than OU. I do not see where they came up with this conclusion based on the past 4 games.

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2015, 10:12 AM
The horn coaches will do everything possible to circle the wagons and challenge the players' pride. But the OU team will not take them lightly.

badger
10/5/2015, 12:11 PM
TCU defense points allowed so far this season:
Minnesota: 17
SFA: 7
SMU: 37
Tech: 52
Jay Norvell's Terxus Whornlongs: 7

Ooo pretty pwese don't hurt us too badwy Mr. Novell, sir! :mack:

:mad: Now seriously, I fully expect that they tanked vs TCU because their fanbase would rather beat OU than TCU and they wrote off last Saturday in favor of performing next Saturday, but still!

thecrimsoncrusader
10/5/2015, 12:55 PM
I doubt Oklahoma will take Texas lightly given how many Oklahoma players are still on the current roster that were part of that 2013 disaster. I'm sure that game is fresh enough on their minds. It also helps that Oklahoma will have an offensive coordinator that will come in with an offensive game-plan that actually makes sense. I have no idea what the thought process was in 2013.

KantoSooner
10/5/2015, 01:22 PM
Trickeration.
Think of what was logical and then do the opposite to baffle your opponent.

Jacie
10/5/2015, 05:25 PM
Unless Norvell is hired by TCU or Baylor sometime soon, I'd say he is not going to cause significant hurt to OUr defense. At this point do you think the whorns have held back anything so they could 'surprise' the Sooners? I expect them to regroup after last week but it won't make a lot of difference except in the final margin of Oklahoma's victory.

sendbaht
10/5/2015, 06:16 PM
Texas is going to play so tight that after the 1st quarter they will give up. Unlike passed game this is going to be another blow out for tx.
I feel sorry for their young men.(NOT). We will see CS talking on his headphones about who knows what when it is 30 to ZIP before 1/2 way through the 2nd quarter.

vtsooner21
10/5/2015, 10:13 PM
Twitter accounts will be lighting up at halftime...lol

Boomer

ouwasp
10/5/2015, 11:14 PM
I figure the Norvell situation is a wash. Bob & Co know his tendencies and philosophies. Norvell knows theirs. Plus, he has insight into Sooner personnel. But that shouldn't be a critical factor.

But this is one of those games I just want to get over with. As lousy as OU has played in the last two RRR games...yet it's the same script this year. The same opportunity for Texsa redemption vs the mighty Sooner Nation.

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2015, 11:36 PM
Bob got feisty at the presser today when it was insinuated OUr guys didn't play well last year. I do agree with Bob that you don't apologize for a win, but I don't think many fans agree the team played well. At least not outside the 3rd qtr. I guess I'd just word it that it's better to learn during a W than an L and that W presented many learning opportunities.

oupride
10/6/2015, 09:17 AM
Bob got feisty at the presser today when it was insinuated OUr guys didn't play well last year. I do agree with Bob that you don't apologize for a win, but I don't think many fans agree the team played well. At least not outside the 3rd qtr. I guess I'd just word it that it's better to learn during a W than an L and that W presented many learning opportunities.

Agree. It won't be a good day for the Horn Fans.

badger
10/6/2015, 10:45 AM
Bob got feisty at the presser today when it was insinuated OUr guys didn't play well last year
There was a lot of not playing well last season. At least against Texas it was a win and not one of our five losses.

I hope we pretend that we're lining up against Orakpo, Vaccaro, fake Roy Williams, Benson, OMG Kasey Studdard, and the other NFL talent that Texas did hardly anything with over the years. Hellllloooooo 65-13/63-14/etcetc

Okie35
10/6/2015, 11:13 AM
Not at all. This is a completely different team than last year both on Off and Def. About all he'll know is to pick on Sanchez and I dont think that is going to work.

He will probably just try to use his aggressiveness against him but it won't hold up.

proudsoonergal
10/6/2015, 02:52 PM
I think we're going to see the SwoopesDozer quite a bit, actually.

Judge Smails
10/10/2015, 02:25 PM
Well, I guess he hurt us pretty bad after all........

BoulderSooner79
10/10/2015, 02:28 PM
Well, I guess he hurt us pretty bad after all........

Once we spotted them a lead, he was smart enough to not try to pass very much. Not rocket surgery, but I'll give him that. I'd be more inclined to credit their DC.

Judge Smails
10/10/2015, 02:55 PM
Once we spotted them a lead, he was smart enough to not try to pass very much. Not rocket surgery, but I'll give him that. I'd be more inclined to credit their DC.

And our O line.

Okie35
10/10/2015, 03:48 PM
Yea once the lead was had he was conservative... We will still have the last laugh as usual ... The record at the end of the year

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/10/2015, 04:06 PM
I doubt Oklahoma will take Texas lightly given how many Oklahoma players are still on the current roster that were part of that 2013 disaster. I'm sure that game is fresh enough on their minds. It also helps that Oklahoma will have an offensive coordinator that will come in with an offensive game-plan that actually makes sense. I have no idea what the thought process was in 2013.Yeah, maybe most of us didn't know, but now we have a pretty good idea what it was in 2013.

TrophyCollector
10/10/2015, 08:10 PM
12 passes, 9 complete, 1TD
58 rushes, most of which seemed to be the same 4 play

Outcoached Mike and Bob with a high school playbook

Unacceptable

Sammalone
10/11/2015, 05:35 AM
Norvell only called the plays, which were mostly runs. I think Texas had about 15 called pass plays...some of which turned into QB scrambles. Texas offense just ran it and dared OU to stop it. Not much strategy there.

TJKDone
10/11/2015, 06:14 AM
Norvell's addition to the Horn offense has been to simplify things. They had 3 first year starters on the offensive line and still shoved it down our throats, putting it mildly. Their DL also beat us all game long, they didn't have to blitz!!!!

Very surprised!