PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo - Baylor assistant coach spotted on Tulsa's sideline against Oklahoma (Dr. Satu

Jenni Carlson
9/21/2015, 02:10 PM
Baylor running backs coach/passing game coordinator Josh Lebby was spotted on the Tulsa sideline during last weekend’s Oklahoma-Tulsa game. Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops was asked about Lebby during his press conference Monday and he said it was a matter for the NCAA. Baylor assistant coach Jeff Lebby was on sideline during OU-Tulsa game. Bob Stoops said that is something for NCAA to deal with. — Carey Murdock (@CareyWWLS) September 21, 2015 Baylor coach Art Briles addressed the matter during his weekly press conference and called the situation “embarrassing.” Art Briles' full statement today on assistant Jeff Lebby standing on sideline for Tulsa-OU game pic.twitter.com/NEyxNqs1aQ — Max Olson (@max_olson) September 21, 2015 Lebby was an Oklahoma signee in 2002, but suffered a career-ending injury. He spent his four years with the Sooners as a student assistant before graduating in 2007. Lebby also is married to Briles’ daughter. Former Oklahoma player J.D. Runnels sent out a series of tweets about Lebby’s presence at the game stating that he’s close with the Tulsa coaching staff, which is led by former Baylor offensive coordinator Phillip Montgomery. “He’s great friends with all Tulsa staff,” Runnels tweeted. “Wanted to show his wife where he played/graduated, see me, etc. “Brought his wife (Briles daughter) & 2 of my good friends up. Left @ halftime. Nothing cray. “I was just hype to see my old roommate. I don’t think he had bad intentions at the game. Hope it works out.” While Lebby might have just been there to see some old friends, the NCAA probably see it that way. His presence on the sideline violates NCAA bylaw 11.6.1. If there was an assistant coach from another Big 12 school on Tulsa’s sidelines, it would violate NCAA bylaw 11.6.1: pic.twitter.com/DinsP86AgO — Jake Trotter (@Jake_Trotter) September 21, 2015 Briles said he would not levy punishment against Lebby. If Lebby is punished by the NCAA, he will be the third Baylor coach to violate NCAA rules already this season . Offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Kendal Briles (son of head coach Art Briles) and wide receivers coach Tate Wallis were suspended for the game against Lamar for an NCAA violation regarding recruiting. Also, the Baylor football program is currently in the midst of an internal investigation by the university into the recruitment of Sam Ukwuachu, a former player who was recently convicted of rape. Oklahoma and Baylor meet No. 14 in Waco, Texas. Last year, Baylor rolled to a 48-14 win. For more Baylor news, visit SicEmSports.com . For more Oklahoma news, visit SoonerScoop.com . - - - - - - - Graham Watson is the editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email her at [email protected] or follow her on Twitter! Follow @YahooDrSaturday And don’t forget to keep up with all of Graham’s thoughts, witty comments and college football discussions on Facebook

More... (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/rss/ncaaf/SIG=146g9r84c/*http%3A//rivals.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/baylor-assistant-coach-spotted-on-tulsa-s-sideline-against-oklahoma-185402502.html)