PDA

View Full Version : MNF Sooner Edition Game 1 Eagles vs Falcons

aurorasooner
9/14/2015, 06:49 PM
Haven't been this excited for MNF since Little Joe went nuts for the old Colts.

Sammy sure throws a nice ball. Even with that WR's head up his azz, Sammy hit him him there. Really good pass too on that seam route. Should've been 6. Nice one-handed EZ pick by the Eagles or they would be down by 10.

arrgh. punting again. Tired of this.

3-zip Falcons.

JLMSOONER
9/14/2015, 07:24 PM
Being from St. Louis and knowing the abuse Sam took here and how the fans disliked him and blamed everything on him, I hope he has a super season with the Eagles.

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/14/2015, 07:55 PM
Sam had a pretty tough first half. His receivers ran some bad routes, and I-lime was terrible. And Murray was ineffective. I hate seeing sproles and some other knucklehead taking snaps over him

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/14/2015, 08:09 PM
And a false start by the online backs them up to their own goaline. Sam needs some help

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/14/2015, 08:16 PM
Penalties! 4 on this drive alone

aurorasooner
9/14/2015, 08:18 PM
I haven't seen this many stupid penalties since Sat Night. It's hard to believe these guys have 4 preseason games under their belts. It might be the most OL holding calls in one game that I've ever seen by the pros.

Eagles on the move even with the penalties.

JLMSOONER
9/14/2015, 08:19 PM
Sammy sure throws a nice ball. Even with that WR's head up his azz, Sammy hit him him there. Really good pass too on that seam route. Should've been 6. Nice one-handed EZ pick by the Eagles or they would be down by 10.

Sammie does throw a nice ball. I wish Sam would go to Norman and work with Mayfield. I love Mayfield's grit, energy and getting things done, but he can't throw a ball without a wobble.

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/14/2015, 08:20 PM
Td eagles!! Bradford to Murray' reminds me of the good ole days!!

aurorasooner
9/14/2015, 08:20 PM
Score, Sammy to DM. We've got a game
Sammie does throw a nice ball. I wish Sam would go to Norman and work with Mayfield. I love Mayfield's grit, energy and getting things done, but he can't throw a ball without a wobble. That fade route to Shep for 6 sure looked like a good spiral. I saw a pic yesterday of BM about ready to throw it, and he wasn't holding the ball by the laces because the laces were clearly visible facing opposite him in the pic. I don't know if it was a very quick pop pass where getting it out fast was more important than the grip though.

rock on sooner
9/14/2015, 08:45 PM
Td eagles!! Bradford to Murray' reminds me of the good ole days!!

Every replay shows Sam with a tight spiral on his throws, on the money...good
quick release, DM there as well...looks like the game plan is short, quick...a few yards
at a time....fun to watch...

aurorasooner
9/14/2015, 08:53 PM
I've never seen any RB's legs move faster than D. Sproles. That dude doesn't have any stride at all but he can sure pick them up and lay them down.

damn, Julio got loose for a big gain again.

SoonerMarkVA
9/14/2015, 08:55 PM
Julio is a freak. Sure wish he'd come to OU.

JLMSOONER
9/14/2015, 09:01 PM
Sammie is on fire!

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/14/2015, 09:04 PM
Missed fg to take the lead. Eagles should have just ran it . They were moving the ball.

aurorasooner
9/14/2015, 09:09 PM
3rd and one for Atlanta and the Eagles stuff it with a M Stoops run blitz. Helluva game. Sammy's going to get his chance. I wouldn't be surprised with all these short passes if he doesn't take a deep shot.

JLMSOONER
9/14/2015, 09:17 PM
That fade route to Shep for 6 sure looked like a good spiral.

I'll give you that one. Most had a little wobble. That's ok, some QB's don't throw tight spirals, but Sam does for sure.

aurorasooner
9/14/2015, 09:24 PM
Cheet. Right in the receivers hands and he bricks it for a tip pick 6 game ender. I know that pick goes against Sammy, but sheeesh, it couldn't have been thrown any better, imo.

Gawd, SF unis look butt ugly.

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/14/2015, 09:30 PM
Yeah that last int was all Jordan Matthews. Right through his hands, off his helmet, falls into the safety's lap.

Miners jerseys look ugly as he'll. and their cheerleaders look like batman.

Pumped to see AD

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/14/2015, 09:30 PM
Why do they call him AD, when his initials are AP?

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/14/2015, 09:34 PM
Wow. Blocked FG by the vikes, here comes AD

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/14/2015, 09:35 PM
Or not.

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/14/2015, 09:36 PM
What a waste of possession. Bridge water with three terrible throws. AD didn't touch ball. Vikes miss a fg

Soonerjeepman
9/14/2015, 10:13 PM
Missed fg to take the lead. Eagles should have just ran it . They were moving the ball.

no, Sammie should have thrown it...they didn't stop him throwing.

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/14/2015, 10:54 PM
Whatever. Point being, they shouldn't have attempted the fg.

Soonerjeepman
9/14/2015, 11:03 PM
Whatever. Point being, they shouldn't have attempted the fg.

lol...yes

I heard, not sure if it was right, the eagles had 13 yards rushing...Murray had 9 Matthews 4...maybe it was late in the game.

Soonerjeepman
9/14/2015, 11:04 PM
Yeah that last int was all Jordan Matthews. Right through his hands, off his helmet, falls into the safety's lap.

Miners jerseys look ugly as he'll. and their cheerleaders look like batman.

Pumped to see AD
I was thinking Catwoman...spandex on some women is a good thing!

olevetonahill
9/14/2015, 11:06 PM
Is this gonna be replayed? Soon?

bluedogok
9/15/2015, 01:55 PM
It will be on NFL Network some time this week.

As bad as most teams (mostly offenses) looked this weekend it really shows that the preseason is worthless. They only seem to use it for the back end of the roster and practice squad guys.

FaninAma
9/15/2015, 02:25 PM
Chip Kelly is a decent x&o's coach but a terrible game time coach. Why the heck do you have the reigning NFL rushing champion on the sideline and then proceded to rush the ball 2 times without gaining the necessary yard for the first down? I understand he is trying to save on the wear and tear on murray but I have a bad feeling Kelly has decided Demarco doesn't fit his offense well. I am also of the opinion that Demarco should have never left Dallas and it's all-world offensive line. I wonder if his agent influenced him or if Demarco was a little butt hurt over all the love Jerry Jones wass giving Dez Bryant after the season last year.

cvsooner
9/15/2015, 03:25 PM
I am also of the opinion that Demarco left Dallas and it's all-world offensive line. I wonder if his agent influenced him or if Demarco was a little butt hurt over all the love Jerry Jones wass giving Dez Bryant after the season last year.

Your opinion seems spot on.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13630818/how-dallas-decision-tag-dez-bryant-not-demarco-murray-upset-nfl-balance-power

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/15/2015, 03:29 PM
Chip Kelly is a decent x&o's coach but a terrible game time coach. Why the heck do you have the reigning NFL rushing champion on the sideline and then proceded to rush the ball 2 times without gaining the necessary yard for the first down?

He didn't want to sub and allow Atlanta to sub. Not saying he was right, just saying why.

aurorasooner
9/15/2015, 05:29 PM
The Eagles spent $53.5 million in free agency last offseason on running backs, luring starting running backs Murray away from the Cowboys and Ryan Mathews away from the San Diego Chargers. Philadelphia coach Chip Kelly wanted fresh, productive legs for his fast-paced offense and was willing to guarantee $26.5 million for Murray and Mathews to supply them.

But they combined for only 13 yards on 11 carries in their Philadelphia debut. The most productive runner was inexpensive (by comparison) holdover Darren Sproles, who gained 50 yards on five carries against the Falcons.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/columnists/rick-gosselin/20150915-gosselin-cowboys-miss-demarco-murray-but-not-as-much-as-murray-misses-cowboys.ece

cvsooner
9/15/2015, 08:06 PM
He didn't want to sub and allow Atlanta to sub. Not saying he was right, just saying why.

The bigger question I have is the Falcons were gassed and Bradford was something like 20 of 21 at that point in the second half. They needed a yard, but no play action? Dumb. And then it still comes down to Mathews--who in fairness played really well--dropped a pass he should have caught. Catch the look on Bradford's face? "Sorry, didn't mean to hit you in the hands."