PDA

View Full Version : Big Game Bob?

BigTip
9/12/2015, 11:46 PM
Can we say it again...without the sarcastic sneer (like folks have been doing in recent years)?

Maybe so.

Now if he can just win the "little" games too!

BoulderSooner79
9/12/2015, 11:52 PM
#19 vs #23 - medium game Bob?

:sneakiness:

Eielson
9/12/2015, 11:56 PM
Just call him the SEC killer.

Therealsouthsider
9/13/2015, 12:11 AM
....I'm just glad we can put the media drumbeat to rest about OU "playing on the road in the sec, in front of the largest crowd they've ever seen"

.....check and check

ss

olevetonahill
9/13/2015, 01:03 AM
We Won! what else needs said?

birddog
9/13/2015, 01:05 AM
Samajic Perine? thanks, folks youve been lovely this evening.

soonergirlNeugene
9/13/2015, 01:55 AM
Bob, Mike, and Striker are right about the continued SEC lovefest. I'm thankful that as much as our team has struggled lately, we've been able to back up that criticism.
In case you thought that would make any difference however, I submit the SEC Network's postgame coverage of the Tennessee game:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:13643240

And I thought the regular commentary was stupid..

BigTip
9/13/2015, 07:36 AM
#19 vs #23 - medium game Bob?

:sneakiness:

lol, Big TV spotlight, hostile road environment, ranked opponent, SEC (oooo, I' SO scared!) etc. It counts I think. As does last year's Vol's game and certainly 'bama before that.

It was just so great to have some Sooner Magic (luck, fortune, skill at the right time, whatever) happen for a change.

Widescreen
9/13/2015, 08:11 AM
In case you thought that would make any difference however, I submit the SEC Network's postgame coverage of the Tennessee game:

Yeah, that was pretty one-sided. Although the game was pretty one-sided until the 4th quarter.

SoonerMarkVA
9/13/2015, 08:13 AM

That was pathetic. There's being a homer, and then there's stuff like that.

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/13/2015, 08:26 AM
Never surprised by that kind of **** anymore. I just laugh at it now. We won they lost. No amount of super-homerism is going to change that.

Besides, apart from the sec love feet, those commentators we just bad. I mean, they weren't very good at their job.

BlownGP
9/13/2015, 09:29 AM
Yeah, that was pretty one-sided. Although the game was pretty one-sided until the 4th quarter.

Yeah, can't argue with that.. hahaah

But it's not funny I they so excited with the Tennessee plays.

Then the mayfield pass to perine. There like blaahh

ouduckhunter
9/13/2015, 09:52 AM
I lean more towards Big Game Players than Big Game Bob, but at least we seem to be trending in a more positive direction. Suck it SEC!

Jacie
9/13/2015, 10:34 AM
After 3 quarters of watching Mayfield complete less than 30% of his passes, unless you count the 2 INT's, being repeatedly chased out of the pocket and running like a scared deer as his pass protection broke down again and again, who do you think made the decision to leave him in during the crucial 4th quarter?

BIG GAME BOB

The man earned his money and his moniker last night.

Go Sooners!

SoCalBigRed
9/13/2015, 10:42 AM
"Tennessee offense scored 17 points then decided to put on the brakes..."

Naw, OU defense didn't have anything to do with it. Amazing how SEC teams lose games, others never beat them. They gave it away, didn't have enough gas, etc.

No, they got beat by a better team who was playing a sloppy 2nd game, new QB, new system, hostile environment. They never gave up.

Amazing how ESPeoN can make such a stellar loss highlight real.

bluedogok
9/13/2015, 12:34 PM
Never surprised by that kind of **** anymore. I just laugh at it now. We won they lost. No amount of super-homerism is going to change that.

Besides, apart from the sec love feet, those commentators we just bad. I mean, they weren't very good at their job.
That is why they are on SEC Network instead of the mother ship of ESPN.

Okie35
9/13/2015, 01:10 PM
After 3 quarters of watching Mayfield complete less than 30% of his passes, unless you count the 2 INT's, being repeatedly chased out of the pocket and running like a scared deer as his pass protection broke down again and again, who do you think made the decision to leave him in during the crucial 4th quarter?

BIG GAME BOB

The man earned his money and his moniker last night.

Go Sooners!

Yea his record percentage against non conference is 3rd all time in history and he's 25-7 against the sec is very damn good

SoonerOX
9/13/2015, 04:45 PM
Bob, Mike, and Striker are right about the continued SEC lovefest. I'm thankful that as much as our team has struggled lately, we've been able to back up that criticism.

All I heard were excuses.

VA Sooner
9/13/2015, 05:04 PM
Was it my imagination or was Butch Jones annoyed with Erick Striker when the game was over and he was saying something to Striker who gave him the cold shoulder and went about his business of taunting the crowd

SoonerStormchaser
9/13/2015, 05:13 PM
Just call him the SEC killer.

Except when it REALLY counts...see: MNC games for 2003 and 2008.

But I'll take the W, nonetheless...

VA Sooner
9/13/2015, 06:15 PM
Was it my imagination or was Butch Jones annoyed with Erick Striker when the game was over and he was saying something to Striker who gave him the cold shoulder and went about his business of taunting the crowd

Never mind... just found this article...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13643973/tennessee-volunteers-coach-butch-jones-confronts-oklahoma-sooners-defensive-end-eric-striker-loss