Snrinhouston
9/12/2015, 08:12 PM
Gritty player. Lotta heart.

Okie35
9/12/2015, 09:07 PM
Yea once he gets a rhythm he can sling it

BoulderSooner79
9/12/2015, 09:10 PM
Doesn't get down when things are not going well - and he had plenty of chances to do just that.

soonercastor
9/12/2015, 09:10 PM
Can't bring him down.

Ben Roethlisberger-esque

SoonerorLater
9/12/2015, 09:28 PM
Demeanor-wise Mayfield reminds me of Joe Montana. If you looked at Montana on the sidelines you couldn't tell if he just threw an interception or completed one for a touchdown. It was all about the next possession like he had no short term memory.

TrueBornSooner
9/12/2015, 09:32 PM
He's still too inconsistent. Way too many overthrows. That will burn us if he doesn't learn to calm down soon. Otherwise, great example of Sooner Magic!

SoCalBigRed
9/12/2015, 09:34 PM
He's still too inconsistent. Way too many overthrows. That will burn us if he doesn't learn to calm down soon. Otherwise, great example of Sooner Magic!

If he's got Sooner Magic on his side, with that talent level.

It'll work itself out.

BoulderSooner79
9/12/2015, 09:37 PM

We got who we got. Compared to TK, Mayfield is an upgrade and more entertaining to watch. It is just a game after all.

SoonerMarkVA
9/12/2015, 09:39 PM

Considering half the night he was running for his life, I don't think you can conclude that. I'd like to see what he could do with a bit of protection, and some receivers (OTHER than Shep) who hang on to the dang ball!

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/12/2015, 09:42 PM
It's going to be a love hate thing with him. I told my wife that he reminds me of tebow. Hear me out. Tebow wasn't the best college QB. Not the most accurate, but he finds a way to make **** happen. That little jump pass to perine for a td, scrambling out of pressure. He definable has his flaws, and he may drive us nuts, but he is scrappy, works hard, and never quits.

SoonerMarkVA
9/12/2015, 09:56 PM
It's going to be a love hate thing with him. I told my wife that he reminds me of tebow. Hear me out. Tebow wasn't the best college QB. Not the most accurate, but he finds a way to make **** happen. That little jump pass to perine for a td, scrambling out of pressure. He definable has his flaws, and he may drive us nuts, but he is scrappy, works hard, and never quits.

Makes me think of ol' Jake "The Snake" in his ASU days. Very, very slippery and a damn baller!

BoulderSooner79
9/12/2015, 09:59 PM

I won't hate a player that puts it out there like that. If he's got limits, so be it as long as he practices hard and plays hard.

Therealsouthsider
9/12/2015, 10:07 PM
I won't hate a player that puts it out there like that. If he's got limits, so be it as long as he practices hard and plays hard.

....everyone is quick to judge or critique but seem to overlook the fact that he is very early in his college career

ss

swardboy
9/12/2015, 10:13 PM
Who am I to criticize Baker? I do wish he'd stay in the pocket a bit longer in many cases though.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/13/2015, 08:02 AM
The kid has moxey!

Eielson
9/13/2015, 08:55 AM
We got who we got. Compared to TK, Mayfield is an upgrade and more entertaining to watch. It is just a game after all.

The only thing Baker has proven to be better at than TK is beating up on bad opponents. They're both really up and down, and I don't think I would call last nights performance impressive. It was a gutsy finish, and that's exciting, but it was an overall poor performance. I hope he has a great year, though, and I'm not calling for TK back in the starting lineup.

CatfishSooner
9/13/2015, 09:28 AM
The only thing Baker has proven to be better at than TK is beating up on bad opponents. They're both really up and down, and I don't think I would call last nights performance impressive. It was a gutsy finish, and that's exciting, but it was an overall poor performance. I hope he has a great year, though, and I'm not calling for TK back in the starting lineup.

BS...I think considering the circumstances, Baker had a great game... a lot of the **** in the first half was not his fault (penalties, drops, no protection, etc.)... I'm impressed with his smart decision making & ability to continue playing regardless of what happened last play...

Therealsouthsider
9/13/2015, 11:36 AM

....crapola...Tennessee is not a bad opponent, his first pick was a deflection, had a lot of impressive throws that were spot on and with touch, extended and kept plays alive....most importantly he was a leader....and then he did the whip

....it was his second start....judge at the end of the year

ss

Soonerus
9/13/2015, 11:40 AM
We lose that game if Trevor Knight was the QB...it is that simple....

Therealsouthsider
9/13/2015, 11:44 AM

....the only other OU QB that wins that game in the Stoops era is Heuple

sss

hawaii 5-0
9/13/2015, 11:50 AM
Let's play that the OL matures quickly.

For awhile I thot that Phil Loadholt was back at left tackle with all the false starts.

5-0

SoonerMarkVA
9/13/2015, 12:24 PM

There it is.

Okie35
9/13/2015, 01:19 PM

Mayfield is pretty accurate though, I honestly think he enjoys a challenge. With that line it's hard to not be accurate. Once he found his footing he went 11-14 103 and 3 TDs ... Even against Akron once baker got going he was really on the $$$ Tebow wasn't that accurate but the competitive drive reminds me of Tebow.

JLMSOONER
9/13/2015, 08:09 PM
I was trying to figure out who Mayfield reminded me off and just occurred to me it was Duece Bigelow.