PDA

View Full Version : kicker-punter & Misc

papawlambert
9/11/2015, 10:42 AM
Man, It looks like you did get your kicker-punter. That is great. I've been a fan of Baker Mayfield since the Lake Travis days. I have posted my support of him on various forums. He is the real deal. I've got real money on the Sooners this weekend. This may be the Sooner's year.
Yes, my Grandson is still kicking for the Mountaineers. He was one of the 3 Lou Groza Finalist last year. He set or tied 4 NCAA records last year. I hope he has another great year. Sorry for the bragging, but I think you understand.
I have and will always be a OU fan, but I have to pull away for the game with WVU.

aurorasooner
9/11/2015, 01:28 PM
Man, It looks like you did get your kicker-punter. That is great. I've been a fan of Baker Mayfield since the Lake Travis days. I have posted my support of him on various forums. He is the real deal. I've got real money on the Sooners this weekend. This may be the Sooner's year.
Yes, my Grandson is still kicking for the Mountaineers. He was one of the 3 Lou Groza Finalist last year. He set or tied 4 NCAA records last year. I hope he has another great year. Sorry for the bragging, but I think you understand.
I have and will always be a OU fan, but I have to pull away for the game with WVU.
Yep, can't fault you for pullin' for West Virginny in your situation.

As far as Von Sei-foot goes, he may kick an 80 yard punt early with the adrenalin going Sat Night. I just hope he doesn't out-kick our coverage or he kicks it OB or all that Neyland crowd noise doesn't put some kind of invisible sonic ceiling above the field. While most of our fans rave about his FG kicking abilities, and so far rightfully so, our best first qtr offensive weapon may be his punting until our O-Coordinator gets a feel for what's working.

I do think special teams play/field position especially in the 1st Qtr/1st half may be a game changer. The last several seasons have sort of been painfully underwhelming as far as our punt return game. Seems like we'd rather play it safe and fair-catch the ball to avoid any mistakes, injuries or penalties.
Our KO return game has been very good though with Ross. If we receive the opening KO, it would be a good way for us to quiet the supposedly "loudest stadium known to man" by Ross taking it to the house. However, it seems like when we get a special team's TD, instead of putting the hammer down for a 3 and out, our D relaxes, goes belly up and gives up some kind of cheap TD.
If Tennessee receives the ball, I sure wouldn't mind seeing a film-study defensive designed pick-pocket pick-6 like we had against the Corn/Clownahan at Owen field. Man, their QB wasn't for chit after that pick. I would settle for a solid 3 and out, though.