PDA

View Full Version : Any Tulsa Fans? Anyone Watch Their Game?

SicEmBaylor
9/8/2015, 02:18 PM
Did anyone watch the Tulas game? Any Tulsa fans? I'm interested to know what you thought of Monty's HC'ing debut. They were playing a bad FAU team, but they showed a lot of promise. I don't follow Tulsa enough to compare them to last year's team

oudanny
9/8/2015, 02:52 PM
I wasn't at the game but a good friend of mine who is a big TU supporter was. He saw some improvement (Tulsa lost by 30 last year to FAU) but there are still some huge holes to fill especially on defense. The offense racked up a lot of yards but the qb made some critical mistakes. My friend says it will take time to upgrade the talent but he is optimistic. They play New Mexico this week which should be a good indicator of how far they have to go.

badger
9/8/2015, 04:05 PM
I think their only conference victory last year was in overtime, so I don't think anyone's ready to host another conference championship game quite yet here in Tulsa. However, I think TU fans are happy with the win and optimistic (but realistic) about the future with Philip Montgomery, knowing full well if he succeeds here he'll be gone faster than you can say "Todd Graham"

Breadburner
9/8/2015, 07:09 PM
Texas should hire Montgomery asap....