PDA

View Full Version : A question About Mental illness

olevetonahill
9/3/2015, 07:45 PM
Is a Person mentally ill that is undergoing Shock therapy?

Have a real need to know,
Some one i know recently got so mad he said he had to go home and fire 2 of his guns, Then he tells me today he had to go for shock therapy. Said he had to wear a depends and bite down on a leather strap.

Serenity Now
9/3/2015, 08:36 PM
I thought that therapy had been considered outdated.

Turd_Ferguson
9/3/2015, 08:37 PM

Some one i know recently got so mad he said he had to go home and fire 2 of his guns, Then he tells me today he had to go for shock therapy. Said he had to wear a depends and bite down on a leather strap.

Not sure, but I'd stay the hell away from Beer:D:D

olevetonahill
9/3/2015, 08:41 PM
Not sure, but I'd stay the hell away from Beer:D:D

beer Crazy but he aint that nuckin futs LOl
SN no i looked it up and its coming back as adopted therapy.

Im concerned this dude may go off and and I dont want any ones Guns taken away but I dont want a Looney having em either.

yermom
9/3/2015, 08:45 PM
Yeah, that sounds bad.

BoulderSooner79
9/3/2015, 09:23 PM
It certainly takes a diagnosis of some kind of mental disorder for ECT to be approved. A friend of mine's teenage daughter underwent ECT and I believe it was for bipolar disorder. Since this guy chooses to go shoot guns to calm his anger, I'd be real wary too.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/4/2015, 08:33 AM

Yes, maybe. I had a deceased family member who I think today would be diagnosed something of a Bi-Polar disorder. they would have wild swings from manic to depressive. If her drugs didn't work, and she was wildly depressive/aggressive she would go in for shock treatment. This was 40 years ago, but she would feel and act better afterwards. The only downside is that her short term memory would be fried and it would take a while for some long term memory to return. I think they are much better at dialing in these things today and reduce the side effects.

olevetonahill
9/4/2015, 08:39 AM
Yes, maybe. I had a deceased family member who I think today would be diagnosed something of a Bi-Polar disorder. they would have wild swings from manic to depressive. If her drugs didn't work, and she was wildly depressive/aggressive she would go in for shock treatment. This was 40 years ago, but she would feel and act better afterwards. The only downside is that her short term memory would be fried and it would take a while for some long term memory to return. I think they are much better at dialing in these things today and reduce the side effects.

See the Maybe deal has me stumped, This guy just moved here from out of state, Why?i wonder? Dont know him well but from the 1st time I met him i knew things were a bit "OFF"

I am the last person to want to cause anyone problems, But Im a bit concerned about the safety of neighbors. Me not so much I been taking care of this old hide of mine for a lot of years.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/4/2015, 08:44 AM
'vet, my hedge is that I am not a physician, so don't know treatment protocol. I cannot imagine someone wanting to go do this without a medical reason, but then... Unless you have a set up in your own home, I don't think you can go to a medical place and have it done without standing Dr. orders.