PDA

View Full Version : pokes & Chippewas

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/3/2015, 06:27 PM
Boring...

3-0 pokes

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/3/2015, 06:29 PM
Chippewa throw int first throw of their first possession, on the 20 yd line. Then hold pokes to a fg

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/3/2015, 06:35 PM
Poke secondary and pash rush look hideous

olevetonahill
9/3/2015, 07:12 PM
Poke secondary and pash rush,Offense and uniforms, look hideous
FIFY

Turd_Ferguson
9/3/2015, 07:20 PM
I think that announcer really like the word "cog".

deweydw
9/3/2015, 07:23 PM
A co worker who is a poke fan kept telling they are gonna suck this year. From what I've seen so far, he may be right.

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/3/2015, 07:53 PM
They look like a powerhouse

OU Adonis
9/3/2015, 07:58 PM
Hey lets give their opponent some credit. Their uniforms have Michigan on it.

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/3/2015, 08:50 PM
They were the top defense in the MAC last year

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/3/2015, 08:57 PM
Horny toads beating the go-fers 10-0

Therealsouthsider
9/3/2015, 09:23 PM
....underwhelmed

ss

aurorasooner
9/3/2015, 10:02 PM
I guess Heupel's debut as Utah State's OC isn't too swift. I just checked the scores and Utah State is losing at halftime to Southern Utah 9 to 5. I know he probably doesn't have much to work with at Utah State, but Southern Utah, sheesh.

Halftime
Southern Utah
(0-0)
6 3 - - 9
Utah State
(0-0)
5 0 - - 5

Salt City Sooner
9/3/2015, 11:49 PM
I guess Heupel's debut as Utah State's OC isn't too swift. I just checked the scores and Utah State is losing at halftime to Southern Utah 9 to 5. I know he probably doesn't have much to work with at Utah State, but Southern Utah, sheesh.

Halftime
Southern Utah
(0-0)
6 3 - - 9
Utah State
(0-0)
5 0 - - 5
I don't know what else is there, but I do know that Chucky Keeton's still there (although IIRC he did hurt his knee last year).

Oh, & Utah St. pulled it out, 12-9, on a 88 yd. punt return w/ 2 minutes to go.

aurorasooner
9/4/2015, 06:49 AM
I don't know what else is there, but I do know that Chucky Keeton's still there (although IIRC he did hurt his knee last year).

Oh, & Utah St. pulled it out, 12-9, on a 88 yd. punt return w/ 2 minutes to go.

I had hoped that Heupel would "knock it out of the park" as an OC for Utah State for obvious reasons, and that it was Norvell, since he's now a whorn, responsible for that ridiculous Boo Blake type chain-of-command offensive system that we were supposedly using last year of our offensive plays having to go thru several coach's approval before being sent into our QBs, or even Bob being in that loop and not being "all there mentally" possibly caused by some pain killers that he was taking for his hip before he had the hip replacement in the off-season, causing that meer-kat indecision/late-play-calls/early TOs.

I guess Utah State plays Utah next Friday Night (Friday night before our Tennessee game) on ESPN-2, so we'll be able to see Heupel's Utah State offense and if it resembles our meer-kat pitiful offense of the previous couple of years. Since Utah handled Michigan last night, that game should draw some Sooner interest, especially if our offense is hitting on all cylinders out of the gate this Saturday and we hang at least half-a-hundred on X-ray Chuck Amato's Zips' defense. Seems like we had a pretty good fark thread about Amato and his sunglasses several years ago when he was the NC State head coach.

Friday, September 11th

Utah State at Utah 8:00 pm ESPN2

TheHumanAlphabet
9/4/2015, 08:36 AM
They look like a powerhouse

Greatest Offense in the world...

BigTip
9/4/2015, 09:00 AM
Yes, underwhelmed by the pokies is a good description.

Likewise by the horny froggies. Even though the talking heads were trying to say Minnesota is "a better team than most think."

BlownGP
9/4/2015, 09:09 AM
Dramatic Chipmunk... hahahahaahaha
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COBxueMWcAAvq0T.png:large

Tear Down This Wall
9/4/2015, 09:57 AM
Yes, underwhelmed by the pokies is a good description.

Likewise by the horny froggies. Even though the talking heads were trying to say Minnesota is "a better team than most think."

TCU is mediocre at best; way overhyped, for sure. Again, if TCU is supposedly the best the Big 12 is offering these days....

olevetonahill
9/4/2015, 10:32 AM
TCU is mediocre at best; way overhyped, for sure. Again, if TCU is supposedly the best the Big 12 is offering these days....

TDTW, If OU goes all the way and wins the Big one this year will you say something nice about em then?:cheerful:

Tear Down This Wall
9/4/2015, 11:00 AM
TDTW, If OU goes all the way and wins the Big one this year will you say something nice about em then?:cheerful:

That's been my point all along: as crappy as this conference is, there is no reason - other than ineptitude among the coaches - for Oklahoma not to be in the race to win it every year.

Same can be said for Texas. As much money as they have and we have for coaching staffs and facilities, and that garbage down at TCU and Baylor leads to conference. It's embarrassing.

TCU is hyped all off-season, 17 point favorite, almost craps themselves on national television to a the garbage Minnesota program. Horrible.

Pride1Mom
9/4/2015, 11:15 AM
It looked to me that OSU will miss Tyrec (?) Hill. It wasn't Randolph that beat OU, it was the stupid OU coaches decision......

badger
9/4/2015, 11:21 AM
While I could make jokes in reference to the Sports Illustrated botched investigation that said OSU players did certain things before lackluster opponents that they wouldn't do before real ones (spoiler: smoke weed), I really didn't expect them to show off their full arsenal of trick plays against a mid-minor MAC school, even if it was on the road, even if it was on national TV on opening "weekend."

And for those of you expecting Emperor Palpatine to utter "Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!" before the "Air Raid" takes the field Saturday... hahahahahahahahaha it won't be Force Friday anymore. We will not be "firing at will, commander." We will be doing no trick plays, nor jamming their communication systems (as fun as that would be).

In a nutshell, be nice to Poke. You haven't seen what we're about to not-do.

BoulderSooner79
9/4/2015, 01:10 PM
I forgot how ugly first CFB games can be and last night reminded me. OSU and TCU looked like they should still be in fall camp. I even stayed up to watch the 1st qtr of the CU/Hawaii game since I'm on the west coast and they looked like the worst coached teams I've ever seen (with CU "winning" the worst competition). Sounds like that Utah St. game was even uglier. Hope OUr guys looked more polished.

Soonerjeepman
9/4/2015, 02:10 PM
Poke secondary and pash rush look hideous

Jake from state farm?...

KantoSooner
9/4/2015, 02:17 PM
Jake.
From State Farm.
He's a guy.

Soonerjeepman
9/4/2015, 04:23 PM
lol...someone got it. I can't help thinking of that every time I see hideous....

Mazeppa
9/4/2015, 08:12 PM

TCU scored two TD's against that mighty Gopher "D".

BigTip
9/4/2015, 09:52 PM
khakis