PDA

View Full Version : Briles denies knowledge of Ukwauchu's violent history. Peterson calls him a liar.

manateepower
8/21/2015, 04:33 PM
If this is true, Briles should be fired. Never liked the guy, players are dirty (oakman hit on Knight just one of many examples), but this is far worse:

http://deadspin.com/former-boise-state-head-coach-art-briles-knew-all-abou-1725679767

Curly Bill
8/21/2015, 04:39 PM
Briles has been sleazy dating back to his time in high school football in Texas.

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 04:39 PM
Actually, no.

Briles said that Peterson never mentioned anything in SU's history about domestic violence.
Peterson said that he told Briles everything that was in SU's disciplinary record.

If domestic violence/sexual assault wasn't in the disciplinary record then both Peterson and Briles are telling the truth. Peterson and CAB's statements are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 04:40 PM
Briles has been sleazy dating back to his time in high school football.

Got any evidence of that? Otherwise, just STFU.

Curly Bill
8/21/2015, 04:41 PM

Did you know him back then, or deal with him at all like I did? If not you just STFU.

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 04:42 PM
In fact, as a commenter pointed out, the girl never informed the university of SU's assault; therefore, the discipline issues on record had to do with depression and other behavioral problems and not the sexual assault which is 100% in line with what Briles said. Briles said Peterson made him aware of issues having mainly to do with depression. That's precisely what would have been in the disciplinary record that Peterson made him aware of.

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 04:43 PM
Did you know him back then, or deal with him at all like I did? If not you just STFU.
I'm waiting on that evidence.

Curly Bill
8/21/2015, 04:44 PM
I'm waiting on that evidence.

You can keep waiting. Mainly because I don't give a flying f*ck what you're waiting on!

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 04:45 PM
You can keep waiting. Mainly because I don't give a flying f*ck what you're waiting on!
Got it. Your statement was baseless bull**** -- just so everyone is aware.

Curly Bill
8/21/2015, 04:46 PM
Got it. Your statement was baseless bull**** -- just so everyone is aware.

If that makes you feel better about things, sure. ;)

Curly Bill
8/21/2015, 04:47 PM
I do admire your devotion to the sleazy bastard though. You got a little shrine set up somewhere we should know about?

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 04:50 PM
I do admire your devotion to the sleazy bastard though. You got a little shrine set up somewhere we should know about?

Any evidence yet of that sleaze?

Curly Bill
8/21/2015, 04:51 PM
Any evidence yet of that sleaze?

Were you not able to comprehend what I typed above?

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 04:54 PM
Were you not able to comprehend what I typed above?

I comprehended just fine.

I could say that I once walked in on your father blowing and getting a facial from Magic Johnson. I don't have a damned bit of evidence to support that absurdity, but I can say it as if it's true.

Curly Bill
8/21/2015, 04:57 PM

I could say that I once walked in on your father blowing and getting a facial from Magic Johnson. I don't have a damned bit of evidence to support that absurdity, but I can say it as if it's true.

Awesome! Here's your cookie.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/21/2015, 05:17 PM
Actually, no.

Briles said that Peterson never mentioned anything in SU's history about domestic violence.
Peterson said that he told Briles everything that was in SU's disciplinary record.

If domestic violence/sexual assault wasn't in the disciplinary record then both Peterson and Briles are telling the truth. Peterson and CAB's statements are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

In documents from May 2013 obtained by Texas Monthly, Marc Paul, the assistant athletics director at Boise State University, recounts advising to Ukwuachu’s then-girlfriend in Boise that she stay away from the house the two shared for several nights, after he put his fist through a window while drunk. Paul also makes plans for how to get police protection for the couple’s other housemate, who received threatening text messages from Ukwuachu. Handwritten notes in a document from a Boise State source also refer to times that Ukwuachu would get verbally abusive over “small irritants” like a spilled drink, and note that the woman he lived with acknowledged that she would “probably not” admit it if the abuse were physical. It ends with the words “NOT healthy relationship!” underlined.

Following the incident with the window, Ukwuachu—just a year removed from his Freshman All-American season—was kicked off the team by Boise State head coach Chris Petersen for repeated violations of team rules.

I'm not a lawyer, but that sounds a wee bit like domestic violence.

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 05:22 PM
In documents from May 2013 obtained by Texas Monthly, Marc Paul, the assistant athletics director at Boise State University, recounts advising to Ukwuachu’s then-girlfriend in Boise that she stay away from the house the two shared for several nights, after he put his fist through a window while drunk. Paul also makes plans for how to get police protection for the couple’s other housemate, who received threatening text messages from Ukwuachu. Handwritten notes in a document from a Boise State source also refer to times that Ukwuachu would get verbally abusive over “small irritants” like a spilled drink, and note that the woman he lived with acknowledged that she would “probably not” admit it if the abuse were physical. It ends with the words “NOT healthy relationship!” underlined.

Following the incident with the window, Ukwuachu—just a year removed from his Freshman All-American season—was kicked off the team by Boise State head coach Chris Petersen for repeated violations of team rules.

I'm not a lawyer, but that sounds a wee bit like domestic violence.

I'm not a lawyer either, but it doesn't sound at all like domestic violence except when you put those acts into the context of actions that were (at that point) unknown. On their own, it doesn't seem much worse than the fact he had a really bad temper that needed to be better controlled. A temper that very well could have been the result of the depression that Peterson advised Briles was an issue.

I'm sure a lot of athletes have let their temper get the better of them and smashed their first through a wall or two. The letters and texts are concerning, but they're a ways away from sexual assault.

manateepower
8/21/2015, 05:26 PM
Actually, no.

Petersen states that he "thoroughly apprised Coach Briles of the circumstances surrounding Sam's disciplinary record and dismissal."

Ukwuanchi was dismissed due to a string of violent incidents of violence against women at Boise State. You're assuming that Peterson just left that out when briefing briles, which is absurd.

To make matters worse, there is now an article on texasmonthly.com that quote Phil Bennet as saying that he expected Ukwuachu to play this season after he was indicted in 2013. So even if we were to believe that Baylor had absolutely no idea of this guys past, they kept in on the football team, and were planning to play him almost TWO YEARS after the assault.

How are you going to spin this one?

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 05:34 PM
Petersen states that he "thoroughly apprised Coach Briles o the circumstances surrounding Sam's disciplinary record and dismissal."

Ukwuanchi was dismissed due to a string of violent incidents of violence against women at Boise State. You're assuming that Peterson just left that out when briefing briles, which is absurd.

To make matters worse, there is now an article on texasmonthly.com that quote Phil Bennet as saying that he expected to play this season after he was indicted in 2013. So even if we were to believe that Baylor had absolutely no idea of this guys past, they kept in on the football team, and were planning to play him almost TWO YEARS after the assault.

How are you going to spin this one?

Boise State has not publicly said why he was dismissed from the team other than 'violating team rules.' I don't know what those violations were; however, we do know that his then girlfriend never alerted Boise State to issues that evidently existed.

He was suspended from the team in 2014. CPB's statement was congruent with a favorable settlement of his legal troubles (i.e. an innocent verdict). Clearly we weren't going to play him so long as he had an indictment.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/21/2015, 05:37 PM
Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor
Did you know him(Briles) back then, or deal with him at all like I did? If not you just STFU.Phkc baylor, and the screwball town where it sits. Oakman needs an expulsion from college football.

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 05:39 PM
My suspicion is that Boise State had a very thin knowledge of his issues with women and that almost the entirety of his issues were surrounding the depression and behavioral problems that manifested in the form of general violence and aggressiveness. He probably got in a fight with other players or perhaps the coaches or other students -- I don't know, but I suspect that's what got him kicked off the team.

Peterson then advised Briles of these behavioral issues, and Briles saw the potential to pick up a talented guy while assuming he could control him enough to limit the problems he would cause. The real problem here is Briles turning Baylor into a 'second chance' program willing to take risks on troubled athletes. Sometimes that works out in a positive way for everyone but sometimes it doesn't -- this being a case of the latter.

But do I think Briles would have run such a risk to the program by bringing in a guy he thought beats up and rapes women? Uh, no. And there's no evidence to suggest that he did.

tycat947
8/21/2015, 06:40 PM
I would expect nothing less from HYPOCRITE U! It's a systemic problem at that hypocritical institution! Big 12 needs an enema to rid itself of this disgusting parasite!

Harris County Sooner
8/21/2015, 06:44 PM

You have to say it thrice, then it will be true.

Harris County Sooner
8/21/2015, 06:48 PM
Excellent comment:

They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that everyone is a critic, but to call Briles “Art” is ridiculous. Briles is just trash.

SoonerorLater
8/21/2015, 06:58 PM
Think about whose version of this story sounds more believable, Briles or Peterson.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13484043/chris-petersen-says-told-baylor-bears-coach-art-briles-sam-ukwuachu-violent-past

Eielson
8/21/2015, 07:09 PM
Think about whose version of this story sounds more believable, Briles or Peterson.

Certainly not Briles'.

Mazeppa
8/21/2015, 08:24 PM
More from Yahoo Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/art-briles--lie-puts-his-future-at-baylor-in-doubt-203410911.html

ouwasp
8/21/2015, 08:25 PM
Well, those smug Baylor suckers can enjoy a good serving of preseason turmoil and see how they like this aspect of big boy football. Surely they didn't think they'd be above it.

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 08:27 PM
I would expect nothing less from HYPOCRITE U! It's a systemic problem at that hypocritical institution! Big 12 needs an enema to rid itself of this disgusting parasite!

Glass houses and what not...

Here's a list of the college football programs with the greatest number of arrests. Take note of #5 nationally and #1 in the Big XII. Baylor, despite its supposed hypocrisy, is not even on the list.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/college-football-arrests-2015/

OU has had 3x the number of arrests we've had over the last five years.

Mazeppa
8/21/2015, 08:28 PM
This one from CBSSPORTS
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25276912/chris-peterson-fires-back-at-art-briles-i-told-you-about-ukwuachus-past

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 08:29 PM
This one from CBSSPORTS
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25276912/chris-peterson-fires-back-at-art-briles-i-told-you-about-ukwuachus-past

Same info we've been discussing here since the first post.

Mazeppa
8/21/2015, 08:30 PM
And FOXSPORTS
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/boise-state-chris-petersen-art-briles-claim-shared-convicted-player-ukwuachu-violent-past-082115

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 08:32 PM
And FOXSPORTS
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/boise-state-chris-petersen-art-briles-claim-shared-convicted-player-ukwuachu-violent-past-082115

It's the same story...just different media outlets.

SoonerorLater
8/21/2015, 08:38 PM

As 'Baylor Ambassador' to the SoonerFans Board what do you think about this?

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 08:47 PM
As 'Baylor Ambassador' to the SoonerFans Board what do you think about this?

Scroll up. I've given my thoughts throughout this thread.

I think Briles went wrong by trying to make Baylor into a 'second chance' program. Many times that has worked out with players rehabilitating themselves after making past mistakes. However, once in awhile, you'll get a guy like this... The statement given by Peterson is not at all inconsistent with what Briles said. As we move on from this, I think the lesson here is to be more careful about who he chooses to give a second chance to.

Mazeppa
8/21/2015, 08:57 PM

But don't they have different pictures?

SoonerorLater
8/21/2015, 08:58 PM
Scroll up. I've given my thoughts throughout this thread.

I think Briles went wrong by trying to make Baylor into a 'second chance' program. Many times that has worked out with players rehabilitating themselves after making past mistakes. However, once in awhile, you'll get a guy like this... The statement given by Peterson is not at all inconsistent with what Briles said. As we move on from this, I think the lesson here is to be more careful about who he chooses to give a second chance to.

The statement given by Peterson is absolutely inconsistent with what Briles said. The problem isn't that Briles was giving the kid a second chance. The problem is Briles hid facts about Ukwauchu. Now, despite what you say, Briles and Peterson's version of this story are completely different.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/art-briles--lie-puts-his-future-at-baylor-in-doubt-203410911.html

Read it. Peterson says Briles was completely vetted concerning Ukwauchu's dismissal.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/21/2015, 09:01 PM

Here's a list of the college football programs with the greatest number of arrests. Take note of #5 nationally and #1 in the Big XII. Baylor, despite its supposed hypocrisy, is not even on the list.

Does that include Dave Bliss?

Eielson
8/21/2015, 09:04 PM

First off, Oakman and that one dip**** safety that graduated a year or two ago weren't arrested. They're still filthy, rotten pieces of ****.

Second, I'm betting that Ukwauchu is going to serve more jail time than all of our arrests combined from that list. Things like rape and murder are far more serious than a guy who got arrested for forgetting to pay his seat belt ticket.

Mazeppa
8/21/2015, 09:05 PM
Maybe the local law and the University look "the other way' ala Florida State.

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 09:06 PM
The statement given by Peterson is absolutely inconsistent with what Briles said. The problem isn't that Briles was giving the kid a second chance. The problem is Briles hid facts about Ukwauchu. Now, despite what you say, Briles and Peterson's version of this story are completely different.

Read it. Peterson says Briles was completely vetted concerning Ukwauchu's dismissal.

I don't think you read what I said about that. Peterson gave Briles all the information that Peterson had. Peterson did not have a sexual assault history to share with Briles. That history did include some aggression and depression issues. The girlfriend he had while at Boise never informed the athletic department of his attitude; however, it evidently never rose to the level of him actually physically assaulting her.

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 09:07 PM
Maybe the local law and the University look "the other way' ala Florida State.

Look the other way? When the indictment came down he was immediately suspended from the team. He never played a single down for Baylor and was never even on the official roster.

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 09:08 PM
Does that include Dave Bliss?

Bliss was a football player?

Mazeppa
8/21/2015, 09:13 PM
Look the other way? When the indictment came down he was immediately suspended from the team. He never played a single down for Baylor and was never even on the official roster.

This was in reference to Baylor not being on the list. Not this incident.

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 09:16 PM
This was in reference to Baylor not being on the list. Not this incident.

Ah, well, I'd be shocked if Waco PD "looked the other way." The Waco PD is notoriously anti-Baylor. It's not just Baylor students thinking that -- my roommate/bestfriend at Baylor joined the Waco PD after graduating from Baylor. There's an institutional bias against the place. I think, traditionally, a lot of the cops are Aggie fans or something....not sure. But I'd be shocked if Waco PD went out of its way to cover **** up.

SicEmBaylor
Briles statement in response to Petersen:

I was contacted by Coach Petersen at Boise State in spring 2013 and he told me he had a player from Texas who needed to get closer to home and that he thought our program would be a good spot for him. I know and respect Coach Petersen and he would never recommend a student-athlete to Baylor that he didn't believe in. In our discussion, he did not disclose that there had been violence toward women, but he did tell me of a rocky relationship [Ukwuachu had] with his girlfriend which contributed to his depression. The only disciplinary action I was aware of were team-related issues, insubordination of coaches and missing practice.
In addition, I talked with Tony Heath, his high school coach, who gave us a great recommendation.
As required with any transfer to Baylor, Boise State acknowledged that he was not suspended due to any institutional disciplinary reasons and further that he was eligible for competition if he chose to return to Boise State.

Mazeppa
Just puttin' it out there for discussion, you never know.

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 09:23 PM
After consulting with the Baylor Board of Regents, the Executive Council and our academic leadership, this afternoon I called for a comprehensive internal inquiry into the circumstances associated with this case and the conduct of the various offices involved. The inquiry will be led by Jeremy Counseller, Professor of Law at Baylor Law School, Baylor’s Faculty Athletics Representative to the Big 12 Conference and NCAA and a former Assistant District Attorney. Mr. Counseller will engage others in his review as he deems appropriate and will submit his report directly to me at the conclusion of his inquiry. After an analysis of his report, I will determine what additional action to take.

President Starr's statement.

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 09:34 PM
And here is the Boise State compliance officer signing off on the transfer information request:

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/21/edcace12f6a7e8305c4882c5951efbc0.jpg

olevetonahill
8/21/2015, 09:36 PM
Who GAF?

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 09:38 PM
Who GAF?

I think you should practice the art of just ignoring things you don't care about. You've had a history of that lately. I think more people care about this than they care to hear that you don't care.

SoonerorLater
8/21/2015, 09:40 PM
Briles statement in response to Petersen:

That is in contrast to the statement issued by Peterson.

“After Sam Ukwuachu was dismissed from the Boise State football program and expressed an interest in transferring to Baylor, I initiated a call with coach Art Briles,” Petersen said. “In that conversation, I thoroughly apprised Coach Briles of the circumstances surrounding Sam’s disciplinary record and dismissal.”

Peterson said he told Briles that Ukwuachu was dismissed. He was kicked off the team. Now Briles says Peterson told him he had a player that just needed to get closer to home? Which version of this story makes the most sense?

yermom
8/21/2015, 09:44 PM
How does he not go to pound me in the *** prison for this?

olevetonahill
8/21/2015, 09:47 PM
I think you should practice the art of just ignoring things you don't care about. You've had a history of that lately. I think more people care about this than they care to hear that you don't care.

Heh, I DGAF what YOU think LOL

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 09:49 PM
How does he not go to pound me in the *** prison for this?

Well, he should.

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 09:51 PM
That is in contrast to the statement issued by Peterson.

“After Sam Ukwuachu was dismissed from the Boise State football program and expressed an interest in transferring to Baylor, I initiated a call with coach Art Briles,” Petersen said. “In that conversation, I thoroughly apprised Coach Briles of the circumstances surrounding Sam’s disciplinary record and dismissal.”

Peterson said he told Briles that Ukwuachu was dismissed. He was kicked off the team. Now Briles says Peterson told him he had a player that just needed to get closer to home? Which version of this story makes the most sense?

That's not an inconsistency. That's more of the way Briles words things. The underlying meaning and take away from that is that the guy had depression and disciplinary issues that Briles attributed, at least in part, to the fact that he wasn't close enough to home. That's why Briles said the kid needed to get closer to home -- because of the discipline and depression issues.

SoonerorLater
8/21/2015, 10:06 PM
That's not an inconsistency. That's more of the way Briles words things. The underlying meaning and take away from that is that the guy had depression and disciplinary issues that Briles attributed, at least in part, to the fact that he wasn't close enough to home. That's why Briles said the kid needed to get closer to home -- because of the discipline and depression issues.

Yes it is.

Briles said Petersen, who dismissed Ukwuachu for violating team rules, did not mention anything “beyond Sam being depressed” and “needing to come home.”

If the above statement by Briles is to be believed you would have to think that Ukwuachu was dismissed from the Boise State program because he was depressed and missed home. I don't think anybody would believe that Ukwuachu would be dismissed solely because he was depressed or homesick. He had to have committed some act that led to his dismissal. This where Peterson's story gains credibilty and Briles' looks less accurate.

It's the cover-ups that get you.

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 10:21 PM
Yes it is.

Briles said Petersen, who dismissed Ukwuachu for violating team rules, did not mention anything “beyond Sam being depressed” and “needing to come home.”

If the above statement by Briles is to be believed you would have to think that Ukwuachu was dismissed from the Boise State program because he was depressed and missed home. I don't think anybody would believe that Ukwuachu would be dismissed solely because he was depressed or homesick. He had to have committed some act that led to his dismissal. This where Peterson's story gains credibilty and Briles' looks less accurate.

It's the cover-ups that get you.

:sigh:

It isn't at all inconsistent. As I said earlier, I think it's pretty obvious he was dismissed from the team for some sort of aggressive behavior. He was likely getting into fights with teammates and was otherwise uncompliant with the staff. I think the Boise staff chalked a lot of this up to depression and other issues. They communicated all of this, including the depression and the aggressive behavior, to Briles. Briles thought the solution to all of those things was getting him closer to home. This fits what both Petersen and Briles have said.

SoonerorLater
8/21/2015, 10:37 PM
:sigh:

It isn't at all inconsistent. As I said earlier, I think it's pretty obvious he was dismissed from the team for some sort of aggressive behavior. He was likely getting into fights with teammates and was otherwise uncompliant with the staff. I think the Boise staff chalked a lot of this up to depression and other issues. They communicated all of this, including the depression and the aggressive behavior, to Briles. Briles thought the solution to all of those things was getting him closer to home. This fits what both Petersen and Briles have said.

No sigh about it. Here is what Briles said

Briles in this statement says that the ONLY thing that was mentioned was that Sam he was depressed and needed to come home.

Do you honestly believe what Briles is saying here? or what Peterson said....

"In that conversation, I thoroughly apprised Coach Briles of the circumstances surrounding Sam’s disciplinary record and dismissal.”

Here Peterson is saying that all of the facts surrounding his dismissal were discussed but Briles says all they discussed was his being depressed and homesick.

So which is it?

Curly Bill
8/21/2015, 11:09 PM
Heh, I DGAF what YOU think LOL

He evoked a similar response from me earlier. He must have the knack. ;)

Therealsouthsider
8/21/2015, 11:18 PM
....lol, Briles....what an asshat

ss

Soonerjeepman
8/21/2015, 11:22 PM
lol...here we are AGAIN, on the OU SOONERS message board with a bear trying to defend them...GO TO THE bu BOARD!!!! We don't want that $hit here.

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 11:24 PM
No sigh about it. Here is what Briles said

Briles in this statement says that the ONLY thing that was mentioned was that Sam he was depressed and needed to come home.

Do you honestly believe what Briles is saying here? or what Peterson said....

"In that conversation, I thoroughly apprised Coach Briles of the circumstances surrounding Sam’s disciplinary record and dismissal.”

Here Peterson is saying that all of the facts surrounding his dismissal were discussed but Briles says all they discussed was his being depressed and homesick.

So which is it?

I don't know why this is hard to understand. Petersen told Briles of his issues. Briles interpreted those issues as stemming from depression with the solution being a return home to Texas. There is no inconsistency here.

What exactly do you think Briles is trying to cover up here? You think he'd risk the entire program and his credibility if he knew the guy was going to commit sexual assault? He was immediately thrown off the team when charges were filed. He never even played for Baylor. He was never even on the official roster. The Boise compliance officer signed off and even indicated he would be cleared to return to Boise at a later date if he so chose. If there was some sort of major issue there then I don't think the compliance office would have signed off on that.

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 11:27 PM
He evoked a similar response from me earlier. He must have the knack. ;)

Still no evidence to substantiate a single word of your bull****, but I'll sit back and patiently wait.

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2015, 11:32 PM
And, let me point out that this talk about him having a violent past at Boise is pure conjecture -- even on my part. There is still no evidence or any indication that he was violent when at Boise. None.

8/22/2015, 01:01 AM
lol...here we are AGAIN, on the OU SOONERS message board with a bear trying to defend them...GO TO THE bu BOARD!!!! We don't want that $hit here.Careful, or Sicem will think we aren't fond of waco schools.

Curly Bill
8/22/2015, 01:04 AM
Still no evidence to substantiate a single word of your bull****, but I'll sit back and patiently wait.

Knock yourself out, because I still haven't found a f*ck to give what you're waiting on.

Curly Bill
8/22/2015, 01:06 AM
Maybe the young man was just having a little roid rage? But then I'd think ol Art should recognize that. ;)

Breadburner
8/22/2015, 06:51 AM
I don't know why this is hard to understand. Petersen told Briles of his issues. Briles interpreted those issues as stemming from depression with the solution being a return home to Texas. There is no inconsistency here.

What exactly do you think Briles is trying to cover up here? You think he'd risk the entire program and his credibility if he knew the guy was going to commit sexual assault? He was immediately thrown off the team when charges were filed. He never even played for Baylor. He was never even on the official roster. The Boise compliance officer signed off and even indicated he would be cleared to return to Boise at a later date if he so chose. If there was some sort of major issue there then I don't think the compliance office would have signed off on that.

Get Briles Cack...Out.of.your.mouth.......!!!

Breadburner
8/22/2015, 06:57 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CM-PHj_WEAA1C7Q.png

olevetonahill
8/22/2015, 07:20 AM

After rereading this entire thread I think you are wrong , YOU are the only one here who Gives a ****. the rest seem to just be having fun ****ing with you.
**** like this happens, everywhere. quit being a Blind Bear and just move on:sneakiness:

Eielson
8/22/2015, 01:09 PM
Sic Em doesn't seem to be convincing anybody. He's trying real hard, though!

8/22/2015, 01:12 PM
Unlikely baylor has many fans around these parts. The sooner they come unglued, the better.

olevetonahill
8/22/2015, 01:29 PM
Sic Em doesn't seem to be convincing anybody. He's trying real hard, though!

Yup, but I hurt his little teddy bear feelers when I said WGF?
LOL

manateepower
8/22/2015, 02:06 PM
I wonder why people like sic em make excuses for behavior like this, then I remember that there are people in central Pennsylvania that still defend a man who protected a child predator.

Football can make otherwise rational people lose their minds.

olevetonahill
8/22/2015, 02:10 PM
Sic em's response to this story conclusively makes the case for mandatory Y chromosome testing.

He was a Bridesmaid, anymore questions?

SoonerorLater
8/22/2015, 03:00 PM

What is difficult to understand is your obfuscation of the facts as they are now, Very carefully read the following quote by Briles

"I talked with Chris Petersen personally," said Briles to reporters on Friday morning. "No mention of anything beyond Sam being depressed, needing to come home." (This is in the face of questioning about his violent history)

That's all, depressed, come home. Nothing else. Those two things. If those are the only two things Briles says were discussed then logic dictates that the entire universe with the exception of those two things were not discussed. Why is that hard for you to grasp or admit.

KantoSooner
8/22/2015, 03:13 PM
Becaaaaauuuuuse once you admit that, the entire house of cards constructed by Baylor to cover this whole thing up, as well as the facade of "Art Briles Dean of Coaches" crumbles. The line must be held or the whole shooting match goes right down the swirly hole.

Breadburner
8/22/2015, 11:05 PM
Didn't one of there basketball players kill a fellow player......And lets not even bring up the lying...cheating Kim Mulkey....

Mazeppa
8/22/2015, 11:15 PM
SicEmBaylor has typed till he's blue in the face and nobody is "smellin' what he's cookin'."

manateepower
8/23/2015, 05:13 PM
Becaaaaauuuuuse once you admit that, the entire house of cards constructed by Baylor to cover this whole thing up, as well as the facade of "Art Briles Dean of Coaches" crumbles. The line must be held or the whole shooting match goes right down the swirly hole.

Slight Derail:

Sort of the same type of reasoning why some people still think Noah's ark is literal history or that the earth is 6000 years old despite the obvious absurdity of the claims.

End Derail.

KantoSooner
8/24/2015, 07:34 AM
Shall we go the rest of the way, Manatee?

thecrimsoncrusader
8/24/2015, 07:04 PM
"You think he'd risk the entire program and his credibility if he knew the guy was going to commit sexual assault?"

What credibility? And yes.

Therealsouthsider
8/24/2015, 09:35 PM
....Briles is taking a page out of the Tom Osborne book of hand-washing.... 'cept he's no Tom Osborne

....sports animal got it right today, if Baylor were 3 - 8 last year he would be looking for work

ss

tycat947
8/24/2015, 11:06 PM
Didn't one of there basketball players kill a fellow player......And lets not even bring up the lying...cheating Kim Mulkey....

BINGO! It's the whole Hypocritical institution (or lack thereof!)! The Big 12 needs an enema BADLY to rid itself of this parasite!

olevetonahill
8/24/2015, 11:55 PM
Briles sucks sicem dick!

Turd_Ferguson
8/25/2015, 04:52 AM
Briles sucks sicem dick!

Wait...Sicem is a dude?

Tear Down This Wall
8/25/2015, 09:18 AM
I wonder why people like sic em make excuses for behavior like this, then I remember that there are people in central Pennsylvania that still defend a man who protected a child predator.

Football can make otherwise rational people lose their minds.

Like Sooner fans, coaches, and administrators defending a kid who broke a girl's face, huh?

Okie35
8/25/2015, 06:14 PM
Like Sooner fans, coaches, and administrators defending a kid who broke a girl's face, huh?

Nope Mixon should probably be gone... Briles is dirty he's been for a good while but its whatever... in college its about winning. Ask some of the dirty SEC coaches as well.

SoonerorLater
8/25/2015, 06:23 PM

Or.......Why Sooner fans, coaches, and administrators stood by an apparently otherwise good-kid after he was assaulted by a woman with known substance abuse problems.

SicEmBaylor
8/25/2015, 07:04 PM
Boise State officially denies knowing anything about SU's prior assaults against women thus backing up Briles' claim.
http://www.ourdailybears.com/2015/8/25/9208565/boise-state-officially-denies-any-knowledge-of-ukwuachus-alleged

And here is SU's former HS coach also denying any knowledge and confirming that he heard the same thing Briles heard from Boise State:
http://www.ourdailybears.com/2015/8/25/9208565/boise-state-officially-denies-any-knowledge-of-ukwuachus-alleged

Mazeppa
8/25/2015, 07:37 PM
Why did they tell Florida about this guy but not Baylor?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report--florida-knew-about-sam-ukwuachu-s-history-of-violence-203217132.html

SicEmBaylor
8/25/2015, 07:41 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report--florida-knew-about-sam-ukwuachu-s-history-of-violence-203217132.html

No idea, but you effectively now have Florida essentially calling Boise a bunch of liars. It could be different employees within the athletic department. The two known contacts between Baylor and Boise was Petersen to Briles and our compliance officer to theirs. Neither Petersen nor the compliance officer offered that information. However, I suppose its' possible that Florida spoke to two different individuals within the Boise Department who knew more than Petersen and the compliance office insofar as what was going on in SU's private life.

yermom
8/25/2015, 08:17 PM

Because Florida passed on him?

olevetonahill
8/25/2015, 10:27 PM
Wait...Sicem is a dude?

Naw, briles just sucks that hard he can get a little dick out of a Vajajay:watermelon: