PDA

View Full Version : Shell drilling

TAFBSooner
8/19/2015, 10:43 AM
Obama approved Shell Oil's drilling activities in the Arctic.

But I'm sure he's still the Worst President Ever(TM).

olevetonahill
8/19/2015, 10:48 AM

Just because he dont step in dog shat once done mean hes a Clean stepper!

Tear Down This Wall
8/19/2015, 10:52 AM
Keystone?

BoulderSooner79
8/19/2015, 11:10 AM
Have you seen the price of oil these days? This is just a plot to drive it lower and put the hurt on oil producing red states. Thanks, Obama.

:grief::grief:

okie52
8/19/2015, 12:09 PM

Don't know about the worst president ever but he's definitely one of the worst energy presidents. We've still got two oceans shut down to drilling and a pipeline that wasn't completed due to Obama. We also have a nuclear repository that was approved by 21 congresses, 4 presidents, the National Academy of Science, and Obama's own energy secretary just a few months before he took office that has been shut down due to Obama.

We do, however, have a some nice photos of when he came to Cushing in 2012 to help with the "southern leg" of the Keystone pipeline.

Thanks Obama.

REDREX
8/19/2015, 12:15 PM
The real joke is that thousands of miles of pipeline have been in place over the aquifer for 50 years without causing it a problem.-----Barack is an idiot on energy

olevetonahill
8/19/2015, 12:38 PM
Don't know about the worst president ever but he's definitely one of the worst energy presidents. We've still got two oceans shut down to drilling and a pipeline that wasn't completed due to Obama. We also have a nuclear repository that was approved by 21 congresses, 4 presidents, the National Academy of Science, and Obama's own energy secretary just a few months before he took office that has been shut down due to Obama.

We do, however, have a some nice photos of when he came to Cushing in 2012 to help with the "southern leg" of the Keystone pipeline.

Thanks Obama.

He is, Maybe Peanut farmer was a Tad worse, but thats a judgement call.

champions77
8/19/2015, 12:54 PM
There's never been a Prez quite like BHO. Hopefully we'll never see another one. No telling how much damage he's done covertly to this Country. Lot of stupid people think he's been wonderful.
You can use a lot of adjectives to describe him. "Wonderful" is not one of them.

Serenity Now
8/19/2015, 01:02 PM
There's never been a Prez quite like BHO. Hopefully we'll never see another one. No telling how much damage he's done covertly to this Country. Lot of stupid people think he's been wonderful.
You can use a lot of adjectives to describe him. "Wonderful" is not one of them.
Covert damage. Just like Ted Cruz is trying to do on behalf of Canada AND Cuba.

champions77
8/19/2015, 01:11 PM
Covert damage. Just like Ted Cruz is trying to do on behalf of Canada AND Cuba.

As in?

Serenity Now
8/19/2015, 01:29 PM
As in?

I should have said "covert damage, such as?" The way you said it made me laugh. Like BO has some secret document that's a checklist to "weaken the Republic".

The Canadian/Cuban thing is just me having fun with the cognitive dissonance of the birthers. And, before you say "that's a fringe group", remember that there's one guy who put some significant resources toward this over the last few years.

http://www.salon.com/2015/03/23/donald_trump_is_a_ted_cruz_birther_youre_supposed_ to_be_born_in_this_country/

champions77
8/19/2015, 01:49 PM
So Obama's own words "fundamentally transform America" doesn't make you wonder exactly what he meant?

So if a politician, whether it be the town mayor, or the President, is caught in countless lies, over a period of time, at what point do you question everything the man says? Is that too high a standard for you, or anyone else? Can anyone make the point that since he's been certified now as a liar, how can anyone trust him on anything?

And yes, I think he thinks that anyone that has done well, somehow owes more to the federal government, that they benefited to the detriment of others, and with a "you didn't build that" mentality, he thinks that any success you've had, it's in large part because of someone else. It's called "zero sum" economics, and it is one of the most flawed economic models anyone could subscribe to.

Serenity Now
8/19/2015, 01:56 PM
So Obama's own words "fundamentally transform America" doesn't make you wonder exactly what he meant?

Maybe he meant where the bankers who committed fraud and brought down the economy would spend more time in the huscow than a guy caught with a dime bag of pot. That would fundamentally change America, right?

Tear Down This Wall
8/19/2015, 02:09 PM
Maybe he meant where the bankers who committed fraud and brought down the economy would spend more time in the huscow than a guy caught with a dime bag of pot. That would fundamentally change America, right?

No. When released, both go back to the same thing anyway. Like flies to sh*t.

Plus, its not dime baggers who bankroll politicians like Obama, so...again...here were go 'round again.

TAFBSooner
8/19/2015, 02:20 PM

No, no, no - you've got it all wrong. Our beloved Wall Street Bankers were innocent victims, FORCED by the dastardly Democrats to give bad loans to THOSE people. They were doing God's work (and they said so).

[/snark]

TAFBSooner
8/19/2015, 02:29 PM

So if a politician, whether it be the town mayor, or the President, is caught in countless lies, over a period of time, at what point do you question everything the man says? Is that too high a standard for you, or anyone else? Can anyone make the point that since he's been certified now as a liar, how can anyone trust him on anything?

"Trust" and "politician" don't go in the same sentence, unless you have some form of "not" between them.

Examples: She's a politician, so I do NOT trust her. He seems trustworthy, obviously NOT a politician.

I brought up the Shell deal because it's about an action, not a speech.

Some folks think that Obama hasn't done anything right, so I wondered if this would be an exception to that rule, or if drilling in the Arctic would become a bad thing.

Minus all snark, I believe drilling in the Arctic is a bad thing, and Obama did a bad thing approving it. But then I haven't been expecting much good from him for several years now.

TAFBSooner
8/19/2015, 02:31 PM
No. When released, both go back to the same thing anyway. Like flies to sh*t.

Plus, its not dime baggers who bankroll politicians like Obama, so...again...here were go 'round again.

In the case of the bankers, that's an untested theory. Some of them would have to spend time in prison for us to observe whether they went back to committing fraud when they got out.

olevetonahill
8/19/2015, 03:19 PM

What in the F*ck is a "huscow"?

champions77
8/19/2015, 03:37 PM

And the Dodd-Frank legislation has vested even more power in the big banks. Small regional banks are suffering as a result. Ask you buddy BHO why more bankers didn't go to prison right? I would be ok with it.

Serenity Now
8/19/2015, 03:37 PM
I always used it (and apparently misspelled it) as slang for jail.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hoosegow

Synonyms
bastille, big house [slang], bridewell, brig, calaboose, can, clink [slang], cooler, coop, guardroom, hock, hold, jail, jailhouse, joint [slang], jug, lockup, nick [British slang], pen, penitentiary, pokey [slang], prison, quod [British slang], slam, slammer, stir [slang], stockade, tolbooth [Scottish]

REDREX
8/19/2015, 04:06 PM
And the Dodd-Frank legislation has vested even more power in the big banks. Small regional banks are suffering as a result. Ask you buddy BHO why more bankers didn't go to prison right? I would be ok with it.---Correct----Small banks are hurting ----Talking to a banker yesterday about it

olevetonahill
8/19/2015, 04:57 PM
I always used it
(and apparently misspelled it) as slang for jail.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hoosegow

Synonyms
bastille, big house [slang], bridewell, brig, calaboose, can, clink [slang], cooler, coop, guardroom, hock, hold, jail, jailhouse, joint [slang], jug, lockup, nick [British slang], pen, penitentiary, pokey [slang], prison, quod [British slang], slam, slammer, stir [slang], stockade, tolbooth [Scottish]

Hell I intentionally misspell **** and dont get close to yer numbers, ya Moran.