PDA

View Full Version : female official NFL female asst coach

Soonerjeepman
8/15/2015, 11:05 PM
okay....

KC vs Cards....

Cards have a female asst...helps the LBer's, really?

Official ....line judge

I just don't get it. Why the hell does EVERYTHING has to be "equal"...

SicEmBaylor
8/16/2015, 12:46 AM
Are they bad at their jobs?

KantoSooner
8/16/2015, 07:58 AM
My dads in hospital. Many of his nurses are male. Several of his doctors are female. They seem to do a good job.

tycat947
8/16/2015, 12:59 PM
My dads in hospital. Many of his nurses are male. Several of his doctors are female. They seem to do a good job.

+1

BoulderSooner79
8/16/2015, 03:05 PM
Someone's afraid they'll have to make their own sammich.

SicEmBaylor
8/16/2015, 03:28 PM
I agree with Ty, Kanto, and Boulder all in the same thread. :mind blown:

SoonerorLater
8/16/2015, 03:52 PM
okay....

KC vs Cards....

Cards have a female asst...helps the LBer's, really?

Official ....line judge

I just don't get it. Why the hell does EVERYTHING has to be "equal"...

I know. As a society we have this unexplainable impulse to stand tradition on it's head.

KantoSooner
8/16/2015, 07:00 PM
Traditions great. Except when it's not. Wife beating was very traditional. Homo sex by churchmen on young boys was very traditional.

SicEmBaylor
8/16/2015, 07:28 PM
I'm not exactly the progressive feminist sort; however, so long as they legitimately earned their job because of their skill rather than their gender then I say more power to them. Nobody should be limited in what jobs they can do based upon something as asinine as their gender. If they can do their job and do it successfully then neither I nor anyone else should have any sort of complaint.

Hell, there was a time before Briles was hired that I thought Mulkey would have been a better coach for our football team than what we had.

Mazeppa
8/16/2015, 08:29 PM
They don't have to pay them as much.

SicEmBaylor
8/16/2015, 08:30 PM
They don't have to pay them as much.

That's a myth.

Mazeppa
8/16/2015, 08:45 PM
Right....

SicEmBaylor
8/16/2015, 09:30 PM
Right....

The difference in pay is due to the fact that women work fewer hours then men. If you take a woman vs a man in the same job working the same hours then there is virtually no pay difference.

hornswaggled
8/17/2015, 01:21 AM
would you make me a sammich while i watch tv, please. thank you

hornswaggled
8/17/2015, 01:23 AM
The difference in pay is due to the fact that women work fewer hours then men. If you take a woman vs a man in the same job working the same hours then there is virtually no pay difference.

My wife insists that you give up your ignorant argument. She said she is not going to keep my dinner warm if you persist.

hornswaggled
8/17/2015, 01:26 AM
Traditions great. Except when it's not. Wife beating was very traditional. Homo sex by churchmen on young boys was very traditional.
I can't believe you went there, but yes the clergy demanded much of our vascular youth.

Soonerjeepman
8/17/2015, 12:14 PM
guess I'm in the minority...no prob.

I'm not for any quotas in any job....you earn it. Yes, I know there are many "traditional" jobs that were men...lol, most for a long time. Ex nurses, doctors, teachers, etc...were traditional and as long as you can do the job great. Maybe the ref is ok...I don't get a LBer coach in the NFL or even college being a female because a lot of understanding the game would be experience...

Call me a sexist.

BoulderSooner79
8/17/2015, 01:52 PM
The sexism works both ways. There are many male coaches in the women's college ranks and I know a couple of female fans* that think that is wrong. They point to the fact that there are no female coaches on the men's side (there was a push for Pat Summit to take over the Vol men's team back in her heyday). But there is no rule there - just tradition which in turn, limits opportunity.

*okay, they are lesbians, but still...

SicEmBaylor
8/17/2015, 04:14 PM
guess I'm in the minority...no prob.

I'm not for any quotas in any job....you earn it. Yes, I know there are many "traditional" jobs that were men...lol, most for a long time. Ex nurses, doctors, teachers, etc...were traditional and as long as you can do the job great. Maybe the ref is ok...I don't get a LBer coach in the NFL or even college being a female because a lot of understanding the game would be experience...

Call me a sexist.

Mike Leach never played a single down of football in his entire life.

Soonerjeepman
8/17/2015, 04:21 PM
The sexism works both ways. There are many male coaches in the women's college ranks and I know a couple of female fans* that think that is wrong. They point to the fact that there are no female coaches on the men's side (there was a push for Pat Summit to take over the Vol men's team back in her heyday). But there is no rule there - just tradition which in turn, limits opportunity.

*okay, they are lesbians, but still...

funny...yes plenty of lesbos who dress and act like men so they count for the balance. ;-)

I agree, I coached a girls hs bball team. My daughter walked on to a juco and had a female coach....she and all of her teammates pretty much wanted a male coach after the fact. The coach was very up/down..."moody"

SicEmBaylor
8/17/2015, 04:34 PM
funny...yes plenty of lesbos who dress and act like men so they count for the balance. ;-)

I agree, I coached a girls hs bball team. My daughter walked on to a juco and had a female coach....she and all of her teammates pretty much wanted a male coach after the fact. The coach was very up/down..."moody"

See, a female ref or even coach don't bother me too much; however, I'd never ever want my daughter to play a sport like that. Girls have a very limited number of sports they should participate in, and basketball/softball are definitely not it.

Curly Bill
8/17/2015, 04:48 PM

This is a very common trait among the female coaches I've known. I'm not gonna guess why, or what it means, but it is commonplace. Make of that what you will.

KantoSooner
8/17/2015, 04:53 PM
Good coaches are pretty rare. I wasn't the greatest athlete, but played three sports in high school and one in college.. Through six years of that, I had maybe two good coaches.

Curly Bill
8/17/2015, 05:00 PM
Good coaches are pretty rare. I wasn't the greatest athlete, but played three sports in high school and one in college.. Through six years of that, I had maybe two good coaches.

Getting coaching jobs at the high school level, and college too to some extent, is a whole lot based on the ol: It's not what ya know, but who you know.

There are some truly atrocious coaches out there at the high school level and lower.

BoulderSooner79
8/17/2015, 05:03 PM

I think you missed my point (I should have avoided the distracting caveat). There are women that think that there should be a rule that only women can coach women's teams. That's just as sexist as disallowing women to coach (or ref) men's teams.

Soonerjeepman
8/17/2015, 09:37 PM
Getting coaching jobs at the high school level, and college too to some extent, is a whole lot based on the ol: It's not what ya know, but who you know.

There are some truly atrocious coaches out there at the high school level and lower.

it's actually more of is there a warm body to fill the spot...at least in the urban area. It works out to about $7 an hour for parents to chew your ***, having very few players eligible...having low thinkers as athletes..it's not worth it most of the time.

Soonerjeepman
8/17/2015, 09:38 PM
I think you missed my point (I should have avoided the distracting caveat). There are women that think that there should be a rule that only women can coach women's teams. That's just as sexist as disallowing women to coach (or ref) men's teams.

no, I understood it...I was being my conservative self~ ;-)

But yes I agree

Tear Down This Wall
8/18/2015, 10:33 AM

Mixon doesn't even wait until he's married - he'll beat a woman, married or unmarried. Just carrying on that "tradition."

olevetonahill
8/18/2015, 10:55 AM
Someone's afraid they'll have to make their own sammich.

Bitches ,Man Bitches.

olevetonahill
8/18/2015, 11:06 AM
Mixon doesn't even wait until he's married - he'll beat a woman, married or unmarried. Just carrying on that "tradition."

Heh, You act all high and mighty, Like you never slapped a Bitch and told her to make you a sammich!

olevetonahill
8/18/2015, 02:37 PM
Heres TWO tuff lady's

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/08/17/first-two-women-expected-to-graduate-friday-army-ranger-school.html?ESRC=army.nl

KantoSooner
8/18/2015, 06:41 PM
I'm thinking you have to do it more than once to qualify, but, whatever.

bluedogok
8/18/2015, 09:07 PM
My wife was one of the first female officials to work a high school game in the state of Texas. She worked a Dallas Cowboys scrimmage when they had training camp in Austin.