PDA

View Full Version : Dropped son off at cc for baseball

Soonerjeepman
8/13/2015, 11:21 AM
Got him dropped yesterday....at Coffeyville CC.

Transferred from KCK. I think this is a better fit. Course over the summer his HC at KCK retired (main reason he left) and his new HC at CCC took the UCO job. BUT the younger brother who is the pitching coach is now the HC at CCC.

Son likes the new staff, place...had conditioning this morning on the fball field. Threw up 8 times.

A little plus is CCC had an alum get drafted in the 16th round this past summer, a pitcher, he signed and is in Rookie ball prob. but he is coming back in the fall to work-out and help pitchers until the spring.

Daughter ended up finishing her year at Labette CC as a walk-on for basketball. Didn't get any time but learned some valuable lessons. Got her associates and is pursuing PE in a year, working full time in a school as an aide this year.

olevetonahill
8/15/2015, 12:28 AM
Grats , sounds like you raised some Fine Chillins.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/15/2015, 06:53 AM
What, threw up??? Fire the coach now. He's mean... :winky:

Good luck to your son!

Soonerjeepman
8/15/2015, 10:55 PM
Grats , sounds like you raised some Fine Chillins.

so far...lol the boy definitely has tested my patience this summer.

Soonerjeepman
8/15/2015, 10:58 PM
What, threw up??? Fire the coach now. He's mean... :winky:

Good luck to your son!

lol...ya should have heard some of the mom questions at the meeting. They have a rude awakening as to what college athletics is like. Hell, even the boy's mother was like...blah blah blah ...

The coach actually had to say "playing time is not open for discussion", even then he ***** footed around it. Knowing there are 48 guys for basically 8 spots plus 5-8 reg pitchers...some of these folks just don't get it.

I just told her it's time for him to sink or swim.