PDA

View Full Version : Waco anyone?

SOONERnTx
8/12/2015, 03:31 PM
Just curious if anyone here is planning on making the trip to Waco this year? Hopefully it will be a good one! I live in the area so if anyone has any questions about the stadium or where to stay just let me know.

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2015, 03:53 PM
Just curious if anyone here is planning on making the trip to Waco this year? Hopefully it will be a good one! I live in the area so if anyone has any questions about the stadium or where to stay just let me know.

You need to defect to our side.

Tear Down This Wall
8/12/2015, 04:08 PM
Can a brother get a rib?

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2015, 04:31 PM
Can a brother get a rib?
Vitek's

Tear Down This Wall
8/12/2015, 05:31 PM
Vitek's

That place looks like it is run by white people. I asked, 'Can a brother get a rib?'

SOONERnTx
8/12/2015, 05:35 PM

You need to defect to our side.
We have season tickets for Baylor. My wife graduated from Baylor, but I always wear my Sooner gear when OU comes to town!

SOONERnTx
8/12/2015, 05:48 PM
Coaches BBQ in downtown Waco is a good option if you want to watch some football while eating. I believe they also have a stand in McLane Stadium. Not sure if they have ribs in stadium though.

SOONERnTx
8/12/2015, 07:04 PM
www.coachssmoke.com

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2015, 07:20 PM
www.coachssmoke.com

This place must be new. Is it in the warehouse district?

Mazeppa
8/12/2015, 08:28 PM
Why don't they have a Billy Sims BBQ in that new stadium?

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2015, 08:34 PM

Why would the poor guy want to watch all of those future Sooner defeats? ;)

Seriously though, I love Billy Sims BBQ. I went and picked some up after the OU game last year and the manager happened to be serving. He gave me a discount and extra food since I had my Baylor gear on. Classy guy. :D

SOONERnTx
8/12/2015, 08:46 PM
www.coachssmoke.com

This place must be new. Is it in the warehouse district?

Yes in the old Sam's on the square location.

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2015, 08:50 PM

Why would the poor guy want to watch all of those future Sooner defeats? ;)

Seriously though, I love Billy Sims BBQ. I went and picked some up after the OU game last year and the manager happened to be serving. He gave me a discount and extra food since I had my Baylor gear on. Classy guy. :D

badger
8/13/2015, 08:51 AM
I heard it sold out along with a few other games as soon as single tix went on sale. The days of tarp of shame are over, it appears... at least until Little Sisters of the Poor shows up for Baylor's marquee non-conference game :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
8/13/2015, 09:56 AM
I heard it sold out along with a few other games as soon as single tix went on sale. The days of tarp of shame are over, it appears... at least until Little Sisters of the Poor shows up for Baylor's marquee non-conference game :rolleyes:

I used to not even bother picking up my student ticket (student tickets are free at Baylor). I'd just flash my ID on my way into FCS and sit wherever I damned well pleased with not a single person within 20' of me in any direction.

badger
8/13/2015, 10:12 AM
Yes, one thing to love about Waco games in the early aughts was all of the extra leg room that you wouldn't get at any other stadium. It was kind of meh atmosphere otherwise.

Only went once. It was the 2003 game where Trey DiCarlo got benched for good after missing a field goal. We brought in some true freshman named Garrett Hartley.

SicEmBaylor
8/13/2015, 10:15 AM
Yes, one thing to love about Waco games in the early aughts was all of the extra leg room that you wouldn't get at any other stadium. It was kind of meh atmosphere otherwise.

Only went once. It was the 2003 game where Trey DiCarlo got benched for good after missing a field goal. We brought in some true freshman named Garrett Hartley.

Heh, I remember that game well. I drove home to Oklahoma the night before to pick up SicEmEx and another couple we were friends with from high school. We got up really early and drove down to Waco that morning -- they stayed a few days and then we drove back to Oklahoma on Tuesday.

EDIT: Actually, what I remember from that trip isn't the game. :D

BigTip
8/18/2015, 07:24 PM
I heard it sold out along with a few other games as soon as single tix went on sale.

Well crap! I was all excited to see the game and the new stadium.

Oh well.

SOONERnTx
8/20/2015, 08:22 PM
I heard it sold out along with a few other games as soon as single tix went on sale.

Well crap! I was all excited to see the game and the new stadium.

Oh well.

There is always stub hub!