PDA

View Full Version : My New Website

SicEmBaylor
8/8/2015, 02:55 PM
I have one. Visit it. Love it. Hate it. There's plenty more to come.

www.grumpypolitico.com

dwarthog
8/8/2015, 06:22 PM
Interesting.

FaninAma
8/9/2015, 01:10 PM
Nice presentation. Interesting articles. I give it a thumbs up.BTW, I agree with you about Ron Paul's campaign. He is trying to straddle the fence and his support of McConnel in the turtle's re-election bid is killing him with the Tea Party.

okie52
8/10/2015, 07:02 AM

www.grumpypolitico.com

Is that really you sic em or just a site you approve of?

SicEmBaylor
8/10/2015, 12:05 PM
Is that really you sic em or just a site you approve of?

That's all me. I designed the site and I write the content.

okie52
8/10/2015, 12:10 PM
That's all me. I designed the site and I write the content.

I liked it. Good job on your first few articles.

dwarthog
8/11/2015, 07:49 AM
I'm curious about the theme. It looks like an open source theme. Something similar to what Gnome does with their desktop on linux.

Is that a theme you selected for the layout or one you assembled from scratch?

SicEmBaylor
8/11/2015, 11:32 AM
I'm curious about the theme. It looks like an open source theme. Something similar to what Gnome does with their desktop on linux.

Is that a theme you selected for the layout or one you assembled from scratch?

Selected and then modified myself. I've always liked high contrast themes.

dwarthog
8/11/2015, 01:20 PM
Selected and then modified myself. I've always liked high contrast themes.

Well done! It gives your site a very polished appearance IMO.

champions77
8/11/2015, 01:27 PM
You've made it to the Big Time SicEm. Impressive indeed.

SicEmBaylor
8/11/2015, 01:47 PM
I liked it. Good job on your first few articles.

Thank you! I think I'm going to remove those social-media sharing buttons from the articles on the main page (they'll still be there if you click the direct link to each individual article). It makes the home page look cluttered, and I hate clutter.

I'm something of a minimalist and not just on websites.

TAFBSooner
8/11/2015, 02:48 PM

www.grumpypolitico.com

Gotta love "there's a bad mood on the right." :-)

I like the site, too.

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2015, 08:15 PM
Gotta love "there's a bad mood on the right." :-)

I like the site, too.

I have pretty low expectations. I'm not looking to become the next RedState; although, I'd love to see Erick Erickson knocked down a few pegs. I tend to write really long posts and a friend of mine has been pushing me to do a blog for years. Figured I'd bite the bullet and go for it.

Eventually, I can foresee the possibility of doing a podcast.

okie52
8/12/2015, 08:26 PM
Thank you! I think I'm going to remove those social-media sharing buttons from the articles on the main page (they'll still be there if you click the direct link to each individual article). It makes the home page look cluttered, and I hate clutter.

I'm something of a minimalist and not just on websites.

Do you have guest bloggers? ( I may have missed it if you did)

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2015, 08:32 PM
Do you have guest bloggers? ( I may have missed it if you did)

Not yet, but I'm thinking about it once I get the content built up a little!

okie52
8/12/2015, 08:39 PM
Not yet, but I'm thinking about it once I get the content built up a little!

I'm sure you have a lot to say but I would think that even the best would find a welcome relief to add a few voices to your content.

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2015, 08:52 PM
I'm sure you have a lot to say but I would think that even the best would find a welcome relief to add a few voices to your content.

I agree 100%. Regular contributors would be even better. I've even thought about a couple of reasonable liberal friends who might regularly contribute to add balance. In fact, a point/counter-point regular column might be a lot of fun.

SOONERnTx
8/12/2015, 09:07 PM
Nice website Sic'em!

okie52
8/12/2015, 09:21 PM
I agree 100%. Regular contributors would be even better. I've even thought about a couple of reasonable liberal friends who might regularly contribute to add balance. In fact, a point/counter-point regular column might be a lot of fun.

I like the point/counterpoint...fair and balanced with a lean to the right...I'm sure. USA Today does a we say and then provides a dissenting voice.

Serenity Now
8/12/2015, 09:30 PM
I have pretty low expectations. I'm not looking to become the next RedState; although, I'd love to see Erick Erickson knocked down a few pegs. I tend to write really long posts and a friend of mine has been pushing me to do a blog for years. Figured I'd bite the bullet and go for it.

You're a very good writer.

TAFBSooner
8/12/2015, 09:49 PM

I can't see you being anything like RedState. Almost every time I read something by Eric I want to throw up or punch him. You provide reasoned and consistent rationale for your point of view.

Don't worry, I still disagree with much of it. :)