PDA

View Full Version : FYI ... Do you realize ...

Mac94
7/27/2015, 10:46 AM
that this upcoming weekend is the last weekend without football for the rest of 2015? The following Sunday we have the NFL Hall of Fame inductions and game and then the NFL gets started with preseason for everyone ... the kids will be reporting back to school for two a days ... football will be here! Our long national nightmare known as the offseason is ending!!!!!

swardboy
7/27/2015, 12:45 PM
10-4 good buddie!

KantoSooner
7/27/2015, 02:29 PM
I wonder what the viewership/attendance numbers look like for baseball as this event happens. I would guess a drop off to near zero with a recovery in late September.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/27/2015, 05:46 PM
that this upcoming weekend is the last weekend without football for the rest of 2015? The following Sunday we have the NFL Hall of Fame inductions and game and then the NFL gets started with preseason for everyone ... the kids will be reporting back to school for two a days ... football will be here! Our long national nightmare known as the offseason is ending!!!!!Good luck to your lassie aggy in the SEC SEC SEC! Hope you don't lose more than 6 or 7 games, so your faithful can cheer on about the conference again.

Mac94
7/27/2015, 09:38 PM
Lol ... no clue what A&M will look like ... nor do I know what OU will look like. All part of the fun. But answers are right around the calendar corner.

bluedogok
7/27/2015, 10:57 PM
I wonder what the viewership/attendance numbers look like for baseball as this event happens. I would guess a drop off to near zero with a recovery in late September.
It depends on the team record and their chances for the playoff. Like most of the things around baseball, it is nuanced. The Rockies attract a good crowd most of the time just because a game at Coors Field is a pretty nice event win or lose and we have had so much rain quite a few games were rained out, with the weather getting nice they have been getting close to filling it up. A lot of people don't go for the game, just for the event. On games opposite the Broncos the attendance suffers but the rest of the week it is pretty good. College games have no impact here.

7/28/2015, 12:40 AM
Poor CU... Looks like Bill McCartney's record will never be equaled up there. Kinda tough having a pro team in the same city as a college. Austin needs a pro football team.

SicEmBaylor
7/28/2015, 12:44 AM
Poor CU... Looks like Bill McCartney's record will never be equaled up there. Kinda tough having a pro team in the same city as a college. Austin needs a pro football team.

LA has done well enough with both.

7/28/2015, 12:54 AM
LA has done well enough with both.I would have agreement with that being the most successful situation(financially-attendance) for a college with pro teams nearby, but LA hasn't had a pro team in a while, and when they did have one, I believe their existence did take away a considerable sum from both usuc and UCLA.

OU ought to fight any efforts made to have a pro football team in OKC. Tell the promoters to take their pitch down to Austn, where they really DO need one.

Pride1Mom
7/29/2015, 09:35 AM
I have been watching the OU Classics, but it is not the same as watching a complete game. It's like taking a baby aspirin to relieve the pain......

swardboy
7/29/2015, 11:10 AM

I'm pretty sure St. Louis' numbers won't suffer...winning wins all battles.

bluedogok
7/30/2015, 09:45 PM
I'm pretty sure St. Louis' numbers won't suffer...winning wins all battles.
...and football games in NFL markets only happen once a week. In most markets the majority of people only watch games involving the home team unless it is a high profile game. Even then it isn't like there is a high profile game on every night. No one here in Denver is getting hyped up to watch a Bucs-Jags game unless they are fans of those teams.

SicEmBaylor
7/30/2015, 09:48 PM
Lol ... no clue what A&M will look like

Spoiler Alert: Aggie will fulfill their most cherished tradition of looking like lunatics for yet another year.

stoopified
7/31/2015, 12:09 AM
LA has done well enough with both.? What pro football team is in LA?

SicEmBaylor
7/31/2015, 12:12 AM
? What pro football team is in LA?

I'm a little behind the times -- I didn't realize the Raiders had moved to Oakland, lol.

Just pretend like I said 'Miami' instead.

Mac94
7/31/2015, 09:47 AM
Aggie will fulfill their most cherished tradition of looking like lunatics for yet another year.

Oh ... Aggies will be Aggies ... but how will the football team look is the question.

And ... FYI ... better to be a "lunatic" than a poser wannabe ;-)

swardboy
7/31/2015, 10:15 AM
...and football games in NFL markets only happen once a week. In most markets the majority of people only watch games involving the home team unless it is a high profile game. Even then it isn't like there is a high profile game on every night. No one here in Denver is getting hyped up to watch a Bucs-Jags game unless they are fans of those teams.

Did you see where the St. Louis Cardinals signed a deal with FoxSports Midwest to televise games through 2032? This puts a billion dollars in St. Louis' pocket! They'll be awesome for years.

bluedogok
7/31/2015, 11:13 PM
? What pro football team is in LA?
USC?

Did you see where the St. Louis Cardinals signed a deal with FoxSports Midwest to televise games through 2032? This puts a billion dollars in St. Louis' pocket! They'll be awesome for years.
Yep, the recent contracts for the high profile teams have been big ones lately. They have almost always had a solid franchise, the Rockies need new owners. The meat packers have been clueless.