PDA

View Full Version : Makes ya wonder dont it?

olevetonahill
7/19/2015, 09:42 AM
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/p480x480/11753745_864305746949855_1915580408488059396_n.jpg ?oh=f317d79102b56aa928cd5963c78da514&oe=564A306E

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/19/2015, 01:34 PM
We all(or at least mostly)know what's going on with that. The bigger question is why we don't get the country in gear and right the ship?

A. To even begin to do so could cause political and civil unrest that would disrupt what's left of our economy and civil order.

Breadburner
7/19/2015, 02:38 PM
Gotta have the Military on your side.....

champions77
7/19/2015, 03:06 PM
Another phony lib issue, voter suppression. Funny how many of the same folks that the Dems claim can't get registered to vote, were able to get down to the right government Agency and apply for benefits?
Gosh why do the Democrats really have such a low opinion of their constituents? Do they believe they are capable of doing anything on their own?

yermom
7/19/2015, 04:44 PM
I don't really get this one either. But, on the other side, how much fraud is really happening?

champions77
7/19/2015, 05:01 PM
More fraud than voter suppression I can promise you that.

yermom
7/19/2015, 05:30 PM
Spoken like a true Republican

olevetonahill
7/19/2015, 06:34 PM
I don't really get this one either. But, on the other side, how much fraud is really happening?

Dave its kinda like Now you have to show ID to buy cigarettes, You can be 95 and using a walker and they cant sell em to you without ID, what up with That?
Libs seem to think its ok to place restrictions yet no one else can.

yermom
7/19/2015, 06:41 PM
cigarettes aren't a right though

SoonerorLater
7/19/2015, 06:58 PM

They aren't a right for illegal aliens either.

olevetonahill
7/19/2015, 08:10 PM

Have to be 18 to VOTE ya have to be 18 To buy smokes. Split another hair bro LOL
Ok I say we shouldnt require ID to be able to vote Just require em to prove they are 18 with a Photo ID ok?

Tear Down This Wall
7/20/2015, 05:53 PM
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/p480x480/11753745_864305746949855_1915580408488059396_n.jpg ?oh=f317d79102b56aa928cd5963c78da514&oe=564A306E

Mexico also has voter ID cards similar to that. Yet...the Mexicans here are offended by the idea that we would want them to have one.

http://www.thedustininmansociety.org/pics_art/mexican_voter_id_front.jpg

Tear Down This Wall
7/20/2015, 05:54 PM
Mexico Voter ID Card, front and back...thumbprint, magnetic strip, and everything:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SX26lgZwZzo/UBL_WqMBzAI/AAAAAAAAANE/M2SHdeh2tmM/s1600/ife+-+user+voters+card.jpg

TAFBSooner
7/22/2015, 04:13 PM
Mexico also has voter ID cards similar to that. Yet...the Mexicans here are offended by the idea that we would want them to have one.

http://www.thedustininmansociety.org/pics_art/mexican_voter_id_front.jpg

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/story/2012-01-22/mexico-national-voter-ID-cards/52779410/1

The card is free, administered by the federal government, and available at hundreds of sites nation-wide. It's basically a national ID card, used for boarding airplanes and opening bank accounts.

Are conservatives OK with the idea of a US voter ID being administered by our federal government? That's now a state responsibility.

I haven't heard that US citizens of Mexican heritage have a problem with voter IDs. Legal immigrants, i.e., those complying with our laws, aren't affected anyway. And the undocumented just want to stay away from La Migra, so they don't have an issue with voter ID either.

Unemployed people, the elderly who no longer drive, and students are the main ones impacted by the requirement.

Tear Down This Wall
7/22/2015, 04:29 PM
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/story/2012-01-22/mexico-national-voter-ID-cards/52779410/1

The card is free, administered by the federal government, and available at hundreds of sites nation-wide. It's basically a national ID card, used for boarding airplanes and opening bank accounts.

Are conservatives OK with the idea of a US voter ID being administered by our federal government? That's now a state responsibility.

I haven't heard that US citizens of Mexican heritage have a problem with voter IDs. Legal immigrants, i.e., those complying with our laws, aren't affected anyway. And the undocumented just want to stay away from La Migra, so they don't have an issue with voter ID either.

Unemployed people, the elderly who no longer drive, and students are the main ones impacted by the requirement.

What difference does it make? State have already passed voter ID laws, which courts have struck down. I'm not sure the states, during voting, asked each voter who voted for having IDs to vote whether or not they were conservative.

The point is, as you well know, that Democrats claim voter ID laws disenfranchise people. It's ridiculous. As incompetent as Mexico is, it somehow manages to produce a voter ID law for their citizens, and it works.

There should be no objection to voter ID laws in the United States. Most states where laws have been passed don't even call for a voter card, but rather something as simple as a drivers license or state ID card - two things legal citizens have no problem obtaining.

olevetonahill
7/22/2015, 04:49 PM
Here ya go TAFB

U.N. Poll Watchers Baffled U.S. Doesn't Require I.D. to Vote

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/11/06/un_poll_watchers_baffled_us_doesnt_require_id_to_v ote

champions77
7/22/2015, 06:38 PM
What difference does it make? State have already passed voter ID laws, which courts have struck down. I'm not sure the states, during voting, asked each voter who voted for having IDs to vote whether or not they were conservative.

The point is, as you well know, that Democrats claim voter ID laws disenfranchise people. It's ridiculous. As incompetent as Mexico is, it somehow manages to produce a voter ID law for their citizens, and it works.

There should be no objection to voter ID laws in the United States. Most states where laws have been passed don't even call for a voter card, but rather something as simple as a drivers license or state ID card - two things legal citizens have no problem obtaining.

If you look back historically, Democrats have for years been associated with voter fraud. It's in their DNA. So when someone comes along that threatens that, then their natural response is to try and maintain that advantage, regardless of how Really stupid it makes them. Requiring someone to present an ID in order to vote? Also I believe it sends a signal that the Democratic Party bosses have a really low opinion of their constituents. Poor helpless souls.

Serenity Now
7/22/2015, 11:30 PM
If you look back historically, Democrats have for years been associated with voter fraud. It's in their DNA. So when someone comes along that threatens that, then their natural response is to try and maintain that advantage, regardless of how Really stupid it makes them. Requiring someone to present an ID in order to vote? Also I believe it sends a signal that the Democratic Party bosses have a really low opinion of their constituents. Poor helpless souls.

I'd be less cynical of this movement if it weren't so blatant. Texas is a great example that I've detailed before. The right votes to require voter identification but refuses to vote to make it simpler to get accessible identification. Very blatant.

And voter fraud has been proven to be much like the chupacabra.

When we had this discussion in my right wing Sunday schoo class it was determined that 2-3 of our relatives would not be able to get an ID if they lost theirs.

Curly Bill
7/22/2015, 11:35 PM
It's a campaign issue for the donks. Something to get their low information, low IQ, and low ambition masses stirred up over.

Oh noes!! THE MAN is gonna try and take away muh right to vote!

champions77
7/23/2015, 09:41 AM
I'd be less cynical of this movement if it weren't so blatant. Texas is a great example that I've detailed before. The right votes to require voter identification but refuses to vote to make it simpler to get accessible identification. Very blatant.

And voter fraud has been proven to be much like the chupacabra.

When we had this discussion in my right wing Sunday schoo class it was determined that 2-3 of our relatives would not be able to get an ID if they lost theirs.

With all due respect, I don't believe you about the 2-3 of your relatives could not get an Id. So that begs the question, do those folks that couldn't get an ID even vote if they could get an ID?

It seems odd to me that with all of the state and federal programs, that the people have to take some initiative to enroll in these programs. Of course these programs benefit them so there's the carrot. In society today, you can't do anything without an ID. To accuse the GOP of voter suppression is ridiculous.

Again, it was a Democratic backed ACORN that was canvassing the country registering bogus people to vote. What do you say about that?

Lastly, if the Democratic Party represented responsible folks that took some initiative to register, then were able to make it to the polls on election day, without being prodded and picked up and given favors, as an inducement to vote, then maybe the process wouldn't stink so bad. These substantially outweigh any voter suppression the GOP has ever been involved in.

olevetonahill
7/23/2015, 10:32 AM
Not to Mention Champ but why Couldnt HE take those 2 or 3 relatives to get an ID? Typical Lib wants the Gov. to do everything for em.

Serenity Now
7/23/2015, 11:12 AM
With all due respect, I don't believe you about the 2-3 of your relatives could not get an Id. So that begs the question, do those folks that couldn't get an ID even vote if they could get an ID?

It seems odd to me that with all of the state and federal programs, that the people have to take some initiative to enroll in these programs. Of course these programs benefit them so there's the carrot. In society today, you can't do anything without an ID. To accuse the GOP of voter suppression is ridiculous.

Again, it was a Democratic backed ACORN that was canvassing the country registering bogus people to vote. What do you say about that?

Lastly, if the Democratic Party represented responsible folks that took some initiative to register, then were able to make it to the polls on election day, without being prodded and picked up and given favors, as an inducement to vote, then maybe the process wouldn't stink so bad. These substantially outweigh any voter suppression the GOP has ever been involved in.

I'm one of 3 Dems in a Sunday School class of about 20 that had about 12 people there that day. One of the 17 to the right of me brought this up in our pre-class discussion. The issue was that, out of the 12 of us there, we realized that 2-3 of THEM had relatives that didn't have a current ID and they would have trouble getting them without their family. None of them were my family. The "all due respect" is cute. Basically calling me a liar.

Voter fraud is akin to bigfoot. I'm OK with voter ID laws if those same movements would coincide with movements to facilitate people getting said ID's or even if they opened up some of the ID's allowed. That's not how it works out. Funny huh. When I read about this a few years ago the forms of ID utilized seem to focus on limiting certain voters. You know, the young ones.

Serenity Now
7/23/2015, 11:17 AM
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/government-elections-politics/why-voter-id-laws-arent-really-about-fraud/

Voter ID laws have all been sponsored by Republicans and passed overwhelmingly by Republican legislatures. A conservative U.S. circuit judge, Richard Posner, in a recent scathing critique of these laws, calling the expressed concern about fraud a “a mere fig leaf” and that they instead “appear to be aimed at limiting voting by minorities, particularly blacks.”

“There is only one motivation for imposing burdens on voting that are ostensibly designed to discourage voter-impersonation fraud,” Posner wrote, “…and that is to discourage voting by persons likely to vote against the party responsible for imposing the burdens.”
Activist judges.

Serenity Now
7/23/2015, 11:29 AM
If they were really worried about voter fraud they'd focus on mail voting that it is much more susceptible to voter fraud instead of in person voting. Who votes absentee? The elderly. What channel do they watch? Fox. Who do they vote for?

Serenity Now
7/23/2015, 11:42 AM
http://www.brennancenter.org/sites/default/files/legacy/The%20Truth%20About%20Voter%20Fraud.pdf

If you actually read some of this you will tire of reading this sentence - "None of these votes could have been resolved by requiring photo ID at the polls."

You may see numbers that look like this: 0.0004%

They will likely be followed by this: None of these votes could have been resolved by requiring photo ID at the polls.

Chupacabra or Sasquatch?

olevetonahill
7/23/2015, 12:06 PM
Hey Sin now, if it aint a big deal then why Ya bitchin?

Serenity Now
7/23/2015, 12:16 PM
Hey Sin now, if it aint a big deal then why Ya bitchin?

Because of the hypocracy. TAFB made a great point. If getting ID's were accessible the OP would be apples/apples. As it is, we're talking apples and pears. Estimates indicate that 400,000 fewer people voted in Texas because of it.

olevetonahill
7/23/2015, 12:21 PM
Because of the hypocracy. TAFB made a great point. If getting ID's were accessible the OP would be apples/apples. As it is, we're talking apples and pears. Estimates indicate that 400,000 fewer people voted in Texas because of it.

And you KNOW every one of those 400K were all legitimate voters Right?:grief:

Serenity Now
7/23/2015, 12:50 PM
And you KNOW every one of those 400K were all legitimate voters Right?:grief:

Since the actual findings of voter fraud are infinitesimal, I'd think so.

olevetonahill
7/23/2015, 01:42 PM
Since the actual findings of voter fraud are infinitesimal, I'd think so.

And who did all these "Findings"?

REDREX
7/23/2015, 01:50 PM
And who did all these "Findings"?---Good question----I doubt that it gets answered

Serenity Now
7/23/2015, 02:15 PM
It's based off of cases found and documented/prosecuted in the various states - much like how some websites track bigfoot sightings.

REDREX
7/23/2015, 02:21 PM
It's based off of cases found and documented/prosecuted in the various states - much like how some websites track bigfoot sightings.----Like I said no answer

Serenity Now
7/23/2015, 02:28 PM
I guess you guys didn't read the link. I apologize it's not newsmax, infowars, etc. It's only got about 200 footnotes.

Serenity Now
7/23/2015, 02:43 PM
I'm not necessarily against voter ID. I just think, if put into place, we should also put into place the mechanisms to make identification accessible to all....like they do in Mexico. The fact that you guys don't see that is curious to me.

olevetonahill
7/23/2015, 02:51 PM
It's based off of cases found and documented/prosecuted in the various states - much like how some websites track bigfoot sightings.

Do you even understand that mouth full of Horse shat ya just typed? Really?
Please go into detail and explain that statement,
You sound Like pelousey sayin they "Have to Pass it to Know whats in it".

champions77
7/23/2015, 02:54 PM
I'm one of 3 Dems in a Sunday School class of about 20 that had about 12 people there that day. One of the 17 to the right of me brought this up in our pre-class discussion. The issue was that, out of the 12 of us there, we realized that 2-3 of THEM had relatives that didn't have a current ID and they would have trouble getting them without their family. None of them were my family. The "all due respect" is cute. Basically calling me a liar.

Voter fraud is akin to bigfoot. I'm OK with voter ID laws if those same movements would coincide with movements to facilitate people getting said ID's or even if they opened up some of the ID's allowed. That's not how it works out. Funny huh. When I read about this a few years ago the forms of ID utilized seem to focus on limiting certain voters. You know, the young ones.

Why say things you know are not true. You need to sit down and research voter fraud. There has been plenty of it over the last 50 years. Chicago has probably been the epicenter of it for years, a Democratic stronghold.
Again, the only reason that the GOP requires a voter Id is because of the fraud that has taken place, no other reason besides that and it only makes common sense.

The antics of ACORN would make anyone believe that any organization that would commit that degree of fraudulent voter registrations....would then be comfortable in committing voter fraud, right?

olevetonahill
7/23/2015, 02:54 PM
I'm not necessarily against voter ID. I just think, if put into place, we should also put into place the mechanisms to make identification accessible to all....like they do in Mexico. The fact that you guys don't see that is curious to me.

Oh I see what ya mean now, Lets get a Bunch of "Community Organizers" to go around and Give everyone an ID . Yea Buddy thats the ticket.

REDREX
7/23/2015, 04:10 PM
Like they say in Chicago---"Vote early and vote often"

Serenity Now
7/23/2015, 05:33 PM
Why say things you know are not true. You need to sit down and research voter fraud. There has been plenty of it over the last 50 years. Chicago has probably been the epicenter of it for years, a Democratic stronghold.
Again, the only reason that the GOP requires a voter Id is because of the fraud that has taken place, no other reason besides that and it only makes common sense.
I figure the federal judge quoted here knows more about it than anyone posting in this thread.
The antics of ACORN would make anyone believe that any organization that would commit that degree of fraudulent voter registrations....would then be comfortable in committing voter fraud, right?
I figure the federal judge quoted earlier in the thread knows more about it than you or me.

Serenity Now
7/23/2015, 05:39 PM

This.

Serenity Now
7/23/2015, 05:43 PM
Republican circuit court judge on the topic:

Voter ID laws have all been sponsored by Republicans and passed overwhelmingly by Republican legislatures. A conservative U.S. circuit judge, Richard Posner, in a recent scathing critique of these laws, calling the expressed concern about fraud a “a mere fig leaf” and that they instead “appear to be aimed at limiting voting by minorities, particularly blacks.”

“There is only one motivation for imposing burdens on voting that are ostensibly designed to discourage voter-impersonation fraud,” Posner wrote, “…and that is to discourage voting by persons likely to vote against the party responsible for imposing the burdens.”

olevetonahill
7/23/2015, 06:36 PM

Swallow some more horse shat!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/23/2015, 07:55 PM

“There is only one motivation for imposing burdens on voting that are ostensibly designed to discourage voter-impersonation fraud,” Posner wrote, “…and that is to discourage voting by persons likely to vote against the party responsible for imposing the burdens.”Too bad there are ANY judges like that guy, anywhere, if he actually did say that nonsense.

TAFBSooner
7/24/2015, 10:26 AM

Yeah, no, there is another reason, as explained by Franklin County (Columbus) GOP Chair Doug Preisse and  Pennsylvania House majority leader Mike Turzai:

http://www.thenation.com/article/ohio-gop-admits-early-voting-cutbacks-are-racially-motivated/

As we all know from experience, every member of an organization, including temp workers, has exactly the same viewpoint and motivation as those of the organization itself.</snark>

ACORN hired temp workers to go out and solicit voter registration forms. They were paid piece rates. I don't know why it's so hard for conservatives to see that that tactic resulted in voter registration forms for Mickey Mouse.

Voter registration fraud <> vote fraud.

TAFBSooner
7/24/2015, 10:30 AM
Too bad there are ANY judges like that guy, anywhere, if he actually did say that nonsense.

Because all GOP politicians are honest and want only for the election process to be fair and represent the will of the people?

Serenity Now
7/24/2015, 10:41 AM
Yeah, no, there is another reason, as explained by Franklin County (Columbus) GOP Chair Doug Preisse and  Pennsylvania House majority leader Mike Turzai:

http://www.thenation.com/article/ohio-gop-admits-early-voting-cutbacks-are-racially-motivated/

As we all know from experience, every member of an organization, including temp workers, has exactly the same viewpoint and motivation as those of the organization itself.</snark>

ACORN hired temp workers to go out and solicit voter registration forms. They were paid piece rates. I don't know why it's so hard for conservatives to see that that tactic resulted in voter registration forms for Mickey Mouse.

Voter registration fraud <> vote fraud.

Because they won't actually read the link:

Franklin County (Columbus) GOP Chair Doug Preisse gave a surprisingly blunt answer to the Columbus Dispatch on Sunday: “I guess I really actually feel we shouldn’t contort the voting process to accommodate the urban—read African-American—voter-turnout machine.” Preisse is not some rogue operative but the chairman of the Republican Party in Ohio’s second-largest county and a close adviser to Ohio Governor John Kasich.

To me efforting to cut early voting for people after 7:00 PM is nothing but trying to keep working class people from voting. This link highlights well that it is the fig leaf referenced above - Nothing more than voter suppression:

Cutbacks to early voting disproportionately disenfranchise African-American voters in Ohio. African-Americans comprise 21 percent of the population in Franklin and Montgomery counties and 28 percent in Cleveland’s Cuyahoga County but accounted for 31 percent, 52 percent and 56 percent of early voters in the respective counties in 2008. (Nearly half of early voters in Franklin County in 2008 did so on nights or weekends.)

Now it’ll be harder for voters across Ohio, particularly in the most populous, heavily Democratic cities, to find a convenient time to vote before Election Day in order to avoid the long lines that plagued the state in 2004 and may have cost John Kerry the election. “In the hours and days now eliminated by legislative and Sec. of State restrictions, an estimated 197,000 Early In-Person votes were cast, constituting about 3.4% of all votes cast statewide in 2008,” according to a new report by Norman Robbins, research director for Northeast Ohio Voter Advocates. “This is very significant in Ohio where major elections have often been decided by a 2% margin of victory.”