PDA

View Full Version : The Emporer Has Spoken

Since71ASooner4Life
7/14/2015, 06:34 AM
Just listened to the big announcement about the economic relief given to his Muslim friends in Iran, and his pre-announcement that he will veto any congressional attempts to alter his deal. Looks like the community organizer is at his bipartisan best today.

Any bets on how long it will be before we hear about inspectors being disallowed to do their job, and death to America chanting Iranians featured on the 6 o'clock news? Oh wait a minute, his Muslim friends have never paused their chanting.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/14/2015, 08:41 AM
We will rue the day of this agreement. Iran will have the bomb. Iran will mess with the region to bring about their "caliphate" and crush Sunni's. Saudi Arabia will buy a bomb. Thanks Leftist in Chief, Marxist in Chief and Muslim in Chief...

Serenity Now
7/14/2015, 09:29 AM
We will rue the day of this agreement. Iran will have the bomb. Iran will mess with the region to bring about their "caliphate" and crush Sunni's. Saudi Arabia will buy a bomb. Thanks Leftist in Chief, Marxist in Chief and Muslim in Chief...

Bibi has been saying that for 20 years. The chicken hawks have got us into this morass. Maybe we should see how diplomacy works.

REDREX
7/14/2015, 09:34 AM
Bibi has been saying that for 20 years. The chicken hawks have got us into this morass. Maybe we should see how diplomacy works.---Maybe if we didn't have the weakest President of our lifetime making the deal

Serenity Now
7/14/2015, 09:36 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/01/iraq-war-mission-accomplished_n_7191382.html

More than 12 years ago....

dwarthog
7/14/2015, 10:43 AM
Less than 12 years ago...

http://nypost.com/2014/08/12/the-war-obama-didnt-end/

REDREX
7/14/2015, 10:52 AM

http://nypost.com/2014/08/12/the-war-obama-didnt-end/---Barack is an idiot

BoulderSooner79
7/14/2015, 10:53 AM

We're all gonna die!

SoonerProphet
7/14/2015, 12:18 PM

http://nypost.com/2014/08/12/the-war-obama-didnt-end/

Rich Lowry, seriously, has he came out out and publicly stated how f*ckin wrong he was about Iraq yet. His op-eds belong on the tabloid post cause it's fiction.

SoonerProphet
7/14/2015, 12:21 PM

So 15% of the Muslim world is going to "crush" the other 85%. Seems legit.

Curly Bill
7/14/2015, 12:30 PM

Long time, no see. You been somewhere "occupying" something?

Tear Down This Wall
7/14/2015, 12:52 PM

How much of the world was screwed up by Germany and Japan in WWII? I'd say less than 15% of the world at the time was German or Japanese. All it takes is a powerful enough weapon or army, and enough fanatics behind it. The muslim world has no shortage of fanatics, and will continue to try to develop nuclear weapons.

It will come to a head because we live in a world full of Neville Chamberlains.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/14/2015, 12:56 PM
I would say the Shi'ite Republican Guard is much more fanatical and much more able than any Sunni led army or military.

dwarthog
7/14/2015, 01:20 PM
Rich Lowry, seriously, has he came out out and publicly stated how f*ckin wrong he was about Iraq yet. His op-eds belong on the tabloid post cause it's fiction.

No idea who he is, nor do I care.

I just picked one link of many to illustrate the predilection by politicians to "declare victory" where there is/was none.

Party is irrelevant.

SoonerProphet
7/14/2015, 01:25 PM
Long time, no see. You been somewhere "occupying" something?

Your mom.

SoonerProphet
7/14/2015, 01:29 PM
I would say the Shi'ite Republican Guard is much more fanatical and much more able than any Sunni led army or military.

If you said Arab, sure I could get behind that. Turkey and Pakistan are Sunni and one would radiate the sh!t outta the Persians.

Curly Bill
7/14/2015, 01:29 PM
Your mom.

That's it? And I thought you were at least one step above the usual simpleminded liberal. You disappoint me.

Since71ASooner4Life
7/14/2015, 01:46 PM
Boy, for such an awesome deal that the whole world couldn't wait to sign, I've seen hardly any commentary from outside of US and Iran. Where's all the worldwide support and celebration for this historic milestone which betters the planet?

SoonerProphet
7/14/2015, 01:52 PM
That's it? And I thought you were at least one step above the usual simpleminded liberal. You disappoint me.

I was thinking the same thing. What kinda lame *** leads with an "occupy" zinger. Christ man, I got girls softball team that throws harder.

Curly Bill
7/14/2015, 02:05 PM
I was thinking the same thing. What kinda lame *** leads with an "occupy" zinger. Christ man, I got girls softball team that throws harder.

You weren't thinking the same thing. I handed you your a**, hurt your feelers, and now you're lashing out (Oh, I was thinking the same thing!)

You have liberal beta male written all over you. And I didn't even mention the softball.

Serenity Now
7/14/2015, 02:10 PM
You weren't thinking the same thing. I handed you your a**, hurt your feelers, and now you're lashing out (Oh, I was thinking the same thing!)

You have liberal beta male written all over you. And I didn't even mention the softball.

I've got softball players AND soccer players. We've' got both kinds here - country and western...

Curly Bill
7/14/2015, 02:13 PM
I've got softball players AND soccer players. We've' got both kinds here - country and western...

I don't like soccer, but I can respect it in that you have to be physically fit to be any good at it. So...while not a big fan, I don't much mock soccer.

And when played on the international level I actually do kinda like it.

champions77
7/14/2015, 02:14 PM
---Maybe if we didn't have the weakest President of our lifetime making the deal

So do you really, really have any confidence that BHO negotiated a sound agreement that was in our best interest? If so, what has he done in the past that gives you such optimism? Looks like he moved what was acceptable and unacceptable several times in the process, kind of like that red line in Syria.

You know Serenity in most negotiations, when the entity you are negotiating with carries on overt terrorist activities and screams out "Death to America", that for most folks would be the end of the negotiations. But with BHO, style over substance baby and an Agreement is an Agreement. Kind of like Healthcare. ACA was probably the most ill conceived legislation ever passed into law in this country, but hey man, it's Healthcare.....and I did it!!!

Did this negotiating disaster with the initials BHO even get one concession out of the Cuban government besides the Internet that would give those people some additional freedom?

SoonerProphet
7/14/2015, 02:16 PM

Handed me my *** with an occupy joke? Okay big guy, how can I come back from that.

You have typical meathead alpha male written all over you so neener. Geez, do I have f*ckin spell it out for you, occupy joke=softball toss. Hope that helps.

Curly Bill
7/14/2015, 02:18 PM
The Cuba deal is one area I'm with Obammy on. I'm of the mind whatever it is we're supposed to have been doing regarding them the past 50 sum-odd years was STUPID!

Curly Bill
7/14/2015, 02:21 PM
Handed me my *** with an occupy joke? Okay big guy, how can I come back from that.

You have typical meathead alpha male written all over you so neener. Geez, do I have f*ckin spell it out for you, occupy joke=softball toss. Hope that helps.

Naw, I don't care for meatheads either. I make fun of them just as I do you Nancy-boys. But I'll take the alpha male part of it - sadly you don't recognize that as a compliment, so thanks!

champions77
7/14/2015, 02:47 PM
The Cuba deal is one area I'm with Obammy on. I'm of the mind whatever it is we're supposed to have been doing regarding them the past 50 sum-odd years was STUPID!

Sorry but I don't buy it was all of our fault. Why doesn't Cuba take some blame for not moving towards some degree of Democracy all of those years? They are a ruthless communist regime that denies it's people basic rights and liberties, shoots them as they try to escape to freedom. And we are supposed to give in to that?

FaninAma
7/14/2015, 02:49 PM
Obama is a POS but he cannot screw up the Middle East more than it is already screwed up. It is time for Saudi Arabia and the other "moderate" Muslim countries to take out Iran if they think they are that big of an existential threat. It is not our job. The Shiites in power in Iran don't just hate the Jews.

Curly Bill
7/14/2015, 03:08 PM
Sorry but I don't buy it was all of our fault. Why doesn't Cuba take some blame for not moving towards some degree of Democracy all of those years? They are a ruthless communist regime that denies it's people basic rights and liberties, shoots them as they try to escape to freedom. And we are supposed to give in to that?

Yeah, not our country, not our business!

...and I didn't brag on Cuba, but that doesn't mean what we were doing wasn't stupid.

champions77
7/14/2015, 04:11 PM
Yeah, not our country, not our business!

...and I didn't brag on Cuba, but that doesn't mean what we were doing wasn't stupid.
I don't have a problem ignoring a Communist Country 90 miles off our shore.
If you applied your "not our country, not our business" to the past, wow would the world look differently.

BoulderSooner79
7/14/2015, 05:01 PM
Obama is a POS but he cannot screw up the Middle East more than it is already screwed up. It is time for Saudi Arabia and the other "moderate" Muslim countries to take out Iran if they think they are that big of an existential threat. It is not our job. The Shiites in power in Iran don't just hate the Jews.

^This. And Saudi Arabia has already put out a message to Iran to use the new found funds for the good of the Iranian people and not for disrupting the region - that's a promising sign. Israel can already level Iran to ash if they really felt threatened.

BoulderSooner79
7/14/2015, 05:06 PM
If you applied your "not our country, not our business" to the past, wow would the world look differently.

You don't have much faith in the American way of life then. I think that American tourists visiting Cuba and interacting with the people and spending money at their businesses would go a lot further changing the culture than the playground tactics of shunning imposed by our government. But I admit it's only been a little over 50 years of this strategy, so maybe it would have eventually worked.

SoonerorLater
7/14/2015, 05:13 PM

To what end or purpose? How did our policy towards Cuba benefit the USA?

REDREX
7/14/2015, 05:34 PM
So do you really, really have any confidence that BHO negotiated a sound agreement that was in our best interest? If so, what has he done in the past that gives you such optimism? Looks like he moved what was acceptable and unacceptable several times in the process, kind of like that red line in Syria.

You know Serenity in most negotiations, when the entity you are negotiating with carries on overt terrorist activities and screams out "Death to America", that for most folks would be the end of the negotiations. But with BHO, style over substance baby and an Agreement is an Agreement. Kind of like Healthcare. ACA was probably the most ill conceived legislation ever passed into law in this country, but hey man, it's Healthcare.....and I did it!!!

Did this negotiating disaster with the initials BHO even get one concession out of the Cuban government besides the Internet that would give those people some additional freedom?----Don't you think at the very least they could have gotten the Americans held in Iran back?-----This is not just a bad deal for the US and the Jews but the entire middle east

SoonerProphet
7/14/2015, 05:57 PM
----Don't you think at the very least they could have gotten the Americans held in Iran back?-----This is not just a bad deal for the US and the Jews but the entire middle east

What did the prisoners have to do with the nuclear program? What part of this deal is bad?

It limits uranium stockpiles and enrichment capabilities, hard water reactor do be redesigned with plutonium monitored, vigorous inspections, and snap sanctions. How is this a bad deal? Better than the alternative.

Serenity Now
7/14/2015, 06:21 PM
What did the prisoners have to do with the nuclear program? What part of this deal is bad?

It limits uranium stockpiles and enrichment capabilities, hard water reactor do be redesigned with plutonium monitored, vigorous inspections, and snap sanctions. How is this a bad deal? Better than the alternative. Don't go ****ing things up with facts and reasoned opinions.

REDREX
7/14/2015, 06:32 PM

It limits uranium stockpiles and enrichment capabilities, hard water reactor do be redesigned with plutonium monitored, vigorous inspections, and snap sanctions. How is this a bad deal? Better than the alternative.--It would have been an easy give by Iran to let the people go as part of the deal----why not ask for it?----Oh I forgot how bad of a job Barack does on trades---------Most of the world thinks it is a bad deal---Barack would have signed anything----You have to give 24 days notice for " surprise inspection"?------I thought it was going to be like Barack said "Inspection Anywhere/Anytime"

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/14/2015, 06:48 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill
Sorry but I don't buy it was all of our fault. Why doesn't Cuba take some blame for not moving towards some degree of Democracy all of those years? They are a ruthless communist regime that denies it's people basic rights and liberties, shoots them as they try to escape to freedom. And we are supposed to give in to that?Fidel and Raul are murderers, and they always have hated freedom and the USA. Too bad they haven't passed on yet. it will be interesting to see what happens there once they do.

Since71ASooner4Life
7/14/2015, 07:07 PM
--It would have been an easy give by Iran to let the people go as part of the deal----why not ask for it?----Oh I forgot how bad of a job Barack does on trades---------Most of the world thinks it is a bad deal---Barack would have signed anything----You have to give 24 days notice for " surprise inspection"?------I thought it was going to be like Barack said "Inspection Anywhere/Anytime"

What do you mean Obama does bad on trades? He only gave up 4 high level Gitmo prisoners in exchange for an army deserter who's act of abandoning his post endangered his fellow soldiers.

7/14/2015, 07:50 PM
If you applied your "not our country, not our business" to the past, wow would the world look differently.Seems to be the most important view of the Libertarians.

REDREX
7/14/2015, 08:34 PM
What do you mean Obama does bad on trades? He only gave up 4 high level Gitmo prisoners in exchange for an army deserter who's act of abandoning his post endangered his fellow soldiers.---Your right it was a good trade for his side

olevetonahill
7/14/2015, 09:43 PM
To what end or purpose? How did our policy towards Cuba benefit the USA?

It did NOT benefit US at all! It simply hurt the Cuban Citizens

olevetonahill
7/14/2015, 09:46 PM

It limits uranium stockpiles and enrichment capabilities, hard water reactor do be redesigned with plutonium monitored, vigorous inspections, and snap sanctions. How is this a bad deal? Better than the alternative.

Is this Not the deal where They can make US beg for permission to Inspect!?

Sooner in Tampa
7/15/2015, 07:34 AM

BINGO!!! There is a 14 day notice...then there is a "committee" that has 7 days to decide if the inspection can happen...and THEN...another 3 days before inspection can start...24 days

The fuggin idiot strikes again...he negotiating skills are perhaps the worst in the history of mankind

dwarthog
7/15/2015, 09:29 AM
BINGO!!! There is a 14 day notice...then there is a "committee" that has 7 days to decide if the inspection can happen...and THEN...another 3 days before inspection can start...24 days

The fuggin idiot strikes again...he negotiating skills are perhaps the worst in the history of mankind

That'll have them toeing the line in abject fear of those snap inspections!

dwarthog
7/15/2015, 09:29 AM
It did NOT benefit US at all! It simply hurt the Cuban Citizens

There is a lesson on humanity in this statement.

SoonerProphet
7/16/2015, 05:49 AM

Declared nuclear sites are under continuous surveillance. If the IAEA want to inspect other sites and Iran refuses, then the arbitration process kicks in.

olevetonahill
7/16/2015, 07:39 AM
Declared nuclear sites are under continuous surveillance. If the IAEA want to inspect other sites and Iran refuses, then the arbitration process kicks in.

Oh I see, More Political BullShat! iran dont declare the sites where they doing the serious Nuke crap and then we all go back to the table and talk about it some more, Right? in the mean time iran gets what it wants,
You go Obammy and whistledick kerry.:disturbed:

Sooner in Tampa
7/16/2015, 09:45 AM
Let's also COMPELETLY ignore that fact that Iran has 4 American "hostages" and these jackwagons haven't done jack**** about it

champions77
7/16/2015, 09:56 AM
More lies and deception from the Potus. For those of you that still think this man is a good President, what are you stupid or what? My gosh how much more of the same do you have to see before you figure it out?

olevetonahill
7/16/2015, 10:02 AM
Let's also COMPELETLY ignore that fact that Iran has 4 American "hostages" and these jackwagons haven't done jack**** about it

But dont ask him about it, He'll Chew ya out!
http://www.syracuse.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/07/obama_scolds_reporter_who_asked_about_americans_he ld_by_iran.html

champions77
7/16/2015, 11:04 AM
Congrats Obama, you have an "historic" Agreement with one of the most vile, murderous exporters of terrorism in the world. Unfortunately the results of which will do little more than feed your enormous ego than it does to curb Iran's appetite for Nuclear arms.
History will tell us I'm afraid that this Agreement sowed the seeds of WWIII.
I pray I am wrong.

REDREX
7/16/2015, 01:16 PM
Any of the OBOTS out there want to admit that Barack is the worst President of our lifetime?

champions77
7/16/2015, 02:15 PM
Any of the OBOTS out there want to admit that Barack is the worst President of our lifetime?

You mean besides his "historic" accomplishments in foreign policy, you had to be impressed with his .2 DECREASE in the GDP in the First Quarter? Or the Ten TRILLION additional in National debt that will have accumulated on BHO's watch?

Or maybe the 36,000 Criminal Aliens that ICE freed from detention onto our streets in 2013. Moreover they had a total of almost 88,000 convictions of crimes, and that bunch of future democratic voters had 193 homicides. And this news is hardly known to anyone, but The Donald states a few true facts of what is coming over the border, and is vilified by the media for two weeks.

Folks we are one screwed up mess of a country. We are a conglomeration of tens of millions of lazy, stupid people who demand much but contribute very little to the well being of this Nation, and for it all, dire consequences await us all.

God help us.

BoulderSooner79
7/16/2015, 05:42 PM

My prediction is that he will go down in history as a better than average President. Of course, we'll have to wait a fair amount of years after his term is over to find out. The rating I'm talking about is from true historians that use objective measures - not people that might comment on a message board.

REDREX
7/16/2015, 05:59 PM
My prediction is that he will go down in history as a better than average President. Of course, we'll have to wait a fair amount of years after his term is over to find out. The rating I'm talking about is from true historians that use objective measures - not people that might comment on a message board.---What has he accomplished?

BoulderSooner79
7/16/2015, 06:10 PM
---What has he accomplished?

I'm not an historian, I'm just making a prediction in the same way one makes preseason college football predictions. I've seen lots of partisan commentary in both directions on events that have happened during his terms that could easily be view differently in the context of how history plays out. An easier prediction (i.e. sure bet) is that no matter how the experts judge his legacy, the partisans will disagree with it.

Serenity Now
7/16/2015, 06:11 PM
Reagan worked very well with Iran.

REDREX
7/16/2015, 06:13 PM
So you can't name one accomplishment ?

BoulderSooner79
7/16/2015, 06:20 PM
So you can't name one accomplishment ?

Anything that has happened during his term you would say is bad even if someone else would call it an accomplishment. So I'm not going to get in that kind of tedious exchange with you. I'm just predicting that some of the things described as so horrible in a very biased forum like this will not turn out to be so horrible.

Serenity Now
7/16/2015, 06:28 PM
I remember when I DEFENDED W on Iraq and said it would be 20 years until we know how this was goin. To play out. Not looking good right now.

REDREX
7/16/2015, 06:55 PM
Anything that has happened during his term you would say is bad even if someone else would call it an accomplishment. So I'm not going to get in that kind of tedious exchange with you. I'm just predicting that some of the things described as so horrible in a very biased forum like this will not turn out to be so horrible.---I hope you are correct

REDREX
7/16/2015, 06:57 PM
I remember when I DEFENDED W on Iraq and said it would be 20 years until we know how this was goin. To play out. Not looking good right now.---Might have worked out better if Barack had not surrendered the Country and left----The military and many in Gov't knew what would happen and it did

7/16/2015, 07:17 PM
---Might have worked out better if Barack had not surrendered the Country and left----The military and many in Gov't knew what would happen and it didWoops, the apologists for Bear forget to leave out that part.

champions77
7/16/2015, 09:34 PM
Woops, the apologists for Bear forget to leave out that part.

But he's smarter than all those Generals that advised him to leave about 10,000 troops Behind, even though he's never spent one day in uniform.

Curly Bill
7/16/2015, 09:51 PM
I still don't understand how W being an idiot, excuses Obammy from being a colossal idiot?!?!

If anyone on the left can explain that to me I'd be mighty thankful.

TAFBSooner
7/16/2015, 09:56 PM
Woops, the apologists for Bear forget to leave out that part.

While the Obama-haters leave out the parts that (1) Bush the Lesser negotiated the date for all US troops to leave Iraq, and Obama executed Bush's agreement after (2) doing all he could to get the Iraqis to agree to extend it under the then-existing terms that US troops are only answerable to US authorities. Now, I agree with that condition: US troops should only be answerable to US authorities, but the Iraqi politicians could in no way accept that after our record from 2003 to 2011. The only way to stay would have been to do so without even the fig-leaf of legal authority - do you think any US president should have stayed in Iraq against international law?

And (3) we liberals, and not just a few of the military and government officials, knew in 2002 (much less 2011), that Iraq's three main constituencies would break apart, and possibly go to war with each other.

TAFBSooner
7/16/2015, 10:32 PM
---What has he accomplished?

I think opening relations with Cuba was a good thing.

I think TPP is a very bad thing. Hopefully he won't "accomplish" it.

I think Obamacare is a mixed bag - but it's actually one of the better ideas I've seen from the conservative side ;)

Too soon to tell on the Iran agreement.

Admitting our role in Iran in 1953 was a very, very good thing. If the US would learn from that to stop fracking around in other countries, it would be much better.

The ARRA (jobs stimulus) bill in 2009, which was not as effective as it should have been, but did turn the economy up just enough to slowly work its way out of the Great Recession, was a good thing.

The Wall Street bailout was a bad thing, but would have been OK if he'd used the leverage he had then to break up the d@mn Wall Street banks.

Expanding State Children's Health Insurance Program was a good thing.

Allowing the NSA to keep spying on American citizens without warrants was a bad thing.

So his record is a mixed bag. Not the worst president this century, for sure.

Curly Bill
7/16/2015, 11:17 PM

I think Obamacare is a mixed bag - but it's actually one of the better ideas I've seen from the conservative side ;)

Admitting our role in Iran in 1953 was a very, very good thing. If the US would learn from that to stop fracking around in other countries, it would be much better.

The ARRA (jobs stimulus) bill in 2009, which was not as effective as it should have been, but did turn the economy up just enough to slowly work its way out of the Great Recession, was a good thing.

The Wall Street bailout was a bad thing, but would have been OK if he'd used the leverage he had then to break up the d@mn Wall Street banks.

Allowing the NSA to keep spying on American citizens without warrants was a bad thing.

There ya go, he's actually done one good thing. Not a bad track record for 7 years in office.

olevetonahill
7/17/2015, 01:08 AM
There ya go, he's actually done one good thing. Not a bad track record for 7 years in office.

Bingo!

Sooner in Tampa
7/17/2015, 08:05 AM

Your forgot the abortion that was the Bergdahl trade

The Bengazi fiasco

and the Fast and the Furious black eye

We also can't leave out he mushrooming deficit, increase in families on public subsistence, and of course the shrinking numbers of people actually working in this country

Yeah...his presidency had been a real hoot

Oh, but he killed Bin Laden [insert rolling eyes]

TAFBSooner
7/17/2015, 08:23 AM

I should spend more time on the football forum. The goalposts there haven't been moved in 24 years. :)

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=when+did+NCAA+football+reduce+the+wi dth+of+the+goalposts

REDREX
7/17/2015, 08:38 AM
While the Obama-haters leave out the parts that (1) Bush the Lesser negotiated the date for all US troops to leave Iraq, and Obama executed Bush's agreement after (2) doing all he could to get the Iraqis to agree to extend it under the then-existing terms that US troops are only answerable to US authorities. Now, I agree with that condition: US troops should only be answerable to US authorities, but the Iraqi politicians could in no way accept that after our record from 2003 to 2011. The only way to stay would have been to do so without even the fig-leaf of legal authority - do you think any US president should have stayed in Iraq against international law?

And (3) we liberals, and not just a few of the military and government officials, knew in 2002 (much less 2011), that Iraq's three main constituencies would break apart, and possibly go to war with each other.
---And Barack could have renegotiated it if he had wanted to-----All he could was a very weak effort

TAFBSooner
7/17/2015, 08:58 AM
Your forgot the abortion that was the Bergdahl trade

The Bengazi fiasco

and the Fast and the Furious black eye

We also can't leave out he mushrooming deficit, increase in families on public subsistence, and of course the shrinking numbers of people actually working in this country

Yeah...his presidency had been a real hoot

Oh, but he killed Bin Laden [insert rolling eyes]

I was asked for one good thing, and provided four (and some of the conservatives here even agreed with one of those). You've actually added two more, thanks. I don't know why you're smirking about the bin Laden raid - it's a real accomplishment.

For the other, employment in this country has been slowly but steadily growing since January 2010. Look at the chart in the link. Employment dropped like a rock for his first four or five months, then dropped some more for the rest of 2009. But look at the slope of the line from about September 2008 until January 2009 - it is one continuous fall from c. September 2008 until c. May 2009.

http://data.bls.gov/generated_files/graphics/latest_numbers_CES3000000001_2005_2015_all_period_ M06_data.gif

The conservatives here have said no matter how bad Bush screwed up, Obama has to own it at some point. Is the one-year point a good place for that?

BTW, I rate Benghazi and Bergdahl as screw-ups (as opposed to signs of an evil plot). Too bad he didn't get a warning about Benghazi a month and five days ahead of time in his President's Daily Brief. :-(

Sooner in Tampa
7/17/2015, 09:06 AM
Obama did NOT kill Bin Laden...the agencies did...the military did...and the mission started long before your boy was in office. It disgusts me when he says..."I got Bin Laden".

And don't get me started on how he treats incidents like yesterday!!! That piece of **** needs to call a spade a spade...it is ISLAMIC TERRORISM!!! I'm ****ing sick of him sugar coating the Muslim problem!!

FaninAma
7/17/2015, 09:11 AM
I still don't understand how W being an idiot, excuses Obammy from being a colossal idiot?!?!

If anyone on the left can explain that to me I'd be mighty thankful.
I have often wondered the same thing. It is an Aggie type mental attitutde. [OSU Fan in the 90's] It's OK that we suck because OU sucks, too![/OSU Fan In The 90's]

TAFBSooner
7/17/2015, 09:16 AM
---And Barack could have renegotiated it if he had wanted to-----All he could was a very weak effort

With what leverage?

TAFBSooner
7/17/2015, 09:37 AM
Obama did NOT kill Bin Laden...the agencies did...the military did...and the mission started long before your boy was in office. It disgusts me when he says..."I got Bin Laden".

Yep, "the agencies" could have got him during Bush's first term, if he hadn't sent us haring off into Iraq. No Iraq war, and out of Afghanistan way earlier.

Do you think of G W Bush as "your boy?"

Right or wrong, the boss gets to claim credit for what his staff did. And I hope we all still agree that the military works for the civilian government.

And don't get me started on how he treats incidents like yesterday!!! That piece of **** needs to call a spade a spade...it is ISLAMIC TERRORISM!!! I'm ****ing sick of him sugar coating the Muslim problem!!

Apparently I already did.

Not jumping to conclusions until all the facts are in, is the response I want to see. You would be right in complaining that Obama hasn't always hewed to that standard.

Me not being in charge of the investigation, of course it's Islamic terrorism.

TAFBSooner
7/17/2015, 09:41 AM
I have often wondered the same thing. It is an Aggie type mental attitutde. [OSU Fan in the 90's] It's OK that we suck because OU sucks, too![/OSU Fan In The 90's]

From the left, it's more like Obama is above mediocre, which is way better than Bush who was a disaster. Neither one of the men are idiots. They both (all, really) work(ed) for the folks that put them there.

Sooner in Tampa
7/17/2015, 10:13 AM
Yep, "the agencies" could have got him during Bush's first term, if he hadn't sent us haring off into Iraq. No Iraq war, and out of Afghanistan way earlier.

I disagree with this, Iraq may have drained some resources, but not from the agencies. Bin Laden spent a great deal of time in the Mountains and in caves...it was always going to be a difficult catch.

Do you think of G W Bush as "your boy?" I do not...nor do I defend many of the things he did during his time in office.

Right or wrong, the boss gets to claim credit for what his staff did. And I hope we all still agree that the military works for the civilian government. Sadly this is true. A little decorum when celebrating a "win" is always nice. He should NEVER refer to himself as bagging Bin Laden...just sayin

Apparently I already did.

Not jumping to conclusions until all the facts are in, is the response I want to see. You would be right in complaining that Obama hasn't always hewed to that standard.

Me not being in charge of the investigation, of course it's Islamic terrorism.

Ya damn right it pisses me off, four of my fellow Marines were killed on our soil and the Boob in Chief is worried about upsetting the Muslim community...call them muther****ers out!! He doesn't any problems calling out police officers for doing something wrong.

TAFBSooner
7/17/2015, 11:14 AM
. . .
I do not...nor do I defend many of the things he did during his time in office.

Pretty much how I feel about Obama. In fact some things majorly **** me off (TPP and NSA, for two). So, not "my boy."

<no decorum in Obama claiming credit for bin Laden hit> . . .

Ya damn right it pisses me off, four of my fellow Marines were killed on our soil and the Boob in Chief

decorum?

is worried about upsetting the Muslim community...call them muther****ers out!! He doesn't any problems calling out police officers for doing something wrong.

Do you want him to call out all Muslims for the actions of Islamic terrorists?

Also, he doesn't call out all police officers when a few of them kill unarmed citizens. In fact I'm glad he does call out the ones who do.

Sooner in Tampa
7/17/2015, 11:36 AM
decorum?

de·co·rum
dəˈkôrəm/
noun
noun: decorum

behavior in keeping with good taste and propriety.

Do you want him to call out all Muslims for the actions of Islamic terrorists?I want him to acknowledge that it was a radical Muslim that carried out an act of terrorism and quite dancing around the subject.

Also, he doesn't call out all police officers when a few of them kill unarmed citizens. In fact I'm glad he does call out the ones who do.His statements that the police treat African Americans is irresponsible and adds fuel to the current bitter relationship between urban communities and police officers.

TAFBSooner
7/17/2015, 12:17 PM
de·co·rum
dəˈkôrəm/
noun
noun: decorum

behavior in keeping with good taste and propriety.

Ayup. I was referring to the training I got back when I wore the (Air Force) uniform on how to respect the office of the president. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to reflect. From now on to make clear which Bush I'm referring to I'll use Bush 41 and Bush 43.

I want him to acknowledge that it was a radical Muslim that carried out an act of terrorism and quite dancing around the subject.

His statements that the police treat African Americans

(I wish you'd finished that thought; I'm responding to what I assume you meant.)

is irresponsible

Tell the truth though the heavens fall.

and adds fuel to the current bitter relationship between urban communities and police officers.

Yes, it's like throwing a log onto Dresden.

Serenity Now
7/22/2015, 10:26 AM
I disagree with this, Iraq may have drained some resources, but not from the agencies. Bin Laden spent a great deal of time in the Mountains and in caves...it was always going to be a difficult catch.

That's a foolish statement. There's no way to think that reasonably.

You right wing hawks are all about spending when it comes to showing how tough you are. Before the dust settles Iraq will cost $6 trillion. I don't think this estimate covers the ongoing cost to fight ISIS.

BoulderSooner79
7/22/2015, 11:02 AM

You right wing hawks are all about spending when it comes to showing how tough you are. Before the dust settles Iraq will cost $6 trillion. I don't think this estimate covers the ongoing cost to fight ISIS.

And yet, that somehow has nothing to do with the massive debt added in the last dozen years. That was from some magic "other" budget.

Eielson
7/22/2015, 11:36 AM
And yet, that somehow has nothing to do with the massive debt added in the last dozen years. That was from some magic "other" budget.

I'm not sure the yearly breakdown of that, but I'm willing bet that the entire 6 trillion dollar cost didn't fall into Obama's lap. I'm guessing that quite a bit of that projection involves Bush's presidency (and beyond Obama's). If we subtracted half of that (3 trillion dollars) from Obama's total, he still increased the debt by 5-6 trillion dollars, which is more than Bush did in his entire presidency (with no Iraq War subtraction).

It looks like Bush and Obama will have combined to increase the debt by about 13 trillion dollars. 6 trillion doesn't explain that, as even 7 trillion is concerning. I know that there is inflation and all, but our first 42 presidents could only manage to rack up 5.6 trillion dollars in debt over 200+ years.

Sooner in Tampa
7/27/2015, 11:35 AM

It is NOT a foolish statement...I understand which agencies were involved in the hunt for Bin Laden and who was fighting in Iraq. Trust me...my statement is: different agencies in different wars.