PDA

View Full Version : OU president believes Mixon and Shannon will be 'better people'

milesl
7/2/2015, 12:02 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ou-president-believes-shannon-and-mixon-will-be--better-people-211432367.html

OU president believes Mixon and Shannon will be 'better people'
Nick Bromberg By Nick Bromberg

Oklahoma president David Boren believes two Sooners returning to the team in 2015 have learned from their punishments.

Linebacker Frank Shannon and running back Joe Mixon are set to be on the Oklahoma roster after suspensions in 2014. Mixon was suspended after punching a female student while Shannon was suspended for violating the school's Title IX sexual misconduct policy.

“I think part of being an educational institution is that you have to have discipline when it’s required,” Boren told the Tulsa World. “With good parenting, punishment is required sometimes. Most of us have been on the receiving end of that from our parents and we’re better people for it. I think they’ll be better people because they’re on the receiving end of punishment.”

Mixon rejoined the team in February. A heralded recruit, he missed the entire 2014 season after the incident, which occurred in July and was captured on surveillance footage. According to police affadavits, the woman had multiple facial fractures.

Mixon reached a plea deal in October that entailed a one-year deferred sentence and community service. While he practiced with the team in the spring he didn't play in the spring game.

He was a five-star recruit in the class of 2014 and the No. 8 prospect overall according to Rivals.

While he was suspended by the university after an investigation, Shannon was never prosecuted. He was suspended for the school year in August 2014 and reinstated in June. Shannon had 92 tackles, two sacks and an interception in 2013.

“Both of the two individuals have shown great attitudes. They’ve gone through what they were supposed to go through,” Boren said. “I’ve watched Mixon because he’s been here and I’ve been able to see him more. Discipline, academic wise, he’s done really well. He and Shannon with their colleagues have been great out there. I think they’ve gone the extra mile.

“To me, it’s over. It’s just like being a parent. Sometimes you have to punish but then you still care about people. Then you give them every advantage to work their way back into the fold. They’ve done that.”

The return of both players is obviously a big boost to Oklahoma's Big 12 title chances. Mixon could be the primary backup to Samaje Perine at running back and Shannon could get his starting spot back at linebacker. But, more importantly, the two need to back up Boren's belief. If either player slips up off the field, the university will look like it wasn't hard enough on either player in letting them return for 2015.

Nick Bromberg is the assistant editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter!

Tear Down This Wall
7/2/2015, 01:05 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ou-president-believes-shannon-and-mixon-will-be--better-people-211432367.html

OU president believes Mixon and Shannon will be 'better people'
Nick Bromberg By Nick Bromberg

Oklahoma president David Boren believes two Sooners returning to the team in 2015 have learned from their punishments.

Linebacker Frank Shannon and running back Joe Mixon are set to be on the Oklahoma roster after suspensions in 2014. Mixon was suspended after punching a female student while Shannon was suspended for violating the school's Title IX sexual misconduct policy.

“I think part of being an educational institution is that you have to have discipline when it’s required,” Boren told the Tulsa World. “With good parenting, punishment is required sometimes. Most of us have been on the receiving end of that from our parents and we’re better people for it. I think they’ll be better people because they’re on the receiving end of punishment.”

Mixon rejoined the team in February. A heralded recruit, he missed the entire 2014 season after the incident, which occurred in July and was captured on surveillance footage. According to police affadavits, the woman had multiple facial fractures.

Mixon reached a plea deal in October that entailed a one-year deferred sentence and community service. While he practiced with the team in the spring he didn't play in the spring game.

He was a five-star recruit in the class of 2014 and the No. 8 prospect overall according to Rivals.

While he was suspended by the university after an investigation, Shannon was never prosecuted. He was suspended for the school year in August 2014 and reinstated in June. Shannon had 92 tackles, two sacks and an interception in 2013.

“Both of the two individuals have shown great attitudes. They’ve gone through what they were supposed to go through,” Boren said. “I’ve watched Mixon because he’s been here and I’ve been able to see him more. Discipline, academic wise, he’s done really well. He and Shannon with their colleagues have been great out there. I think they’ve gone the extra mile.

“To me, it’s over. It’s just like being a parent. Sometimes you have to punish but then you still care about people. Then you give them every advantage to work their way back into the fold. They’ve done that.”

The return of both players is obviously a big boost to Oklahoma's Big 12 title chances. Mixon could be the primary backup to Samaje Perine at running back and Shannon could get his starting spot back at linebacker. But, more importantly, the two need to back up Boren's belief. If either player slips up off the field, the university will look like it wasn't hard enough on either player in letting them return for 2015.

Nick Bromberg is the assistant editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter!

Well, neither one of them said "n*gger" so they could obviously be given second chances. Saying "n*gger" is worse than a man breaking a woman's face or a possible sexual assault.

Boren is right on this one.

KantoSooner
7/2/2015, 01:23 PM
The world is a better place because you make no meaningful decisions.

limey_sooner
7/2/2015, 03:15 PM
In Mixon's case, I recall vaguely similar things being uttered by Tom Osborne about Lawrence Phillips.

Mazeppa
7/5/2015, 12:10 AM
I just hope they are "better football players".

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/5/2015, 12:59 AM
In Mixon's case, I recall vaguely similar things being uttered by Tom Osborne about Lawrence Phillips.Guessing EVERYBODY would be totally shocked to see Mixon being anywhere near the thug that Phillips was.

BoulderSooner79
7/5/2015, 08:42 AM
I just hope they are "better football players".

Won't matter if they can't stay on the field.

SicEmBaylor
7/5/2015, 01:00 PM
This is the same President who refuses to return stolen Nazi art to the rightful Jewish owners. 'Better people' indeed.

FaninAma
7/5/2015, 01:32 PM
Well, neither one of them said "n*gger" so they could obviously be given second chances. Saying "n*gger" is worse than a man breaking a woman's face or a possible sexual assault.

Boren is right on this one.
In Boren's world you only deserve 2nd chances if you have the right skin color and can bring in $$$$ to the University. Best decision I made regarding OU football was deciding to drop my $1500 a year donation. 2nd best decision was allowing my season tickets to lapse. Boren is a politician and will always be a politician. He doesn't do anything unless the PC winds or money favor the action.

BTW, lest I get accused of being a redneck racist I am on record as saying Shannon deserved a second chance. Mixon? Not so much.

Eielson
7/5/2015, 04:14 PM
Shannon deserves a second chance? With who? The girl that rejected him?

The fact that you think this is serious enough to call it a second chance makes me think you're a redneck racist.

C&CDean
7/5/2015, 06:04 PM

The fact that you think this is serious enough to call it a second chance makes me think you're a redneck racist.

I know Faninama, and while he's pretty rednecky, he's not a racist...

I am. Well at least some ignorant people think I am and that's good enough for me.

SoonerForLife92
7/5/2015, 08:17 PM
Oh shut up boren. Shannon was never proven to have done anything wrong.

swardboy
7/6/2015, 06:01 AM
Happy 5th of July Dean, you old racist.

Sooner in Tampa
7/6/2015, 08:20 AM
Holy crap...Dean's cranky a$$ makes an appearance!!

He must have taken a break from watching Big Brother...

SicEmBaylor
7/6/2015, 08:35 AM

Neither was OJ.

FaninAma
7/6/2015, 11:16 AM

WTF are you talking about? Obviously Shannon violated the student conduct code just like the frat guys who got kicked off campus. Apparently, as TDTW pointed out, some violations are more serious than others. And only idiots think using the term racist suffices for a well thought out opinion.

Tear Down This Wall
7/6/2015, 11:23 AM
WTF are you talking about? Obviously Shannon violated the student conduct code just like the frat guys who got kicked off campus. Apparently, as TDTW pointed out, some violations are more serious than others. And only idiots think using the term racist suffices for a well thought out opinion.

Thank you. Post of the Year, if not Post of the Decade. Especially because I'm married to a minority.

Stupid. You can't fix stupid. They've got everyone younger than 35 years old fixed on the word "racism" and they have no clue what it means.

BoulderSooner79
7/6/2015, 12:05 PM

Yes he was - by the title IX committee. Not saying they were right, but we'll never know the basis.

Eielson
7/6/2015, 12:25 PM

Apparently I'm too stupid to keep up with you in conversation. That's just as well, though, as I don't really want to converse with a redneck racist.

C&CDean
7/6/2015, 12:39 PM
Thank you. Post of the Year, if not Post of the Decade. Especially because I'm married to a minority.

Stupid. You can't fix stupid. They've got everyone younger than 35 years old fixed on the word "racism" and they have no clue what it means.

It's not just the young generations who are clueless about this. I see plenty of 50-something folks bandying the word about without having a single clue what it really means.

I try to explain it like this: There's racism, and then there's prejudice. There's not a whole lot of folks who are racist, but everyone is prejudiced. Against something/someone.

A racist hates an entire race of people irregardless. If you're white, you must be bad. If you're black, you must be bad. Simply put, a racist isn't capable of thinking. There's a lot of stupid people, but not very many that are that close minded.

Prejudice, OTOH, is a whole other animal. I'm prejudiced as ****. I hate thieves, liars, lazy people, rioters, looters, and the people who feel these folks are justified in what they do because they were somehow wronged. If I see a group of young black thug-looking dudes on the corner I automatically assume "up to no damn good right there." I have a preconceived notion based on life experience that it would probably be wiser to cross the street and avoid them.

Ignorant people call that racism.

Eielson
7/6/2015, 12:49 PM
Whoops! Didn't mean to walk into an Aryan Brotherhood meeting.

Tear Down This Wall
7/6/2015, 02:41 PM
It's not just the young generations who are clueless about this. I see plenty of 50-something folks bandying the word about without having a single clue what it really means.

I try to explain it like this: There's racism, and then there's prejudice. There's not a whole lot of folks who are racist, but everyone is prejudiced. Against something/someone.

A racist hates an entire race of people irregardless. If you're white, you must be bad. If you're black, you must be bad. Simply put, a racist isn't capable of thinking. There's a lot of stupid people, but not very many that are that close minded.

Prejudice, OTOH, is a whole other animal. I'm prejudiced as ****. I hate thieves, liars, lazy people, rioters, looters, and the people who feel these folks are justified in what they do because they were somehow wronged. If I see a group of young black thug-looking dudes on the corner I automatically assume "up to no damn good right there." I have a preconceived notion based on life experience that it would probably be wiser to cross the street and avoid them.

Ignorant people call that racism.

Agree. Funny thing is, if Mixon (black) had been knocked out by the girl (white), we'd have heard no end of how she must be a racist.

Black athlete breaks the face of a white women...meh...not racist at all, we're to believe.

The bottom line has become this:
(1) Anything negative that happens to a black person is racist.
(2) Anything negative that happens to a hispanic might be racist; however, if illegal, for sure, anything that happens to them is racist.
(3) Nothing negative ever happens, apparently, to Asians, Indians, etc. because they are too busy studying.
(4) Anything negative that happens to a white person is just the white person's own fault.

The main problem for blacks, we're led to believe, is "white privilege." We're never told, of course, how Asians, Indians, Iranian, West Africans and other ethic groups somehow succeed in spite of it. We're not even supposed to ask about those cultures and people.

FaninAma
7/6/2015, 02:46 PM
Edit: Not worth responding to.

Tear Down This Wall
7/6/2015, 03:12 PM

Eielson
7/6/2015, 03:57 PM

So much for those well thought out opinions!

Curly Bill
7/6/2015, 04:01 PM
I was in favor of Mixon being given a lollipop and a medal for not letting a drunken piece of trash get away with hitting him first (her possessing female genitalia be damned).

Do I win some sort of award as an anti-racist? And when you think about it supporting equal rights!

C&CDean
7/6/2015, 04:13 PM

Why not? The dumb**** meeting was over anyhow, may as well make good use of your time.

SouthFortySooner
7/6/2015, 09:04 PM
I'm not sure of the reasoning behind, "I'm going on record", or "I'm on record" statements. Is someone keeping records?

If they are, I've always wished he had hit her twice.

SoonerForLife92
7/7/2015, 01:37 AM
Neither was OJ.

Girl and DA declined to press any charges.

FaninAma
7/7/2015, 09:19 AM
I am sure Boren didn't care that Mixon crushed a few of the girl's facial bones but I would have thought Mixon using the F word to describe a gay person would have set the PC-avenger side of Boren off like the N word did in the frat case. Like I said, I guess it all depends on who uses the epithet and whether or not they can bring a little $$$$ to the University.

badger
7/7/2015, 09:47 AM
We went through a miserable (by OU standards) football season without them and I'm still not entirely sure what Joe Mixon and Frank Shannon did to warrant not playing last year. The only two OU players of note that I'm sure of what went wrong to cause them to miss the season was DGB (a long list) and Baker Mayfield (breaking Kliff's heart).

Isn't it amazing how the "crimes" can be so different and the punishment (no playing OU football for you!) can be the same?

Moot at this point. I hope all took the year off to become better people and players, and I certainly hope Baker's lesson is learned by others: Never, ever play football at Texas Tech. Don't walk on, don't preferred walk-on, don't sign anything, especially a letter of intent. Even if it's your only Big 12 option, go to UTEP instead. Or UTSA. Or SMU. Tech bad.

EatLeadCommie
7/7/2015, 11:12 AM
This FSU QB being kicked off the team made me think of Mixon, especially since the FSU guy had his tape released and it really wasn't terrible (whereas Mixon knocked his girl out, the FSU guy just made her cry). It really isn't fair to the FSU kid that the way FSU handled Winston dictated how they'd overreact in his case.

badger
7/7/2015, 11:20 AM
It really isn't fair to the FSU kid that the way FSU handled Winston dictated how they'd overreact in his case.
Kind of like how the NFL messed up Ray Rice dictated how they overreacted to the Adrian Peterson case. It happens. Life's not fair.

EatLeadCommie
7/7/2015, 11:24 AM
Touche

BoulderSooner79
7/7/2015, 12:48 PM
This FSU QB being kicked off the team made me think of Mixon, especially since the FSU guy had his tape released and it really wasn't terrible (whereas Mixon knocked his girl out, the FSU guy just made her cry). It really isn't fair to the FSU kid that the way FSU handled Winston dictated how they'd overreact in his case.

Both the Rice and FSU QB videos really show how much the public responds to video and in turn, how the people in charge respond to the public outrage. The Rice video didn't look that bad to me as it was fully inline with what I expected after already seeing the video of him dragging her limp body out of the elevator. And yet, the punch video made a huge difference after the fact. Now imagine the Rice/FSU QB video taken up a notch to break facial bones and you have the Mixon video. How OU kept the thing out of the public is a mystery to me.

badger
7/7/2015, 01:22 PM
How OU kept the thing out of the public is a mystery to me

Do you know how much TMZ would pay for that video if Mixon is as elite as his five-star recruiting status implies he will be? Do you know how quickly some teenager/college age minimum wager would sell that video for a lowball offer if given the chance?

Run Samaje run! Return, Alex, return! Air raid, offense, air raid! :D

Bench, Mixon, bench :(

7/7/2015, 01:28 PM
Do you know how much TMZ would pay for that video if Mixon is as elite as his five-star recruiting status implies he will be? Do you know how quickly some teenager/college age minimum wager would sell that video for a lowball offer if given the chance?

Run Samaje run! Return, Alex, return! Air raid, offense, air raid! :D

Bench, Mixon, bench :(Well, a full year has passed, and Mixon was suspended. The girl was knocked out, and he only hit her once, thankfully. The case was investigated. The video would be a smash hit(intended) for TMZ or whomever, but unless the NCAA wanted to sling its weight around more, OU may be out of the woods on the Mixon debacle.

badger
7/7/2015, 02:39 PM
OU may be out of the woods on the Mixon debacle
You might be right; there are definitely closet skeletons on other top players that have been allowed to remain locked away.

The lesson in all of this appears to be walk away. Don't confront, don't engage.

And for the love of all, don't walk on to Texas Tech :mad:

KantoSooner
7/7/2015, 02:54 PM
from what Mixon was apparently showing prior to his ankle sprain, there's no way he'll ride the bench this year. I would love it if he absolutely exploded this season.

Eielson
7/7/2015, 03:02 PM
from what Mixon was apparently showing prior to his ankle sprain, there's no way he'll ride the bench this year. I would love it if he absolutely exploded this season.

Truth. I think Perine is more likely to ride the bench than Mixon (assuming they're both healthy and out of trouble).

I don't think either rides the bench, though.

Tear Down This Wall
7/7/2015, 03:02 PM

Again, if he'd just called some white guys fags, and some of his homies n*ggers, he'd still be sporting the scarlet and gold today. He could transfer here because Stoops, Boren, and Castiglione tolerate men beating women.

The only problem is, black quarterbacks don't get a fair shake here. We don't even recruit them much anymore, much less give them playing time. Outside of ENA, whose fumble during his first game in 2005 got him benched and moved to WR (until his white replacement was kicked off the team prior to the 2006 season), there hasn't been much in the way of black quarterbacks here during the Stoops era.

Quarterbacking at OU must be one of those "white privileges" the academics get so worked up about.

KantoSooner
7/7/2015, 03:15 PM
He could transfer here because Stoops, Boren, and Castiglione tolerate men beating women.

I'm trying to imagine you making that remark to any of those gentlemen's faces.
But, no, it's like divding by zero; the entire premise just plain doesn't work.

Tear Down This Wall
7/7/2015, 03:20 PM
I'm trying to imagine you making that remark to any of those gentlemen's faces.
But, no, it's like divding by zero; the entire premise just plain doesn't work.

Gladly. The proof is on my side, so what different would it make? They don't like to hear the truth?

Eielson
7/7/2015, 03:57 PM
Why not? The dumb**** meeting was over anyhow, may as well make good use of your time.

That's true! Thanks for letting me use your name-tag, btw. It got me a good seat with all the other long-term members.

EatLeadCommie
7/7/2015, 04:20 PM
Again, if he'd just called some white guys fags, and some of his homies n*ggers, he'd still be sporting the scarlet and gold today. He could transfer here because Stoops, Boren, and Castiglione tolerate men beating women.

The only problem is, black quarterbacks don't get a fair shake here. We don't even recruit them much anymore, much less give them playing time. Outside of ENA, whose fumble during his first game in 2005 got him benched and moved to WR (until his white replacement was kicked off the team prior to the 2006 season), there hasn't been much in the way of black quarterbacks here during the Stoops era.

Quarterbacking at OU must be one of those "white privileges" the academics get so worked up about.

LeSean McCoy, is that you?

Stoops has employed a drop back QB every year until last year when he didn't have a choice and the pickins were slim. You don't see a lot of pro-style black QB prospects out there. They are usually classified as dual-threat. I'm sure if he could find a Jameis Winston Sans Rape Baggage he would. So if you want to blame Stoops for the style of offense he uses, go ahead and be my guest. But to say that black QBs don't get a fair shake from Stoops is missing the mark.

PT and RB were neck in neck in 2005 and PT stunk it up in the opener. It made sense to go to the freshman, who was presumably the face of OU football for the next 3-4 years.

C&CDean
7/7/2015, 06:40 PM
That's true! Thanks for letting me use your name-tag, btw. It got me a good seat with all the other long-term members.

You're welcome. Now fetch me a drink, boy.

mainline13
7/7/2015, 07:15 PM
Both the Rice and FSU QB videos really show how much the public responds to video and in turn, how the people in charge respond to the public outrage. The Rice video didn't look that bad to me as it was fully inline with what I expected after already seeing the video of him dragging her limp body out of the elevator. And yet, the punch video made a huge difference after the fact. Now imagine the Rice/FSU QB video taken up a notch to break facial bones and you have the Mixon video. How OU kept the thing out of the public is a mystery to me.

I've seen a number of people mention that Mixon "broke her face," but I've wondered all along, since he knocked her out, did someone catch her on the way down? Did pillows appear to protect her from - I don't know, a sidewalk, or concrete floor, or maybe one of those big picnic tables? I'm just asking, as I am not familiar with the place this all went down. And like nearly everyone, I haven't seen a video. In all likelihood, since she was unconscious, none of those things would likely have broken any bones. Probably.

BoulderSooner79
7/7/2015, 10:00 PM
I've seen a number of people mention that Mixon "broke her face," but I've wondered all along, since he knocked her out, did someone catch her on the way down? Did pillows appear to protect her from - I don't know, a sidewalk, or concrete floor, or maybe one of those big picnic tables? I'm just asking, as I am not familiar with the place this all went down. And like nearly everyone, I haven't seen a video. In all likelihood, since she was unconscious, none of those things would likely have broken any bones. Probably.

Could have been, but that is irrelevant. The punch knocked her out which caused the ensuing impact. And the remarks from the media people that saw the video said it was shockingly violent.

Soonerfan88
7/7/2015, 10:22 PM
Also, there was a lot speculation about all the supposed broken bones that required extensive surgery. Molitor ran back to Texas as soon as she could and just a week or so later was posting pics on social media that didn't have any damage on her face. I'm pretty sure it was posted here in one of the threads right after it happened.

Even with the gay slurs, all reports have Molitor initiating first & second physcial contact before Mixon hit back. In the FSU case, dude is cutting in line when she does the slide/hip check thing we all do to block a cutter. He gets physical when he shoves her then grabs her arm. Definitely different scenarios to me.

Eielson
7/7/2015, 10:28 PM
And the remarks from the media people that saw the video said it was shockingly violent.

Really? I'd heard the opposite, and that Mixon would have been viewed as more of a victim had it been a guy instead of a girl harassing him.

KantoSooner
7/7/2015, 11:03 PM
Has Molitor been popped dealin' since then? Just curious.

BoulderSooner79
7/7/2015, 11:37 PM
Really? I'd heard the opposite, and that Mixon would have been viewed as more of a victim had it been a guy instead of a girl harassing him.

Maybe I'm miss remembering, but i'm pretty sure. Go lookup the story from the media who viewed it. I read a few accounts and they all were very similar. I certainly don't remember any hint that Mixon was a victim - that was only on homer fan boards.

BoulderSooner79
7/7/2015, 11:47 PM

A quick lookup of one of the accounts:

From SoonerScoop's report on the video, writer Eddie Radesovich describes the moments leading up the punch, and its delivery:

Mixon begins to walk away and appears to say something to [Molitor's male friend] as he starts his exit out of frame. This is when Molitor initiates the physical contact with a two handed push. Mixon barely budges, clenching both fists by his side. Mixon now flinches/lunges at her. This is when Molitor strikes Mixon with an open hand across the left side of his neck.

Neither the push or the slap are significant in the least bit. What made the viewing even more uncomfortable -- perhaps more than I expected -- is the difference in size between Mixon and Molitor.

Following the slap across the left side of his neck (she can barely reach his face), Mixon unloads a violent right handed hook. There's really not a nice or clean way of saying it. Molitor immediately falls to the floor from the stirke, hitting her face on the edge of the table in the process. Mixon immediately bolts out of frame.

The guy that was standing there is still in view and is now joined by two other girls. They help a very, very wobbly Molitor up off the ground. She is bleeding from her nose, refusing the help being offered.

Eielson
7/8/2015, 12:15 AM
I certainly don't remember any hint that Mixon was a victim - that was only on homer fan boards.

You're right about the punch being violent. He landed quite a punch from what I've heard, and I'm sure it wouldn't go over well with the public.

After looking through some of the media reviews, though, I'm sticking to what I'd heard about him being somewhat of a victim. She called him over. He calmly left, and was attacked by her. He lunged as a warning, and then she attacked again. Then came the punch.

I don't condone men using violence against women, but I'd be lying if I said I felt the least bit bad for this woman, or that she didn't have it coming. He was certainly in the wrong, though. If she had been a man, Mixon would have been viewed as the victim. There's only so much I'm going to fault somebody for packing a meaner punch.

Salt City Sooner
7/8/2015, 12:30 AM
I remember it being reported that the D.A. said that had it been a guy that Mixon hit, he wouldn't have filed charges at all.

Eielson
7/8/2015, 12:54 AM
I remember it being reported that the D.A. said that had it been a guy that Mixon hit, he wouldn't have filed charges at all.

Yes. This is what I remember. I couldn't remember who said it, though.

Obviously it wasn't a guy, so that changes things, but still.

BoulderSooner79
7/8/2015, 12:55 AM
You're right about the punch being violent. He landed quite a punch from what I've heard, and I'm sure it wouldn't go over well with the public.

After looking through some of the media reviews, though, I'm sticking to what I'd heard about him being somewhat of a victim. She called him over. He calmly left, and was attacked by her. He lunged as a warning, and then she attacked again. Then came the punch.

I don't condone men using violence against women, but I'd be lying if I said I felt the least bit bad for this woman, or that she didn't have it coming. He was certainly in the wrong, though. If she had been a man, Mixon would have been viewed as the victim. There's only so much I'm going to fault somebody for packing a meaner punch.

It wouldn't go over well with a rational human being, let alone the public. I doubt there would be any defenders if Sooner fans were omitted. Victim of circumstance maybe, but he helped create the circumstance according to many reports. A 200lb+ guy who is all fast twitch muscle clocking a clearly impaired 120lb chick is firing a howitzer in response to a pea shooter. If Mixon felt a least bit threatened, they should torch his man card.

I haven't changed my opinion since it happened - I don't need to see the video to understand how it would appear. I probably would have done the same thing as Stoops/Boren. But only because Mixon turned 18 that day and had not officially been with the team - just the unsupervised summer 7x7 workouts. If it had been any player that had been with the team for a season or more, I would have immediately given him the boot.

olevetonahill
7/8/2015, 09:26 AM

Maybe I'm miss remembering, but i'm pretty sure. Go lookup the story from the media who viewed it. I read a few accounts and they all were very similar. I certainly don't remember any hint that Mixon was a victim - that was only on homer fan boards.

Seems the DA said that if Mlitar had been a Guy Mixon would not have faced ANY charges. Something like that any way.

BoulderSooner79
7/8/2015, 10:07 AM
Seems the DA said that if Mlitar had been a Guy Mixon would not have faced ANY charges. Something like that any way.

So? Molitor is a chick and charges were filed. But even if no charges had been filed, Mixon would have dismissed from OU had the video gone public. A couple of ex-players said that Stoops explicitly calls this out every year when he talks about player behavior. "If a girl hits you, you better run away (in a great way)" or something like that. The implication being that a player is off the team if he hits a girl regardless of any legal justification. I assume Mixon was not around long enough to get that message since fall camp had not started and he did not enroll early for spring. Once a message like that is delivered, a coach has to follow through or he'll lose control of the team.

Eielson
7/8/2015, 10:45 AM
It wouldn't go over well with a rational human being, let alone the public. I doubt there would be any defenders if Sooner fans were omitted.

If you expand your omission from Sooner fans to include friends, family, and the entire black community, then yes, you're right. An LSU player could be completely set up, but we're not going to rush to his defense if he's kicked off. When do we ever give teenage athletes the benefit of the doubt if we don't have a personal interest?

Victim of circumstance maybe, but he helped create the circumstance according to many reports.

I've heard nothing of the sort.

A 200lb+ guy who is all fast twitch muscle clocking a clearly impaired 120lb chick is firing a howitzer in response to a pea shooter.

I'm not as willing as you are to punish somebody for simply being strong or powerful.

BoulderSooner79
7/8/2015, 01:26 PM
If you expand your omission from Sooner fans to include friends, family, and the entire black community, then yes, you're right. An LSU player could be completely set up, but we're not going to rush to his defense if he's kicked off. When do we ever give teenage athletes the benefit of the doubt if we don't have a personal interest?

I've heard nothing of the sort.

I'm not as willing as you are to punish somebody for simply being strong or powerful.

I think your saying that fans (and anti-fans) have too much bias to be part of a legal process and I agree. That's why jurors are vetted before being seated. I'm trying to give my opinion outside of being an OU fan. I might not be interested if it were a USC player, but I think I would feel the same.

I was following the threads on LT about this incident and the ones that seemed the most credible said the back and forth between Mixon/Molitor started well before Picklemans. It was all verbal up until then, but Mixon was no angel during the escalation. Take with sacks of salt.

As far as "punishing" someone for being strong and powerful, that's not the case. At least not directly. The DA himself said that ultimately, Mixon was charged and Molitor was not due the respective damage inflicted. So legally, each person is accountable for their part of the outcome. The physical mis-match gets factored in implicitly. If Molitor happened to be some kind of Ninja warrior and broken Mixon's face with the 360 flying swan kick, she would have been charged. So Mixon was not charged for being a brute; he was charge for using that prowess for violence.

Tear Down This Wall
7/8/2015, 02:27 PM
Mixon's punch was much worse. The video has to be somewhere. For about a two to three hour span last August, it was online at a news site before the DA's office made them take it down.

I saw it and it was ridiculously more violent than the FSU QB's punch. Mixon knocked the girl out with one punch, she fell down, then he ran out of the bar. The girl in the FSU incident isn't knocked out, is still standing, and has no broken bones.

If the Mixon video does get out, it will be the end of him. Also, it will be the end of everyone who kept it down and gave Mixon a break. Believe me. It's as shocking as the Ray Rice video.

Curly Bill
7/8/2015, 02:50 PM
Mixon's punch was much worse. The video has to be somewhere. For about a two to three hour span last August, it was online at a news site before the DA's office made them take it down.

I saw it and it was ridiculously move violent than the FSU QB's punch. Mixon knocked the girl out with one punch, she fell down, then he ran out of the bar. The girl in the FSU incident isn't knocked out, is still standing, and has no broken bones.

If the Mixon video does get out, it will be the end of him. Also, it will be the end of everyone who kept it down and gave Mixon a break. Believe me. It's as shocking as the Ray Rice video.

The end of him and them? Will they be executed?

olevetonahill
7/8/2015, 02:59 PM

I saw it and it was ridiculously move violent than the FSU QB's punch. Mixon knocked the girl out with one punch, she fell down, then he ran out of the bar. The girl in the FSU incident isn't knocked out, is still standing, and has no broken bones.

Why do I find this extremely hard to believe? Oh yea cause you have condemed the Kid from the very start.

Tear Down This Wall
7/8/2015, 03:03 PM
Find it as hard to believe as you like, Olevet. When it is released, it'll be like the Ray Rice video.

That will end his playing days. It could also bring down Boren, Stoops, and anyone else who saw it and decided that giving the kid a redshirt was sufficient punishment.

olevetonahill
7/8/2015, 03:08 PM
Find it as hard to believe as you like, Olevet. When it is released, it'll be like the Ray Rice video.

That will end his playing days.
It could also bring down Boren, Stoops, and anyone else who saw it and decided that giving the kid a redshirt was sufficient punishment.

And THAT prospect just makes your Panties wet dont it!

Curly Bill
7/8/2015, 03:08 PM

That will end his playing days. It could also bring down Boren, Stoops, and anyone else who saw it and decided that giving the kid a redshirt was sufficient punishment.

I bet not!

Boren is nothing if not a politician so he knows how to deal with these things, and Stoops, for as bad a football coach as he has become, has turned into a politician himself.

But you really got a woody for this kid. Maybe see someone about that?!?!

olevetonahill
7/8/2015, 03:10 PM
I bet not!

Boren is nothing if not a politician so he knows how to deal with these things, and Stoops, for as bad a football coach as he has become, has turned into a politician himself.

But you really got a woody for this kid. Maybe see someone about that?!?!

Go read his thread in The SO about how hard he tried to help his "Wifes" Nephew. Dude is a Judgmental prick.

badger
7/8/2015, 03:13 PM
I do think the court of public opinion will be very hard on Joe Mixon if the video is ever released, as noted earlier. However, I do not think it will be "the end" of everyone who did not release it publicly, as it's not like it was public record. This was not a campus incident, it was in a bar/restaurant/whatever.

As such, either they have a lockbox lockdown on this video at OU, or are prepared to defend themselves in the court of public opinion on the oft chance TMZ gets ahold of it.

If you really think TMZ will never get it, remember that they were the ones that brought down Donald Sterling. All it took was an audio tape.

Curly Bill
7/8/2015, 03:15 PM
Go read his thread in The SO about how hard he tried to help his "Wifes" Nephew. Dude is a Judgmental prick.

I haven't read any of that to this point. And being judgmental aside, I don't get his fixation on Joe Mixon? You'd think Mixon punched Mother Teresa the way he goes on and on. I half expect if he had the power he'd nominate the girl Mixon punched for sainthood.

Tear Down This Wall
7/8/2015, 03:15 PM
Aw...I expect men to not hit women, and for my nephew not to smoke dope in my house. So harsh. I set the bar so high.

Amazing how liberal some folks here become when an OU player does something wrong, eh?

Sorry guys, I don't put on the crimson shades when it comes to men assaulting women. We'll see how many ultimately do once the video is seen nationwide. My guess is, not many will.

olevetonahill
7/8/2015, 03:18 PM
Aw...I expect men to not hit women, and for my nephew not to smoke dope in my house. So harsh. I set the bar so high.

Amazing how liberal some folks here become when an OU player does something wrong, eh?

Sorry guys, I don't put on the crimson shades when it comes to men assaulting women. We'll see how many ultimately do once the video is seen nationwide. My guess is, not many will.

Yer such a Saint we should Canonize you.

Curly Bill
7/8/2015, 03:18 PM

Yeah, I'm really one to wear the crimson shades. I just don't think someone having lady parts exempts them from the stupidity of their actions. She acted like a man, she got treated as such.

I'm all about treating ladies as ladies - with every courtesy and manner of respect that a lady deserves. The key being you want to be treated like a lady - act like a lady.

olevetonahill
7/8/2015, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I'm really one to wear the crimson shades. I just don't think someone having lady parts exempts them from the stupidity of their actions. She acted like a man, she got treated as such.

I'm all about treating ladies as ladies - with every courtesy and manner of respect that a lady deserves. The key being you want to be treated like a lady - act like a lady.

Yup.

FaninAma
7/8/2015, 06:00 PM
Boren will survive if the video is released because he has the BoR wrapped around his little finger. He will run interference for Stoops so he will also survive. However, the national media will have a field day with the video and I don't think the faculty or students at OU will appreciate the hit OU's reputation will take on this issue. Boren will have used a large amount of his goodwill defending Mixon.....goodwill that he may need should the Big 12 conference situation deteriorate badly.

KantoSooner
7/8/2015, 08:31 PM
It's football not a Nobel prize

SoonerForLife92
7/8/2015, 08:34 PM
If Molitor happened to be some kind of Ninja warrior and broken Mixon's face with the 360 flying swan kick, she would have been charged.

I have my doubts.

So many women and feminist scream for equality without understanding the actual definition.

badger
7/9/2015, 12:40 PM
So many women and feminist scream for equality without understanding the actual definition

NP and I had a discussion about this last night, how it's only equality when it's convenient. If I were to punch NP as hard as I could, I probably could not do more than bruise his face. If roles were reversed, I'd probably be out cold for an hour and maybe have broken bones too... so are things just the way they are?

Or, is it time to call a spade a spade -- this was a fight between two adults with both people being violent with each other. Does it matter that the person he fought with wasn't a male, more athletic, taller, bigger, etc?

So Joe Mixon served a year's suspension and should be able to move on with his life, correct? In the court of law, yes.

In the court of public opinion, no. If this video were to be made public, OU, the football program and OU, the university, would take a severe reputation hit. This reputation matters because recruiting, ticket sales, booster fundraising, etc. Is that the university you want your Merit Scholar sons and daughters? Is that the athletic program you want your 5-star athletes to play?

I am somewhat nervous for OU, because I highly suspect that somehow, some way, TMZ or someone else that will immediately share it with the world, will eventually get the tape.

I am not saying I condone this, I am simply calling a spade a spade. This is the way that things are, like it or not.

7/9/2015, 01:00 PM
One would think Stoops and Boren would both be girding their loins and making plans to deal with the crap throwing contest in the Media and among other football programs who are itching to shat on OU.

badger
7/9/2015, 01:57 PM
One would think Stoops and Boren would both be girding their loins and making plans to deal with the crap throwing contest in the Media and among other football programs who are itching to shat on OU.

As someone who watched the movie "42" last night, the best revenge on those against you in sports is winning. It's not kissing babies (Mack Brown), being bad with the media (Jim Harbaugh) or recruiting lots of five-stars (any SEC coach, winning or losing), it's winning. It's how Bob Stoops shut the SEC up after the Sugar Bowl. It was probably his most favorite win of the past year-ish (technically a 2014 game!)

After last season, I'd say that Bob Stoops needs to win regardless. David Boren needs a winning football coach to keep donors happy, too.

7/9/2015, 02:02 PM
As someone who watched the movie "42" last night, the best revenge on those against you in sports is winning. It's not kissing babies (Mack Brown), being bad with the media (Jim Harbaugh) or recruiting lots of five-stars (any SEC coach, winning or losing), it's winning.

After last season, I'd say that Bob Stoops needs to win regardless. David Boren needs a winning football coach to keep donors happy, too.Of course. That's always the case, but I'm just saying Boren and Stoops will need to be ready for the attacks and assaults that will come when the Media and other schools try to get Mixon eliminated from OU football. If they want to keep him on the team, and have the team in good attitude, they are going to have to deal with the opposition.

FaninAma
7/9/2015, 02:07 PM

When the video comes out OU will take a beating in the national media. I understand why Boren crushed the racist frat quickly without due process or even giving them the consideration of allowing members of the frat a few days to find a new place to live. Now he will have to answer for why he allowed Mixon to stay despite his actions on the video. If there wasn't the Ray Rice fiasco already chumming the national news media I would say it might not be so bad. But it was also alleged that Ray Rice's wife hit him first in the elevator but this made very little difference to the media and public opinion. And if the video contains a sound clip of Mixon calling Molitor's friend a "fa**ot" then the gaystapo gets involved and it will get ugly in a hurry. I bet Boren, Stoops and the entire BoR wake up in a cold sweat at nights thinking about that tape being released.

BTW, if the video is not so bad and Mixon appears like the "victim except for the fact he's a man and she's a woman" as some of you assert then release the damn tape and he'll be exonerated. I think the tape is being supressed at the request of not only Mixon but also OU.

Tear Down This Wall
7/9/2015, 02:14 PM
When the video comes out OU will take a beating in the national media. I understand why Boren crushed the racist frat quickly without due process or even giving them the consideration of allowing members of the frat a few days to find a new place to live. Now he will have to answer for why he allowed Mixon to stay despite his actions on the video. If there wasn't the Ray Rice fiasco already chumming the national news media I would say it might not be so bad. But it was also alleged that Ray Rice's wife hit him first in the elevator but this made very little difference to the media and public opinion. And if the video contains a sound clip of Mixon calling Molitor's friend a "fa**ot" then the gaystapo gets involved and it will get ugly in a hurry. I bet Boren, Stoops and the entire BoR wake up in a cold sweat at nights thinking about that tape being released.

BTW, if the video is not so bad and Mixon appears like the "victim except for the fact he's a man and she's a woman" as some of you assert then release the damn tape and he'll be exonerated. I think the tape is being supressed at the request of not only Mixon but also OU.

It is bad. It is more Ray Rice-like more than FSU QB - Rice knocked out his wife, Mixon knocked out the girl. FSU QB did not knock out the girl.

It's shocking to see it, even when you know what it coming. Mixon lit into her full force. At the time, Mixon's attorney believed that Mixon being sober was some sort of feather in his cap. Really, if you are of sober mind, you should be able to walk away from a verbal confrontation.

When the video comes out, it will be bad for OU, both the school and the athletic department.

badger
7/9/2015, 02:22 PM
Since the thread also mentions Frank Shannon... have any of you ever thought that there must have been something else going on for him to also get a yearlong suspension?

Tons to speculate about... was he injured? Was he academically ineligible? Was OU one strike away from being Title IX'd into oblivion? Was there worse dirt on the case that didn't get out that cause OU and Frank Shannon to pretty much accept that lost season without much angst?

NP said (we discussed both mixon and shannon, yes) that while possible, it's hard to believe because wouldn't most of those things be not as bad as being accused of assault? Why not just say he flunked, he's injured, etc instead of taking the Title IX route?

Both are very, very difficult to understand from the outside looking in... and as mentioned earlier, it's unfortunate that Baker Mayfield got the same punishment, just for making the mistake of walking on at Texas Tech. I HOPE THE REST OF YOU FOOTBALLERS LEARN FROM HIS MISTAKE! ;)

Eielson
7/9/2015, 02:37 PM
It is bad. It is more Ray Rice-like more than FSU QB - Rice knocked out his wife, Mixon knocked out the girl. FSU QB did not knock out the girl.

You seem to have watched a bunch of videos of black men hitting women. Do you get off to that stuff, or something?

7/9/2015, 02:39 PM
I just hope Stoops and Boren have the tools to counter the onslaught, and the ability and willingness to beat it.

SoonerForLife92
7/9/2015, 05:24 PM
NP and I had a discussion about this last night, how it's only equality when it's convenient. If I were to punch NP as hard as I could, I probably could not do more than bruise his face. If roles were reversed, I'd probably be out cold for an hour and maybe have broken bones too... so are things just the way they are?

Or, is it time to call a spade a spade -- this was a fight between two adults with both people being violent with each other. Does it matter that the person he fought with wasn't a male, more athletic, taller, bigger, etc?

So Joe Mixon served a year's suspension and should be able to move on with his life, correct? In the court of law, yes.

In the court of public opinion, no. If this video were to be made public, OU, the football program and OU, the university, would take a severe reputation hit. This reputation matters because recruiting, ticket sales, booster fundraising, etc. Is that the university you want your Merit Scholar sons and daughters? Is that the athletic program you want your 5-star athletes to play?

I am somewhat nervous for OU, because I highly suspect that somehow, some way, TMZ or someone else that will immediately share it with the world, will eventually get the tape.

I am not saying I condone this, I am simply calling a spade a spade. This is the way that things are, like it or not.

Yeah the truth of matters is far different from what the public opinion is. You're right this University would take a reputation hit, but at least we punish our players. Hell we punish our players when both parties involved say no wrong doing happened. So sad that ESPN is paid to lie about the SEC schools and not report when they have criminal athletes, which is far more than us for most of those schools. Our reputation would take a hit but I'm not too worried about it in the long run. However I still hope the video is not released considering all things.

Eielson
7/9/2015, 06:41 PM
It must suck to live in constant fear the way some of you apparently do.

KantoSooner
7/9/2015, 07:59 PM
Right? If you're that worried, put me on the PR job. By the time I'm done, little old Baptist grandmas will be running up to hug Mixon for the service he did us all.

badger
7/10/2015, 08:40 AM
It must suck to live in constant fear the way some of you apparently do
To be clear, this is very low on my list of worries. I'm not a season ticket holder, I don't donate money to OU academic or athletic endeavors, I don't even make it to Norman on gameday much anymore. I am like the sleeping cat that chose a spot on the rug because the sun was there, and now is slightly-but-not-enough-to-move perturbed that the sunbeam moved in a few hours and my spot is no longer as warm.

dwarthog
7/10/2015, 08:53 AM
You seem to have watched a bunch of videos of black men hitting women. Do you get off to that stuff, or something?

But there are so many of them.

BoulderSooner79
7/10/2015, 09:47 AM
It must suck to live in constant fear the way some of you apparently do.

I embrace the fear - it let's me know I'm alive.

I don't see the video coming out or it would have by now. Even if it did, Stoops/Boren would have to stick with the current punishment and weather the storm. Not because of principle, but because they had already seen the video when punishment was doled out. They couldn't play the Roger Goodell card of claiming to not know what really happened. I'm clearly not a lawyer, but reading the various threads on this issue the prediction was that Mixon would take a plea at the last minute before the law changed on Nov 1 last year and that is exactly what happened. Mixon's lawyer knew they were dead meat if the video came out and they had no cards to play. All that fuss about counter suing Molitor was just a shell game meant to distract attention and hope for a dismissal. Anyone that put stock in what his lawyer was saying is a moron. Now, every time a football player hits a female the Mixon situation will come up again in the news - at least while he is at OU. That's just the way it is, but the impact will with time as the more recent stories get more attention.

Eielson
7/10/2015, 11:32 AM
To be clear, this is very low on my list of worries.

I wasn't referring to you (or Boulder). I was actually referring to the worrybugs (TDTW and his occasional sidekick) that try to cause alarm in every thread. I'll worry about an issue when it comes, but seeing as I don't have any say in what to do right now, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

FaninAma
7/13/2015, 02:29 PM

How old are you? Seriously.

Tear Down This Wall
7/13/2015, 03:07 PM

It's fine. Many younger people revert to that kind of response when they are beaten; so, you take those type of responses as a sign of victory.

Eielson
7/13/2015, 03:31 PM

Given the topic of what you quoted, this is uncomfortable. Do you want my height, weight, and eye color, too?

olevetonahill
7/13/2015, 06:59 PM
He just wantin to make sure yer legal LOL

FaninAma
7/13/2015, 07:38 PM
Given the topic of what you quoted, this is uncomfortable. Do you want my height, weight, and eye color, too?
I really don't need another thing from you. There's plenty of information available in this thread alone that any attempt to engage you in serious conversation is an utter waste of time.

Eielson
7/13/2015, 07:51 PM
I really don't need another thing from you.

That's a shame. If you're not at least a little needy, then you're not really my type.

KantoSooner
7/13/2015, 09:00 PM
One is put in mind of Steppenwolf...before naziism laid that whole strain of Germanic pseudo-thought to rest

Breadburner
7/14/2015, 09:37 AM

Jared from Subway does......!!!

7/14/2015, 12:04 PM
Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma
It's fine. Many younger people revert to that kind of response when they are beaten; so, you take those type of responses as a sign of victory. Yup, it's the Crazy card. Not quite as common as the Stupid card, but still used a lot.

Eielson
7/14/2015, 01:58 PM
Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma
How old are you? Seriously. Yup, it's the Crazy card. Not quite as common as the Stupid card, but still used a lot.

I don't pull the crazy card on TDTW when I'm beat. I pulled that card a long time ago, and have never had a need to put it away.

7/14/2015, 04:26 PM
I don't pull the crazy card on TDTW when I'm beat. I pulled that card a long time ago, and have never had a need to put it away. Izzat because Capitalism, Constitutionalism, Lawful Behavior are crazy? or is that just you being lazy? Figuring since you pulled it once, he's forever (accurately) branded?

olevetonahill
7/14/2015, 05:00 PM
Izzat because Capitalism, Constitutionalism, Lawful Behavior are crazy? or is that just you being lazy? Figuring since you pulled it once,
he's forever (accurately) branded?

That about sums it up.

KantoSooner
7/14/2015, 08:05 PM
Izzat because Capitalism, Constitutionalism, Lawful Behavior are crazy? or is that just you being lazy? Figuring since you pulled it once, he's forever (accurately) branded?
It's an interesting question you raise. Personally, I see no causal relationship between the pulling of the card and TDTW's mental woes. Still, with their manifest presence, one can not deny that possibility.

olevetonahill
7/14/2015, 10:57 PM
It's an interesting question you raise. Personally, I see no causal relationship between the pulling of the card and TDTW's mental woes. Still, with their manifest presence, one can not deny that possibility.

Spek if I could !

Eielson
7/14/2015, 11:35 PM
Figuring since you pulled it once, he's forever (accurately) branded?

Every time I think about putting it away he starts talking again.

olevetonahill
7/14/2015, 11:46 PM
Every time I think about putting it away he starts talking again.

Just Smack him upside the Head with it LOL

7/15/2015, 01:54 AM
Every time I think about putting it away he starts talking again.TDTW occasionally says things I disagree with, but he's right on quite often. IOW you guys on the left deserve a lot more scorn and more often than he does.

Eielson
7/15/2015, 07:57 AM
TDTW occasionally says things I disagree with, but he's right on quite often. IOW you guys on the left deserve a lot more scorn and more often than he does.

First off, those on the left get their fair share of scorn here. Far more than that, actually.

Second, I'm not on the left.

BoulderSooner79
7/15/2015, 08:41 AM
First off, those on the left get their fair share of scorn here. Far more than that, actually.

Second, I'm not on the left.

RLIMC gets confused about which channel is ESPN and which is Fox News. Old people problem.

7/15/2015, 12:36 PM

Second, I'm not on the left.TDTW oftentimes makes good and correct statements here. Our board Leftists mostly say stuff that is wrong and/or inaccurate. You might not think or say you are on the Left, but your posts here that appear leftist are the ones that get you criticized.

7/15/2015, 12:38 PM
RLIMC gets confused about which channel is ESPN and which is Fox News. Old people problem.is that an attempt at a joke?

BoulderSooner79
7/15/2015, 01:18 PM
is that an attempt at a joke?

Naw, just letting any noobs know why you post "left" comments in a football forum. But if you got a chuckle out of my post, so much the better.

badger
7/15/2015, 01:35 PM
Goodness! Will offseason never end? Le sigh, while I feel a left/right discussion is best left for Obamafest, aka Durant, Oklahoma today ;) here's the end-all reasoning why it doesn't matter:

Closed primaries mean that most elections are decided before election day by registered Republicans in Oklahoma, and Oklahoma has not elected a Democrat to a statewide, nor federal office (i.e. president, congress) in quite a few years.

So please, go ahead and be Democrat in Oklahoma. Please go vote in your special election after OU president David Boren appoints your state senator as the VP for diversity and then vote again in another special election after your new state senator vacates his former state house and you need a new state representative. But as you are painfully well aware already, it's not going to make the rest of the state any less red than the bright, shiny OU-crimsony shade it currently is. We are the Sooner State in soooooo many ways :D:D:D

Now... offseason! End. Get over with, already.

7/15/2015, 01:46 PM
Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
is that an attempt at a joke?
Naw, just letting any noobs know why you post "left" comments in a football forum. But if you got a chuckle out of my post, so much the better.The Left goes after conservatives with the stupid or crazy accusations all the time, regardless of the forum. Those noobs may not have noticed yet. Of course your criticism was amusing.

BoulderSooner79
7/15/2015, 01:58 PM
Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
is that an attempt at a joke?The Left goes after conservatives with the stupid or crazy accusations all the time, regardless of the forum. Those noobs may not have noticed yet. Of course your criticism was amusing.

There you go again - this is the "Sooner Football" forum. Perhaps you're referring to southpaw QBs and I'm just missing it?

Oh well, as long as you don't confuse the brake and accelerator pedals in your car, you're not hurting anyone.

cvsooner
7/15/2015, 04:18 PM
We've got seven more weeks of this? Argh.