PDA

View Full Version : Different supreme court decision....covered up by the aca crap

Soonerjeepman
6/26/2015, 10:16 AM
supreme court ruled 5-4 in favor of minority applicants being able to sue landlords for discrimination WITHOUT any proof.

The court ruled that a landlord could be sued for discriminatory practices by a minority applicant, even in the absence of evidence that the property owner had any intention of discrimination

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/06/353652-while-everyone-was-focused-on-obamacare-decision-scotus-made-another-controversial-ruling/

SicEmBaylor
6/26/2015, 10:40 AM
Eh, the ruling doesn't say a judge can't throw the case out. It certainly doesn't say that one has a right to judgement. I generally accept the right to sue, so I don't have a huge issue with this ruling.

FaninAma
6/26/2015, 10:41 AM
supreme court ruled 5-4 in favor of minority applicants being able to sue landlords for discrimination WITHOUT any proof.

The court ruled that a landlord could be sued for discriminatory practices by a minority applicant, even in the absence of evidence that the property owner had any intention of discrimination

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/06/353652-while-everyone-was-focused-on-obamacare-decision-scotus-made-another-controversial-ruling/

Have a couple of rent houses in Norman. They are going up on the market today.

Serenity Now
6/26/2015, 10:48 AM
Have a couple of rent houses in Norman. They are going up on the market today.

Good to see you're not making rash decisions.

SicEm can sue me for being a smart ***. That doesn't mean he'll win. He'll actually incur legal fees to be denied.

Skysooner
6/26/2015, 10:51 AM
I hope you realize that this is the status quo. Disparate impact has been around for landlords and people selling homes for a long time now. As a part-time agent, I have to be careful in how I word advertising, etc.

FaninAma
6/26/2015, 11:04 AM

SicEm can sue me for being a smart ***. That doesn't mean he'll win. He'll actually incur legal fees to be denied.
Had considered doing it before. Have you ever been sued? Even if you win the case you lose your shirt in attorney's fees. There are better places to invest right now.

olevetonahill
6/26/2015, 02:51 PM

Hell if being a smart arse was against the Law Id be doing Life without!

TAFBSooner
6/27/2015, 08:23 PM
Hell if being a smart arse was against the Law Id be doing Life without!

A lot better than being a dumb arse.

olevetonahill
6/27/2015, 08:40 PM
A lot better than being a dumb arse.

This is true.