PDA

View Full Version : OK GOP OUCH

Serenity Now
6/26/2015, 09:21 AM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/t-c-ryan-resigns-as-oklahoma-gop-politcal-director-amid/article_10466e9d-4b6b-562a-b4ab-d85f23e1cf14.html

A. He pled guilty in the most chicken **** way... paraphrased: "my client did plead guilty but the witness had credibility problems".
B. The incident was sparked by him calling her stupid over her political beliefs.
C. What's up with those critter hiding beards?

PS: Brogdon castigating the party GOP Vice Chairman is going to blow back on him. http://mccarvillereport.com/archives/30915

SicEmBaylor
6/26/2015, 10:28 AM
I know quite a bit about this issue since I know the parties involved, and I was a Brogdon delegate at the state convention.

Let me start off with a few things:

1)McCarville has distorted the truth through this entire thing and posted private conversations that have been happening on private boards to his blog. He has blatantly lied about the incident involving the Vice Chair prior to her attendance of the TC Press Conference.

2)You have to understand that this is an internal GOP fight that has nothing to do with TC. The state party is split between the establishment wing and the libertarian/grassroots wing. Brogdon ran a successful campaign at the state convention to unseat the incumbent party chair whose incompetent handling of state party finances and his legendary disregard for the grassroots cost him his seat. There are *many* in the state party who detest Brogdon's vision of conservatism and vision for the party, and they've had the knives out for him since the state convention. They found the issue they needed to go after Brogdon by attacking TC. TC is a liberty-advocate, tattooed, has a big beard, etc. He isn't like the crusty establishment wing of the party, and they've never liked the guy. The State Senate GOP delegation, especially, has had it out for Brogdon. In any case, a handful of State Senators started this when they publicly called on Brogdon to fire TC. They didn't bother to have discussions with him in private before this -- they went public immediately.

There is no excusing TC's mistake, but it happened years ago with absolutely no prior history of assault and no history since this incident of assault. He was dealt with by the legal system and worked to make amends since that time. Using him as the means to attack someone else is the height of unethical and dishonorable conduct, imo.

3)Brogdon did not call her stupid because of her political beliefs. He said siding in with those attacking TC was stupid. There's a huge difference.

One more thing, just for good measure, McCarville is a sack of ****. Taking anything he says as the gospel truth is right up there with accepting everything Alex Jones says.

Serenity Now
6/26/2015, 10:42 AM
McCarville may well be a sack of crap. I just think it's a popcorn moment. It would appear that Brogden doesn't like having to work "with" women. He comes across like the prototypical "Fighting Whites" caricature.

Violence against women is not something that someone in a position such as TC can pull off even if he is the head liberty advocate. The Tulsa World story indicated that the incident between TC and the victim started when they were discussing politics and he called her stupid. Brogden and Hernandez weren't involved in that part. I would personally define "years ago" as something that happened under George W. Bush's tenure. In this instance, it happened in 2012, you know, in Obama's 2nd term.

Also, you did not address the critter infested beard. I'm offended. ;)

SicEmBaylor
6/26/2015, 10:52 AM
McCarville may well be a sack of crap. I just think it's a popcorn moment. It would appear that Brogden doesn't like having to work "with" women. He comes across like the prototypical "Fighting Whites" caricature.

That's absolute nonsense. Much of what McCarville has reported is 100% inaccurate insofar as what Brogdon said those women. Brogdon absolutely does not have a problem working with women. Brogdon's problem is with those group of women who publicly demanded that he fire TC that sparked this controversy. Those are the women he has a problem with, and they turned this into a "Brogdon can't work with women" issue. No, Brogdon can't work with women who undermine he and the party publicly without giving him the common courtesy of a private conversation first.

Again, this has nothing to do with TC. This has everything to do with damaging Brogdon.

Violence against women is not something that someone in a position such as TC can pull off even if he is the head liberty advocate. The Tulsa World story indicated that the incident between TC and the victim started when they were discussing politics and he called her stupid. Brogden and Hernandez weren't involved in that part. I would personally define "years ago" as something that happened under George W. Bush's tenure. In this instance, it happened in 2012, you know, in Obama's 2nd term.
Regardless of TC's actions, this really has nothing to do with TC. But even if it did...one thing I really dislike about modern America is how one mistake, one misspoken word, one regrettable moment, etc. is enough completely ruin someone's life and destroy their career. If TC had a history of this kind of thing then I would agree it's a problem, and he needs to go. One incident a trend does not make. And I certainly don't believe that he should have his entire career ruined as a result.

And, of course, keep in mind that TC was working for the state party for free.

Serenity Now
6/26/2015, 10:57 AM
That's absolute nonsense. Much of what McCarville has reported is 100% inaccurate insofar as what Brogdon said those women. Brogdon absolutely does not have a problem working with women. Brogdon's problem is with those group of women who publicly demanded that he fire TC that sparked this controversy. Those are the women he has a problem with, and they turned this into a "Brogdon can't work with women" issue. No, Brogdon can't work with women who undermine he and the party publicly without giving him the common courtesy of a private conversation first.

Again, this has nothing to do with TC. This has everything to do with damaging Brogdon.

Regardless of TC's actions, this really has nothing to do with TC. But even if it did...one thing I really dislike about modern America is how one mistake, one misspoken word, one regrettable moment, etc. is enough completely ruin someone's life and destroy their career. If TC had a history of this kind of thing then I would agree it's a problem, and he needs to go. One incident a trend does not make. And I certainly don't believe that he should have his entire career ruined as a result.

And, of course, keep in mind that TC was working for the state party for free.

If you guys are happy with TC being the face of the party, then by all means proceed with all due haste...please. Brogdon was sticking with TC until the Gov was going to issue a proclamation.

You can rehabilitate yourself in modern america. You have to admit it first and then work your way out. The way to be contrite is to NOT have your attorney say things like "Well, he pled guilty but he wasn't really guilty because there were some real credibility problems there with the victim. That's why they pled it down." He could have said, "TC made a horrible mistake in the heat of the moment. He's begged forgiveness, he's pled guilty to move on and to allow the victim to move on as well. He's seeking counseling to assure nothing like this happens again. He's going to church, getting his tattos removed and shaving that disgusting beard." :)

Still silent on the beard. Come on.

FaninAma
6/26/2015, 11:01 AM
If you guys are happy with Hillary Clinton, a known liar and destroyer of goverment documents and Congessional committee evidence, being the face of the party, then by all means proceed with all due haste...please.

YWIA

Serenity Now
6/26/2015, 11:04 AM
I didn't post this: "Hillary Clinton, a known liar and destroyer of goverment [sic] documents and Congessional [sic] committee evidence". Kind of violates the rules, no?

I also would have spelled it correctly.

SicEmBaylor
6/26/2015, 11:32 AM
Still silent on the beard. Come on.

As a man with a beard and handlebar mustache, I find TC's liberty beard to be glorious.

Serenity Now
6/26/2015, 11:41 AM
As a man with a beard and handlebar mustache, I find TC's liberty beats to be glorious.

I got no problem with the basic beard and the flair of the handlebar. But, this Taliban/Duck Dynasty look is getting old.

SicEmBaylor
6/26/2015, 12:19 PM
I got no problem with the basic beard and the flair of the handlebar. But, this Taliban/Duck Dynasty look is getting old.

He's more hipster than Duck Dynasty but, yes, the full bearded (which I don't have) hipster look is getting old. Everyone in Denver looked the same.

FaninAma
6/26/2015, 02:57 PM
I didn't post this: "Hillary Clinton, a known liar and destroyer of goverment [sic] documents and Congessional [sic] committee evidence". Kind of violates the rules, no?

I also would have spelled it correctly.
I really don't even care to explain the post to you. And thanks for the spelling lesson. It made me like you even more than I already did....dooshbag.

PS. I didn't spell the last word of my post correctly, either.

FaninAma
6/26/2015, 02:59 PM
SicEm, for somebody who rails against the GOP support of others on the board you sure seem to be a cozy participant in the state GOP cesspool.

Serenity Now
6/26/2015, 03:29 PM
I really don't even care to explain the post to you. And thanks for the spelling lesson. It made me like you even more than I already did....dooshbag.

PS. I didn't spell the last word of my post correctly, either.

You're welcome. Ironically, at a Sooner game or a golf course we'd be buddies. But, up your nose with a rubber hose as well. :)

FaninAma
6/26/2015, 05:49 PM
You're welcome. Ironically, at a Sooner game or a golf course we'd be buddies. But, up your nose with a rubber hose as well. :)
We could be civil on this board but when you do douchie things like pointing out letters I dropped while posting on a smart phone key board I take it that civility is not big on your list of priorities.

Serenity Now
6/26/2015, 09:08 PM
We could be civil on this board but when you do douchie things like pointing out letters I dropped while posting on a smart phone key board I take it that civility is not big on your list of priorities.You lost the civility war by changing what I posted. On other boards that's against the guidelines. I guess that's ok here. A lot of douchie behavior is common in this forum. I didn't touch any spelling until you "fixed" my quote.

SicEmBaylor
6/27/2015, 12:45 AM
Proof Hernandez has lied about her version of events:
http://soonerpolitics.blogspot.com/2015/06/hernandez-caught-in-her-own-trap.html

I really regret voting for Hernandez for Vice Chair. My assumption was that having an establishment-wing individual would balance Brogdon and help bring about some degree of peace between the two sides. I was very wrong.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/27/2015, 01:29 AM
SicEm, for somebody who rails against the GOP support of others on the board you sure seem to be a cozy participant in the state GOP cesspool.maybe he's not denying the validity of basic math, like you could still be willing to do.(divide and conquer)