PDA

View Full Version : RIP BBj

olevetonahill
6/20/2015, 07:28 PM
Killed today in a motorcycle wreck
:torn:

70sooner
6/20/2015, 07:37 PM
I just saw that. Stunned is all I can say....RIP BBj.

SicEmBaylor
6/20/2015, 08:41 PM
What a legend and how very sad. He'll be missed.

Turd_Ferguson
6/20/2015, 08:44 PM
Wow...RIP BBj.

Therealsouthsider
6/20/2015, 10:37 PM
.....stunned

.....prayers to his family

ss

SoonerStormchaser
6/21/2015, 04:15 AM
I'm sure the defense for this ****er will try to claim that since BBJ wasn't wearing a helmet, it was his fault. While that may be partially to blame, I hope this asshat sits behind bars for a LONG time. No license? Illegal u-turn? Blow? Yah...you're ****ed!

BBJ was hands down the best of the bunch in the OKC sportscasting business. RIP.

rock on sooner
6/21/2015, 08:25 PM
Please forgive...I'm not in the area...help an old man out...who is BBJ?

Aries
6/21/2015, 08:29 PM

Bob Barry Jr.

http://newsok.com/update-driver-arrested-after-crash-that-claims-life-of-bob-barry-jr./article/5428915

olevetonahill
6/21/2015, 11:44 PM

Our Bad Bro But ya got a Link

olevetonahill
6/22/2015, 12:01 AM
Some one Said " well he should have been wearing a Helmet "

NO SIR . Its his right to ride with out one! ITS NOT a Cage drivers right to Just run into em!

olevetonahill
6/22/2015, 12:02 AM
Pay Tention!

stoopified
6/22/2015, 06:06 AM
Never met him and rarely watched him but was shocked and dismayed by the news.Prayers to the family.RIP BBJ

badger
6/22/2015, 09:47 AM
Another update:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ousportsextra/bob-barry-jr-funeral-service-set-for-friday/article_bec88376-1d14-50c7-956d-9266fd062c4e.html

The family of Bob Barry Jr. says the service will be held 11 a.m. Friday at Crossings Community Church in Oklahoma City and is open to the public.

Rest in peace.

SicEmBaylor
6/22/2015, 10:26 AM
It's hard to believe this, really. It reminds me of when Jim Giles passed away (although that wasn't so sudden).

ouduckhunter
6/22/2015, 01:46 PM
I was at OU at the same time he was, knew him, went to some of the same parties, etc. He was always really nice, and a lot of fun to be around. This is so sad, and BBJ, and his loved ones are in my prayers.

rock on sooner
6/22/2015, 06:50 PM
Bob Barry Jr.

http://newsok.com/update-driver-arrested-after-crash-that-claims-life-of-bob-barry-jr./article/5428915

Thanks, guys! That is a huge bummer! I'm all for helmets but, jeepers,
he was on a scooter! Probably going for a loaf of bread and some milk...
Sounds like the suspect had/has some legal issues....RIP, Bob....

FaninAma
6/23/2015, 08:28 PM
Thanks, guys! That is a huge bummer! I'm all for helmets but, jeepers,
he was on a scooter! Probably going for a loaf of bread and some milk...
Sounds like the suspect had/has some legal issues....RIP, Bob....
Namely that he was an illegal immigrant and had illegal drugs in his possession?
RIP BBJ.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/24/2015, 12:03 PM
RIP BBJ, Prayers to family.

I blame Obama, Hope BBJ's family sues him...Illegal, three times deported, druggie, no license, no insurance. But, he just wanted a job...This is at Obama's, the leftists and anyone who does not enforce the laws feet.

SoonerStormchaser
6/24/2015, 02:11 PM
I haven't seen mentioned anywhere where he was illegal...anyone got a link?

TheHumanAlphabet
6/24/2015, 02:52 PM
I haven't seen mentioned anywhere where he was illegal...anyone got a link?

He has an ICE detention order and was deported three times, err "voluntarily went back". What do you think? The KFOR website has all the info.

swardboy
6/25/2015, 08:12 AM
http://www.news9.com/story/29397646/authorities-suspect-in-crash-that-killed-bob-barry-jr-previously-deported-3-times

Authorities: Suspect In Crash That Killed Bob Barry Jr. Previously Deported 3 Times

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 10:56 AM CDT Updated: Jun 24, 2015 2:48 PM CDT
BY NEWS9.COMEMAIL

http://kwtv.images.worldnow.com/images/8150502_G.jpg

OKLAHOMA CITY -Authorities confirmed Wednesday morning that a man, accused of causing a crash that killed local sports journalist Bob Barry Jr., had previously been deported three times.

Gustavo Castillo Gutierrez, 26, has been charged with causing an accident without a valid driver's license and drug possession on Tuesday.

6/23/2015 Related Story: Driver In Crash That Killed Bob Barry Jr. Charged (http://www.news9.com/story/29391378/driver-in-crash-that-killed-bob-barry-jr-charged)

The fatal crash occurred on Saturday. According to police, Barry was on his motorcycle in the left lane on May Ave., near Memorial, when Gutierrez was driving in the right lane. Police said Gutierrez made an illegal U-turn in front of Barry, and Barry was thrown from the motorcycle after crashing into Gutierrez's car.

On Sunday, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) placed a detainer with Oklahoma County on Gutierrez from Mexico, following his arrest on criminal charges. ICE officials confirmed that Gutierrez had been voluntarily returned to Mexico three times, twice in 2010, and once in 2013.

According to an accident report released on Wednesday, Barry took “no improper action” in the crash, meaning he was purely a victim. Authorities said Gutierrez had been distracted before the collision for an unknown reason.

Barry suffered injuries to his head, trunk (internal and external), arms and legs. Gutierrez suffered head and trunk injuries.

The collision report stated that the vehicle driven by Gutierrez was owned by someone else.

SoCalBigRed
6/30/2015, 01:11 AM
Wow! Haven't stopped by in a while, lot going on. Just saw this news.

Being an out-of-stater, I spent many years listening to him on the radio. Big loss, for the Sooner family. :(

Edit: To see it was a POC illegal alien, just makes it more disturbing and insulting. This country has gone completely down the toilet.