PDA

View Full Version : Big changes coming to women's basketball

Sooner24
6/8/2015, 08:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/13038918/ncaa-approves-change-four-quarters-women-basketball

I like it!

badger
6/9/2015, 09:41 AM
It seems that college sports have waaaay too many media timeouts (anyone else ever feel like pelting the TV guy that won't get off Owen Field so that they can fit in a few more commercials? Booooo), so a very good change.

As it is now, college basketball has a TV timeout every four minutes of play (16, 12, 8, 4) and we could potentially cut that by one (TV timeout during quarter, at end of quarter, TV timeout next quarter). It will be less regardless, because a team timeout will count as the TV timeout, it sounds like, whereas right now, TV takes any opportunity to go to commercial it can.

:mad: its especially annoying during OU WBB games, because there's only about a three-ad rotation -- OU outreach, Oklahoma knows Ford's the best, and Max at Blue Tax... you'll also get some OU coach reminding you that compulsive gambling is bad. At least when you get Sherri's ad, it doesn't seem so scripted. :P

SicEmBaylor
6/13/2015, 12:10 AM
As long as this doesn't negatively impact us winning yet ANOTHER conference championship, then I suppose I'm fine with the rule changes.

Sooner95
6/27/2015, 10:13 PM
Same needs to be done for the Men's game as well. To many Timeouts..