PDA

View Full Version : This is why we should be thankful to have Bob Stoops...

TheHumanAlphabet
6/4/2015, 09:15 AM
Great story! (http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/oklahoma-sooners-bob-stoops-japanese-protege-coach-isao-hashizume-060215)

I didn't see it posted, my apologies if it has already been.

badger
6/4/2015, 10:06 AM
Some day the NFL will have bidding wars for ace Japanese quarterbacks that have the strangest delivery that no defender can defend... and it will all be because Bob Stoops let Isao Hashizume hang out at practice back in the early aughts ;)

Just imagine if that laptop fell into enemy hands that could understand Japanese...

the time someone stole his laptop out of his car off campus. Hashizume was really depressed about it since he made notes of everything in it, from the Sooners' schemes to every detail of Schmidt's development program, right down to the menus they served the players. Hashizume was relieved to learn that his laptop was found in the bushes behind the Subway because once the thieves realized it was all in Japanese, they dumped it.

EatLeadCommie
6/4/2015, 11:58 AM
Maybe this guy can replace Stoops in a year or two.

oudanny
6/4/2015, 02:38 PM
Thanks for sharing.

Sooner70
6/8/2015, 09:08 PM
Very interesting post. Thanks for putting it out there. I had no idea about this. However, I'm not surprised. I think there's a side to Bob Stoops that most people never know because he can sometimes come across as a procupine in press conferences, and that's the only time some see him. Seems to me a few years back some media wanted to follow a major college program thru the season & Bob gave them fairly open access to OU. I think he's really a big picture guy, and he wants to develop his assistants and players into the best they can be.

soonergirlNeugene
6/9/2015, 08:23 PM
There's our new QB coach. Has to be an improvement on the last.