TheHumanAlphabet
6/1/2015, 08:30 AM
Matt Damon! ;)

Breadburner
6/1/2015, 09:31 AM
He's back with the team....

Tear Down This Wall
6/1/2015, 03:09 PM
Whew! Would have been impossible to replace those 18 career tackles and 1/2 sack.

REDREX
6/1/2015, 03:52 PM
Jordan Phillips had 58 tackles and 3.5 sacks in three years------I think he was good -----18 tackles from a part time player in two years is not bad

olevetonahill
6/1/2015, 05:07 PM
What I think of when i see a post by TDTW :drunk:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100411110617/disney/images/3/31/Scrooge.jpg

Tear Down This Wall
6/2/2015, 10:27 AM
Jordan Phillips had 58 tackles and 3.5 sacks in three years------I think he was good -----18 tackles from a part time player in two years is not bad

Yes. Very Kory Klein-like numbers...but, Phillips wasn't playing next to Tommie Harris. He was the "lead dog" putting up second dog numbers...when he was healthy enough to be on the field.

Sadly, he was our best DT last year, and in 2013.

Dimon is fodder. I'm not sure why he has a scholarship to Oklahoma; he'd have made a fine Houston Cougar or Texas Tech Red Raider. We need elite linemen again, and we're not getting them often enough anymore.

Eielson
6/2/2015, 11:09 AM
Yes. Very Kory Klein-like numbers...but, Phillips wasn't playing next to Tommie Harris. He was the "lead dog" putting up second dog numbers...when he was healthy enough to be on the field.

Sadly, he was our best DT last year, and in 2013.

Dimon is fodder. I'm not sure why he has a scholarship to Oklahoma; he'd have made a fine Houston Cougar or Texas Tech Red Raider. We need elite linemen again, and we're not getting them often enough anymore.

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

I don't know how you could not be happy with a stud like Phillips.

Tear Down This Wall
6/2/2015, 11:40 AM
Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

I don't know how you could not be happy with a stud like Phillips.

Because he was the consummate underachiever at Oklahoma. And, he admits to having to learn how to work: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article20548485.html

“My work ethic,” Phillips said. “[I need to] learn how to work. Having a motor like [Cameron] Wake, like [Ndamukong] Suh. That’s what I really want to do. You’ve got to learn what they do, see their routine, try to take after them. Coming from Oklahoma, and seeing how actual professionals work is going to be something new for me.”

He, and everyone who watched him here, knows he didn't play up to his potential. Not even close. Confirms what I've long suspected about his position coach at OU as well.

Tear Down This Wall
6/2/2015, 11:49 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-dolphins-select-oklahoma-defensive-tackle-jordan-phillips-with-52-pick-20150501-story.html

"The motor of new Miami Dolphins defensive lineman Jordan Phillips has been questioned his entire collegiate career. His reputation for taking plays off at Oklahoma turned off plenty of teams and coaches...."

“You see the talent and the flashes and our job is to get him to do it on a consistent basis.”

“He’s content just doing his job sometimes, and when you’re the 52nd pick you’ve got to do more.”

"They credited Phillips with 39 tackles, but I had him with about 19," Gruden said. "I watched him against West Virginia and just did not know what happened to him in that game. There would be a good play and then four or five we don't want to talk about. I wanted to see more. He looks like a nose tackle without much pass-rush ability, which makes me wonder why people are mentioning him for the first round."

Phillips take the high road (?), blaming the system he played in at OU: "It was just the system I was in,’ Phillips said when asked about his productivity. “You'll see a lot more plays out of me coming up soon.”

On that part, I totally agree with Phillips. I've said for years that we shouldn't be running a small college defense. So...maybe real coaching will help him in the NFL. He's sorely lacked coaching over the past two seasons, both in terms of his position coach and in the throw away scheme Bob Stoops has married himself to.

Eielson
6/2/2015, 11:56 AM
LOLOLOL

Just stop.

Curly Bill
6/2/2015, 11:59 AM
No doubt Phillips underachieved at OU - whether that's on him or OU I don't know? My guess is it's some of both, but ultimately it's his responsibility to perform.

BoulderSooner79
6/2/2015, 12:35 PM
I suspect the coaches were limiting Phillips work due to his back injury. Maybe it wouldn't of mattered, but his case was a bit different.

Eielson
6/2/2015, 12:39 PM
We could have done a lot worse than Phillips. Now let's talk about Ahmad Thomas...

Tear Down This Wall
6/2/2015, 03:27 PM
No doubt Phillips underachieved at OU - whether that's on him or OU I don't know? My guess is it's some of both, but ultimately it's his responsibility to perform.

Of course, it's on both of them. THAT is the problem!

Stoops is done. He's gone to hiring mediocre coaches, and the players do pretty much what they please. It takes two or three marijuana/alcohol incidents to get kicked off the squad...while we actively seek out other school's dope and alcohol misfits. And, you can break women's faces as long as you plea it out in court. You get suspended for a six month "year."

The control is gone from the coaches. The coaches dictated to Bob when they would practice in the spring because some fraternity queers sang the N-word.

The respect for the coaching staff is gone. This isn't the 1999 coaching staff...it's 180 degree in the opposite direction. I remember sitting in the end zone during the 1999 spring practices and watching Brent Venables basically crawl inside Rocky Calmus' helmet. He ran up to Rocky so fast, I thought, "He's going to punch him."

And, Calmus looked afraid and unsure of himself. Venables, both Stoops, Mangino, and Jackie Shipp unloaded both barrels on the 1999 and 2000 bunch. And, they got a ton of production of out a roster full of John Blake leftovers.

They peaked in the mid-2000s, getting cream of the crop recruits, culminating in the 2008 national title game. From there, it's been a steady trudge downhill into what we have today - highly recruited players "meh"-ing their way through the program...as, Stoops more and more takes on the meerkat look on game day.

Mack Brown devolved into The Human Clapper. Stoops has devolved into The Human Meerkat.

Both pathetic in the end. The thirst for victory is long gone is series of hefty raises and contract extensions. What is there left to prove? Half the fan base forgive based on a single national title season...as we enter the ear of recruiting kid who were in diapers when that champion occurred. Yes, prep players are now entering high school as freshman without ever seeing OU winning a national title - that's how long it has been.

KantoSooner
6/2/2015, 03:39 PM
Are you a country music fan?

About the only things missing are an old truck, a faithful dog dying, your girl returning your letters while you're in prison, rain and railroad whistles.

Aries
6/2/2015, 04:31 PM
Are you a country music fan?

About the only things missing are an old truck, a faithful dog dying, your girl returning your letters while you're in prison, rain and railroad whistles.

And beer.

REDREX
6/2/2015, 07:29 PM
Of course, it's on both of them. THAT is the problem!

Stoops is done. He's gone to hiring mediocre coaches, and the players do pretty much what they please. It takes two or three marijuana/alcohol incidents to get kicked off the squad...while we actively seek out other school's dope and alcohol misfits. And, you can break women's faces as long as you plea it out in court. You get suspended for a six month "year."

The control is gone from the coaches. The coaches dictated to Bob when they would practice in the spring because some fraternity queers sang the N-word.

The respect for the coaching staff is gone. This isn't the 1999 coaching staff...it's 180 degree in the opposite direction. I remember sitting in the end zone during the 1999 spring practices and watching Brent Venables basically crawl inside Rocky Calmus' helmet. He ran up to Rocky so fast, I thought, "He's going to punch him."

And, Calmus looked afraid and unsure of himself. Venables, both Stoops, Mangino, and Jackie Shipp unloaded both barrels on the 1999 and 2000 bunch. And, they got a ton of production of out a roster full of John Blake leftovers.

They peaked in the mid-2000s, getting cream of the crop recruits, culminating in the 2008 national title game. From there, it's been a steady trudge downhill into what we have today - highly recruited players "meh"-ing their way through the program...as, Stoops more and more takes on the meerkat look on game day.

Mack Brown devolved into The Human Clapper. Stoops has devolved into The Human Meerkat.

Both pathetic in the end. The thirst for victory is long gone is series of hefty raises and contract extensions. What is there left to prove? Half the fan base forgive based on a single national title season...as we enter the ear of recruiting kid who were in diapers when that champion occurred. Yes, prep players are now entering high school as freshman without ever seeing OU winning a national title - that's how long it has been.----Fat and happy just like Bud and Barry----timing about the same

SouthFortySooner
6/17/2015, 10:09 PM
We could have done a lot worse than Phillips. Now let's talk about Ahmad Thomas...

I am in full replay recordings mode. My suspicion from the season is being confirmed over and over. He walks up to a downed receiver so many multiple times the image is burned into my retinas.