PDA

View Full Version : Who will be OU's starting quarterback? (with video)

badger
5/27/2015, 01:38 PM
Vote away and watch this video too if you want:
h8ype9Nr3e4

Tear Down This Wall
5/27/2015, 02:32 PM
Where's the "No QB, Single Wing, Snap Directly To Perine" option?

BoulderSooner79
5/27/2015, 02:35 PM

Only in your dreams.

Eielson
5/27/2015, 03:02 PM

I think it's somewhere in my 3rd grade playbook.

Eielson
5/27/2015, 03:02 PM
TDTW dreams about my 3rd grade playbook.

KantoSooner
5/27/2015, 03:19 PM
Better than dreaming about your third grade class.

Tear Down This Wall
5/27/2015, 03:49 PM
TDTW dreams about my 3rd grade playbook.

Once the season begins and we're stuck with some combination of Knight/Mayfield/Thomas/Hansen, the entire fanbase will be dreaming about your third grade playbook.

Remember, these Tech coaches love to switch their spare QBs during games and from game to game. We'll be treated to multiple quarterback failures throughout the season. The 1998 roster will be jealous...Jake Sills and his career 3-1 starting record will be somewhere laughing maniacally.

badger
5/27/2015, 03:56 PM
As long as we're all being negative, let me pile on:

CODY THOMAS GO BACK TO BASEBALL PETE HUGHES NEEDS YOU!

ARCHIE BRADLEY PETITION THE NCAA TWO OU TEAMS NEED YOU MORE THAN THE D-BACKS!

The video reminds me that our alternate unis had armpit spikes. I hope Nike has more spikes in store for whatever alternate crap they rollout this year... perhaps butt spikes

Tear Down This Wall
5/27/2015, 04:21 PM
As long as we're all being negative, let me pile on:

CODY THOMAS GO BACK TO BASEBALL PETE HUGHES NEEDS YOU!

ARCHIE BRADLEY PETITION THE NCAA TWO OU TEAMS NEED YOU MORE THAN THE D-BACKS!

The video reminds me that our alternate unis had armpit spikes. I hope Nike has more spikes in store for whatever alternate crap they rollout this year... perhaps butt spikes

Forget not being able to hit college pitching, he's going to play for the Yankees...remember?

azheat4u
5/27/2015, 06:28 PM
Now we are down to 3 as Hansen is transferring.

Eielson
5/27/2015, 06:35 PM
Now we are down to 3 as Hansen is transferring.

******* ****!!!!

Pricetag
5/27/2015, 07:07 PM
Dang, he had a cool-sounding name.

FaninAma
5/27/2015, 07:32 PM
Ouch.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/27/2015, 07:37 PM
Now we are down to 3 as Hansen is transferring.Bob should make him go out of conference.

cvsooner
5/27/2015, 07:51 PM
So now we have to say, "Justice is com...no, leaving." Dang. There goes a great tagline.

Eielson
5/27/2015, 09:07 PM
So now we have to say, "Justice is com...no, leaving." Dang. There goes a great tagline.

There will be no Justice.

Salt City Sooner
5/27/2015, 11:32 PM
Bob should make him go out of conference.
Gave him a full release, as usual.

swardboy
5/28/2015, 07:58 AM
Da&!...Hansen was a 4 star (I know, I know, all the controversy over H.S. ratings). I DO NOT want to see him stay in conference. I don't think that's too much for Stoops to stipulate!

Boomer.....
5/28/2015, 08:01 AM
I only lasted about 10 seconds listening to that song.

KantoSooner
5/28/2015, 08:38 AM
Da&!...Hansen was a 4 star (I know, I know, all the controversy over H.S. ratings). I DO NOT want to see him stay in conference. I don't think that's too much for Stoops to stipulate!

Actually his skill set reminds me of Bryce Petty a bit.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/28/2015, 08:56 AM
No restrictions and full freedom. Stoops may not think so much of his skills or he has full faith in what he has that he doesn't care. I wish him the best and that he finds the spot he is looking for.

Tear Down This Wall
5/28/2015, 10:50 AM
This is a kid who couldn't work his way past the pitiful trio of Mayfield, Knight, and Thomas. What's the loss?

Just hope that the next head coach is able to hires coaches who can identify and develop QB talent a little better as of late.

Eielson
5/28/2015, 11:36 AM
No restrictions and full freedom. Stoops may not think so much of his skills or he has full faith in what he has that he doesn't care. I wish him the best and that he finds the spot he is looking for.

I don't think it's about his faith in Justice. I think that's what he does for everybody.

badger
5/28/2015, 12:13 PM
Justice was the son of a 1994 OU national championship baseball team member, so I am sure that this decision was very difficult for him and I wish him the best of luck at his future endeavors.

Here's another offseason video to influence your vote...
https://twitter.com/_easymoney02/status/603740727164588032

Tear Down This Wall
5/29/2015, 10:41 AM
Justice was the son of a 1994 OU national championship baseball team member, so I am sure that this decision was very difficult for him and I wish him the best of luck at his future endeavors.

Here's another offseason video to influence your vote...
https://twitter.com/_easymoney02/status/603740727164588032

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXn8-meSd8g

ouwasp
5/29/2015, 05:16 PM
No Justice, no peace! Wasn't that a battle cry for some social uprising recently? Just had to toss it in here.

Good luck to the young man in the future, as long as it doesn't come at the expense of OU.

Soonerjeepman
5/29/2015, 09:45 PM
so does anyone REALLY think there is actually a qb "race"? When has Stoops actually benched a former starter... I'd bet 90% chance TK is back in the starting position...

badger
6/1/2015, 10:36 AM
When has Stoops actually benched a former starter
Nate Hybl in favor of Jason White (before White's knees gave out)
Paul Thompson in favor of Rhett Bomar (before Big Red)
Blake Bell was probably never technically the starter, but when you wait and wait and belldoze and belldoze you probably are banking on being the next in line when Landry graduates.

But, can we really say it didn't work out for the former starters who've lost their jobs? Nate became Rose Bowl MVP; Paul got his senior year of redemption and Blake Bell recently got a half-million signing bonus from the 49ers as a tight end draft pick.

Eielson
6/1/2015, 11:11 AM
so does anyone REALLY think there is actually a qb "race"? When has Stoops actually benched a former starter... I'd bet 90% chance TK is back in the starting position...

Has he ever been in this kind of situation? Bob has never been on the hot-seat

Furthermore, we usually have an an NFL or Heisman-level QB like Heupel, Bradford, White, or Landry, so it makes sense that those guys aren't getting dethroned. I'd say the only time we've been in similar QB situations have involved QB's being benched...PT benched for Bomar and TK benched for Bell, who was later rebenched (I know injuries played a role, but it went beyond that).

soonergirlNeugene
6/1/2015, 10:40 PM
E: None of the above?

EatLeadCommie
6/2/2015, 05:47 PM

He'd have to sit 2 years if he went in-conference, which he isn't going to do.