PDA

View Full Version : Ima look a little harder at Rand Paul after this

olevetonahill
5/20/2015, 05:18 PM
I To despise the ****in Patriot act!

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/sen-rand-paul-launches-filibuster-against-nsas-119466846866.html

FaninAma
5/26/2015, 10:30 AM
I think it is hilarious how the Neocons are crawling out of the woodwork to criticize Rand. He must be doing something right.

okie52
5/26/2015, 10:58 AM
I think it is hilarious how the Neocons are crawling out of the woodwork to criticize Rand. He must be doing something right.

If he's upsetting McCain and graham then usually that's a good sign.

Curly Bill
5/26/2015, 12:29 PM
If he's upsetting McCain and graham then usually that's a good sign.

Indeed!

hawaii 5-0
5/28/2015, 01:10 AM
Did Ru Paul just accuse the GOP Hawks of being responsible for the rising of ISIS ?

Seems like political suicide for him to actually tell the truth.

5-0

SicEmBaylor
5/28/2015, 03:37 AM
Did Ru Paul just accuse the GOP Hawks of being responsible for the rising of ISIS ?

Seems like political suicide for him to actually tell the truth.

5-0

I know. That worries me. But thank God someone is telling the truth come hell or high water.

BoulderSooner79
5/28/2015, 10:36 AM
There are a lot of dem hawks too - including Hillary. But it is the truth.

Serenity Now
5/28/2015, 10:41 AM
There are a lot of dem hawks too - including Hillary. But it is the truth.

TO be fair, if you weren't a hawk from 9/11/2001 until around 2008 you weren't patriotic enough for 70% of our country including almost everyone here. I don't have time to google it but I'm sure people had the Iraq "no" vote thrown at them in re-election campaigns across this great country.

BoulderSooner79
5/28/2015, 11:07 AM
TO be fair, if you weren't a hawk from 9/11/2001 until around 2008 you weren't patriotic enough for 70% of our country including almost everyone here. I don't have time to google it but I'm sure people had the Iraq "no" vote thrown at them in re-election campaigns across this great country.

True. The fact that the Iraq invasion produced a 100% yes vote in congress was not a true reflection of the individual positions. They all knew the proposal was going to pass after the opposing views were presented. The vote was a show of national unity since we were pulling other countries into the fight with us (esp. the UK). It was a patriotic vote and the right thing to do (considering the "real" right thing to do was to defeat it, but that was not possible). I don't think for a second the current GOP would support Obama or any other dem POTUS today in a similar situation. The hatred runs deeper than any patriotism.

But Hillary is still a hawk at heart.

Eielson
5/28/2015, 11:38 AM
I know. That worries me. But thank God someone is telling the truth come hell or high water.

I think the Pauls are having a major political effect on America even if they never get elected.

TAFBSooner
5/29/2015, 09:26 PM
True. The fact that the Iraq invasion produced a 100% yes vote in congress was not a true reflection of the individual positions. They all knew the proposal was going to pass after the opposing views were presented. The vote was a show of national unity since we were pulling other countries into the fight with us (esp. the UK). It was a patriotic vote and the right thing to do (considering the "real" right thing to do was to defeat it, but that was not possible). I don't think for a second the current GOP would support Obama or any other dem POTUS today in a similar situation. The hatred runs deeper than any patriotism.

But Hillary is still a hawk at heart.

I hope the GOP would blast Dems out of the water if the D's proposed invading a country that was no threat to us, by lying about it, arguably after setting the target up in the first place. However, there is no basis for that hope with the current makeup of the Republican party.

By the way, 10/10/2002, House 297-133; 10/11/2002, Senate 77-23 in favor of the Iraq invasion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution#Passage_of_the_full_resolution

You are thinking of the AUMF against terrorists, 9/14/2001, HR 420-1 (with 10 not voting), Senate 98-0 (with two present but not voting).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_for_Use_of_Military_Force_Against_Te rrorists

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/30/2015, 12:16 AM
If he's upsetting McCain and graham then usually that's a good sign.mCcAIN AND gRAHAM neocons? LOL, they're RINOS.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/30/2015, 12:18 AM
Walker be the Phoenix.