PDA

View Full Version : Meet The Press...

Turd_Ferguson
5/17/2015, 11:41 AM
Chuck Todd showed a graphic of how many D's ride Amtrak compared to R's....LMMFAO! What a hack.

REDREX
5/17/2015, 06:14 PM
Chuck also was happy that the population is becoming less religious and the will be more likely to vote for the Dems

Serenity Now
5/17/2015, 10:15 PM
What's religion got to do with political parties? I know plenty of good democrats who like Christ.

Turd_Ferguson
5/17/2015, 10:34 PM
You'd have to ask Chuck about the religious "Nones". He's the one that brought it up about how they are on the rise and they tend to vote D.

Tear Down This Wall
5/18/2015, 10:29 AM
Chuck Todd: "...attended George Washington University from 1990 to 1994. He played French horn and attended on a music scholarship. Although he majored in political science and minored in music, he did not graduate."

Also, worked for former Democratic Senator Tom Harkin.

Pathetic.

champions77
5/18/2015, 11:04 AM
What's religion got to do with political parties? I know plenty of good democrats who like Christ.

You are joking right? Do you think for one minute the secular progressives that spend every waking hour trying to take religion of out everything they can, including efforts to remove "In God We Trust" from our currency, admonishing valedictorians for mentioning God in commencement exercises, making anyone in a public school feel intimidated to even utter the word God or Jesus in school, heaven forbid they show up with a Bible, lest we offend the one atheist or Muslim in the school, outlawing prayers in school including school sporting events, making abortion on demand legal for all, and list goes on infinitum...do you think these folks are Republicans?

This is just another example of the movement to the left this nation has experienced in the last 40 years, and the Democratic Party has been driving the bus the whole way. Again, any attempts by the left to paint some in the GOP as "right wind radicals" only has legs when comparing their positions to the far left positions of the Democratic Party. If you compare their position's today with where they were 30-40 years ago, as the enforcement of the US Constitution, 2nd Amendment rights, enforcing the border, freedom of religion, maintaining a strong military, the Federal Government should live within it's means, (remember the balanced budget amendment in the contract with America?) and holding negative opinions of Labor Unions...you would find those positions have moved very little.

The base of the GOP is still conservatives, not moderates. If the choice is between a democrat and GOP Lite, they just stay home. The National Party has tried to move the GOP to the left, and there are plenty of Republicans that have done so. The majority do not want it. Give the voters a choice!!!!

REDREX
5/18/2015, 11:20 AM
What's religion got to do with political parties? I know plenty of good democrats who like Christ.---What world are you living in?

SoonerProphet
5/18/2015, 11:28 AM
Senator Paul is doing a decent enough job of trying to find a balance between the chicken littles and the realists in the foreign policy arena.

Soonerjeepman
5/18/2015, 11:30 AM
77, it's those "is this how Jesus would treat these folks?" types he speaks of....

Jesus would understand abortion
Jesus would love gays
Jesus would love enemies

He forgets that Jesus also kicked out the tax payers out of the synagogue...and died for his beliefs.

Serenity Now
5/18/2015, 11:52 AM
---What world are you living in?

Eastern Oklahoma.

Serenity Now
5/18/2015, 11:59 AM
You are joking right? Do you think for one minute the secular progressives that spend every waking hour trying to take religion of out everything they can, including efforts to remove "In God We Trust" from our currency, admonishing valedictorians for mentioning God in commencement exercises, making anyone in a public school feel intimidated to even utter the word God or Jesus in school, heaven forbid they show up with a Bible, lest we offend the one atheist or Muslim in the school, outlawing prayers in school including school sporting events, making abortion on demand legal for all, and list goes on infinitum...do you think these folks are Republicans?

This is just another example of the movement to the left this nation has experienced in the last 40 years, and the Democratic Party has been driving the bus the whole way. Again, any attempts by the left to paint some in the GOP as "right wind radicals" only has legs when comparing their positions to the far left positions of the Democratic Party. If you compare their position's today with where they were 30-40 years ago, as the enforcement of the US Constitution, 2nd Amendment rights, enforcing the border, freedom of religion, maintaining a strong military, the Federal Government should live within it's means, (remember the balanced budget amendment in the contract with America?) and holding negative opinions of Labor Unions...you would find those positions have moved very little.

The base of the GOP is still conservatives, not moderates. If the choice is between a democrat and GOP Lite, they just stay home. The National Party has tried to move the GOP to the left, and there are plenty of Republicans that have done so. The majority do not want it. Give the voters a choice!!!!

I do know plenty of Christian Democrats and it's irritating to get the inference, at times, that if you're a Christian, you're a Republican...or you're not really a Christian. I was, only partially, tongue in cheek.

If you have to move to Dearborn, MI do you want your children exposed to a Muslim prayer in school? I actually am not a huge fan of my kids being exposed to the evangelicals of our world. I had to remind them in their younger days that "they were saved" when they were visiting churches with their friends.

champions77
5/18/2015, 01:15 PM
I do know plenty of Christian Democrats and it's irritating to get the inference, at times, that if you're a Christian, you're a Republican...or you're not really a Christian. I was, only partially, tongue in cheek.

If you have to move to Dearborn, MI do you want your children exposed to a Muslim prayer in school? I actually am not a huge fan of my kids being exposed to the evangelicals of our world. I had to remind them in their younger days that "they were saved" when they were visiting churches with their friends.

Sure there are still Democrats that are believers. They have to feel conflicted though in some of the attacks you see today on Christianity. Afterall, don't an overwhelming number of these attacks come from those that would identify themselves as Democrats? A large number of liberal dems that are church goers feel most comfortable in those Churches today that pick and choose which part of the Bible to follow. Homosexuality becomes acceptable to them, when it is clearly a sin in the Bible. They try and make areas in the Bible "gray" when they really aren't. This is wrong. The left tries to turn those that feel homosexuality is a sin into "Haters", when they just disagree with those that say it's ok. Most Christians I know don't hate anyone, but they do not approve of everyone's actions. Big difference.

By the way, to me the First Amendment is quite clear in it's intent. Most here know what is stated in the First Amendment. But since it's intentions have been modified the last almost 70 years by a flawed Supreme Court, I will state it again in part "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or PROHIBITING THE FREE EXERCISE THEREOF". Never can I deduce that a prayer before a high school football game is in essence the "establishment of religion". But do we see on a daily basis the "prohibiting the free exercise thereof" everywhere in this country. The left has even taken the words of Thomas Jefferson and interpreted them a full 180 degrees in his private letter in 1802 to the Danbury Baptists, who had written him concerned about the federal government infringing on their religious liberty with a state religion. His letter was to calm the Baptists telling them that the government would not dictate to them about religion and that they would be free to exercise their beliefs without government interference. If in fact the "Separation of Church and State" rallying cry you see from the secular progressives was accurate, does one wonder how if came to pass that the President of the United States is sworn in with his left hand on the Bible? The same Bible that today is not allowed to be seen in public schools? Or the fact the there has been a Senate Chaplain since 1789, or the fact that both opening secessions of the House and Senate begin with an opening prayer, and have done so since 1787? But a grade school cannot begin school with an opening prayer? Does this make sense to anyone out there?

Serenity Now
5/18/2015, 01:43 PM
I expect all manner of conservative religious folks to follow suit with you and denounce any church members who have divorced in the past or who've committed adultery. I'm thinking pre-marital sex as well.

Lev 20:

Other things comparable to homosexuality:
*dishonoring mother/father
*adultery (in many way, shapes and forms form - so detailed it reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM2RUVnTlvs)
*marrying a woman and her daughter
*bestiality
*sex with a woman on her period
*marrying his brothers wife
*eating pork

dwarthog
5/18/2015, 02:02 PM

The test isn't to compare to Dearborn, Mi, it's to living in a "Muslim" country and then trying to dictate that they'll not roll out their prayer rugs and face mecca 5 times a day because it "offends" you.

Serenity Now
5/18/2015, 02:06 PM
The test isn't to compare to Dearborn, Mi, it's to living in a "Muslim" country and then trying to dictate that they'll not roll out their prayer rugs and face mecca 5 times a day because it "offends" you.

How can we be better than the rest of the world while at the same time using their actions as a bottom baseline. Aren't we supposed to be the "shining city on the hill"?

Tear Down This Wall
5/18/2015, 02:25 PM

Wake up. It doesn't matter who believes what. There are enough minorities in Ohio and Florida that it isn't possible for the Republicans to win another presidency.

Hillary Clinton could kill a convent full of nuns - or, let Muslim terrorists do it for her - and she'd still be the president from 2017 - 2025.

And, don't think nominating a sell out will help. The GOP has already run Lindsey Graham-like candidates in Bob Dole, John McCain, and Mitt Robotney. Those GOPers who co-opt socially liberal views have been defeated by some of the weakest candidates in the history of the presidency.

Idiocracy is already happening. You have to accept it. Just be glad that you won't be alive when your grandchildren and great grandchildren are alive. You've lived through the last of the best years of America. Be thankful.

Tear Down This Wall
5/18/2015, 02:29 PM
I expect all manner of conservative religious folks to follow suit with you and denounce any church members who have divorced in the past or who've committed adultery. I'm thinking pre-marital sex as well.

Lev 20:

*adultery (in many way, shapes and forms form - so detailed it reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM2RUVnTlvs)
*bestiality
*eating pork

You do a good job of referencing God's direction to the Jewish people and trying to tie it to followers of Christ. Misguided, for sure, but you do a good job of it.

FaninAma
5/18/2015, 02:32 PM
What's religion got to do with political parties? I know plenty of good supporters of the radical pro-abortion party who like to think they like Christ.

FIFY. YWIA.

Soonerjeepman
5/18/2015, 02:51 PM

Lev 20:

*bestiality
*eating pork

okay that is gross no matter who you are~

FWIW, I just think the socially liberal "Christians" use the WWJD to justify their position. I love how they say "would Jesus do this or that?" honestly...IF he was around in this time period I'm pretty sure he wouldn't. Am I without sin...no. I still can disagree with what is going on. Just man up and say your okay with this crap...not necessarily you, but the Christians you speak of.

champions77
5/18/2015, 03:55 PM
Wake up. It doesn't matter who believes what. There are enough minorities in Ohio and Florida that it isn't possible for the Republicans to win another presidency.

Hillary Clinton could kill a convent full of nuns - or, let Muslim terrorists do it for her - and she'd still be the president from 2017 - 2025.

And, don't think nominating a sell out will help. The GOP has already run Lindsey Graham-like candidates in Bob Dole, John McCain, and Mitt Robotney. Those GOPers who co-opt socially liberal views have been defeated by some of the weakest candidates in the history of the presidency.

Idiocracy is already happening. You have to accept it. Just be glad that you won't be alive when your grandchildren and great grandchildren are alive. You've lived through the last of the best years of America. Be thankful.

What gave you the slightest indication that I believe if the GOP ran a Rhino they would or could beat Hillary? Those folks you list are the very ones that have crippled the GOP. You left out Bush 41 and W. Both solid moderates who did very little to promote the conservative brand. I know, I know, they ALL say they are conservatives, but then when you look at their records, there is very little difference between them and the libs, at least as to fiscal policies. The two parties have collaborated and are culpable in what will be 20 TRILLON in debt by the time The Great Messiah leaves office. For each of them, buying votes with the US Treasury and keeping themselves in office outweighs acting responsibly and in the best interest of the citizens of this once great county. Statesman have become a rare commodity around Washington DC. And the ones that are...are immediately branded as radicals and vilified as for throwing Granny over the cliff or starving little kids or are for dirty air and dirty water. The lame stream media jumps into the fray, and the PR battle is lost once again. Usually results in surrender.

We are doomed is not going out on a limb.

Serenity Now
5/18/2015, 04:07 PM
"The lame stream media jumps into the fray"

As worn out a phrase as "faux news". :)

REDREX
5/18/2015, 04:20 PM
Anyone that believes the main stream media does not do the bidding of the left is a Blind Fool

champions77
5/18/2015, 04:29 PM
"The lame stream media jumps into the fray"

As worn out a phrase as "faux news". :)

Oh come on and be honest. You know that anytime a politician proposes something that is with merit, like a failing social security system, or addressing the billions in waste and fraud in Medicare or food stamp programs, that the predictable occurs, that the Repub is attacked by a Charles Shumer or Nany Pelosi as a heartless, cruel person, whose actions will starve thousands, even if the so called cut, is not a cut in the budget, but a cut in the rate of increase in that program's budget. And then on the nightly news, there is the interview with the woman who will be hurt greatly if this legislation is passed, showing her six little snotty nosed dirty kids playing stick ball outside in the street. It's all become so predictable.

There would not be a Fox News if the main stream media has not drifted so far left. That's a fact.

Maybe a more "up to date" description would have been the six little snotty nosed kids playing their Xboxes in the background and arguing about who would be the first to get the new IPhone 7.

Soonerjeepman
5/18/2015, 06:27 PM
didn't msnbc or whatever it is...really bomb in ratings, but Fox and CNN have actually increased...? interesting

Tear Down This Wall
5/19/2015, 01:31 PM
What gave you the slightest indication that I believe if the GOP ran a Rhino they would or could beat Hillary? Those folks you list are the very ones that have crippled the GOP. You left out Bush 41 and W. Both solid moderates who did very little to promote the conservative brand. I know, I know, they ALL say they are conservatives, but then when you look at their records, there is very little difference between them and the libs, at least as to fiscal policies. The two parties have collaborated and are culpable in what will be 20 TRILLON in debt by the time The Great Messiah leaves office. For each of them, buying votes with the US Treasury and keeping themselves in office outweighs acting responsibly and in the best interest of the citizens of this once great county. Statesman have become a rare commodity around Washington DC. And the ones that are...are immediately branded as radicals and vilified as for throwing Granny over the cliff or starving little kids or are for dirty air and dirty water. The lame stream media jumps into the fray, and the PR battle is lost once again. Usually results in surrender.

We are doomed is not going out on a limb.

All of that is true as well. So, why waste time with it?

For maybe a decade or two longer, the government will continue to prop up its attempt to keep expanding the welfare state. To stay positive you just have to look at it this way: the government is paying people to not complete with me for real jobs and money.

That's what it all comes down to. Do I pay a bit more in taxes? Yes. But, more and more people aren't even attempting to get to my level. At this point, it's pretty much other whites, Asians, new African immigrants, Indians, Pakistanis, and a few other groups.

That is who is studying and working the most. My competition is less and less my fellow American. And, that's fine to a certain degree.

Because of the electoral college, the national elections are now a foregone conclusion. States right may have a decade or two left. But, even states rights are killed in court. And, with Democrats in control of the White House, it won't be long before it's nine justices appointed by Democratic presidents - ready, willing, and able to turn and state law back against it.

Keep you money invested well; keep some at home. And, pray for your kids; they'll inherit the idiocracy that socialism begets.

Soonerjeepman
5/19/2015, 01:36 PM
Building a house out on land, going to become as far off the grid as possible...unfortunately my kids and maybe grand kids someday won't have it like we do.

champions77
5/19/2015, 03:22 PM
All of that is true as well. So, why waste time with it?

For maybe a decade or two longer, the government will continue to prop up its attempt to keep expanding the welfare state. To stay positive you just have to look at it this way: the government is paying people to not complete with me for real jobs and money.

That's what it all comes down to. Do I pay a bit more in taxes? Yes. But, more and more people aren't even attempting to get to my level. At this point, it's pretty much other whites, Asians, new African immigrants, Indians, Pakistanis, and a few other groups.

That is who is studying and working the most. My competition is less and less my fellow American. And, that's fine to a certain degree.

Because of the electoral college, the national elections are now a foregone conclusion. States right may have a decade or two left. But, even states rights are killed in court. And, with Democrats in control of the White House, it won't be long before it's nine justices appointed by Democratic presidents - ready, willing, and able to turn and state law back against it.

Keep you money invested well; keep some at home. And, pray for your kids; they'll inherit the idiocracy that socialism begets.

You seem to accept all of this in stride as though you are a powerless subject of the State? A lot of what you state may be true, but I think we are headed to a government collapse, and all those fine folks that are dependent upon the government will not get in the soup lines or sign on to build sidewalks. What you saw in Baltimore and Ferguson, those upstanding folks are coming to my house and yours. You see when you have been given all of these handouts, you cannot understand the true cost and toil that it takes to pay for these things. When that check is not there, then they take from whomever. That is the danger of not being self-reliant. One of the virtues that made this country great in the first place.

So the great majority of us will be affected at some point in time. There will be very few that can stand on the sidelines and watch the show the next time I'm afraid.

Tear Down This Wall
5/20/2015, 11:06 AM
You seem to accept all of this in stride as though you are a powerless subject of the State? A lot of what you state may be true, but I think we are headed to a government collapse, and all those fine folks that are dependent upon the government will not get in the soup lines or sign on to build sidewalks. What you saw in Baltimore and Ferguson, those upstanding folks are coming to my house and yours. You see when you have been given all of these handouts, you cannot understand the true cost and toil that it takes to pay for these things. When that check is not there, then they take from whomever. That is the danger of not being self-reliant. One of the virtues that made this country great in the first place.

So the great majority of us will be affected at some point in time. There will be very few that can stand on the sidelines and watch the show the next time I'm afraid.

I agree. I've said before that I think America will eventually become similar to a Central or South American country, where the leftists continue to blame "the rich" for economic problems while the country continues to slide into an economic abyss.

The final step is governmental appropriation of private property.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/20/2015, 12:21 PM
Chuck Todd: "...attended George Washington University from 1990 to 1994. He played French horn and attended on a music scholarship. Although he majored in political science and minored in music, he did not graduate."
Pathetic.

What music school provides scholarships to minor?? A minor is what, like 9 hours? I have never seen that. Seems like he started on scholly and lost it...

Serenity Now
5/20/2015, 02:05 PM
What music school provides scholarships to minor?? A minor is what, like 9 hours? I have never seen that. Seems like he started on scholly and lost it...

There are probably music "scholarships" that don't cover much at all at GWU.

champions77
5/20/2015, 03:53 PM
I agree. I've said before that I think America will eventually become similar to a Central or South American country, where the leftists continue to blame "the rich" for economic problems while the country continues to slide into an economic abyss.

The final step is governmental appropriation of private property.

You know of all of the flaws in the left's ideology, the one that continues to amaze me because they are so dedicated to it, is the notion that if you just tax the wealthy more, then it will provide sufficient funds to drive all of the federal government spending. That we would not have the deficits of today if the wealthy just paid their "fair share". I know that the old fool Bernie Sanders believes it, and so do a legion of leftists. This concept is so flawed. It has been repudiated so many times, but they continue to regurgitate the same old tired mantra. The numbers do not begin to match up. Someone a few years back said that if taxed millionaires at 100%, you can run the Federal Government for four months. Wow, now that's a solution.

The left of course now on the "income distribution" campaign as a way to solve the "income inequality" CRISIS confronting this country. Of course the solution is to to increase taxes on the wealthy. Gosh that's so simple, why didn't we do that years ago?
The party that is accepting of millions of unskilled, low paid illegal workers here via the Southern border, the party that has created millions of dependent Americans with their social welfare programs that set a very low ceiling for millions, trapping them into a life of poverty, destroying the Capitalistic ascension through the classes from poor to middle class to wealthy that has created one of the greatest standards of living in history, attracting millions from around the world looking to improve their lives by just giving them a chance, and the Democratic Party is concerned about "income inequality"?

Soonerjeepman
5/20/2015, 10:58 PM

a buddy of mine's daughter has a music scholarship (band) to ksu...she isn't majoring in music....(doesn't pay for all...none do)

Soonerjeepman
5/20/2015, 10:59 PM
You know of all of the flaws in the left's ideology, the one that continues to amaze me because they are so dedicated to it, is the notion that if you just tax the wealthy more, then it will provide sufficient funds to drive all of the federal government spending. That we would not have the deficits of today if the wealthy just paid their "fair share". I know that the old fool Bernie Sanders believes it, and so do a legion of leftists. This concept is so flawed. It has been repudiated so many times, but they continue to regurgitate the same old tired mantra. The numbers do not begin to match up. Someone a few years back said that if taxed millionaires at 100%, you can run the Federal Government for four months. Wow, now that's a solution.

The left of course now on the "income distribution" campaign as a way to solve the "income inequality" CRISIS confronting this country. Of course the solution is to to increase taxes on the wealthy. Gosh that's so simple, why didn't we do that years ago?
The party that is accepting of millions of unskilled, low paid illegal workers here via the Southern border, the party that has created millions of dependent Americans with their social welfare programs that set a very low ceiling for millions, trapping them into a life of poverty, destroying the Capitalistic ascension through the classes from poor to middle class to wealthy that has created one of the greatest standards of living in history, attracting millions from around the world looking to improve their lives by just giving them a chance, and the Democratic Party is concerned about "income inequality"?

yup

dwarthog
5/21/2015, 09:07 AM

This also showcase the lefts hypocrisy with regards to "equality".

Everyone should be "equal" except if you are perceived to have more in which case you should be taxed unequally.

champions77
5/21/2015, 09:29 AM
This also showcase the lefts hypocrisy with regards to "equality".

Everyone should be "equal" except if you are perceived to have more in which case you should be taxed unequally.

Yes, the left are the biggest hypocrites. I love the "tolerance" they show conservatives speakers...at least when they are actually allowed to come on campus. What happened to the "open exchange of ideas and opinions" at these Universities? I've seen them shouted down and driven off the stage. The head of the group Minutemen was physically removed from the stage at I believe Columbia a few years back. And the libs think they are the open minded, mature, even keeled Party, non aggressive Party.

Serenity Now
5/21/2015, 09:37 AM
Yes, the left are the biggest hypocrites. I love the "tolerance" they show conservatives speakers...at least when they are actually allowed to come on campus. What happened to the "open exchange of ideas and opinions" at these Universities? I've seen them shouted down and driven off the stage. The head of the group Minutemen was physically removed from the stage at I believe Columbia a few years back. And the libs think they are the open minded, mature, even keeled Party, non aggressive Party.

This is almost as sad as the War on Christmas. [insert tear falling to the ground]

champions77
5/21/2015, 10:23 AM
This is almost as sad as the War on Christmas. [insert tear falling to the ground]

So with your sarcasm I take it you don't buy into that? Actually there is a war on Christians, not only in the Middle East and Africa, but also here too. I get the feeling that the left has a lot more "tolerance" for Muslims than they have for Christians. I think one could make a solid case for that. I seldom see a lib stand up for Christ.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/21/2015, 01:19 PM
So with your sarcasm I take it you don't buy into that? Actually there is a war on Christians, not only in the Middle East and Africa, but also here too. I get the feeling that the left has a lot more "tolerance" for Muslims than they have for Christians. I think one could make a solid case for that. I seldom see a lib stand up for Christ.Heard on the radio yesterday(news broadcast)that one of the Middle East entities(wasn't paying close attention)is hiring accomplished swordsmen, since there are too many beheadings for them to keep up with, so they need more swords at work. Where's Swordboy when you rilly rilly need him?!?!?

Serenity Now
5/21/2015, 01:32 PM
So with your sarcasm I take it you don't buy into that? Actually there is a war on Christians, not only in the Middle East and Africa, but also here too. I get the feeling that the left has a lot more "tolerance" for Muslims than they have for Christians. I think one could make a solid case for that. I seldom see a lib stand up for Christ.

Whatever. The War on Christmas is laughable. I personally am tired of a subset of Christians showing their arses on behalf of my religion. Think about how Christ would operate in our world and act accordingly. I always think back to the quote from St. Francis of Assisi "go out and preach the gospel. Use words if necessary." If many of the Christians that I interact with are relying on their actions, they're doing it wrong.

Serenity Now
5/21/2015, 01:33 PM
Heard on the radio yesterday(news broadcast)that one of the Middle East entities(wasn't paying close attention)is hiring accomplished swordsmen, since there are too many beheadings for them to keep up with, so they need more swords at work. Where's Swordboy when you rilly rilly need him?!?!?

You'd think a really good golfer could adapt his swing. They probably need to just build a guilletine.

FaninAma
5/26/2015, 10:27 AM
Whatever. The War on Christmas is laughable. I personally am tired of a subset of Christians showing their arses on behalf of my religion. Think about how Christ would operate in our world and act accordingly. I always think back to the quote from St. Francis of Assisi "go out and preach the gospel. Use words if necessary." If many of the Christians that I interact with are relying on their actions, they're doing it wrong.
Please provide examples of "a subset of Christians showing their arses on behalf of my religion". I suspect your description of these individuals "showing their arses" amounts to you disagreeing with their interpretation of the Scriptures. If you intended to say that they are acting hypocritically then I suspect those who espouse the tenets of "your" religion do also.

Serenity Now
5/26/2015, 11:56 AM
Fred Phelps & Co., Terry Jones, Tom Vineyard. Do you really need links?

PS: The Duggars and their never ending uterus. That whole thing reminded me of the fight scene in Anchorman. That really got out of hand quick.

FaninAma
5/26/2015, 02:40 PM

PS: The Duggars and their never ending uterus. That whole thing reminded me of the fight scene in Anchorman. That really got out of hand quick.

Are you going to run with the notion that the examples you provided prove anything about most Christians? That's not a "subset" of Christians. That's a small speck of wacko idiots that the liberals love to use to condemn the entire religion. That is so weak...and old....and intellectually bankrupt.

And what do you mean when you post "never ending uterus"? Is having a lot of kids a bad thing?

Serenity Now
5/26/2015, 03:20 PM
I don't think they prove anything about Christians. However, the wackos paint American Christians with the brush for the rest of the world and our day to day world of non-believers and quasi-believers. If you think some 19 year old hasn't turned away from religion because of these wackos then you're wrong.

I'm not speaking as a liberal. I'm speaking as a former Sunday School teacher and church Treasurer.

FaninAma
5/26/2015, 03:47 PM
I don't think they prove anything about Christians. However, the wackos paint American Christians with the brush for the rest of the world and our day to day world of non-believers and quasi-believers. If you think some 19 year old hasn't turned away from religion because of these wackos then you're wrong.

I'm not speaking as a liberal. I'm speaking as a former Sunday School teacher and church Treasurer.

If a 19 year old turns away from Christianity because of what Fred phelps did then the 19 year old wasn't exposed to the true tenets of Christianity or wasn't serious about accepting Christ in the first place.

A nation without a strong sense of spirituality is a dying nation.

Soonerjeepman
5/26/2015, 05:23 PM
If a 19 year old turns away from Christianity because of what Fred phelps did then the 19 year old wasn't exposed to the true tenets of Christianity or didn't wasn't serious about accepting Christ in the first place.

Yup

Serenity Now
5/26/2015, 05:41 PM
If a 19 year old turns away from Christianity because of what Fred phelps did then the 19 year old wasn't exposed to the true tenets of Christianity or didn't wasn't serious about accepting Christ in the first place.

Weak answer. A. The age from 16 to 25 is where spiritual development happens except for people who've been fully indoctrinated. I think people who grow through this period and come to the Word in that manner is a faith with much more foundation that has been thought through. B. Christianity aims to reach out to all - indoctrinated and not. Correct?

5/26/2015, 07:14 PM
Are you going to run with the notion that the examples you provided prove anything about most Christians? That's not a "subset" of Christians. That's a small speck of wacko idiots that the liberals love to use to condemn the entire religion. That is so weak...and old....and intellectually bankrupt.

And what do you mean when you post "never ending uterus"? Is having a lot of kids a bad thing?Very well said, and OF COURSE having many children is a bad thing. Why would you think it's not!

Turd_Ferguson
5/26/2015, 08:31 PM
I'm not speaking as a liberal.

You're a ****ing joke is what you are and a gigantic ***** as well. Typical lib that thinks he knows everything, but don't know **** about ****. I'll ask again, why don't you find another forum that would suck on your labia for all the flaming lib **** you post?

FaninAma
5/26/2015, 09:26 PM
Weak answer. A. The age from 16 to 25 is where spiritual development happens except for people who've been fully indoctrinated. I think people who grow through this period and come to the Word in that manner is a faith with much more foundation that has been thought through. B. Christianity aims to reach out to all - indoctrinated and not. Correct?
Indoctrinated? That's a strange term to describe a faith in Christ. I think spiritual development actually happens after that age range if you aren't already committed to following the principles of Christianity. My experience has been that people tire of seeking answers in the secular world and desire a more spiritually meaningful life.

Without a spiritual compass life-guiding principles are nothing but the opinions of other human beings who may or may not be more intelligent or enlightened than me.

Serenity Now
5/26/2015, 09:27 PM
You're a ****ing joke is what you are and a gigantic ***** as well. Typical lib that thinks he knows everything, but don't know **** about ****. I'll ask again, why don't you find another forum that would suck on your labia for all the flaming lib **** you post?

F. U. C. K.

O. F. F.

Serenity Now
5/26/2015, 09:44 PM
Indoctrinated? That's a strange term to describe a faith in Christ. I think spiritual development actually happens after that age ranfe if you aren't already committed to following the principles of Christianity. My experienxe is that people tire of seeking answers in the secular world and desire a more spiritual meaningful life.

Without a spiritual compass guiding principles are nothing but the opinions of other human beings who may or may not be more intelligent or enlightened than me.
I guess that is a hot button word to you guys. My kids are indoctrinated in that Sunday is for church, they can recite the Apostles Creed, etc. young adulthood is when they have to merge what they were taught with their world. I agree with you about the guiding principles.

Tear Down This Wall
5/27/2015, 04:12 PM
If a 19 year old turns away from Christianity because of what Fred phelps did then the 19 year old wasn't exposed to the true tenets of Christianity or wasn't serious about accepting Christ in the first place.

Exactly. Probably moreso that the parents weren't fully engaged in it at home; that's where spirituality normal begins.

If a 19 year old thinks Fred Phelps is in any way Christian, then the 19 year old knows nothing about Christianity.

Sooner in Tampa
5/28/2015, 08:43 AM

The never ending uterus comment is pretty crass, judgmental, and basically uncalled for...WTF you to decide how many children a woman should have? At least the family supports themselves...I mean, it's not like it's some woman on subsistence and spitting out 6 different kids from 6 different fathers just to increase he benefits.

Serenity Now
5/28/2015, 10:39 AM
They also are exponentially expanding their worldview that apparently involves things like incest, molestation and covering it up. Good job!

Tear Down This Wall
5/28/2015, 10:43 AM
They also are exponentially expanding their worldview that apparently involves things like incest, molestation and covering it up. Good job!

Wake me when such a person flees the country to avoid prosecution, then is lauded universally by those in his industry.

FaninAma
5/28/2015, 10:47 AM

Yep, because the entire family should be condemned for the actions of one of their kids when he was 14 years old. Of course I could have predicted this would happen when the show first started. Once a family that professes to be Chrisitian gains wide spread public recognition the long knives of the left come out. Of course Bill Clinton can hang out with rich guys convicted of child prostitution and the same liberals never utter a peep.

BoulderSooner79
5/28/2015, 11:25 AM

If you have 19 kids, the odds are at least one is going to be broken. Just trying to handle that many in 1 family may well increase the odds. I'm just glad that not many women in the US think it's a good idea to max out their reproductive output or we would have a pretty s.hitty place to live pretty quickly. I found it disgusting that this family made of living out of being huge. Fortunately, reality show ratings can only support a very limited number of these situations (like maybe one). And those to the right that support this family because they are just being good Christians - how would you react if this were a Muslim family? Or even a Jewish or Mormon family?

Serenity Now
5/28/2015, 11:36 AM
Yep, because the entire family should be condemned for the actions of one of their kids when he was 14 years old. Of course I could have predicted this would happen when the show first started. Once a family that professes to be Chrisitian gains wide spread public recognition the long knives of the left come out. Of course Bill Clinton can hang out with rich guys convicted of child prostitution and the same liberals never utter a peep.
You should totally encarta hypocrisy. Mama June got just as cancelled.

5/28/2015, 01:16 PM
...Once a family that professes to be Chrisitian gains wide spread public recognition the long knives of the left come out. Of course Bill Clinton can hang out with rich guys convicted of child prostitution and the same liberals never utter a peep.and, the Left never seems to notice the above, in addition to so many other examples of the democrats behaving badly, illegally or treasonously, or all 3.

Sooner in Tampa
5/28/2015, 02:23 PM
And those to the right that support this family because they are just being good Christians - how would you react if this were a Muslim family? Or even a Jewish or Mormon family?
So basically, you are calling everyone on the right...racist.

Let me know how that works out for you, prick!

FTR...I DGAS what race they are...if they have a ton of kids and can support them on their own...more power to 'em!

Serenity Now
5/28/2015, 03:07 PM

FTR...I DGAS what race they are...if they have a ton of kids and can support them on their own...more power to 'em!

Agree. As long as they're not diddling each other and kids from other circles and then trying to cover it up. That's illegal. We have certain laws on the books.

Molestation is a learned behavior, generally. Right?

BoulderSooner79
5/28/2015, 07:14 PM

Just where did I mention race? I'm implying folks are skewing their views on the implications of rampant reproduction based on religion. And I formatted it as a question so you could fill in your view and call me a name. You're welcome. I shouldn't have said "right" because there are plenty of Christians on both sides that I would speculate would answer the same. But on this forum, it seems to be postulated that the right are Christians and the left are those waging war on Christians - just trying to follow protocol.

I also don't care what religion they are either - having 19 kids is obscene if it is culturally encouraged.

Sooner in Tampa
5/29/2015, 07:35 AM
Boulder...I will apologize for using prick...probably uncalled for. I have to admit that I get a little touchy when people paint with such broad brushes and just assume that everyone from a certain race, religion, political affiliation, education, or just a group in general all think the same way...it is irresponsible and short sighted.

It is not just this board that paints the right as "evangelical"...society in general does the same thing. As far as the left waging war on Christians...I don't know if "war" is the correct term, but there is certainly a movement to limit the effect of Christianity in this country...schools, public spaces, or government. There was a poll that less American are evangelical in general today...in my mind, all of this is tied together. For better or worse (depending on your personal beliefs), this country is moving away from religion as a whole.

I don't know if I consider one family with a reality television show as the definition of "culturally encouraged"...that's like saying the Teen Mom on MTV makes being a teenage mom culturally encouraged. Isolated instances that are far from cultural encouragement.

yermom
5/29/2015, 07:43 AM
you say that like the country moving away from religion is a bad thing

it has no business in schools, public spaces or government. not on my dime, anyway.

i have no problem with the Duggers being Christian, or having 19 kids, or being on TV, but the idea that the church needs to handle something like diddling kids before the cops? that's ****ed up. i guess they learned by watching the pope.

BoulderSooner79
5/29/2015, 09:13 AM
Boulder...I will apologize for using prick...probably uncalled for. I have to admit that I get a little touchy when people paint with such broad brushes and just assume that everyone from a certain race, religion, political affiliation, education, or just a group in general all think the same way...it is irresponsible and short sighted.

It is not just this board that paints the right as "evangelical"...society in general does the same thing. As far as the left waging war on Christians...I don't know if "war" is the correct term, but there is certainly a movement to limit the effect of Christianity in this country...schools, public spaces, or government. There was a poll that less American are evangelical in general today...in my mind, all of this is tied together. For better or worse (depending on your personal beliefs), this country is moving away from religion as a whole.

I don't know if I consider one family with a reality television show as the definition of "culturally encouraged"...that's like saying the Teen Mom on MTV makes being a teenage mom culturally encouraged. Isolated instances that are far from cultural encouragement.

I'm one that agrees we need to limit Christianity in the form of laws. I consider it one of those slippery slope issues and we must be constantly vigilant to avoid incremental intrusion. I think devout Christians are (understandably) biased to see this as pushing away from Christianity when the real goal should be status quo of something that is working pretty well. We are *not* a Christian nation; we are a Christian majority nation. It is reasonable to expect Christian ethics are supported by the laws of a majority Christian democracy, but I consider it imperative to avoid rote Christian doctrine. i have no doubt that if every Christian derived law whizzed through the legislature because of the majority status we would soon resemble the middle east with it's powerful clerics running the show. Then the tension would not be between Christians and non-Christians as that issue would be resolved. It would become a conflict between the different flavors of Christians just like it has become between the Sunni and Shiites. Because it is ultimately a battle of power and control. Catholic vs. Baptist anyone? Sounds far fetched but people haven't fundamentally changed and there is plenty of history to support such a scenario.

dwarthog
5/29/2015, 09:23 AM
you say that like the country moving away from religion is a bad thing

it has no business in schools, public spaces or government. not on my dime, anyway.

i have no problem with the Duggers being Christian, or having 19 kids, or being on TV, but the idea that the church needs to handle something like diddling kids before the cops? that's ****ed up. i guess they learned by watching the pope.

I agree with this 100 percent!

This also goes for the lefts indoctrination efforts too. It has no business in schools, public space or government, not on my dime.

Serenity Now
5/29/2015, 09:28 AM
I agree with this 100 percent!

This also goes for the lefts indoctrination efforts too. It has no business in schools, public space or government, not on my dime.

Can you elaborate on examples of the indoctrination you reference?

dwarthog
5/29/2015, 09:49 AM
Can you elaborate on examples of the indoctrination you reference?

Pick any of the lefts hot buttons and go from there, GBLT etc.

Plus schools show that damn inaccurate propaganda movie, An Inconvenient Truth that said the polar ice caps would be gone in 5 years. Movie was made in 2006 and the ice caps are still there.

Serenity Now
5/29/2015, 10:36 AM
Pick any of the lefts hot buttons and go from there, GBLT etc.

Plus schools show that damn inaccurate propaganda movie, An Inconvenient Truth that said the polar ice caps would be gone in 5 years. Movie was made in 2006 and the ice caps are still there.
That movie was silly.

I think I'm looking more for real examples like evolution v. big bang. I think there are more examples of the realities of school book economics seeing a migration toward a right wing history akin to that kooky movie by Dinesh D'Souza RE American Exceptionalism.

dwarthog
5/29/2015, 11:13 AM
That movie was silly.

I think I'm looking more for real examples like evolution v. big bang. I think there are more examples of the realities of school book economics seeing a migration toward a right wing history akin to that kooky movie by Dinesh D'Souza RE American Exceptionalism.

The point is that schools should be dedicated to teaching the 3 "R's" as they used to say.

The rest should be after school activities.