PDA

View Full Version : If ya got the Balls Watch this Then thank a Freaking DEM.

olevetonahill
5/13/2015, 02:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzvb1iLtfrc

I despise Nixon but at least he got us Out of there!

olevetonahill
5/13/2015, 02:23 AM
Heres a real deal ok ?

Myth: The common belief is that the fighting in Vietnam was not as intense as in World War II.
Fact: The average infantryman in the South Pacific during World War II saw about 40 days of combat in four years. The average infantryman in Vietnam saw about 240 days of combat in one year thanks to the mobility of the helicopter. One out of every 10 Americans who served in Vietnam was a casualty. 58,148 were killed and 304,000 wounded out of 2.7 million who served. Although the percent that died is similar to other wars, amputations or crippling wounds were 300 percent higher than in World War II. 75,000 Vietnam veterans are severely disabled. MEDEVAC helicopters flew nearly 500,000 missions. Over 900,000 patients were airlifted (nearly half were American). The average time lapse between wounding to hospitalization was less than one hour. As a result, less than one percent of all Americans wounded, who survived the first 24 hours, died. The helicopter provided unprecedented mobility. Without the helicopter it would have taken three times as many troops to secure the 800 mile border with Cambodia and Laos (the politicians thought the Geneva Conventions of 1954 and the Geneva Accords or 1962 would secure the border).

olevetonahill
5/13/2015, 02:25 AM
**** you LIBS and Dems! Yall gave us that war, Plus the ****ing "GREAT SOCIETY"
KMA!

olevetonahill
5/13/2015, 02:26 AM
Now that I've calmed down , I want to know how many of the Libs and such that post here really care about those we lost?

BoulderSooner79
5/13/2015, 02:40 PM
So caring about our lost soldiers is now a partisan issue too? REALLY, Vet? Okay then, which of the political parties is more to fund programs to support surviving veterans?

olevetonahill
5/13/2015, 02:49 PM
So caring about our lost soldiers is now a partisan issue too? REALLY, Vet? Okay then, which of the political parties is more to fund programs to support surviving veterans?

Heh, I were Lost in the 60s again last night :drunk: One of the 3 er 4 anniversary things I deal with every year. I be ok now for a few months LOL

Serenity Now
5/13/2015, 02:55 PM

Well stated Boulder.

vet: Thanks for your service.

BoulderSooner79
5/13/2015, 03:15 PM
Heh, I were Lost in the 60s again last night :drunk: One of the 3 er 4 anniversary things I deal with every year. I be ok now for a few months LOL

The 60s were "unique" :) I was lucky to be a bit too young for Vietnam - got a draft card just as we were declaring victory and getting the heck out. Vets from that one were never given the respect they should have gotten and the whole mess was just a dam shame.

And yes, thanks for your service and glad you're okay (for a few months).