PDA

View Full Version : Another chance for y'all to rag on Obama. I'll join you this time.

TAFBSooner
5/11/2015, 06:05 PM
http://www.lrb.co.uk/v37/n10/seymour-m-hersh/the-killing-of-osama-bin-laden

quotes:

- that bin Laden had been a prisoner of the ISI at the Abbottabad compound since 2006

- payoffs to the Pakistanis for information and letting us in

- Pakistan knew of the raid in advance

- the CIA did not learn of bin Laden’s whereabouts by tracking his couriers

BoulderSooner79
5/11/2015, 09:00 PM
This is a "who cares" for me. Of course Pakistan had been harboring Bin Laden as he was a hero of the people. For us to claim a secret raid allows the Pakistan government to feign outrage that we violated their border to try not to spark a revolt against them. The story seems like more of a courtesy to the Paki government, but I don't GAS how it really went down.

Serenity Now
5/11/2015, 10:14 PM
This is a "who cares" for me. Of course Pakistan had been harboring Bin Laden as he was a hero of the people. For us to claim a secret raid allows the Pakistan government to feign outrage that we violated their border to try not to spark a revolt against them. The story seems like more of a courtesy to the Paki government, but I don't GAS how it really went down.

I don't buy it. I saw zero dark thirty.

BoulderSooner79
5/11/2015, 10:41 PM
I don't buy it. I saw zero dark thirty.

I saw it too. I'm not saying I buy this reporter's account as fact either, but I have always believed that Bin Laden was being protected by the Pakistan government to elude us for so long. And it's FACT that OBL had folk hero status with the Pakistani populous which created a real bind for their government. As far as what really unfolded, I don't care as long as he is really dead.

Serenity Now
5/11/2015, 11:14 PM
I saw it too. I'm not saying I buy this reporter's account as fact either, but I have always believed that Bin Laden was being protected by the Pakistan government to elude us for so long. And it's FACT that OBL had folk hero status with the Pakistani populous which created a real bind for their government. As far as what really unfolded, I don't care as long as he is really dead.
I was kind of kidding. I would probably buy that some level there knew he was there and turned their head when we came to get him. To me, there's too much detail in the account of "how" and there's too much speculation to believe this story. Plus, Jessica chastain.

Soonerjeepman
5/12/2015, 08:16 AM
I think it just shows obama's arrogance as well. He just as easily could have left it alone than to claim it was all him. This is more for the "obama is the savior" crowd..claiming bush orchestrated 9/11 bullcrap.

champions77
5/12/2015, 11:15 AM
So with the countless lies we have seen out of this Administration, why would we not believe this story? I'm sure the author has a lot more credibility than does BHO. BHO a congenital liar. Time will not allow me the time it would take to chronicle all this lies, distortions, misinformation and deceit.

I question after all of the lies, why would anyone believe anything that comes out of this Administration? Why?

Get ready for Hillary. She might be the only person that would make BHO look trustworthy in comparison.

SoonerProphet
5/12/2015, 11:36 AM
I feel quite certain that many who read Sy's literature in the early 2000's regarding Iraq thought it was a bunch of bovine scatology. Now that he is criticizing the Blue Team the hypocrites come out in full force.

Turd_Ferguson
5/12/2015, 11:40 AM
I feel quite certain that many who read Sy's literature in the early 2000's regarding Iraq thought it was a bunch of bovine scatology. Now that he is criticizing the Blue Team the hypocrites come out in full force.

You feel quite certain? Do you know this to be the case or not?

SoonerProphet
5/12/2015, 11:55 AM
You feel quite certain? Do you know this to be the case or not?

I can say with certainty that Iraq War cheerleaders dismissed Sy Hersh out of hand. Even Commentary felt obliged to smear him as a traitor, liberal, or queer, whatever works I suppose. So now he writes a piece and many who dismissed him now think he is the greatest investigative journalist of all time.

Did that help or do you need a further simplification of the point?

olevetonahill
5/12/2015, 12:18 PM
I can say with certainty that Iraq War cheerleaders dismissed Sy Hersh out of hand. Even Commentary felt obliged to smear him as a traitor, liberal, or queer, whatever works I suppose. So now he writes a piece and many who dismissed him now think he is the greatest investigative journalist of all time.

Do you even know what the hell YOU'RE talking about?
I never really heard of the clown then or now. and i dayumed sure dont need some arsehole journalist Nor a lib on a message board telling me I can rag on Obammy. that assclown gives us enough ammo as it is.

SoonerProphet
5/12/2015, 12:23 PM
Do you even know what the hell YOU'RE talking about?
I never really heard of the clown then or now. and i dayumed sure dont need some arsehole journalist Nor a lib on a message board telling me I can rag on Obammy. that assclown gives us enough ammo as it is.

Yes, I realize English comp is tough, but try to keep up. I am not surprised you have not heard of Sy Hersh. Ignorance is bliss I've heard, plenty of it on this thread. Feel free to rag on whomever, does little to change my point. Which apparently is hard to grasp.

olevetonahill
5/12/2015, 12:29 PM
Yes, I realize English comp is tough, but try to keep up. I am not surprised you have not heard of Sy Hersh. Ignorance is bliss I've heard, plenty of it on this thread. Feel free to rag on whomever, does little to change my point. Which apparently is hard to grasp.

Aw I see, the age old Lib having superior knowledge dodge. Good jorb.

olevetonahill
5/12/2015, 12:31 PM
Oh and please tell how does what he said some 15 years ago which no one here was around to comment have to do with what hes saying today?
I paid no attention to him then and Im paying none now.

Turd_Ferguson
5/12/2015, 12:32 PM

So, who specifically dismissed him and what Commentary felt obliged? Not trying to start a fight...just asking cause I know you're all smart and stuff.

olevetonahill
5/12/2015, 12:36 PM
So, who specifically dismissed him and what Commentary felt obliged? Not trying to start a fight...just asking cause I know you're all smart and stuff.

Turd, No one was here 15 years ago to even talk about this. The dude is pullin nuggets out hisass.

Turd_Ferguson
5/12/2015, 12:40 PM
Turd, No one was here 15 years ago to even talk about this. The dude is pullin nuggets out hisass.

:D:D:D

SoonerProphet
5/12/2015, 12:41 PM
Oh and please tell how does what he said some 15 years ago which no one here was around to comment have to do with what hes saying today?
I paid no attention to him then and Im paying none now.

No superior knowledge dodge, it ain't rocket surgery genius. He wrote a bunch of pieces on W., Cheney, et. al. during and after 2003. People for Team Red got pissed. Now he writes an article critical of Team Blue and guess what. Why the **** are you commenting then. Were you drunk during the whole Iraq War thing.

SoonerProphet
5/12/2015, 12:42 PM

Way before you and the posse reach a rounders got here.

olevetonahill
5/12/2015, 12:44 PM
No superior knowledge dodge, it ain't rocket surgery genius. He wrote a bunch of pieces on W., Cheney, et. al. during and after 2003. People for Team Red got pissed. Now he writes an article critical of Team Blue and guess what. Why the **** are you commenting then. Were you drunk during the whole Iraq War thing.

Why are YOU? IMHO anyone who pays any attention to any slanted News org. Or editorial writer is a Fing idiot. I dont care what he said then I dont care what he said Yesterday.

Why are YOU even commenting on this?

SoonerProphet
5/12/2015, 12:58 PM
Why are YOU? IMHO anyone who pays any attention to any slanted News org. Or editorial writer is a Fing idiot. I dont care what he said then I dont care what he said Yesterday.

Why are YOU even commenting on this?

TAFB started a thread on the topic, I commented, that is usually how this whole message board thing works.

olevetonahill
5/12/2015, 01:02 PM
TAFB started a thread on the topic, I commented, that is usually how this whole message board thing works.

Really? No ****? Well I be doggies.

Then WHY IN **** did you ask ME why i was commenting? Ya ****ing Moran!

Serenity Now
5/12/2015, 01:41 PM
Really? No ****? Well I be doggies.

Then WHY IN **** did you ask ME why i was commenting? Ya ****ing Moran!

Chapter 3 in how to win friends and influence people. Mr. Newman would be so proud of you.

An old-school liberal

Newman was a lifelong Democrat9 and was very active politically. In the late 60s, Newman was in staunch opposition to the Vietnam War and campaigned for Lyndon B. Johnson’s opponent, Democrat Eugene McCarthy.10

His continued protests against the Vietnam War earned him number 19 on Richard Nixon’s list of enemies,11 to which he said:

Being on [President Richard Nixon’s] enemies list was the highest single honor I’ve ever received. Who knows who’s listening to me now and what government list I’m on?12

Newman embraced even modern liberal causes–before they were cool. He claims to have been a champion of gay rights since he was a kid:

I’m a supporter of gay rights. And not a closet supporter, either. From the time I was a kid, I have never been able to understand attacks upon the gay community.13

And he’s suggested that nuclear power could be a part of the solution against global warming.14

But what Newman is probably the most famous for, to this day, is his massive efforts for charity. In 1982, Newman started a salad dressing company called Newman’s Own and decided to give away all profits after taxes. At the time of writing, Newman’s Own (with its dramatically expanded product line) has donated over $370 million to charitable causes15 ranging far and wide including an award for people whose work helps uphold the First Amendment16 and helping to fund and organize a committee to encourage other corporations to up their levels of philanthropy.17

One would be hard-pressed to find an actor that has done more for society. Paul Newman is the gift that keeps on giving.

http://hollowverse.com/paul-newman/

Maybe you should change your picture to something more appropriate: http://www.larrythecableguy.com/ or : https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome-psyapi2&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8&q=marcus%20bachman&oq=marcus%20bachman&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.2759j0j7