PDA

View Full Version : So Carson is running. This gonna make things interesting

olevetonahill
5/3/2015, 07:37 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/ben-carson-famed-neurosurgeon-running-president-001107942--election.html

Eielson
5/3/2015, 07:43 PM
Love him. Think he's awesome. Not sure about him as a politician, though.

Soonerjeepman
5/4/2015, 03:18 PM
didn't he have some uproar over the gay thing?

rock on sooner
5/4/2015, 03:39 PM
didn't he have some uproar over the gay thing?

Yup, he said that, in effect, being gay is a learned life style. His example was that a
straight guy goes to prison and comes out gay.

Serenity Now
5/4/2015, 04:51 PM
Smart guy. Neurosurgeon's aren't idiots and he's a recognized one at that.

That said, he says some things that A. I can't imagine a man of his education actually believing and B. hinder his ability to be electable.

1. Redefining marriage played a role in the “fall of the Roman Empire” - January 22, 2013
2. No one can redefine marriage, “be they gays, be they NAMBLA…” - March 26, 2013
3. Obamacare is “worst thing” to happen to America since slavery - November 11, 2013
4. The United States is “very much like Nazi Germany” - March 12, 2014
5. Obamacare is worse than 9/11… except it isn’t - June 5, 2014

Eielson
5/4/2015, 06:05 PM
Paul/Carson 2016

SoonerorLater
5/4/2015, 06:46 PM

That said, he says some things that A. I can't imagine a man of his education actually believing and B. hinder his ability to be electable.

1. Redefining marriage played a role in the “fall of the Roman Empire” - January 22, 2013
2. No one can redefine marriage, “be they gays, be they NAMBLA…” - March 26, 2013
3. Obamacare is “worst thing” to happen to America since slavery - November 11, 2013

Some excellent copy and paste work from MSNBC. Wasn't there another poster that used to be on this board that did the same thing?

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/ben-carsons-top-five-eyebrow-raising-comments

Serenity Now
5/4/2015, 07:18 PM
I made no claim that they were "mine". I just remembered that he said some odd things and I googled it. Is that wrong?

Eielson
5/4/2015, 07:23 PM
I made no claim that they were "mine". I just remembered that he said some odd things and I googled it. Is that wrong?

It's an 8th tactic, so be careful.

Serenity Now
5/4/2015, 07:34 PM
I figured the way it was typed it was kind of clear that it wasn't from any memory that I had.

ouwasp
5/4/2015, 10:56 PM
I like Carson. He seems to be a person for our young folks to be emulating. Sure would like to see him debating HRC, but I don't think he'll make it that far. I'll be happy to vote for him.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/5/2015, 12:06 AM
I like Carson. He seems to be a person for our young folks to be emulating. Sure would like to see him debating HRC, but I don't think he'll make it that far. I'll be happy to vote for him.Yup! Whoever's left standing vs whichever statist the D's present.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/5/2015, 12:32 AM
Wasn't he the black kid on All in the Family?

Soonerjeepman
5/5/2015, 11:20 AM
Yup, he said that, in effect, being gay is a learned life style. His example was that a
straight guy goes to prison and comes out gay.

ah, yes....well, I DON'T believe it's biological (has yet to be proven) like being black, or some gene mutation for being special needs (well, maybe that~)

So in essences, yes....it is a "learned" lifestyle. Not sure I agree with the prison example.

SoonerProphet
5/5/2015, 12:26 PM
He doesn't know what fookin countries are in NATO but at least he thinks we should throw money at em.

Serenity Now
5/5/2015, 12:28 PM
ah, yes....well, I DON'T believe it's biological (has yet to be proven) like being black, or some gene mutation for being special needs (well, maybe that~)

So in essences, yes....it is a "learned" lifestyle. Not sure I agree with the prison example.

Except that we all know kids who grew up in a family setting where the experiences didn't differ among the children, yet one girl was always a tomboy and the third baseman took a step back and to the right when she stepped to the plate or there was always a boy that hung out with the girl cousins as a cheerleader while the boys played football. I've seen these traits show up very "pre-puberty". Given that, I don't know what it is but, generally speaking, it's not "learned" in my view.

I think the prison example is silly. I'm sure there is more homosexual sex in prison. I think what you find is that many of those folks go back to being hetero in the "free" world. Ask Turd, he knows a lot about these kinds of things. :)

Eielson
5/5/2015, 01:11 PM
Except that we all know kids who grew up in a family setting where the experiences didn't differ among the children, yet one girl was always a tomboy and the third baseman took a step back and to the right when she stepped to the plate or there was always a boy that hung out with the girl cousins as a cheerleader while the boys played football. I've seen these traits show up very "pre-puberty".

I don't see how that example validates your argument. You're arguing that because they grow up in the same household, they must have the same environmental influences. In reality, it's easier to assume that they have similar genomes, so you're example actually seems to contradict your conclusion.

Serenity Now
5/5/2015, 01:24 PM
I don't see how that example validates your argument. You're arguing that because they grow up in the same household, they must have the same environmental influences. In reality, it's easier to assume that they have similar genomes, so you're example actually seems to contradict your conclusion.

How many families do you know that have one red headed kid and the rest are not? Living in Eastern Oklahoma I see a lot of families that have 2-3 kids that are obviously part Indian and then a red head. I'm not a geneticist but I believe there to be a recessive gene. That's the nature angle. I think the shared environment completely mitigates the nurture angle.

olevetonahill
5/5/2015, 01:28 PM
Those of you who dont Like Doctor Ben are just racists

Eielson
5/5/2015, 02:07 PM
I think the shared environment completely mitigates the nurture angle.

Having the same parents is going to do more to mitigate the genomic side of the equation than living in the same household will with the environmental side. I know that the genomes will vary for each child, but the environmental side goes far beyond just who your parents are. During the school year, especially if both parents have jobs, it's not uncommon for the kids to spend more time away from home than at home (excluding sleeping hours). Additionally, parenting styles often change from the first child to the last child, so even that isn't static. Furthermore, simply having an older brother vs. having a younger brother can change the way you grow up considerably all by itself.

Serenity Now
5/5/2015, 02:11 PM
Having the same parents is going to do more to mitigate the genomic side of the equation than living in the same household will with the environmental side. I know that the genomes will vary for each child, but the environmental side goes far beyond just who your parents are. During the school year, especially if both parents have jobs, it's not uncommon for the kids to spend more time away from home than at home (excluding sleeping hours). Additionally, parenting styles often change from the first child to the last child, so even that isn't static. Furthermore, simply having an older brother vs. having a younger brother can change the way you grow up considerably all by itself.
Have you not seen it before even school age?

We also had a great looking brahma bull growing up that didn't like cows. :)

Turd_Ferguson
5/5/2015, 02:12 PM
How many families do you know that have one red headed kid and the rest are not? Living in Eastern Oklahoma I see a lot of families that have 2-3 kids that are obviously part Indian and then a red head. I'm not a geneticist but I believe there to be a recessive gene. That's the nature angle. I think the shared environment completely mitigates the nurture angle.

So, you've seen a lot of family's that have a few kids and only one of them is red headed...and this is your way of deducing that the ghey's is caused from an inherited gene?

5/5/2015, 02:17 PM
So, you've seen a lot of family's that have a few kids and only one of them is red headed...and this is your way of deducing that the ghey's is caused from an inherited gene?Don't you dare accuse a lib of Jumping the Shark!

FaninAma
5/5/2015, 02:27 PM
Provide a link otherwise it is like using information in a research paper without referencing the source. It hurts your credibility.

Eielson
5/5/2015, 02:28 PM
Have you not seen it before even school age?

I've never tried to deduce a 3 or 4 year old's sexual preference.

FaninAma
5/5/2015, 02:35 PM
He doesn't know what fookin countries are in NATO but at least he thinks we should throw money at em.

So if Hillary is the jackass party's nomination are you voting for her?

Serenity Now
5/5/2015, 02:43 PM
I've never tried to deduce a 3 or 4 year old's sexual preference.

Dude, it's all the rage.

There are masculine girls and effiminate boys from the git go. To try to deny that is silly.

The example I think of is a family of 4 boys. The next to oldest boy was gay from the moment he started playing with his cousin's dolls.

Soonerjeepman
5/5/2015, 03:26 PM
I don't think it's a "choice" for 95% of the folks...like choosing which ice cream you want.

The mind is very powerful...there are hundreds of examples of "mind over matter"...they say we only use 10% of the brains power. People can convince themselves of anything if they really want.

As far as "science"...I just believe if we can tell how old a bone is, different genetic mutations, etc...then if it truly is biological it would be proven. Instead we just take the homosexuals community's stance that "I was born this way". That's what is so funny, the lib's obsession with "scientific proof" of everything, except this.

I have family members gay, I'm not a "homophobic" another fun word used. Yes, I've seen "kids" that had different approach then their same sex members...doesn't mean born that way. I suppose I have more "feminine" qualities in I like a clean house, yard, don't mind cooking...like to dress "decent"... I also work on houses, my cars, hunt, wheel, like women....lol....so I think gender identity is a big ball of mess.

Eielson
5/5/2015, 06:17 PM
Dude, it's all the rage.

There are masculine girls and effiminate boys from the git go. To try to deny that is silly.

The example I think of is a family of 4 boys. The next to oldest boy was gay from the moment he started playing with his cousin's dolls.

I don't think you can know a boy will be gay based off of playing with a barbie doll when he's 3. I guess that's just my opinion, though.

olevetonahill
5/5/2015, 06:24 PM
I don't think you can know a boy will be gay based off of playing with a barbie doll when he's 3. I guess that's just my opinion, though.

I always played dolls with the Little girl next door. And Im pretty dayum sure I aint got the Gheys.
Course i saw that as a way to get in her bedroom when her folks wernt payin Tention http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

SoonerProphet
5/5/2015, 06:33 PM
So if Hillary is the jackass party's nomination are you voting for her?

No, she is just as wedded to the idea of searching for monsters to destroy as most of the GOP candidates seem to be.

Eielson
5/5/2015, 06:37 PM
As far as "science"...I just believe if we can tell how old a bone is, different genetic mutations, etc...then if it truly is biological it would be proven. Instead we just take the homosexuals community's stance that "I was born this way". That's what is so funny, the lib's obsession with "scientific proof" of everything, except this

Scientists have yet to find a genetic link to homosexuality, but that doesn't mean it's not there. The genomic field has recently exploded, and we're still figuring out a lot of things. Some genes are very simple, and you either have it or you don't. Other traits are much more complicated, and homosexuality may very well be one of them.

This debate always makes me chuckle a little. Whenever it happens, one side screams that it's purely genetic, while the other screams that it's a choice/learned, and neither will budge. In reality, the most likely outcome is somewhere in the middle, and that genetics and environment both play a role.

I'm not sure why genetics vs. choice is a big discussion any way. Either you think there is something wrong with it, or you don't. Alcoholism and drug addictions are genetically-linked, but I still don't condone them.

rock on sooner
5/5/2015, 08:16 PM

Second time I've tried this.....Biology class, 1961, (tell me if it is different). genetics section,
example...brown eyed, brown haired mom and dad, result 3 brown eyed/hair and one blonde
hair/blue eyed offspring..theory is recessive gene. Real life...I'm brown hair, hazel eyes, wife
is dark brown hair, dark eyes...off spring..son is brown hair and brown eyes, daughter is BLONDE
HAIR and blue eyes (initially)...my belief is, yup, recessive gene is there, believeable and inarguable.
I am no scientist but seems to support the recessive gene issue...and no wise cracks about the letter
carrier getting in before me...yeah, you, you know who you are!!!!

olevetonahill
5/5/2015, 08:47 PM
Second time I've tried this.....Biology class, 1961, (tell me if it is different). genetics section,
example...brown eyed, brown haired mom and dad, result 3 brown eyed/hair and one blonde
hair/blue eyed offspring..theory is recessive gene. Real life...I'm brown hair, hazel eyes, wife
is dark brown hair, dark eyes...off spring..son is brown hair and brown eyes, daughter is BLONDE
HAIR and blue eyes (initially)...my belief is, yup, recessive gene is there, believeable and inarguable.
I am no scientist but seems to support the recessive gene issue...and no wise cracks about the letter
carrier getting in before me...yeah, you, you know who you are!!!!

i wernt gonna say a word, Promise i wernt

Soonerjeepman
5/5/2015, 10:57 PM
I'm not sure why genetics vs. choice is a big discussion any way. Either you think there is something wrong with it, or you don't. Alcoholism and drug addictions are genetically-linked, but I still don't condone them.

Because the gays want "rights" due to their homosexuality being "natural"..."born this way" etc. Those that believe it's wrong or not natural don't think they should be a "protected class"....the whole bakery issue.

5/6/2015, 01:39 AM
Mike(RINO I reckon) Huckabee announced today he's running for president, too. Big Wup. He was a pro amnesty guy in the past. I don't know, nor really care, if he still is. If he somehow gets the nomination, it would be a surprise.

yermom
5/6/2015, 03:17 AM
Because the gays want "rights" due to their homosexuality being "natural"..."born this way" etc. Those that believe it's wrong or not natural don't think they should be a "protected class"....the whole bakery issue.

even if it is a choice, tell me why that matters without using the words "god" or "bible"

and just because you can't find a gene doesn't mean it's not natural. is there a gene for being left handed? is that a choice?

BigTip
5/6/2015, 06:35 AM
I had never heard him talk before seeing the interview where he declared he was now a candidate. I had read things and like his message.
But he was very creepy to watch and listen to. That it is too bad because in this day and age that makes him not electable.

olevetonahill
5/6/2015, 06:41 AM
Every one that don't like him MUST be a racist!

Serenity Now
5/6/2015, 08:22 AM
Mike(RINO I reckon) Huckabee announced today he's running for president, too. Big Wup. He was a pro amnesty guy in the past. I don't know, nor really care, if he still is. If he somehow gets the nomination, it would be a surprise.

Can you elaborate on what makes Huckabee a RINO? I'm curious. He may be a Theocrat.

Eielson
5/6/2015, 09:08 AM
But he was very creepy to watch and listen to.

I wouldn't go as far as to say creepy, but he does sound unimpressive. And you're right, it's a shame. Too many people worry about how things are being said rather than the content.

5/6/2015, 10:19 AM
Can you elaborate on what makes Huckabee a RINO? I'm curious. He may be a Theocrat.

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
"Mike(RINO I reckon) Huckabee announced today he's running for president, too. Big Wup. He was a pro amnesty guy in the past. I don't know, nor really care, if he still is. If he somehow gets the nomination, it would be a surprise." Capiche, yet?

Theocracy is a form of government in which clergy have sovereignty over a territory and official policy is either governed by officials regarded as divinely guided, or is pursuant to the doctrine of a particular religion or religious group...IOW, why would even you call anyone running for office in the USA a Theocrat? Pretty effing absurd...but, not really surprised, coming from you.

FaninAma
5/6/2015, 10:33 AM
No, she is just as wedded to the idea of searching for monsters to destroy as most of the GOP candidates seem to be.

Kudos.

Would you vote for Rand?

SoonerProphet
5/6/2015, 10:42 AM
Kudos.

Would you vote for Rand?

Intend to, even though he has come off the rails the last few months or so. He is the only viable candidate discussing a realistic and pragmatic approach to FP, the rest are nutters and general dipsh1ts.

Serenity Now
5/6/2015, 11:35 AM
Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
"Mike(RINO I reckon) Huckabee announced today he's running for president, too. Big Wup. He was a pro amnesty guy in the past. I don't know, nor really care, if he still is. If he somehow gets the nomination, it would be a surprise." Capiche, yet?

Theocracy is a form of government in which clergy have sovereignty over a territory and official policy is either governed by officials regarded as divinely guided, or is pursuant to the doctrine of a particular religion or religious group...IOW, why would even you call anyone running for office in the USA a Theocrat? Pretty effing absurd...but, not really surprised, coming from you.

How's he a RINO?

We have a theocrat majority in Oklahoma. Deny it if you will but it's accurate.

Serenity Now
5/6/2015, 11:42 AM
How's he a RINO?

We have a theocrat majority in Oklahoma. Deny it if you will but it's accurate.

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/02/25/57-republicans-dismantle-constitution-christianity-national-religion.html

BoulderSooner79
5/6/2015, 12:28 PM
http://www.politicususa.com/2015/02/25/57-republicans-dismantle-constitution-christianity-national-religion.html

Just wow, if that poll is accurate. 57% of republicans would support a national religion? I consider our separation of church and state to be one of our highest value clauses in the constitution - right up there with free speech. Maybe people are over-reacting to radical Islam. That would be ironic because if there is any example of why separation of church and state is important, it's countries run by Islamic clerics.

EDIT: BTW, I have serious doubts that poll is accurate - seems too far out there.

olevetonahill
5/6/2015, 12:49 PM
Just wow, if that poll is accurate. 57% of republicans would support a national religion? I consider our separation of church and state to be one of our highest value clauses in the constitution - right up there with free speech. Maybe people are over-reacting to radical Islam. That would be ironic because if there is any example of why separation of church and state is important, it's countries run by Islamic clerics.

EDIT: BTW, I have serious doubts that poll is accurate - seems too far out there.

Opened the link to see its "REAL Liberal Politics" said enough for me to close it right back down

Just another Lib way os saying the most outrageous things and hoping some one believes it.

Serenity Now
5/6/2015, 01:26 PM
Opened the link to see its "REAL Liberal Politics" said enough for me to close it right back down

Just another Lib way os saying the most outrageous things and hoping some one believes it.

Any poll you disagree with is biased.

Serenity Now
5/27/2015, 11:45 PM
Some excellent copy and paste work from MSNBC. Wasn't there another poster that used to be on this board that did the same thing?

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/ben-carsons-top-five-eyebrow-raising-comments
Here's my comparison to 8th. Welcome to the club 77!

TheHumanAlphabet
5/28/2015, 08:45 AM

More truth has never been spoken... He is spot on...

Eielson
5/28/2015, 11:40 AM
What's the worst thing that has happened to America since slavery?

TheHumanAlphabet
5/28/2015, 12:39 PM
Obamacare...

Serenity Now
5/28/2015, 01:13 PM
What's the worst thing that has happened to America since slavery?
In no order:

ww1
ww2
Vietnam
Dust bowl
Black Friday (Both of them)
Karl rove
9/11
Iraq
Cop Rock
Jerry jones
Texas
Wal mart
McCarthy
VHS over beta
Gordon reese

Eielson
5/28/2015, 01:43 PM
Is there anything on that list that isn't a joke? I'm counting 1 or 2.

Serenity Now
5/28/2015, 02:22 PM
Is there anything on that list that isn't a joke? I'm counting 1 or 2.

ww1
ww2
Vietnam
Dust bowl
Karl rove
9/11
Iraq
Wal mart
McCarthy

Is that better? Cop Rock left symbolically.

Serenity Now
5/28/2015, 02:24 PM
Things that are not as bad as Obamacare but that were bad for our country

FaninAma
5/28/2015, 02:25 PM

I have only one response to any democrat's criticism of any GOP candidate.....Hillary Clinton. HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!

5/28/2015, 02:30 PM
I have only one response to any democrat's criticism of any GOP candidate.....ANY democrat candidate. HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!FI

FaninAma
5/28/2015, 02:33 PM
FI
Actually the fact that the democrats' prohibitive favorite as their candidate for POTUS is an old, consumate establishment politician that has made her personal fortune currying favor with the top 0.1% in this country(and around the world) is hysterically ironic.

Eielson
5/28/2015, 02:45 PM
ww1
ww2
Vietnam
Dust bowl
Karl rove
9/11
Iraq
Wal mart
McCarthy

Is that better? Cop Rock left symbolically.

No. Not really. Seeing how the World Wars turned out, it's hard to say that was detrimental to the country. The opposite is an easier argument. A few of those are legit, but others, like Walmart, are just silly.

Serenity Now
5/28/2015, 03:04 PM
No. Not really. Seeing how the World Wars turned out, it's hard to say that was detrimental to the country. The opposite is an easier argument. A few of those are legit, but others, like Walmart, are just silly.

A lot of innocent Americans perished in the various wars. Walmart has decimated small town America. To say that the Affordable Care Act is worse than them is hacky. You're better than that. Some here aren't. :)

Eielson
5/28/2015, 03:21 PM
A lot of innocent Americans perished in the various wars. Walmart has decimated small town America. To say that the Affordable Care Act is worse than them is hacky. You're better than that. Some here aren't. :)

A lot of innocent people die in every war.

I'm not saying ACA will be the worst thing since slavery. It's an extreme statement, but if you're saying that Walmart is the worst non-war thing to happen to America since slavery, then you're being even sillier, and have no room to criticize him.

I'm not really sure what the worst thing to happen to America is since slavery, which is why I threw the question out there. Right now I'm sitting on antibiotic resistance, but that's not my final answer.

Eielson
5/28/2015, 03:26 PM
Actually...probably the legalization of abortion. I know it's dropped crime in America, but we're killing millions of babies.

Serenity Now
5/28/2015, 04:48 PM
A lot of innocent people die in every war.

I'm not saying ACA will be the worst thing since slavery. It's an extreme statement, but if you're saying that Walmart is the worst non-war thing to happen to America since slavery, then you're being even sillier, and have no room to criticize him.

I'm not really sure what the worst thing to happen to America is since slavery, which is why I threw the question out there. Right now I'm sitting on antibiotic resistance, but that's not my final answer.

Then pull out Walmart. It's no less debatable than antibiotic resistance. A lot of small business owners across America lost their "lives" because of it.

REDREX
5/28/2015, 05:14 PM
Adapt or die----Those business did not adapt-----------Do you feel sorry for the companies that once made typewriters? or the best maker of slide rules?

Eielson
5/28/2015, 05:33 PM
Then pull out Walmart. It's no less debatable than antibiotic resistance. A lot of small business owners across America lost their "lives" because of it.

Walmart kills people? I'm not sure where you're going with this.

5/28/2015, 05:57 PM
Actually the fact that the democrats' prohibitive favorite as their candidate for POTUS is an old, consumate establishment politician that has made her personal fortune currying favor with the top 0.1% in this country(and around the world) is hysterically ironic.I don't get the appeal of ANY authoritarian socialist crooks.

Serenity Now
5/28/2015, 07:02 PM
Walmart kills people? I'm not sure where you're going with this.
Kills people? Who said that? Things worse than obamacare. How does obamacare kill people (mythical death panels notwithsTanding)?

5/28/2015, 07:14 PM
Kills people? Who said that? Things worse than obamacare. How does obamacare kill people (mythical death panels notwithsTanding)?
Holy sh*t, enough already you raving fool lib.

Eielson
5/28/2015, 07:23 PM

You said people lost their lives due to Walmart.

Also, it's pretty simple to see how messing up the medical system could lead to people dying. You may not view Obamacare as bad, but Carson clearly does.

Serenity Now
5/28/2015, 09:26 PM
You said people lost their lives due to Walmart.

Also, it's pretty simple to see how messing up the medical system could lead to people dying. You may not view Obamacare as bad, but Carson clearly does.
"Lives" meant their "way of life". Thought that was pretty clear. That's why it was in "quotations". Livelihood would have been better stated. I'm from a one stoplight town in eastern oklahoma and I saw it.

Slavery worse than all those other things. All those other things worse than obamacare. How hard is that?

Serenity Now
5/28/2015, 09:35 PM
Somewhere between 26,000 and 45,000 people died each year due to not having access to health insurance. Extending them insurance is much worse than slavery? Right.

5/28/2015, 10:00 PM
fergodssakes!

Eielson
5/28/2015, 10:16 PM
"Lives" meant their "way of life". Thought that was pretty clear. That's why it was in "quotations". Livelihood would have been better stated. I'm from a one stoplight town in eastern oklahoma and I saw it.

Do you hate computers, calculators, and cell phones? Things are always changing, but that doesn't make it bad.

Eielson
5/28/2015, 10:18 PM
Somewhere between 26,000 and 45,000 people died each year due to not having access to health insurance. Extending them insurance is much worse than slavery? Right.

Yes. Exactly. We're all about killing people. I'm glad you figured us out.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/29/2015, 08:07 AM

'Cept they are using it...

Serenity Now
5/29/2015, 09:05 AM
Yes. Exactly. We're all about killing people. I'm glad you figured us out.

Then stop.

Serenity Now
5/29/2015, 09:05 AM
'Cept they are using it...

Poor communicator again. "died" implied before ACA. While implied, it was unclear on my part.