PDA

View Full Version : Any news about UFA's?

rock on sooner
5/3/2015, 01:39 PM
Haven't seen much in the papers so I wonder if there's anyone getting
Picked up?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/3/2015, 02:59 PM
unidentified flying armpits?

Salt City Sooner
5/3/2015, 06:33 PM
Wilson went to Baltimore, Chuka went to Denver.

Eielson
5/3/2015, 08:44 PM
Any news on Shead?

Soonerfan88
5/3/2015, 10:06 PM
I know he signed with someone. My NFL Mobile App had the listing of UDFAs for every team but can't find it on regular NFL.com. I remember seeing a guy from UCO was signed.

Edit: It was Dionte Savage that I saw who signed with the Dolphins. I don't see Shead listed anywhere http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap3000000490294/article/2015-undrafted-freeagent-deals-for-all-32-nfl-teams

badger
5/4/2015, 08:27 AM
Adam Shead's instagram and twitter both say chicago:
https://instagram.com/p/2ObbQlMhnY/

BoulderSooner79
5/4/2015, 03:12 PM
The FA chances to make a team are never good and this year's OU crop looks weaker than most years, IMO. I'd give Chuka the best chance.

badger
5/5/2015, 08:54 AM
We also had some marginal guys last year (like Pastagate hero Gabe Ikard with the Titans) that will be giving the NFL another chance this year, so plenty of reason to tune into the offseason. You might have to hear about Tim Tebow more, but you won't hear about Michael Sam

badger
5/11/2015, 02:07 PM
Didn't see it posted yet --- UFA corner Julian Wilson broke his leg during weekend Ravens minicamp and will reportedly be out for the year:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ousportsextra/ou-undrafted-corner-julian-wilson-breaks-leg-in-ravens-minicamp/article_44c6f1be-be47-5bad-90b0-34e980484d00.html

The good part is that he was under contract and even had a signing bonus, so I think he'll get his year off to recover paid for. Get well, Julian!

cvsooner
5/11/2015, 02:51 PM
We also had some marginal guys last year (like Pastagate hero Gabe Ikard with the Titans) that will be giving the NFL another chance this year, so plenty of reason to tune into the offseason. You might have to hear about Tim Tebow more, but you won't hear about Michael Sam

I'd rather hear about Michael Sam if those are my choices.

Tear Down This Wall
5/12/2015, 01:36 PM

Is there an option where I don't have to hear about either one of them?

Breadburner
5/12/2015, 04:03 PM
I'd rather hear about Michael Sam if those are my choices.

They are both Ghey......

KantoSooner
5/12/2015, 04:43 PM

You could go to the Philippines. No one there has the vaguest idea who either one is.

badger
5/13/2015, 08:46 AM
I'm afraid you might be waiting till September, as the final preseason games are on Sept. 3 this year and regular season kicks off Sept. 10. Thus, the final preseason roster cuts likely won't be made until then.

In other UFA (sorta) news...

Sadly, Garrett Hartley, a 7-year-NFL veteran who started his career as a UFA, was cut Monday by the Browns. Because the organization is dumb, it thinks it can replace a sure thing with one of the first-year kickers they signed.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ousportsextra/garrett-hartley-waived-by-cleveland-browns/article_bb514984-f086-5bf1-9307-18d71a190b8a.html

Hartley was reportedly 10 for 10 in his Browns tryout (fresh off a December hunting trip when his agent called and was like heeeeeyyy a team wants you to tryout!) and then went 3 for 3 in the two Browns games he appeared in last year.

Stupid Browns. I hope they send Johnny Football out to kick field goals :mad:

swardboy
5/13/2015, 08:52 AM
I don't think it would be a great surprise if Sanchez starts the season at Phillie. It sounds like Sam has already made huge impression with his arm as Zach Ertz said it's better than Foles, Vick, and even Luck's. But Kelly will listen to his therapists on the legs.

badger
5/13/2015, 09:17 AM
They did just re-up Sanchez on a two-year $16 million contract (wtf Chip?!) BUT... Sanchez had a 4-4 record as a starter last year with the Eagles --- 2,418 yards, 14 TDs, 11 INTs, and an 88.4 passer rating. Not mediocre, but not great.

My crimson tainted eyes can only see a former USC Pete Carroll disciple as Mr Butt Fumble, but I agree that Sanchez will have a chance if Sam's healing process needs to be extended, or if he struggles in preseason, early season or even mid to late season.

Tear Down This Wall
5/13/2015, 02:45 PM
You could go to the Philippines. No one there has the vaguest idea who either one is.

Somewhere where I don't have to hear about Manny Pacquiao either, please...I mean, while we're on the subject of spares. I suppose, at the very least, Pacquiao used to have a legitimate career. But....

Also, doesn't Tebow own/run some sort of school/charity/orphanage in the Philippines.

May have to be in the nether polar regions to escape any combination of Tebow, Sam, and Pacquiao. Maybe Alaska. Probably no Super Christian or Gay Iditaroders. Although, Alaska means Palin clan overkill....

You just can't win.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/13/2015, 03:12 PM
AK...Palin clan overkill....

???let's hear about this one...well, you might hear about Ted Stevens some in AK. Maybe salmon and mosquitoes, too

Tear Down This Wall
5/14/2015, 10:22 AM
My interest in Stevens, Palin, Tebow, Sam, and Pacquiao can't get an closer to zero than it already is...another reason to dislike Chip Kelly, I suppose.

KantoSooner
5/14/2015, 10:38 AM
[QUOTE=Tear Down This Wall;4967037]
Also, doesn't Tebow own/run some sort of school/charity/orphanage in the Philippines.

/QUOTE]

During the great Tebow hype of the mid 'oughts, there was a meme about how beloved Tebow was in the PI. (His dad was a missionary there) During that time, I was travelling there monthly on business. No one I spoke to had ever heard of him.

Eielson
5/14/2015, 11:18 AM
Somewhere where I don't have to hear about Manny Pacquiao either, please...I mean, while we're on the subject of spares. I suppose, at the very least, Pacquiao used to have a legitimate career. But....

May have to be in the nether polar regions to escape any combination of Tebow, Sam, and Pacquiao. Maybe Alaska. Probably no Super Christian or Gay Iditaroders. Although, Alaska means Palin clan overkill....

You just can't win.

It sounds like you need to go somewhere where there aren't any people.

Tear Down This Wall
5/15/2015, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=Tear Down This Wall;4967037]

/QUOTE]

During the great Tebow hype of the mid 'oughts, there was a meme about how beloved Tebow was in the PI. (His dad was a missionary there) During that time, I was travelling there monthly on business. No one I spoke to had ever heard of him.

What ESPN overhyping a player, on and off the field??? Unheard of!