RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/26/2015, 04:58 PM
Who's eligible/declared? Predictions!

4/26/2015, 05:21 PM
Mah goodness!

swardboy
4/29/2015, 08:30 AM
Frank Shannon's suspension ends next month. Is he automatically back on the team, or has he declared for the draft?

4/29/2015, 11:56 AM
Shirley he's not the ONLY guy from our team who could be going pro this year???!!?

badger
4/29/2015, 12:46 PM
This year: Jordan Phillips and DGB are highest rated prospects and I think were our only early declarations. Other OU draft prospects for this year include Daryl Williams, Tyrus Thomas, Blake Bell, Geneo Grissom. Undrafted to very late draft prospects include Aaron Ripkowski, Chuka Ndulue, Adam Shead and Julian Wilson.

Next year's draft: Eric Striker will probably be our top prospect. If Trevor Knight turns back into Sugar Bowl Trevor, he'll be up there too. If Baker Mayfield's as good as rumored, he'll be eligible. Sterling Shepard, if he makes a full injury recovery, will be a good slot option a la Kenny Stills with Saints (now with Dolphins I think). Frank Shannon will also be a top prospect if he's as good as he was a few seasons ago. If Keith Ford doesn't get back up the depth chart, I could see him turning pro or transferring.

Jerks to questioned why I was confused about which draft he was asking about: Lighten up, Beavis.

4/29/2015, 01:08 PM
Draft starts tomorrow(April 30).

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-drafts

Eielson
4/29/2015, 02:46 PM
Jordan Phillips is the big one. Probably a late first/early 2nd. I'm hoping for late first (go to a good organization).

Tyrus Thompson seems a lock to get drafted...perhaps 3-4 round area. Daryl Williams will probably a round or 2 behind, as will Geno. Surprisingly to me, it looks like Bell will get his shot late. Maybe somebody will grab Julian Wilson in the 7th. Same for Rip and Shead.

Eielson
4/29/2015, 03:10 PM
Some people flip Thompson and Williams. Either way, they seem to be two of the only safe bets after Phillips to get drafted.

soonergirlNeugene
4/29/2015, 03:33 PM
Blake Bell to Philadelphia. :very_drunk:

4/29/2015, 05:40 PM
Thought I had entered the Twilight Zone!(and, didn't want to research the football draft situation)

badger
4/30/2015, 08:51 AM
The best chances for OU to have a first rounder are Jordan Phillips or DGB. However, draftniks are saying Jordan is looking more like another rounder (3rd on some boards) and DGB has a lot of red flags that may cause him to fall from his time at Mizzou.

If you want to vBet on it, I have posted a vBookie event. Simple question of if an OU player is taken tonight, or not.

I really, really think that the Packers will pounce on Aaron Ripkowski as a replacement for our longtime and aging fullback, John Kuhn. And the thought of Ripkowski being a Packer just makes me downright giddy... the thought of Blake Bell also being a Packer with Ripkowski? OMGOMGOMG

BetterSoonerThanLater
4/30/2015, 07:06 PM
Ive seen some reports of the bell dozer being the number 4 TE in the draft. I'd love to see Blake in the eneffell

Blue
4/30/2015, 09:41 PM
You talkin about next year's draft I assume? Eric Striker will probably be our top prospect. If Trevor Knight turns back into Sugar Bowl Trevor, he'll be up there too. If Baker Mayfield's as good as rumored, he'll be eligible. Sterling Shepard, if he makes a full injury recovery, will be a good slot option a la Kenny Stills with Saints (now with Dolphins I think). Frank Shannon will also be a top prospect if he's as good as he was a few seasons ago.

If Keith Ford doesn't get back up the depth chart, I could see him turning pro or transferring. Samaje and Alex Ross are only sophomores so they have to stay in college. Hooray sophomores DONT YOU DARE SLUMP lol

Is it 2016? No? So why would OP be talking about next year? What happened to this board?

Eielson
4/30/2015, 10:36 PM
First round just ended. Six WR's taken. None of which had the initials DGB.

So much for coming back until he heard he was a 1st round pick...

5/1/2015, 12:33 AM
Is it 2016? No? So why would OP be talking about next year? What happened to this board?The badg been playing with that Time Machine again.

5/1/2015, 01:34 AM
Sort of amusing that DGB spurned playing for the Sooners next year, and then didn't go in the first round like he thought he would.

Salt City Sooner
5/1/2015, 02:25 PM
Ive seen some reports of the bell dozer being the number 4 TE in the draft. I'd love to see Blake in the eneffell
BB is Mayock's # 3 TE, fwiw.

badger
5/1/2015, 04:02 PM
I thought we'd already discusses this year so that, coupled with someone mentioning frank shannon, was why i thought rush was asking about next year.

Sort of amusing that DGB spurned playing for the Sooners next year, and then didn't go in the first round like he thought he would.

Family changes things and DGB is about to be a dad. It has been reported that was a major factor in his decision to go, not necessarily to be first rounder, but to provide for his future family (child due in July)
http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/DGB/

What happened to this board?
It's been more quiet but I'd factor in offseason now and a bad season (by OU standards) last year.

BoulderSooner79
5/1/2015, 08:34 PM
DGB to the Titans along with Mariotta could be potent combo in a couple of years.

Phillips to the Miami next to Suh presents a large human blockade.

Eielson
5/1/2015, 09:25 PM
Rams say forget the passing game. We're just going to hand the ball off to Gurley and Mason every play behind these 350 pound linemen.

Salt City Sooner
5/1/2015, 11:02 PM
Geneo to New England @ the end of the 3rd.

Eielson
5/1/2015, 11:17 PM
Geneo to New England @ the end of the 3rd.

Absolutely LOVE this for Geneo. He's very talented, and we underutilized him here. I'm glad he's going to a top-notch organization (even though they're Satan's team), and I expect great things from him.

EatLeadCommie
5/2/2015, 01:28 AM
Geneo was recruited to OU as a TE, was he not?

Eielson
5/2/2015, 08:35 AM
Geneo was recruited to OU as a TE, was he not?

I think he was recruited to play defense, and was moved to TE temporarily out of team need.

BetterSoonerThanLater
5/2/2015, 11:58 AM
Blake picked up by the niners

BoulderSooner79
5/2/2015, 11:59 AM
Blake Bell to the 49ers in the 4th! There is no way he goes this high had he stayed at QB, so even though OUr offense didn't take advantage of his potential, it still paid off for him.

Eielson
5/2/2015, 01:18 PM
Daryl Williams went to the Panthers early in the 4th.

A little disappointed that Thompson is still on the board midway through the 5th.

BoulderSooner79
5/2/2015, 01:23 PM
Interesting stat just rolled across ESPN (not in a great way). Jordan Phillips is the first defensive OU player to be picked in the 1st or 2nd round since McCoy in '10.

Soonerfan88
5/2/2015, 02:33 PM
Anyone know why is TT still on the board? Yes, he's been known to take some plays off but so did Trent Williams so what is the big negative on him?

Eielson
5/2/2015, 03:20 PM
Thompson finally goes to the Vikings in the 6th round.

Since71ASooner4Life
5/2/2015, 03:33 PM
DGB to the Titans along with Mariotta could be potent combo in a couple of years.

Or passing on the insane trade offer from Philly and drafting a problem child mick go down as one of the worst drafts ever

Eielson
5/2/2015, 03:52 PM
Rip just got drafted! Went to the Packers in the 6th round.

They'll probably need him to keep Rodgers alive when the Rams come to town in October.

Eielson
5/2/2015, 03:55 PM
Or passing on the insane trade offer from Philly and drafting a problem child mick go down as one of the worst drafts ever

I don't know that I believe the reported offer.

swardboy
5/2/2015, 04:01 PM
On a side note, the Steelers didn't pick any "arms" so I guess Landry is a satisfactory component in their plans. Amirite??

swardboy
5/2/2015, 04:05 PM
Rams say forget the passing game. We're just going to hand the ball off to Gurley and Mason every play behind these 350 pound linemen.

I am so glad Sam is out of there. Speaking of which, there was no miracle trade down action by Phillie to get Mariotta...so Sam is The Man! And looks like they got him a nice receiver to work with.

birddog
5/2/2015, 06:34 PM
The best chances for OU to have a first rounder are Jordan Phillips or DGB. However, draftniks are saying Jordan is looking more like another rounder (3rd on some boards) and DGB has a lot of red flags that may cause him to fall from his time at Mizzou.

If you want to vBet on it, I have posted a vBookie event. Simple question of if an OU player is taken tonight, or not.

I really, really think that the Packers will pounce on Aaron Ripkowski as a replacement for our longtime and aging fullback, John Kuhn. And the thought of Ripkowski being a Packer just makes me downright giddy... the thought of Blake Bell also being a Packer with Ripkowski? OMGOMGOMG

Congrats on your team nabbing RIP.

5/2/2015, 06:39 PM
Congrats on your team nabbing RIP.Sooners playing for da debbil doesn't thrill, but I hope Aaron does well there.

birddog
5/2/2015, 06:54 PM
My lions can't have much success with a bevy of Sooners so why not see another team make good use of em?

badger
5/4/2015, 08:32 AM
Congrats on your team nabbing RIP.
As much as this excites me, it will crush some Packer fans (many, if not all) if Rip causes John Kuhn to get cut. Kuhn's getting old and only signed a one-year, non-guaranteed deal, so he would be an easy roster decision if not for being a fan favorite.

badger
5/4/2015, 08:43 AM
Draft/UFA recap:

Jordan Phillips: 2nd round, Dolphins
DGB: 2nd round, Titans
Geneo Grissom: 3rd round, Patriots
Daryl Williams: 4th round, Panthers
Blake Bell: 4th round, 49ers
Tyrus Thomas: 6th round, Vikings
Aaron Ripkowski: 6th round, Packers
Adam Shead: UFA, Bears
Chuka Ndulue: UFA, Broncos
Julian Wilson: UFA, Ravens

Dallas Morning News had a good breakdown of each OU draftee here:
http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2015/05/oklahoma-draft-roundup-49ers-gm-compares-blake-bell-to-pro-bowl-te-why-bill-belichick-likes-geneo-grissom.html/
Those last three were projected to not get drafted. Ripkowski is a wonderful surprise pick as FB kind of got the heave ho from NFL schemes around the time RB roles seemed to diminish, but now both are coming back into style. I heard about Shead on his twitter/instagram; the other two were reported by local media of both teams.

dwarthog
5/4/2015, 08:55 AM
Congrats to these young men for achieving their goal of reaching the NFL! Hopefully they'll all be successful and have long careers!

swardboy
5/4/2015, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the recap badger!

Good luck to our boys!

5/4/2015, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the recap badger!

Good luck to our boys!ditto

Soonerjeepman
5/4/2015, 03:21 PM
So, what's the odds of who will make it?

just thoughts by those more into the NFL than I.

badger
5/5/2015, 08:45 AM
So, what's the odds of who will make it?

just thoughts by those more into the NFL than I.

The lockout year was the worst for draft picks, but in general, your first and second day picks (1st-3rd rounds) are pretty much shoo-ins unless they're jerkwads in camp.

In general, the final day draftees (4th-7th rounds) to undrafted ones are the longshots that have to work their arses off in camp, the waning quarters of meaningless preseason games, and especially special teams.

I feel very good about all of our guys and the places they landed, even the 6th rounders. The three undrafted guys have a lot of work to make the roster and may be better bets at practice squads

EDIT: So I don't have to keep looking back at page 2, here's our list again:

Jordan Phillips: 2nd round, Dolphins
DGB: 2nd round, Titans
Geneo Grissom: 3rd round, Patriots
Daryl Williams: 4th round, Panthers
Blake Bell: 4th round, 49ers
Tyrus Thomas: 6th round, Vikings
Aaron Ripkowski: 6th round, Packers
Adam Shead: UFA, Bears
Chuka Ndulue: UFA, Broncos
Julian Wilson: UFA, Ravens

PS: Here's a list of all OU players on NFL rosters currently, but they might have also snuck some Pokes and Tulsa guys in too:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/tusportsextra/a-list-of-ou-osu-tu-players-on-nfl-rosters/article_e6d84d4c-eb46-5506-83d7-3ef2b169e8f2.html

badger
5/11/2015, 02:01 PM
More photos means more fun. Here's a few that popped up in last weekend's minicamps:

Aaron Ripkowski now wears #22 and short hair:
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMr5nvopQ93JFBcsVENK8oCo9cEQS9F g76VNqC-lrrGPfhdC6X

Tyrus Thompson at right wearing #72:
http://prod.images.vikings.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/VIKINGS/assets/images/imported/MIN/photos/clubimages/2015/05-May/tempap-draft-picks-050815-1-b050815--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720
Daryl Williams reportedly got in some extra blocking drills after the rest of the rookies left... and is wearing #60:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/ujjw7r/picture20546403/ALTERNATES/FREE_960/0509PANTHERS_21.JPG
Finally, Jordan Phillips in #97 showing the blocking dummy who's boss:
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/jvhgae/picture20547567/ALTERNATES/FREE_960/dolphins03wmm

Post more and camp stories too as you see em please!

cvsooner
5/13/2015, 04:52 PM
Blake Bell just signed four-year $2.7 million contract with $500K signing bonus. Move to tight end was a good thing for him 'cause he never would've gotten that as a QB.

nighttrain12
5/13/2015, 05:29 PM
Blake Bell just signed four-year $2.7 million contract with $500K signing bonus. Move to tight end was a good thing for him 'cause he never would've gotten that as a QB.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/blake-bell/

If I read this correctly, only the signing bonus is guaranteed and none of the 4 years of base salary is guaranteed. I hope he is successful for at least those 4 seasons!

badger
5/22/2015, 10:07 AM
Blake Bell in this week's OTAs with the 49ers!
http://prod.images.49ers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/49ERS/assets/images/imported/SF/photos/clubimages/2015/05-May/temp_TL38657--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720
http://prod.images.49ers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/49ERS/assets/images/imported/SF/photos/clubimages/2015/05-May/temp_TL39135--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

Trey Millard too:
http://prod.images.49ers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/49ERS/assets/images/imported/SF/photos/clubimages/2015/05-May/temp_TL38933--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720
http://prod.images.49ers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/49ERS/assets/images/imported/SF/photos/clubimages/2015/05-May/temp_TL39421--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720