PDA

View Full Version : Say, Vet . . .

TAFBSooner
4/24/2015, 08:14 AM
. . . what would your old outfit have done if one of its members had said "I have to get home tonight?" (or "this year" allowing for the difference in AoR)

olevetonahill
4/24/2015, 08:25 AM
?

TAFBSooner
4/24/2015, 08:59 AM
?

The police use that line amongst themselves, to convince each other that their lives matter more than the population they are sworn to protect. That attitude has something to do with the trail of black bodies killed by the police across our nation.

I wonder how WWII would have turned out if our troops had that same mindset.

Soonerjeepman
4/24/2015, 09:26 AM
you realize that most of the deaths were a result (maybe not justified) but that the people we NOT doing what the police asked them to do?

I don't agree with the Carolina cop who shot the guy in the back...BUT several things...

#1 IF the guy had paid his child support (more important..maybe NOT had kids he didn't want)

#2 IF the guy had a reg vehicle

#3 IF the guy DIDN'T get out of his car, not once but twice

#4 IF the guy didn't reach for the tazer

#5 IF the guy didn't run

BUT no one wants to say any of this...yes the officer made a bad decision, but the guy made about 5 bad decisions.

olevetonahill
4/24/2015, 09:32 AM
you realize that whites have been killed almost 2/1 more than blacks by police?

Yea, Im not sure what hes wantin from me on this subject. Being in the Jungle aint got much in common with being on the streets

Soonerjeepman
4/24/2015, 09:35 AM
yup...totally different deal...

I edited my original statement...did a LITTLE research...but one point I saw was black officers who shot and kill, 78% are blacks...white cops who shot and kill only 66% ish are black

Eielson
4/24/2015, 10:23 AM
This thread has potential to be filled with stupid.

Soonerjeepman
4/24/2015, 03:33 PM
I just care for folks that are putting this ALL on the police. Yes, there have been some POOR decisions...but not very many folks are pointing out the poor decisions are just not on a few police...

Now the police departments all over are on "pro-active" "we care" mode...posting pics of cops doing good things...jeeze.