PDA

View Full Version : So 16 Broads Passed 1st Day of Ranger skool Whoopie ****infg doo

olevetonahill
4/21/2015, 10:44 PM
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/04/20/sixteen-women-pass-day-one-of-army-ranger-school.html?ESRC=army.nl

I want to see how many FINISH ! My bet is MAYBE ONE and thats gonna be a Mean snake eatin Bitch!

rock on sooner
4/22/2015, 05:50 AM
I dint read this article but I read somewhere that the Marines found 90
or so women to go through their combat training, none made it through.

yermom
4/22/2015, 07:12 AM
so when do they change the training to not be so sexist?

Breadburner
4/22/2015, 09:41 AM
Are they going to mud wrestle.....???

BetterSoonerThanLater
4/22/2015, 09:54 AM
so when do they change the training to not be so sexist?

what do you mean by this? That we should amend the training down to accomodate more women? Last time I checked, the enemy doesnt GAS about gender. if you cant function or take care of business at the highest possible level, then you don't belong in combat. All my years in the Corps, i've met some tough *** women, but even the baddest bitches ( and i say that with the utmost respect) would have had a difficult time in some of the place we were engaged. I have no problem letting those women who want to try their hand in Force Recon school, do so, but we should not amend the training to suit females. All Marines need to perform at a high level, regardless of their sex. Otherwise they become a liability to themselves and those around them. Set the standards High. Kepp them high, and do not waiver in the expectation.

badger
4/22/2015, 10:06 AM
I'm sure that I could not do it myself, but I've seen documentaries on Army Ranger school and compared with the craziness of Navy SEALs and Green Berets and the like, it seemed like something women could do.

If I recall correctly, you had to bear crawl for a long time. Then, you had to climb out to a Ranger sign above a pond, hit it with your hand, then fall into the water below. Then there's a bunch of night finding missions or something. Very physical and demanding, but not to the point of driving you insane

BetterSoonerThanLater
4/22/2015, 10:20 AM
Its a little more complicated than that Badj, but It definately isn't the same as say BUDS/UDT, or Force Recon. But i just don't believe that we should make the training easier, so that women can participate. Not a knock on women, but if they are going to do it, it needs to be the same trainig for all.

badger
4/22/2015, 11:14 AM
Oh yes I know that I oversimplified it, but oh noes only 4-5 hours of sleep a night for a few months. That's more than you get during maternity leave, so perhaps women are better suited for this ;)

It sounds like they aren't lessening the standards for any candidates, male or female.

BetterSoonerThanLater
4/22/2015, 02:49 PM
my respones were more targeted towards Yermom's comment about the training neding to be less sexist. And I agree about the no sleep part! nothing but respect for the women out there that have had kids/having kids! i've been through a lot, but pregancy i cannot relate to, and for that they have all of my respect! i couldn't do it. i can deal with the dirt, no sleep, bulleets and blood, but having a child would be drawing the line :)

yermom
4/22/2015, 05:05 PM
my respones were more targeted towards Yermom's comment about the training neding to be less sexist. And I agree about the no sleep part! nothing but respect for the women out there that have had kids/having kids! i've been through a lot, but pregancy i cannot relate to, and for that they have all of my respect! i couldn't do it. i can deal with the dirt, no sleep, bulleets and blood, but having a child would be drawing the line :)

It was a joke.

BetterSoonerThanLater
4/22/2015, 10:05 PM

It was a joke.

It wasn't funny

Eielson
4/22/2015, 10:48 PM
I knew it was a joke.

BoulderSooner79
4/22/2015, 10:51 PM
It wasn't funny

Yes it was.

Turd_Ferguson
4/22/2015, 11:50 PM
Yes it was.

No, it wasn't.

BoulderSooner79
4/23/2015, 12:56 AM
No, it wasn't.

Just for those that got it.

olevetonahill
4/23/2015, 04:29 AM
It wernt not either funny, just a tad silly but I knew what he didnt mean!

SicEmBaylor
4/23/2015, 04:46 AM
I wouldn't last 30 seconds in Ranger School, so my hats off to the ladies who finished an entire day.

olevetonahill
4/23/2015, 04:50 AM
I wouldn't last 30 seconds in Ranger School, so my hats off to the ladies who finished an entire day.

http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Turd_Ferguson
4/23/2015, 06:55 AM
I bet the ones that lasted a day are some sammich mak'n, mother ****ers.

olevetonahill
4/23/2015, 07:00 AM
I bet the ones that lasted a day are some sammich mak'n, mother ****ers.

I want to see those that make it the 1st week. Bet they can grind a cucumber

Turd_Ferguson
4/23/2015, 08:01 AM
I want to see those that make it the 1st week. Bet they can grind a cucumber

They'd whittle that sumbitch down to a gerkin.

olevetonahill
4/23/2015, 08:50 AM
They'd whittle that sumbitch down to a gerkin.

:devilish:

Eielson
4/23/2015, 12:49 PM
No, it wasn't.

YES IT WAS

Turd_Ferguson
4/23/2015, 01:01 PM
YES IT WAS

Hahhahahahaha, you're right, it was. I didn't get it the first go round. :D

olevetonahill
4/24/2015, 10:07 PM
And now theres 8 left. I really do hope at least 1 makes it. But they need to EARN it

http://news.yahoo.com/eight-women-finish-first-week-us-army-ranger-190840286.html