PDA

View Full Version : Lady Sooners Softball...

rock on sooner
4/20/2015, 10:02 AM
The ladies are 5th ranked in the country, 38-6, 20 game winner in Paige,
Chamberlain just tied the career home run record,(prolly break it against
North Texas) and Pendley is 6th on the all time home run list. Nobody
is talking about it....how come?

Soonerjeepman
4/20/2015, 10:35 AM
because it's all about football!!!! The other sports at OU (minus basketball) don't get the coverage but are actually pretty good. Men's gymnastics won the NC, women should have but got 3rd...Men's tennis was #1 in the country...baseball is actually ranked #23 as well.

lol, I kid, I actually watched the games...the 2nd game bu just hammered us. Yes, pretty cool we might have 2 lady's break the record this year.

Soonerjeepman
4/20/2015, 10:37 AM
Wooden (ucla) and uconn womens' coach have 10 national titles at one school...most in all sports...Williams, (men's gymnastics has 9..so he's really close)

oudanny
4/20/2015, 10:51 AM
I watched all three games. It was fun to see Chamberlain tie the record. I don't know how deep they can go in the tournament. Pitching depth seems to be an issue.

rock on sooner
4/20/2015, 12:11 PM
Chamberlain really tagged the ball, went out deep and in a hurry. Softball is
all about pitching and scoring...the ladies can flat out score...Paige is young
but pitches "older" than her years...I think they've a good shot at the whole
ball of wax!

It'd be really funny if Pendley got hot with 3 or 4 multi homer games and broke
the record, too. Do the post season stats count against records? Does anyone
know.

That Stearns girl for Baylor is pretty darn good...reminds me a little of Jenny Finch.

tycat947
4/21/2015, 08:49 AM
Wooden (ucla) and uconn womens' coach have 10 national titles at one school...most in all sports...Williams, (men's gymnastics has 9..so he's really close)

I'm pretty sure that Williams wasn't the coach for all of our NCs. I think he has won 6 or 7. (I just checked and he has 6 - still a great accomplishment)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/21/2015, 09:30 AM
ziert - 2
buwick - 1
williams - 6

Soonerjeepman
4/21/2015, 04:29 PM
ah..my bad, I thought they said that he was on his 9th.